MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,593 views
I'm not in this series because it conflicts with my real life schedule but I wanted to ask if I could jump in on a practice session/race if I am around? Just curious. I totally understand if I'm not allowed.

I have no problem with that.

I know one of them we will do the whole 1.5hr like the last time you did a practice with us.
 
@TheColdWarriors @Rinsky @Infineon @Racer283 @Venster @Cooper2k @bloodyboyblue @steviea712 @fastone371 @im2fst4u @FlyinHawaiian77 @WhiteFlight1 @Macboyilija @bigbeefytaco @Kano Manel @Traels Tag anyone you know that I forgot or couldn't get as I'm using the first post member list and some names don't show up.

Anyone available tomorrow for a mock 60 minute practice race? Lobby open for practice sometime between 8 and 9pm EST with a race starting by 9:30 the latest. If you don't have time for the entire night let me know what time block you are available for. We can start earlier if more people prefer it.
 
We are supposed to be doing a world tour but I'm making an exception this next race and we are going back to Japan. This track is excellent with the Gr.4 class and its time for some short track racing.

Welcome to the Tsukuba Circuit

View attachment 750170



Some might think I'm crazy after everything that happened last race but short track racing is part of racing and we are really over due for one and this short track is absolutely the best one for Gr.4

Get ready for some close proximity racing because your not going to have open track to kick back and relax as racing will be going on everywhere on this track. Lap cars are not ghosted so racing someone hard while having the leaders on your tail will be common for most. This will be 1.5hr or 90 minutes of intense racing.

Staying on the lead lap here will require skill and luck for most of us. Short track racing is always filled with surprises and setbacks. The RWD racers will have their hands full here making sure not to spin out.

As previously stated everyone gets to practice this track for the August race.
Fuel and tire wear have been set for a 3 stop race based on RH and 90 laps. If you choose to run a softer compound then more stops might be required.

Tsukuba Circuit
Time 17:00 or the next to last time slot.
Tire ×4 Fuel ×5

A lot of different strategies can play out here so get your ass in gear and practice.

We will be holding practice lobbies throughout the month so join in if you like.

Not too disappointed about missing Monza, but I’ll try my darndest to not miss Tsukuba. Looking forward to flogging that RCZ until the front tires catch fire. I’ll put money on @Venster lapping the field at least once in the Megane Trophy.

August 4th is my mom’s birthday so I’ll probably put some sort of Jeff Gordon paint scheme on the car for this race, since she was a huge fan of his, and his birthday is that day also coincidentally, as I’ve heard from her many times. Obama’s as well.
 
I wish I could join but can't make it tomorrow.
 
@TheColdWarriors @Rinsky @Infineon @Racer283 @Venster @Cooper2k @bloodyboyblue @steviea712 @fastone371 @im2fst4u @FlyinHawaiian77 @WhiteFlight1 @Macboyilija @bigbeefytaco @Kano Manel @Traels Tag anyone you know that I forgot or couldn't get as I'm using the first post member list and some names don't show up.

Anyone available tomorrow for a mock 60 minute practice race? Lobby open for practice sometime between 8 and 9pm EST with a race starting by 9:30 the latest. If you don't have time for the entire night let me know what time block you are available for. We can start earlier if more people prefer it.

I'm available almost all day long until those times you posted. I want to do it but we will see how badly it's going to make the wife mad. I hate making her take care of the kiddo before bed all by herself.
As of now count me in.
 
I have no problem with that.

I know one of them we will do the whole 1.5hr like the last time you did a practice with us.
Thank you, kind sir. I will keep an eye on this thread and join practices whenever possible. When in the practices I'll try to use whatever car is not represented. Unless you want me to stick with a particular whip. Thanks again
 
Thank you, kind sir. I will keep an eye on this thread and join practices whenever possible. When in the practices I'll try to use whatever car is not represented. Unless you want me to stick with a particular whip. Thanks again

Because your not in the race itself and you don't have a car you can just use whatever car you feel like in practice.
 
Anyone available tomorrow for a mock 60 minute practice race? Lobby open for practice sometime between 8 and 9pm EST with a race starting by 9:30 the latest. If you don't have time for the entire night let me know what time block you are available for. We can start earlier if more people prefer it.[/QUOTE]

I won't be able to make it tomorrow as I have another event going on around that time.
 
Yay! Short track racing. Though I don't know how my Lamborghini will perform at Tsubuska. Oh, thanks for reducing tire wear. Hopefully it will make the Soft and Medium Tires more useful. As of now I'm free August 4th.
 
Yay! Short track racing. Though I don't know how my Lamborghini will perform at Tsubuska. Oh, thanks for reducing tire wear. Hopefully it will make the Soft and Medium Tires more useful. As of now I'm free August 4th.
medium tires are ok to use, but softs won't work. we tried dialing the tire wear down for softs and it made hard usable for almost half the race
 
@TheColdWarriors @Rinsky @Infineon @Racer283 @Venster @Cooper2k @bloodyboyblue @steviea712 @fastone371 @im2fst4u @FlyinHawaiian77 @WhiteFlight1 @Macboyilija @bigbeefytaco @Kano Manel @Traels Tag anyone you know that I forgot or couldn't get as I'm using the first post member list and some names don't show up.

Anyone available tomorrow for a mock 60 minute practice race? Lobby open for practice sometime between 8 and 9pm EST with a race starting by 9:30 the latest. If you don't have time for the entire night let me know what time block you are available for. We can start earlier if more people prefer it.
I can make to practice. Thank you for organizing it.:cheers:
 
medium tires are ok to use, but softs won't work. we tried dialing the tire wear down for softs and it made hard usable for almost half the race
Sounds like an F1 race. Three tires on offer but only two are actually effective. It would be cool to have mandatory compound change like F1 does too but game has no option for it.
 
So the Softs still wear too fast on x5. Well that gives us choice of hard and Mediums for the race and the Softs can be used as qualifying tires.
 
Sounds like an F1 race. Three tires on offer but only two are actually effective. It would be cool to have mandatory compound change like F1 does too but game has no option for it.

I know and that sucks because GT6 had that option.
We have been throwing around the idea of only using 2 race compounds each race and not 3 but we are still undecide.
 
I like Cold Warrior's idea of using the soft for qualifying only. You can check everyone's settings to make sure they areusing them and then switching to RH or RM before starting the race.
 
I like Cold Warrior's idea of using the soft for qualifying only. You can check everyone's settings to make sure they areusing them and then switching to RH or RM before starting the race.

That is very doable and not a bad idea. I personally never use soft tires only RM & RH. Race Softs just don't last more than a few laps before your lap times start to slip into the RM range anyway.
 
I'm just glad to have a tire choice now. When I raced in June at Kyoto. My car didn't have enough traction on RH especially in traffic and RM wear too fast to use them.
 
Our goal is to have RH worn right to the point of making it a difficult decision to take new tires or take a chance on the same ones once your fuel is gone. This will also make RM more useful depending on the track.
 
From fuel and tire testing I have done. If you want RH to last 2 fuel runs you'll need have fuel and tires the same rate. Even which that will depend on what track your at. The problem is with doing that is RM can last 1 fuel run. RM seem to have little more than 50% of the life of RH. For some reason the tire wear gap is must wider between RM and RH than it is between RS and RM or RSS and RS.
 
Anyone available tomorrow for a mock 60 minute practice race? Lobby open for practice sometime between 8 and 9pm EST with a race starting by 9:30 the latest
Those times are impossible for me. I will skip all practice with you guys based on our different timezones. After one endurance I need 4 weeks to recover. So just perfect for me for the next endurance.

It would be nice if all people can post their racepace times. So what kind of a laptime are you able to drive consistently lap after lap on Tsukuba ? This would give a better idea than the best qualify time.
 
From fuel and tire testing I have done. If you want RH to last 2 fuel runs you'll need have fuel and tires the same rate. Even which that will depend on what track your at. The problem is with doing that is RM can last 1 fuel run. RM seem to have little more than 50% of the life of RH. For some reason the tire wear gap is must wider between RM and RH than it is between RS and RM or RSS and RS.

The tire model definitely needs some work and hopefully they fix it soon. I don't have a problem with the grip in this game. I like it more than GT6 but GT6 had a better tire model overall.

Those times are impossible for me. I will skip all practice with you guys based on our different timezones. After one endurance I need 4 weeks to recover. So just perfect for me for the next endurance.

It would be nice if all people can post their racepace times. So what kind of a laptime are you able to drive consistently lap after lap on Tsukuba ? This would give a better idea than the best qualify time.

Now you know I'm on during the day mid week. Most of my testing will be done then or very late at night may as well call it very early in the morning like now.
 
Tsukuba can offer some great clean and competitive racing, I have had a blast in some of the daily's when you get people who are patient. It also seems a little easier to set up a pass here if you are a little better in a corner or 2 so you can carry more momentum to the next corner to pull off a pass. I dont know if there is a physics problem with the game or what but at bigger tracks even if you carry more speed thru a corner by the time you are well into the straight it seems any advantage you built disappears. I noticed that cars definitely dont seem to lose enough time for going into the grass, many, many races I have been 1 second behind someone when they put 3 wheels in the grass and by the next corner I'm barely on their rear bumper, I think IRL that should be an easy pass even from farther behind. I'm sure that PD does that to keep the cars all closer together but the downside is it makes it difficult to pass and it cause more people to takes risks which causes penalties and ultimately people arguing.
 
Well getting of track by a cone looks like bad physics programming by PD. There have been a lot of discussions about the cone-effects on GTP and because the cone cannot be seen in the video it surely looked like a blooper to me. We knew it was a cone because you already mentioned it of course.

I thought this series was about having fun together ? Of course not winning when you have a chance of doing so can be very frustrating, we are all serious drivers I presume, but I am sure you can laugh about it the next day or day after when this is not a championship with points ?

Having said that I am sure Rinsky will warn the one putting the cone there as he already promised directly after the race.

I think you’ve misunderstood, I don’t care about the result or the fact I hit the bollard, I do these races to have fun and learn tracks I’m happy with what ever result I may get. As I said before I don’t want Rinsky to look at it as it’s all just for fun.

It’s the ‘blooper’ term you’ve called the video, I understand you what you are trying to show but it looks like you’ve done a series of videos of the good bits now here’s the blooper.
 
Not too disappointed about missing Monza, but I’ll try my darndest to not miss Tsukuba. Looking forward to flogging that RCZ until the front tires catch fire. I’ll put money on @Venster lapping the field at least once in the Megane Trophy.

August 4th is my mom’s birthday so I’ll probably put some sort of Jeff Gordon paint scheme on the car for this race, since she was a huge fan of his, and his birthday is that day also coincidentally, as I’ve heard from her many times. Obama’s as well.

Ha not sure about that but the trophy will be decent there, all about 4wd at Tsukuba though, it will netware in the Mitsubishi!!
 
As I said before I don’t want Rinsky to look at it as it’s all just for fun.

I say that only because there is no point system or anything else that effects someone negatively going into the next race.

I can assure you I'm all serious when it becomes race day and I'm racing to the best of my abilities. I do give myself a handicap every race by starting in the rear but like I said I do that in almost every race I run FIA included.

One thing I will say, I think I’m right in saying that @Infineon had a much better race in the Antenza so I’m glad i passed it over, good to see people more competitive 👍

Yeah he is really enjoying that car.
 
I say that only because there is no point system or anything else that effects someone negatively going into the next race.

I can assure you I'm all serious when it becomes race day and I'm racing to the best of my abilities. I do give myself a handicap every race by starting in the rear but like I said I do that in almost every race I run FIA included.



Yeah he is really enjoying that car.

I know you do and I really enjoy the series as you know. You know I’m not in it to win just enjoy a race, so I just see it as a racing incident and look forward to next 👍

Good to hear Infineon is enjoying the car
 
Back