MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,583 views
RINSKY what do you think of a Mazda Roadster one make at Tsubuska for the club vs club race.
 
Since anyone can view the replay I just made these short “impressions”. I do not know if people like these things this was my first time joining you. Because I can also make more and with better sound and video quality of course.

These were all simple from my phone since I did not have time yesterday.
 
Last edited:
The clip of these 2 foto’s:

oZWOwgsX.png


66Wi6GYF.jpeg



 
And this was the most exciting moment of the race !! Sorry for the wife and dog sound effects and crappy recording but it was for the fun. And on my defence: live camera editing with one hand at controller and filming with mobile on other hand is not easy.

So finally this moment:

vUuFyhsB.jpeg



 
Last edited:
I thought penalties were dished out for crossing over the pit exit lane line when exiting the pits??

No August race??
 
Last edited:
If you know for sure your Racing September then I'll keep your car for you. Your another front runner and I know these guys would welcome more competition up front.

No reason I can’t make early Sept race, again appreciate the gesture and already looking forward to it!
 
Are these on the youtube?
 
RINSKY what do you think of a Mazda Roadster one make at Tsubuska for the club vs club race.

I'm down to race anything but yes those are fun little cars to race.


I thought penalties were dished out for crossing over the pit exit lane line when exiting the pits??

No August race??

Absolutely there is an August race.

Everyone will get the September track location when I make my decision. The people who finished a lap down had unfortunate circumstances that lead to their finish.
So everyone will get plenty of practice time this month.

I ment to say August not September

I Have it narrow down to three tracks.
But can't decide if I should choose or hold a vote for the next location.
 
And finally the GTS enduro blooper:



Not entirely sure what you mean by this, is it intended to be funny?

Your video does not show the bollard that had been kindly placed in the middle of the track causing the spin. Not sure I find the point my race/potential win was ruined that funny actually!
 
I had some fun last night with @Clean Racer testing the Renault Clio with no tuning and RH tires at Brands Hatch Indy. I'm thinking it will be fun at Tsukuba, Gardens, Maggiore's smaller variants, Nurburgring GP, maybe a Nordschleife race, Suzuka East, Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A, that's plenty of options for a multi-week season
 
Not entirely sure what you mean by this, is it intended to be funny?

Your video does not show the bollard that had been kindly placed in the middle of the track causing the spin. Not sure I find the point my race/potential win was ruined that funny actually!

Yeah the replay doesn't show the barrier in the road its invisible for some reason. You can clearly see your car hit something.
 
I hit a cone in a Group 4 car a week or 2 ago at Sarthe and my car did like a MotoX jump, it musta been 10-15 feet off the ground. I didnt hit it on purpose, the car in front of me hit it and it landed dead center in my path. What are PD's cones made from, Mallory metal or something? I think PD may have goofed up on those cone physics just a little bit maybe.
GTS, The Real Driving Similator.....................said no one ever.
 
While traffic cones are heavier than you would think. As they are weighed down so don't blow over from wind. The cones still shouldn't be heavy enough to launch your car off ground themselves but, allowing the air to get under your car at higher speeds can cause you to get airborne. So I'm not sure how inaccurate that is.
 
While traffic cones are heavier than you would think. As they are weighed down so don't blow over from wind. The cones still shouldn't be heavy enough to launch your car off ground themselves but, allowing the air to get under your car at higher speeds can cause you to get airborne. So I'm not sure how inaccurate that is.

I would say since a drag car has to get to almost a 45 degree angle at well 150MPH for the wind to really catch on and have effect I would say the cone collisions in GTS are not very realistic. Some tracks have cones at various locations IRL, if they were able to cause a car to go airborne I'm sure you wouldn't see them used.
 
- Traels and I composed a little video that covers the turn one incident. It comes complete with a morale and everything. We've missed talking about the costs of the incident, ie how most of pack got damage after turn one, Traels thought he had punted me directly, so he felt terrible and went to serve his penalty immediately instead of racing on as most folks would do. Also we should have made a mention to how small the initial contact actually was, and how big the following chain reaction was. Just to show how careful we actually need to be when racing so close at the beginning of a race.

It's our first piece of content that's not a live stream or commentary, so we've obviously still got a lot to learn. Any feedback is appreciated! :)
 
Lap 1 turn 1 crashes at Monza are common even in real life. At least all damage is repairable in GT Sport.
 
- Traels and I composed a little video that covers the turn one incident. It comes complete with a morale and everything. We've missed talking about the costs of the incident, ie how most of pack got damage after turn one, Traels thought he had punted me directly, so he felt terrible and went to serve his penalty immediately instead of racing on as most folks would do. Also we should have made a mention to how small the initial contact actually was, and how big the following chain reaction was. Just to show how careful we actually need to be when racing so close at the beginning of a race.

It's our first piece of content that's not a live stream or commentary, so we've obviously still got a lot to learn. Any feedback is appreciated! :)


The live stream was an awesome touch.

I'm really sorry so many people got damaged within the first two laps. This is not something that has happened yet in this Series as its almost always very clean. I didn't see anything that I thought was intentional and everything was probably more contributed to the lack of practice and not really knowing your braking points yet.

I agree with you 100% that if you do get damage don't give up. Many people salvaged a strong finish after all of that.

Remember this is all for fun so use this race as a chance to practice different things if your thrown off your game plan and use that opportunity to try something new. Just please don't get upset.
 
We are supposed to be doing a world tour but I'm making an exception this next race and we are going back to Japan. This track is excellent with the Gr.4 class and its time for some short track racing.

Welcome to the Tsukuba Circuit

640x350m.jpg




Some might think I'm crazy after everything that happened last race but short track racing is part of racing and we are really over due for one and this short track is absolutely the best one for Gr.4

Get ready for some close proximity racing because your not going to have open track to kick back and relax as racing will be going on everywhere on this track. Lap cars are not ghosted so racing someone hard while having the leaders on your tail will be common for most. This will be 1.5hr or 90 minutes of intense racing.

Staying on the lead lap here will require skill and luck for most of us. Short track racing is always filled with surprises and setbacks. The RWD racers will have their hands full here making sure not to spin out.

As previously stated everyone gets to practice this track for the August race.
Fuel and tire wear have been set for a 3 stop race based on RH and 90 laps. If you choose to run a softer compound then more stops might be required.

Tsukuba Circuit
Time 17:00 or the next to last time slot.
Tire ×4 Fuel ×5

A lot of different strategies can play out here so get your ass in gear and practice.

We will be holding practice lobbies throughout the month so join in if you like.
 
Are all cars reset and we can choose again or do we keep what we had unless things open up?
 
Are all cars reset and we can choose again or do we keep what we had unless things open up?

You keep what had. I normally don't let people trade out cars unless an update comes with BOP changes. And even then you can only choose from the available car list.
 
Crap, so coming late to the party means my options were limited to begin with. I wish I realized that and that might have affected my decision but oh well. Lexus it is
 
Crap, so coming late to the party means my options were limited to begin with. I wish I realized that and that might have affected my decision but oh well. Lexus it is

The Lexus is a good car. It's the car @Alpha Cipher chose when he did the first race with us and finished 2nd in it.

The whole idea behind keeping your car is that it's better at some tracks and worse at others and everyone has the same issue.
My Porsche is not a speed car so Monza was not a strong track for me but smaller courses are.
 
I love your choice of a short track. Tsukuba is indeed a brilliant track and a good way to see faster drivers taking over less fast drivers. On a short track the laptimes are going to be much closer to each other.

We can assume we will be doing maximum 90 laps total there. If we qualify somewhere between 0:56 and 0:58 that means a 2 second difference. Idealy that would mean you would need almost 30 laps for the leader to pass the last driver for the first time. But racepace is influenced by much more than stats only.

So would be just brilliant to see this. Blue flagging has a different approach on these kind of short tracks. Can’t wait to participate here. Hope I can manage it again staying up late.


Are these on the youtube?
Did you mean the videos I posted ? Yes they are. But if that is not good I can take them off again or make them not public so only can be seen by you.

Not entirely sure what you mean by this, is it intended to be funny?
Well getting of track by a cone looks like bad physics programming by PD. There have been a lot of discussions about the cone-effects on GTP and because the cone cannot be seen in the video it surely looked like a blooper to me. We knew it was a cone because you already mentioned it of course.

I thought this series was about having fun together ? Of course not winning when you have a chance of doing so can be very frustrating, we are all serious drivers I presume, but I am sure you can laugh about it the next day or day after when this is not a championship with points ?

Having said that I am sure Rinsky will warn the one putting the cone there as he already promised directly after the race.

It's our first piece of content that's not a live stream or commentary, so we've obviously still got a lot to learn. Any feedback is appreciated!
I love these kind of analysis ! I also recorded the start and saw the chain reaction was not (solely) created by the driver you would immediately think of.

But as I said I dont know what you think about these kind of videos, especially since I presume everybody saves the replay and watches (some) moments back. So thats why I only posted the ones you have seen here.
 
Did you mean the videos I posted ? Yes they are. But if that is not good I can take them off again or make them not public so only can be seen by you.
I was only curious because if they are I can watch them on my big TV instead of just my phone in the browser 👍
 
I think I got scared a bit by Vensters reaction there ;)

I dont know how good the quality is on your tv. The videos are recorded with my mobile phone and not captured. Like I said I can make it better if people would be interested next time.
 
Back