MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,583 views
Had the intention to join the race. Had to work yesterday until 6pm Dallas time. Got home and forgot about it. Was harvesting corn on Farming Simulator 17 when I realized I forgot and could have been racing. Dang farming game is addicting. Maybe next time.
 
We still need to organize our Club vs Club race. Lets pick one car and one tire compound. Not a car thats a handfull. One that we can all race each other and not our own cars. A car we do not usually race all the time. Red Bull Jr????
 
We still need to organize our Club vs Club race. Lets pick one car and one tire compound. Not a car thats a handfull. One that we can all race each other and not our own cars. A car we do not usually race all the time. Red Bull Jr????

You pick the car & race settings and we will pick the track. Sounds like fun to me.
 
I was very happy with the turnout we had 14 of the 16 spots filled.
We also had two people fall off the list and their cars are back into the available section. There are a few people who have now missed their second race in a row but have contacted me to let me know they were missing the races. I'm allowing these people to remain on the list until August 4th. If you cannot make it to this race then you will fall off the list.

PS_Messages_20180708_133335.jpg


13th and 14th spots fell under DNF
 
Great pics Mac
Mr. Rinsky, not sure which wreck you are talking about, the one on L1T1 in first chicane where I start 5th but get hit from behind in the braking zone shoving me into the car in front of me, had damage on both ends, I knew I was going to have to pit already but then I think I got hit again in 2nd chicane. This is an endurance race, not a 4 lap daily, Im not sure if people were in that much of a hurry to get by or if they dont know braking zones, or if they dont know that you must brake early when in a pack of cars. Then with about 15 laps to go I got laid out again this time in the last chicane, even my roof was blinking red, car wouldnt go over about 80 MPH after that one, oh well, at least I made to half way thru a fuel run. The Citroen may be available, I can race like this in the daily's, I thought the racing would have been much cleaner.
 
I think the center "roof" section means engine because it's inside the car? The car line outline is aero and tires are suspension. That's as detailed as the damage model gets.
 
I like the different tire grade choice but, tire wear is a bit heavy to use the softer grades. I suggest reducing tire by 1. The tire life gap between mediums and hards is pretty wide for some reason. So mediums still shouldn't be able to last a fuel run.
 
We still need to organize our Club vs Club race. Lets pick one car and one tire compound. Not a car thats a handfull. One that we can all race each other and not our own cars. A car we do not usually race all the time. Red Bull Jr????
Well then I will vote for Mazda Roadster as the car this for a one make club vs club race. Faster cars doesn't mean better racing. Plus it's an inexpensive car so easy for everyone to acquire.
 
I was very happy with the turnout we had 14 of the 16 spots filled.
We also had two people fall off the list and their cars are back into the available section. There are a few people who have now missed their second race in a row but have contacted me to let me know they were missing the races. I'm allowing these people to remain on the list until August 4th. If you cannot make it to this race then you will fall off the list.

View attachment 749916

13th and 14th spots fell under DNF

Appreciate the gesture but I’m away again when the next race is on, so I understand if my car becomes up for grabs again. Will hopefully be able to rejoin you guys again in September. Gutted to have missed Monza last night, absolutely love that track
 
Great pics Mac
Mr. Rinsky, not sure which wreck you are talking about, the one on L1T1 in first chicane where I start 5th but get hit from behind in the braking zone shoving me into the car in front of me, had damage on both ends, I knew I was going to have to pit already but then I think I got hit again in 2nd chicane. This is an endurance race, not a 4 lap daily, Im not sure if people were in that much of a hurry to get by or if they dont know braking zones, or if they dont know that you must brake early when in a pack of cars. Then with about 15 laps to go I got laid out again this time in the last chicane, even my roof was blinking red, car wouldnt go over about 80 MPH after that one, oh well, at least I made to half way thru a fuel run. The Citroen may be available, I can race like this in the daily's, I thought the racing would have been much cleaner.

I did pre-warn people before hand on T1 to take it easy because damage on. Sorry to hear your race was ruined so soon. I made it through ok but I heard the carnage behind I think several cars had damage, we all need to remember this is a 1.5 hour race no one will win it in the first corner but it’s easy to ruin others race and your own. It instantly ruins the the race for someone and when you still have 1.5 hours to go it’s not much fun!

@Rinsky dont worry too much about the bollard incident, it was frustrating to lose the race like that but it’s only for fun so all good. 👍. I can take away the fact that I was chasing down a car perfect for the track in a car that definitely wasn’t so not too disappointed. Still an excellent race and @WhiteFlight1 gave me a great race!

Also thinking about it that was my first race at Monza, never done a daily here.
 
Last edited:
Appreciate the gesture but I’m away again when the next race is on, so I understand if my car becomes up for grabs again. Will hopefully be able to rejoin you guys again in September. Gutted to have missed Monza last night, absolutely love that track

Looking forward to Megane vs Megane but think your Megane would of destroyed mine at Monza 👍
 
How about down a cut down version the 4 hour Roadster at Tsubuska from GT4 and GT5. Cut it in half to 2 hours or less if you really want too.
 
Track is too small when grid is full. And with endurance people will have nowhere to go to get out of the way.

How about Blue Moon Speedway Infield A? Good corners and not too long either. Maybe Pro and Am drivers, Have everyone submit a TT in a car (not announced so people can't practice) and if they're above a certain time they are in the Pro group, Am for below it. Pro drivers get the 86 or BRZ (their choice) and Am drivers get the Mazda roadster. Both cars on SS tires. 2 hour race with fuel at x1 but set tires to last ~30 minutes.

I don't like long races so I'd suggest the same set up but with a 1 hour race or multiple 30 minute races. 30 minutes without pit stops and 1 hour set to have 1-2 stops.
 
Track is too small when grid is full. And with endurance people will have nowhere to go to get out of the way.

How about Blue Moon Speedway Infield A? Good corners and not too long either. Maybe Pro and Am drivers, Have everyone submit a TT in a car (not announced so people can't practice) and if they're above a certain time they are in the Pro group, Am for below it. Pro drivers get the 86 or BRZ (their choice) and Am drivers get the Mazda roadster. Both cars on SS tires. 2 hour race with fuel at x1 but set tires to last ~30 minutes.

I don't like long races so I'd suggest the same set up but with a 1 hour race or multiple 30 minute races. 30 minutes without pit stops and 1 hour set to have 1-2 stops.
Why would you race in RINSKY'S races if you don't like endurance racing? I like endurance it's way I race theses races.

Oh, and it's called short track racing. As long as everyone is patient with passing it should be fine. Plus the cars only will only have 130 hp. Also in real life there would a lot more cars track for these races. Sport car racing usually fields to the compacity track.
 
Looking forward to Megane vs Megane but think your Megane would of destroyed mine at Monza 👍
For sure it would have been one of the stronger tracks for the FF megane, a good test will be at a more balanced track such as Kyoto or Suzuka to see how they stack up, still think the tyre wear on the FF Megane will kill it in these types of races, the race at Alsace was a real struggle once the tyres were more than a couple of laps old
 
There's a line video games have. Realistic | Fun gameplay. Battlefield games deal with this constantly to balance everything. Sure, in real life there would be so many cars on Tsukuba that it would look like bunched up but gameplay wise that's not going to work well. Heavy damage remember? A lot of potential there.

Random idea, but something using the FIA Formula 2 real world specs on the F1500T-A? You have to level up to the max but it's 621HP at 1,583 lbs. Could be interesting to take that care down a bit to a more manageable level where more people can drive it close to/at the limit.

I looked at GP3 but they use 420 HP. The F1500T-A doesn't go that low and it might be too sluggish wish stock gearbox
 
There's a line video games have. Realistic | Fun gameplay. Battlefield games deal with this constantly to balance everything. Sure, in real life there would be so many cars on Tsukuba that it would look like bunched up but gameplay wise that's not going to work well. Heavy damage remember? A lot of potential there.

Random idea, but something using the FIA Formula 2 real world specs on the F1500T-A? You have to level up to the max but it's 621HP at 1,583 lbs. Could be interesting to take that care down a bit to a more manageable level where more people can drive it close to/at the limit.

I looked at GP3 but they use 420 HP. The F1500T-A doesn't go that low and it might be too sluggish wish stock gearbox
Yes I know heavy damage is on. If you get damaged you pit. I have raced in 3 of RINSKY'S races. I like the realism. In real life heavy damage is always on. Be glad all damage is repairable in GT Sport. If you damage your engine or transmission in real life. You become a spectator for the rest of the race.
 
I wasn't emphasizing the damage so much as the constant bunch up of cars. Anyway... :)
 
I ran a 2 hour a Roadster at Tsubuska in GT6 with heavy damage and it went fine. The cars are slow enough that people shouldn't be making a lot of mistakes or major contact.
 
I should point out that RINSKY did not rule out short tracks.
 
There's a line video games have. Realistic | Fun gameplay. Battlefield games deal with this constantly to balance everything. Sure, in real life there would be so many cars on Tsukuba that it would look like bunched up but gameplay wise that's not going to work well. Heavy damage remember? A lot of potential there.


I have raced at Tsukuba with a full field of cars, it fun and not a problem. The problem comes in when people race like it's a video game. Number 1rule is you dont try to race at qualifying lap speed, that's where most of the problems happen. Guy runs off track because he misses brake point by 3 feet and wipes someone else out reentering. Or he misses his braking point at T1 because he drives in to deep, it even happens at bigger tracks like Monza, I know.
 
I have raced at Tsukuba with a full field of cars, it fun and not a problem. The problem comes in when people race like it's a video game. Number 1rule is you dont try to race at qualifying lap speed, that's where most of the problems happen. Guy runs off track because he misses brake point by 3 feet and wipes someone else out reentering. Or he misses his braking point at T1 because he drives in to deep, it even happens at bigger tracks like Monza, I know.
Yes, Thank you.
 
Finally home again. Will post some videos now. Not the quality you are used to on GTP, but just showing off some fun we had together to those who are interested. Enjoy !

@Alpha Cipher: you missed a nice endurance ! Joining next time ?

nearly had an epic crash with whoever was in the black Mclaren? Trying to make a move down the straight and they were coming out the pit I think?
I got this on tape looked pretty interesting. You were wide because of gaining on number one and quickly went back in line. But did not seem that scary so I did not tape that part. If only I read your post this morning.

But if everyone here would rather run one tire compound only then I have no problem changing it.
One tire compound would be better for me.
 
Last edited:
Got replays of L1T1??

I would like to review the fun I had in my 7 second race. :lol::lol::banghead::banghead:.
 
I like having multiple tire compounds just for the record. Although I think it could work to reduce the wear a little bit as i think the mediums and softs wear a little fast for me in the actual race.
 
I like having multiple tire compounds just for the record. Although I think it could work to reduce the wear a little bit as i think the mediums and softs wear a little fast for me in the actual race.
That's what I said too. I like the tire choice but, the Softs and Mediums wear too fast to use them.
 
Appreciate the gesture but I’m away again when the next race is on, so I understand if my car becomes up for grabs again. Will hopefully be able to rejoin you guys again in September. Gutted to have missed Monza last night, absolutely love that track

If you know for sure your Racing September then I'll keep your car for you. Your another front runner and I know these guys would welcome more competition up front.


I should point out that RINSKY did not rule out short tracks.

You are absolutely correct and Tsubuska is one that's on my list.


Got replays of L1T1??

I would like to review the fun I had in my 7 second race. :lol::lol::banghead::banghead:.

I can share the whole race but your not going to like what you see on L1 T1


Am I still in the lineup for the next race?
Yes


I like having multiple tire compounds just for the record. Although I think it could work to reduce the wear a little bit as i think the mediums and softs wear a little fast for me in the actual race.

I'm not going to one compound but I will drop the tire wear by 1. I do adjust them depending on the track.



Everyone will get the August track location when I make my decision. The people who finished a lap down had unfortunate circumstances that lead to their finish.
So everyone will get plenty of practice time this month.
 
Last edited:
Back