MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,711 views
I'm not saying they can't be fun but GTS has really pulled the enthusiasm out of racing road cars all together.
You never hardly see a single lobby racing the VW Bus or the Fiat.
With not a lot of excitement surrounding N-class racing to begin with I just don't see those 3 cars helping to turn the tides.
Some of my friends and I ran Fiat 500 races last night at 3AM. Through two races I think we had about 10 randoms join. So, surprisingly, the interest is actually there. With the few cars that can actually reach N100, they needed a few more. I just hate all this GrX because they’re so far apart from each other.
 
Some of my friends and I ran Fiat 500 races last night at 3AM. Through two races I think we had about 10 randoms join. So, surprisingly, the interest is actually there. With the few cars that can actually reach N100, they needed a few more. I just hate all this GrX because they’re so far apart from each other.

If I'm ever on when this is happening I will join in most definitely.
 
@bigbeefytaco I think you misunderstood me and Rinsky. We are big N-class lovers. Some of my best races were with the Suzuki Swift on the Nordschleife. Close ratio with 12 cars from the beginning till the end. We would do N-class races all day actually. From N100-N500 for me. And of course SH tyres. Always max sport hard !

Let us know when you race something like that again !
 
@bigbeefytaco I think you misunderstood me and Rinsky. We are big N-class lovers. Some of my best races were with the Suzuki Swift on the Nordschleife. Close ratio with 12 cars from the beginning till the end. We would do N-class races all day actually. From N100-N500 for me. And of course SH tyres. Always max sport hard !

Let us know when you race something like that again !
I use to race in lobbies where the winner would pick the pp in GT6. You can bet everytime I won I chose 250 :lol: sadly some cars couldn’t run reach that like the leaf or I-Miev or whatever it was but man, slow and ridiculous cars were my passion. Dirty racing was great at that pp. you could attempt to spin someone out but you would lose your momentum that you ended up hurting yourself more than the other drivers. Good times.
 
So there are other people that like racing the slow cars. I thought I was the only one.

I actually hosted a 2 hours 2CV race at Spa on GT6. It was based on a real life 24 hours race that is hosted at Spa yearly. I sped up time to get through 24 hours in a 2 hour race and active weather change. The first 25 minutes were dry the rain came. Unfortunately I only got one other player to race it with me.
 
400pp on CS tires was always my favourite in GT6 just because of the variety of cars useable. The reason road cars are less common in this game is because they vastly improved the race car physics, and the BOP in the N classes don’t work so if you want to race different cars you pretty much have to make your own BOP which means you can’t run tuning off. So it’s pretty much one make or nothing. I spend 99.999% of my time in sport mode anyway and the only lobby racing I do is these races or Sundays where we race every car in the game alphabetically , slow ones and fast ones.

I still haven’t even raced with Comfort tires in this game, which is disappointing since that’s what I raced with almost exclusively in GT6
 
They have improved Comfort and Sports Tires since the games release.

They did a very poor job with the N Classes. Not just because of BOP failure. How the cars are initially classed is also part of the problem. N Classes cars are classed only based on Horse Power. They do not take weight, age, or on track performance into consideration. This why the X-bow R is in n300. That car is capable of competitive lap times with of n500 and n600 cars. But, because it only like 295 hp or something like that. It an N300 class car. I also would like a new N50 class opened for the Fiat 500 and VW Bus along with any other cars of that performance they add.
 
I'd like to sign up for the upcoming race if there's still something available. I would be using the Alfa Romeo 4C.
 
Why is tatjana001 not on the players list?
 
I'd like to sign up for the upcoming race if there's still something available. I would be using the Alfa Romeo 4C.

I will add you to the list but I don't think we will have the room this week. I only have 2 confirmed out for the August race so far. That leaves me 16 spots already taken and you make the second waiting to get in. Stay close on race day and I will let you know if anything change.

1.Lamborghini - TheColdWarriors
2.Porsche - RINSKY
3.Mazda - Infineon
4.Viper - racer233
5.Mégane Trophy - Venster
6.Lancer - Cooper2k
7.RCZ - bloodyboyblue
8.Megane - steviea712 - out for Aug
9.Citroen - fastone371
10.BMW - MrRacingline
11.Toyota - DirtenDK
12.Audi - im2fst4u55
13.Corvette - FlyinHawaiian77
14.Vantage - WhiteFlight1
15.Ferrari - Macboyilija
16.Lexus - DesertPenguin
17.Subaru - bigbeefytaco - out for Aug
18.McLaren- Traels666

On the bubble for the next race.
19.Veyron - Sheldonsuckz
20.4C - TetsuKobura
21.Mustang- RoadRageDudez
 
Last edited:
Why is tatjana001 not on the players list?

Well I cut her from the list because she is not taking this race seriously. In the June race she attempted to race but about half way through she gave up. In the July race she didn't race at all but stayed on the track move around to different locations and just sat bringing the caution flag out whenever you got near her and resulting in penalties if you passed someone in her zone.

Then with about 5 laps to go she ran through the barriers and pushed them out on the track. This in return caused our leader to hit one not expecting it to be there and caused him spin out and lose the race.

She is obviously not having fun and not even trying to race and caused to much drama last race so I removed her based on the rules.

"You are expected to race clean and to be respectful to all other racers. We have had some outstanding clean & competitive races so far and it will remain that way.
If you do not take this race seriously then you will be removed."
 
I knew something was up when I asked her about her tires and her drifting everywhere and she answered seriously like that was her intention. Just a wasted spot...
 
I knew something was up when I asked her about her tires and her drifting everywhere and she answered seriously like that was her intention. Just a wasted spot...

I seen that conversation going on. I thought it was odd but I also know she has been very persistent about me allowing tuning but I won't.
So I thought maybe she found a way to make the GTR handle better by running different tires. But as soon as the green flag dropped she just fell to the rear then pulled off to the side of the track.

Honestly it's my fault for not leaving the race and taking care of it right there and then. Like every else I get excited about the race and I had a good run going on and really didn't want to leave it.
But in the end that is my job and I should have taken care of then so I'm to blame too.
I left the very first race we did to address some problems and I should have done it that race also.

It's so hard to do though when the racing is good and your in that zone.
 
Well it's over with now so hopefully you don't have to back out this next race
 
As long as the people who keep singing up are actively looking for clean racing and are willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen. Accidents happen I know that and everyone else knows that.
I was watching GT3 racing last night and real drivers were getting punted off the track. Not on purpose. They would give the spot back and all was good.

It's the same thing I expect here. I know Monza is a sore spot in about every race done on that track in GTS

This short track we are doing next is going to bring some excitement along with it too. Just don't force something that's not there.
I will see many of laps sitting behind the same person waiting for them to make a mistake, tires to wear out or just simply save fuel and get that position on the next pit stop.
 
Well because you didn't race with us for the past two months your name was pulled from the list as the rules state.

Now you can sign back up with the Mustang again as it's still available but you now fall to the bottom of the racers list in the order everyone has signed up.

This now puts you as # 21 on the list and 3 spots out from making the race this August should everyone show up who has not announced they will be missing this race.

I hate having to tell people they might not be able to race but its only fair to the people who have been showing up every week.

The possibility always exists that enough spots will remain open that you can get in as not everyone tells me they will not make it for a race. I will post here on race day if I do or don't have enough spots available for the 3 people waiting to get in this August.

Please Note
If your new and sign up to race then don't show up for that race your name and car will not remain on the list.


If you just don't show up for two months in a row your name and car will be removed from the list. However if you choose to run every other month then your name and car will remain on the list.
 
I will be joining next race !

My problem is only falling asleep in the night. But will let you know on time if I feel I cannot stay awake. Not much more that I can do but it would be good for some players that want to join to check in last minute.
 
I will be joining next race !

My problem is only falling asleep in the night. But will let you know on time if I feel I cannot stay awake. Not much more that I can do but it would be good for some players that want to join to check in last minute.

You make the cut for this month's race.

1.Lamborghini - TheColdWarriors
2.Porsche - RINSKY
3.Mazda - Infineon
4.Viper - racer233
5.Mégane Trophy - Venster
6.Lancer - Cooper2k
7.RCZ - bloodyboyblue
8.Megane - steviea712 - out for Aug
9.Citroen - fastone371
10.BMW - MrRacingline
11.Toyota - DirtenDK
12.Audi - im2fst4u55
13.Corvette - FlyinHawaiian77
14.Vantage - WhiteFlight1
15.Ferrari - Macboyilija
16.Lexus - DesertPenguin
17.Subaru - bigbeefytaco - out for Aug
18.McLaren- Traels666

On the bubble for the next race.
19.Veyron - Sheldonsuckz
20.4C - TetsuKobura
21.Mustang- RoadRageDudez

Available Gr.4 cars
Mercedes
Scirocco
Hyundai
Jaguar
NSX
GTR
 
Last edited:
Is that random grid or expected race results ?

That's the order people signed up for this endurance race since it began. You can only move up that list when others fall off.

I should also say that this part of the rule only applies if a spot is open for you to race.

Rinsky: ↑
Please Note
If your new and sign up to race then don't show up for that race your name and car will not remain on the list.


So if the 3 people waiting to get in are not able to race because there is no available spot open.
I will not pull your name from the list.
Only if and when there is an available spot open and you then do not show will I remove your name if your a new sign up.
 
This race just might be the first time we have had a full lobby of 16 people.
We are slowly growing each month.

I've said this before but if we can get every Gr.4 car taken by someone then we will start running two lobbies on race night.

Not only would your qualifying time set your starting position it would also be the judge of what lobby you race in.

Lobby A would have 16 people
Lobby B would have 11 people

I would then look for fill in driver's to take someone's car who would be missing a race to try and keep those lobby numbers up.

Its just a thought as we continue to grow.
 
I think it would be better to have a qualifying to determine who gets the 16 spots. Or maybe have like the top 10 in points secured and the rest have to qualify?
 
I can't say about what happened the in July race because I wasn't there but, I don't remember tatjana001 doing anything like that in the June race. And I was around her a lot for that race. I don't think she would get like that. I've hosted a lot of races in GT6 that she ran in and I have never had a problem with her. That's why I referred to the first race.
Great now I have to go yell at people.
 
I think it would be better to have a qualifying to determine who gets the 16 spots. Or maybe have like the top 10 in points secured and the rest have to qualify?

Except we don't run a point system so that won't work. And I can only get 16 in the lobby to qualify. Having people leave then others join in to qualify will become very time consuming and will have all my attention on just that. So I would not be available to address any other issues.

I have to reward those who have been with the Series since the beginning and raced every race. So the top 16 drivers on that list will always have first priority. We have had 4 people drop out of that top 16 recently so it does move.

We have not had a full lobby yet since this started with last month being the closest at 14. So we will see how things play out.
 
I think it would be better to have a qualifying to determine who gets the 16 spots. Or maybe have like the top 10 in points secured and the rest have to qualify?
Hmm, I'm a bit on the fence with that idea. On one hand it's certainly an inclusive method of bringing drivers in, giving the drivers who were just too late at seeing this league a chance to participate instantly. But on the other hand, if the league doesn't fill up the rest of the spots we might see the same drivers over and over again because they're consistently faster, giving the others no chance to race at all, even if they were first in registration.

I like the general idea of giving everyone an equal chance at getting into a race, not just quite sure if this is it :(

Edit: RINSKY above explained it better :)
 
I can't say about what happened the in July race because I wasn't there but, I don't remember tatjana001 doing anything like that in the June race. And I was around her a lot for that race. I don't think she would get like that. I've hosted a lot of races in GT6 that she ran in and I have never had a problem with her. That's why I referred to the first race.
Great now I have to go yell at people.

No need to yell at anyone. There are videos up of that race and you will be able to see what I'm referring to in some of them.
Really not sure why she did what she did.
 
As for the to many people. Not enough space problem. I think you should start a confirmation list. Like a week before the next race have Players confirm their entry. Players that have confirmed their entry are guaranteed a spot for the next race.
For players that are not confirmed. The I would say first come first serve on race day.
In the case if more 16 players. Than I would consider running 2 rooms that race.
 
Except we don't run a point system so that won't work. And I can only get 16 in the lobby to qualify. Having people leave then others join in to qualify will become very time consuming and will have all my attention on just that. So I would not be available to address any other issues.

I have to reward those who have been with the Series since the beginning and raced every race. So the top 16 drivers on that list will always have first priority. We have had 4 people drop out of that top 16 recently so it does move.

We have not had a full lobby yet since this started with last month being the closest at 14. So we will see how things play out.
If you want to reward those who race every race then how about the top ten drivers with the most races are locked in and then the rest qualify for the final 6 spots if it comes to having over 16 drivers interested?
 
Back