MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,598 views
Sorry mate but it will be far too late over here for me to join, if you hold any over a weekend let me know and if I’m free I’ll happily take part:tup:

Same for me, depends what time you are running it?

I’ll be on for a bit tonight but I’m a away from tomorrow for a few days so won’t be on.
 
Same for me, depends what time you are running it?

I’ll be on for a bit tonight but I’m a away from tomorrow for a few days so won’t be on.

Race start 9:30pm EST (from post earlier in thread) will be 2:30am our time...
 
I also posted that it can change if people prefer earlier. Whatevs. I didn't know you're location so I tagged everyone.

I'm also off Thursday so we can try for Thursday afternoon for me/night for you
 
One thing I will say, I think I’m right in saying that @Infineon had a much better race in the Antenza so I’m glad i passed it over, good to see people more competitive 👍
Thank you. I love the car so much, I have 4 (including my FIA sponsor) Atenzas in my garage, for the convenience of picking which livery I want to race with LoL
 
It’s the ‘blooper’ term you’ve called the video, I understand you what you are trying to show but it looks like you’ve done a series of videos of the good bits now here’s the blooper.
I understand. Still I did make a nice video of some special moment where you enter the pit. That was multitasking to the max without editing and filming with mobile and changing camera’s. Also made some movies with your race and some nice pics. And because the race winner specifically asked what happened I showed that video and thought it was funny to name it blooper. If I did not show anything from you apart from that “blooper” I would understand your irritation. I guess humour is a personal thing sometimes so sorry.

I didn't know you're location so I tagged everyone.
Please continue tagging me, since you may start earlier sometimes and I would be able to join.
 
I understand. Still I did make a nice video of some special moment where you enter the pit. That was multitasking to the max without editing and filming with mobile and changing camera’s. Also made some movies with your race and some nice pics. And because the race winner specifically asked what happened I showed that video and thought it was funny to name it blooper. If I did not show anything from you apart from that “blooper” I would understand your irritation. I guess humour is a personal thing sometimes so sorry.

Don’t mind the video perhaps consider the title next time please 👍, anyway all good let’s just forget about it.
 
Thank you. I love the car so much, I have 4 (including my FIA sponsor) Atenzas in my garage, for the convenience of picking which livery I want to race with LoL

That’s good to hear, I really like the car too but I’ve driven it a lot so wanted a different challenge so I’m glad it’s of benefit to you.
 
Anyway @bloodyboyblue got me wondering how the trophy would fair at Tsukuba. So ran a few test laps, although it was only in time trial so no tyre wear for a minute

RH - 56.7 optimum 56.4

Didn’t do any RM or RS runs
 
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/livery/1411831/1/4836893569401751049
4836893569401751049_23.jpg
 
I also posted that it can change if people prefer earlier. Whatevs. I didn't know you're location so I tagged everyone.

I'm also off Thursday so we can try for Thursday afternoon for me/night for you

I can do afternoons Tuesday Wednesdays Thursdays
 
Okay everyone, let's plan to have a practice session Thursday at 2pm EST. If we get a lot of people we can do a 60min mock race
 
Hi I would like to join with the Veyron. My PSN is ANTBUSTER97

I will put you on the list and the veyron is yours but....

I can't guarantee a spot will be available for next month's race. I only have 2 confirmed to be out for the next race and you make #21 on the list. That leaves 3 spots I don't have room for.

Keep an eye out here and I will let you know closer to race day as it's still to early call.
 
Okay everyone, let's plan to have a practice session Thursday at 2pm EST. If we get a lot of people we can do a 60min mock race

I'm in.

I will also be on tonight around 11:30pm probably until 4am and I will be doing some testing so if anyone sees my private lobby up just jump in.
 
Here's a quick idea if it gets crowded around here come race weekend.

Starting now assign two slots for each car and keep track of it in the first post so people know which cars are filled up or not. I would say we give everyone a time trial and split the two rooms up using that. The faster of of the two people that choose a car goes in Room A and the slower in Room B. This should also help keep drivers with comparable skill together.

If you want to make that split when we'd have 10 cars with both slots full, 12, 14 it's up to you. I'm sure you'd like to avoid turning people down but if we have only two people that can't get in and we split making it 9 per room, it's not a big field which might then turn people away and then we lose enough to make one big room in the end. It's always good to plan for every scenario :gtplanet:
 
Here's a quick idea if it gets crowded around here come race weekend.

Starting now assign two slots for each car and keep track of it in the first post so people know which cars are filled up or not. I would say we give everyone a time trial and split the two rooms up using that. The faster of of the two people that choose a car goes in Room A and the slower in Room B. This should also help keep drivers with comparable skill together.

If you want to make that split when we'd have 10 cars with both slots full, 12, 14 it's up to you. I'm sure you'd like to avoid turning people down but if we have only two people that can't get in and we split making it 9 per room, it's not a big field which might then turn people away and then we lose enough to make one big room in the end. It's always good to plan for every scenario :gtplanet:

I haven't had to turn anyone away yet and I'm sure a few more people will have things come up and not make it.

Last race was the most people we have had yet at 14. I will work something out closer to race day but I don't think we will have an issue.


I'd like to participate once more, staying with my, by now, trusted 86. It's a damn good car! Tsukuba's gonna be fun, looking forward to this one again! :D

I was driving your car last night at Tsukuba and its great for this track but its very easy to lose the rear end and spin out in the 86.
 
Maybe not as many show up because it's once a month and they want a championship type of thing. The idea that you can't repeat cars can also be off putting if the car you want to use isn't available. Have you thought about this becoming a weekly thing?
 
Maybe not as many show up because it's once a month and they want a championship type of thing. The idea that you can't repeat cars can also be off putting if the car you want to use isn't available. Have you thought about this becoming a weekly thing?

I've thought about it but 1.5hr takes a lot out of people so I just don't feel it would work that well. I really don't want to shorten the race because there are already many 1 hour races going on.
There were no 1.5 hour race Series going on when I started this and it seems to work well at once a month.

I'm kinda like if it's not broken don't mess with it because as of right now this race just keeps growing.

I don't think the cars have anything to do with people not showing up for every race. Sometimes life and other prior engagements come up and conflict with the race. I set it up just for those types of situations and it's worked so far.

We will see though because if it continues to grow i might run into a conflict but I'm not to worried about it right now as we have never had a full 16 lobby
 
I will put you on the list and the veyron is yours but....

I can't guarantee a spot will be available for next month's race. I only have 2 confirmed to be out for the next race and you make #21 on the list. That leaves 3 spots I don't have room for.

Keep an eye out here and I will let you know closer to race day as it's still to early call.
I will be unable
 
I intend to race in August I love Tsubuska Circuit. I have had never a boring race there.
 
I intend to race in August I love Tsubuska Circuit. I have had never a boring race there.

It's a very interesting track. Several of different races lines and all can be just as fast as the other one. Plenty of passing zones ( no dive bombing ) and a large amount of pit/tire/fuel & power setting combos can be played with to dial in your car.
This is definitely one of the few tracks that offers so many possibilities. Plus a ton of close racing for 1.5hr all adds up to an awesome race come August.
 
Despite I like Tsubuska Circuit. I think this is going to be a very bad track for my car. You need ether to be good in the turns or have good corner drive off to get around Tsubuska. My Lamborghini is too fat and it's drive off isn't great. I Have to hope it's good straightaway will make me harder to pass.
 
If I was you RINSKY I would qualify for this one. I think your Porsche will be one of the better cars for Tsubuska.
 
you guys up for a race


I would love too, but you americans tend to do everithing like 6 hours later than us... don't really understand why... Consider sundays afternoon (sunday evening in the all mighty Britain) to make a sort of after FIA race, with the same characteristics but more laps. It would be real fun.

Now seriously, on weekend, any time. A real racing situation is what an amateur like me needs to improve

PS:also consider changing the time zone of the colonies to London
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I would love too, but you americans tend to do everithing like 6 hours later than us... don't really understand why... Consider sundays afternoon (sunday evening in the all mighty Britain) to make a sort of after FIA race, with the same characteristics but more laps. It would be real fun.

Now seriously, on weekend, any time. A real racing situation is what an amateur like me needs to improve

PS:also consider changing the time zone of the colonies to London

I have been saying this for years!!! But the other way around, change London/Europe time to match New York, there is no reason I should be getting up at 5:30AM on a Sunday to watch an F1 race!!!
 
Back