MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,558 views
Ok I have a couple of serious questions.

1:) any DS4 users have issues with it being to small?

2:) Does anyone else find that they hold breath when on a good lap only breathing on up shifts coming out of corners with long straights?

Finally ColdWarrior your lap time in race B this week is too close to mine. Please run a faster lap so I can see if I can hold breath all lap trying to match yours. Please and thank you.

Paul.
 
From experimenting. This is the only track I have a place where wall riding can be successful in one location. I would not recommend wall riding with heavy damage.

What's it going to take to run a competitive lap in this race? I ran a few laps in the Hyundai, got down to mid 1:44 in time trial mode
 
Ok I have a couple of serious questions.

1:) any DS4 users have issues with it being to small?

2:) Does anyone else find that they hold breath when on a good lap only breathing on up shifts coming out of corners with long straights?

Finally ColdWarrior your lap time in race B this week is too close to mine. Please run a faster lap so I can see if I can hold breath all lap trying to match yours. Please and thank you.

Paul.
Yeah, I don't know how much you should be holding your breath during these races. The human body needs it's oxygen. I don't want you getting lightheaded and passing out while you're racing. That won't go well for you or anyone else around you on track.

I always perform to the best of my abilities. I not a good hot lapper or qualifier. I make my time by being as consistent and mistake free as possible.
 
Last edited:
Wonder iff the standing and the settings for the next race will be updated anytime soon ?
I posted something to Rinsky about on the directors board.

Rinsky is suppose to be in charge of both the standings and the settings for Gr.4 races.

If I don't hear from him by next Saturday I create my settings for the next race.
 
Gr 1 cars out preform my abilities. Tokyo has never been one of the enjoyable tracks, I have a hard time identifying the line. But I will see if I can make respectable times and make a call then.
Topical Sport Mode crowd can make any race track unenjoyable but, they tend to be the worst at the Tokyo tracks for some reason.

I seem to be one of the few who like the Tokyo tracks. They are crazy fast and remind me of the Special Stage tracks.

I don't recommend this race if you're not comfortable in the Gr.1 class. The Tokyo tracks offer no room.
 
What's it going to take to run a competitive lap in this race? I ran a few laps in the Hyundai, got down to mid 1:44 in time trial mode
The Gr.1 class is not a balanced as others so lap times can vary quite a bit. With my abilities I can get some of the better suit cars down to the low 1:40s.
 
Wonder iff the standing and the settings for the next race will be updated anytime soon ?
Rinsky is working like a dog and his hours have shifted this summer, so his time is very limited.
We just need to have patience; He'll get around to it eventually when he can. 👍

I hate that i missed LeMans this month, i was truly looking forward to that race.

It's not really a track for close racing too often in endurance races, but I enjoy the spirit of racing there. Any race reports anyone wants to share? I havent seen anything other than that the Nissan would Dominate, and that that now seems prophetic since he won :-)
Anyone got a qualifying screenshot? curious where i might have stacked up. Of course i just ran laps AFTER the latest BOP update, so it probably doesnt relate any longer. I need to find the old BOP I guess and see my times.

Rinsky and Infineon, if either of you (or anyone else for that matter) wants to find a convenient time to rerun the race just for ***** and giggles, I'm game. Just let me know Rinsky if you're interested this month. Otherwise, i am hoping to make the July race. But everything is always up in the air with me this summer :banghead:
 
Rinsky is working like a dog and his hours have shifted this summer, so his time is very limited.
We just need to have patience; He'll get around to it eventually when he can. 👍

I hate that i missed LeMans this month, i was truly looking forward to that race.

It's not really a track for close racing too often in endurance races, but I enjoy the spirit of racing there. Any race reports anyone wants to share? I havent seen anything other than that the Nissan would Dominate, and that that now seems prophetic since he won :-)
Anyone got a qualifying screenshot? curious where i might have stacked up. Of course i just ran laps AFTER the latest BOP update, so it probably doesnt relate any longer. I need to find the old BOP I guess and see my times.

Rinsky and Infineon, if either of you (or anyone else for that matter) wants to find a convenient time to rerun the race just for ***** and giggles, I'm game. Just let me know Rinsky if you're interested this month. Otherwise, i am hoping to make the July race. But everything is always up in the air with me this summer :banghead:
I'm trying to be patient but, the show must go on too. That I'm until the next Saturday before I will have to make a decision to the next race's settings myself.
 
Rinsky is working like a dog and his hours have shifted this summer, so his time is very limited.
We just need to have patience; He'll get around to it eventually when he can. 👍

I hate that i missed LeMans this month, i was truly looking forward to that race.

It's not really a track for close racing too often in endurance races, but I enjoy the spirit of racing there. Any race reports anyone wants to share? I havent seen anything other than that the Nissan would Dominate, and that that now seems prophetic since he won :-)
Anyone got a qualifying screenshot? curious where i might have stacked up. Of course i just ran laps AFTER the latest BOP update, so it probably doesnt relate any longer. I need to find the old BOP I guess and see my times.

Rinsky and Infineon, if either of you (or anyone else for that matter) wants to find a convenient time to rerun the race just for ***** and giggles, I'm game. Just let me know Rinsky if you're interested this month. Otherwise, i am hoping to make the July race. But everything is always up in the air with me this summer :banghead:
Would you be interested in a Gr.1 night race at Tokyo Expressway East Outer Loop this Saturday. Room Opens by 7pm EDT, Race starts at 8pm EDT. I may open early if available.

More details in forum.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...20-room-opens-7pm-race-starts-8pm-edt.389789/
 
Rinsky is working like a dog and his hours have shifted this summer, so his time is very limited.
We just need to have patience; He'll get around to it eventually when he can. 👍

I hate that i missed LeMans this month, i was truly looking forward to that race.

It's not really a track for close racing too often in endurance races, but I enjoy the spirit of racing there. Any race reports anyone wants to share? I havent seen anything other than that the Nissan would Dominate, and that that now seems prophetic since he won :-)
Anyone got a qualifying screenshot? curious where i might have stacked up. Of course i just ran laps AFTER the latest BOP update, so it probably doesnt relate any longer. I need to find the old BOP I guess and see my times.

Rinsky and Infineon, if either of you (or anyone else for that matter) wants to find a convenient time to rerun the race just for ***** and giggles, I'm game. Just let me know Rinsky if you're interested this month. Otherwise, i am hoping to make the July race. But everything is always up in the air with me this summer :banghead:
Oh, and I don't have a qualifying screen shot. But, I did save the race replay. I don't post it but, you can still find by going to my profile in game a snooping around my replay section. I'm amazed how much of a creep you can be to your friends in GTS.
 
Rinsky is working like a dog and his hours have shifted this summer, so his time is very limited.
We just need to have patience; He'll get around to it eventually when he can. 👍

I hate that i missed LeMans this month, i was truly looking forward to that race.

It's not really a track for close racing too often in endurance races, but I enjoy the spirit of racing there. Any race reports anyone wants to share? I havent seen anything other than that the Nissan would Dominate, and that that now seems prophetic since he won :-)
Anyone got a qualifying screenshot? curious where i might have stacked up. Of course i just ran laps AFTER the latest BOP update, so it probably doesnt relate any longer. I need to find the old BOP I guess and see my times.

Rinsky and Infineon, if either of you (or anyone else for that matter) wants to find a convenient time to rerun the race just for ***** and giggles, I'm game. Just let me know Rinsky if you're interested this month. Otherwise, i am hoping to make the July race. But everything is always up in the air with me this summer

I can give you my race report, I sucked. I chose Renault because I was driving my RS01 very often in lobbies, unfortunately I forgot the fact that most lobbies are tuning allowed and I had adjusted the suspension. Now I find out that that car is a handful for me at most tracks we have run GR3 on so far without the aide of tuning, I am relay hating life for my poor car choice.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
 
Yeah, I don't know how much you should be holding your breath during these races. The human body needs it's oxygen. I don't want you getting lightheaded and passing out while you're racing. That won't go well for you or anyone else around you on track.

I always perform to the best of my abilities. I not a good hot lapper or qualifier. I make my time by being as consistent and mistake free as possible.

What the downside to the Puegot? That thing is crazy fast, 1:39 so far, that 5 seconds per lap faster than the Hyundai, theres gotta be a downside??
 
I know the feeling about poor car choices. I chose BMW only because I had a gr 3 and gr 4. I figured that with BOP on the cars would all be about the same. Should have stayed with what I first wanted Ford.
 
I know the feeling about poor car choices. I chose BMW only because I had a gr 3 and gr 4. I figured that with BOP on the cars would all be about the same. Should have stayed with what I first wanted Ford.
The Gr.3 M6 BMW is pretty good. The Gr.4 M4 is also good lap time wise but, it has the worst fuel mileage in class.
 
I can give you my race report, I sucked. I chose Renault because I was driving my RS01 very often in lobbies, unfortunately I forgot the fact that most lobbies are tuning allowed and I had adjusted the suspension. Now I find out that that car is a handful for me at most tracks we have run GR3 on so far without the aide of tuning, I am relay hating life for my poor car choice.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
I warned you that the Gr.3 car sucks. Has the same issues as the Gr.3 Audi.
 
What the downside to the Puegot? That thing is crazy fast, 1:39 so far, that 5 seconds per lap faster than the Hyundai, theres gotta be a downside??
If you mean the Puegeot 908. Yeah that's one of the best choices for this race track.
 
I have opened the race lobby early.
 
I've pushed my race start back to 9pm Eastern US time.
 
I can see that the track has been opdated on page 1 , but sadly without a tracktime , hope it will be annonced soon as it has a big influence on how to drive a track , the fuel and tire wear is correct I assume ? :)
 
Last edited:
I can see that the track has been opdated on page 1 , but sadly without a tracktime , hope it will be annonced soon as it has a big influence on how to drive a track , the fuel and tire wear is correct I assume ? :)

Is something different??
 
Dont you guys think there will be many American no shows having the race on the 4th of July???
I'm an American and I'm hosting. The professionals race on holidays. Why can't we.

Plus if we postpone you're going to need a substitute host. I'm not available the 11th or 18th. And the 25th is my birthday so I might be busy that day too.

Well unless my state has close too everything back down already by that point. I hope we get a month before these idiots who won't where masks ruin things. Some of our counties have already see a spike in cases.
 
I saw Rinsky updated somethings on the post. He hasn't a track time. If this the by race day. Then the track time will be 18:15.
 
I have something very important to say...: I just hate Brands Hatch!! lol ;)
Tire in the grass --> You're Dead
Blind corners --> High chances of dying
T1 is still a mystery to me --> Also high chances of dying

See you guys in about a week
 
I have something very important to say...: I just hate Brands Hatch!! lol ;)
Tire in the grass --> You're Dead
Blind corners --> High chances of dying
T1 is still a mystery to me --> Also high chances of dying

See you guys in about a week
What are you complaining your car is 4WD. I love Brands Hatch but, here and the Nurburgring. The grass just pulls you in.
 
I'm an American and I'm hosting. The professionals race on holidays. Why can't we.

Plus if we postpone you're going to need a substitute host. I'm not available the 11th or 18th. And the 25th is my birthday so I might be busy that day too.

Well unless my state has close too everything back down already by that point. I hope we get a month before these idiots who won't where masks ruin things. Some of our counties have already see a spike in cases.

Last I recall professionals who race on holidays get paid. Usually races are set up at times when most people can attend because they are not doing things with their families, I just thought it was a little odd to race on a holiday, our lobbies are not exactly standing room only.
The only thing worse than wearing a mask is thinking that it actually protects you against the virus.
 
Last I recall professionals who race on holidays get paid. Usually races are set up at times when most people can attend because they are not doing things with their families, I just thought it was a little odd to race on a holiday, our lobbies are not exactly standing room only.
The only thing worse than wearing a mask is thinking that it actually protects you against the virus.
As for the masks part. What supporting evidence do you have that they don't protect you. I don't think doctors wear them for procedures and surgeries because it's a fashion statement.

After reading up on the 1918 flu epidemic. Unless there vaccine made in time. The second wave in the fall will be much worse than the first.

Yeah they're not pretty or the most comfortable thing to wear. Still beat better than being forced to sit at home. All the people who won't ware masks are the reason we will not make it through the summer without being shutdown.

It's all the idiots who refuse to ware mash a that will make this a short summer break and ruin the freedom for everyone. All because it was too much to ask for us to stop touching or breathing on each other. Enjoy your short lived freedom.
 
Back