MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,731 views
Actually in this instance I don’t think the request from @Cold Warrior really necessarily warranted the responses. He asked a question as he clearly wants a friend to still be involved, all that really should have happened here is just wait for @Rinsky to consider his request not sure there was any need for the additional responses. We don’t want to fill this thread up with un-necessary arguments, banter is fun, pictures, videos all good much less interesting to read moans and pointless arguements.

I haven’t seen the replays so can’t comment on this particular subject. But to me the format here should be - 1. Ask a question, 2. Wait for @Rinsky to decide 3. Move on to interesting banter and race specific chat 👍

@bloodyboyblue (sorry for tagging) first happy birthday, but don’t drop out we have great races 👍
 
This is where the con of online chat is versus real life - in real life you can say what you need then have a beer together afterwards

Happy birthday to the guys who have it today
 
The fact that someone finds socializing to be a negative just boggles my mind. Consider my mind thoroughly boggled.
 
Ok first thing I want to get started on is this. If anyone has an issue with someone in our group please don't post it in this thread. You should always send me a private Message to discuss your issues.
I will then handle or address the problem with you.

I will send bloodyboyblue a PM and see if I can't change his mind or help with some of the frustration.

Next I don't think what @Cold Warrior asked warrant the responses he got. He is looking out for his friend and I can respect that so let's touch on this subject.

I can't completely ignore what happened and if had not effected anyone during the race I probably would have let it slide. But that's not what happened.
So here is my only offer to this whole situation. I've already given her spot away for the Aug race and I feel some kinda repercussions should be handed out to anyone who decides not to follow our rules.
With that being said I'm not putting her back into her spot on the list for the August race but I will add her to the list of people wanting to get in this month. If she somehow makes the cut then fine but if not she will be out for the Aug race.

For the September race I will add her back to the exact spot she was on the list before she was removed and she will be guaranteed a spot for the September race.
She has been in every race from the beginning and I think that also deserves recognition.
So that's my final decision on the whole matter. But should she do something like that again instead of just pulling into the pits or exiting the race itself then I will not be so forgiving next time.

You are only responsible for you @Cold Warrior

I'm happy this thread gets a lot of attention but only for the good stuff that's race related. I don't mind the small talk we get going on here sometimes but all this fighting has to stop over things that can easily be handled privately. I'm just as guilty.

If anyone has an issue with any of my decision then PM me but please stop attacking each other over stupid stuff.

If I ever catch anyone wrecking people on purpose there will be no second chances. If that's the kind of racing your looking for the go to Sport Mode and get your fill of it.
 
Last edited:
Sounds like the perfect resolution 👍:cheers:

Just had a very disappointing fia race so I might do a lobby in a bit if anyone fancies a few laps
 
Sounds like the perfect resolution 👍:cheers:

Just had a very disappointing fia race so I might do a lobby in a bit if anyone fancies a few laps

I'm not home or I would. Good thing not every race counts in the FIA so hopefully it won't hurt you.
 
I'm sorry for the mess. I have learned not post somethings on here and I will use PSN.

Thank you for reconsidering and for the back up. I won't defend her anymore if does it again.

What about allowing her to change cars?
Ok first thing I want to get started on is this. If anyone has an issue with someone in our group please don't post it in this thread. You should always send me a private Message to discuss your issues.
I will then handle or address the problem with you.

I will send bloodyboyblue a PM and see if I can't change his mind or help with some of the frustration.

Next I don't think what @Cold Warrior asked warrant the responses he got. He is looking out for his friend and I can respect that so let's touch on this subject.

I can't completely ignore what happened and if had not effected anyone during the race I probably would have let it slide. But that's not what happened.
So here is my only offer to this whole situation. I've already given her spot away for the Aug race and I feel some kinda repercussions should be handed out to anyone who decides not to follow our rules.
With that being said I'm not putting her back into her spot on the list for the August race but I will add her to the list of people wanting to get in this month. If she somehow makes the cut then fine but if not she will be out for the Aug race.

For the September race I will add her back to the exact spot she was on the list before she was removed and she will be guaranteed a spot for the September race.
She has been in every race from the beginning and I think that also deserves recognition.
So that's my final decision on the whole matter. But should she do something like that again instead of just pulling into the pits or exiting the race itself then I will not be so forgiving next time.

You are only responsible for you @Cold Warrior

I'm happy this thread gets a lot of attention but only for the good stuff that's race related. I don't mind the small talk we get going on here sometimes but all this fighting has to stop over things that can easily be handled privately. I'm just as guilty.

If anyone has an issue with any of my decision then PM me but please stop attacking each other over stupid stuff.

If I ever catch anyone wrecking people on purpose there will be no second chances. If that's the kind of racing your looking for the go to Sport Mode and get your fill of it.
 
I'm sorry for the mess. I have learned not post somethings on here and I will use PSN.

Thank you for reconsidering and for the back up. I won't defend her anymore if does it again.

What about allowing her to change cars?

This is the list of
Available Gr.4 cars
Mercedes
Scirocco
Hyundai
Jaguar
NSX
GTR
 
Okay she wants test and see what she likes first.
 
Unfortunately this was only the second race I could actually enter so does ruin things! Wheel malfunction mid race probably lost 700 points because of it!

Anyway I ran few laps with tyre and fuel settings tonight with the following results if anyone needs a reference

RH - 57.1 was after a fair few laps though but low fuel so probably about right, constant 37s though

RM - 56.6 only a few laps on these low 37s I’d say in race

RS - 55.9 again only a few laps, quick but probably not durable for the race, flat out strategy but not fuel saving
 
Unfortunately this was only the second race I could actually enter so does ruin things! Wheel malfunction mid race probably lost 700 points because of it!

Anyway I ran few laps with tyre and fuel settings tonight with the following results if anyone needs a reference

RH - 57.1 was after a fair few laps though but low fuel so probably about right, constant 37s though

RM - 56.6 only a few laps on these low 37s I’d say in race

RS - 55.9 again only a few laps, quick but probably not durable for the race, flat out strategy but not fuel saving

Sweet.
I can barely match the 57 on RH, a 56 on RM no problem and I haven't tried RS yet but a 55 is going to be difficult for me as you only get a few laps on RS to achieve that time.

Going to be a great race because everyone will be running very closely the same times.

I can constantly run 58's on RH using FM2 or FM3
 
Unfortunately this was only the second race I could actually enter so does ruin things! Wheel malfunction mid race probably lost 700 points because of it!

Anyway I ran few laps with tyre and fuel settings tonight with the following results if anyone needs a reference

RH - 57.1 was after a fair few laps though but low fuel so probably about right, constant 37s though

RM - 56.6 only a few laps on these low 37s I’d say in race

RS - 55.9 again only a few laps, quick but probably not durable for the race, flat out strategy but not fuel saving
I should note you're running the Megane Trophey. They haven't adjusted BOP on that car yet. Except for tracks where top speed is important like Monza or Sarthe. The Megane Trophy is the best car in Gr.4 at the moment.
 
I should remind people that there will be a update next week before the race. Along with new cars. Some of these Gr.4 cars may get BOP adjustments. That could change up things.
 
On another note. For those of you who are doing the FIA races. Does anyone besides me find the FIA trophy creepy? And is the a chicken bone type to the head?
 
I should remind people that there will be a update next week before the race. Along with new cars. Some of these Gr.4 cars may get BOP adjustments. That could change up things.

Yes and I'm worried they will do another BOP adjustment right before our race too. Won't be the first time.

On another note. For those of you who are doing the FIA races. Does anyone besides me find the FIA trophy creepy? And is the a chicken bone type to the head?

You know I've never paid any attention to it really. I'm always doing other things in getting myself prepare to race that I don't really sit and watch all that intro stuff.
 
I should note you're running the Megane Trophey. They haven't adjusted BOP on that car yet. Except for tracks where top speed is important like Monza or Sarthe. The Megane Trophy is the best car in Gr.4 at the moment.

Yeah it is, but at short track like this the advantage is not so big. 4wd in particular is good here the lancer can match it, I might try a few laps with a lancer and maybe the cayman for reference sake.

I should remind people that there will be a update next week before the race. Along with new cars. Some of these Gr.4 cars may get BOP adjustments. That could
change up things.

Yeah, the Mégane is due a nerf but I’ve got a feeling it won’t come till after the fia rounds are done, maybe wrong though.

On another note. For those of you who are doing the FIA races. Does anyone besides me find the FIA trophy creepy? And is the a chicken bone type to the head?

Yes I do it’s weird looking not sure what it is!

Le Sarthe practice tonight then some Tsukuba I think later so if anyone is about I might have a lobby up
 
Hello. I've been keeping my eyes on this thread and would be interested in being added to the waiting list.
I like the vibe I get from what i have read in that many seem to be dedicated to their racecraft, yet casual in spirit.
I've been around here for a while and participated in many of the endurance events on GT Planet; Having recently picked back up GTSport, I am a bit rusty, but interested in finding a group to run the occasional Endurance race with. (I don't find much time these days with family, work and such)

I know very little about the endurance aspect of GTSport in practice (fuel mapping and tire wear), but i am looking forward to learning.
Since i have barely driven the Group 4 cars, i have no idea which of the remaining vehicles I may be interested in, but i will run a few laps in a couple of them to see how they feel and give you my preference soon Rinsky.

I would be honored to be added to the list and look forward to racing with everyone in the future; It is very exciting to see you may have a full room for the next race as that bodes well for the future and interest in the group.
Take it easy,
-Anton
 
Okay a had a few spare minutes to run a couple reference laps with other cars, two things to note

1. This was done in time trial so no tyre wear but constant full tank but probably still marginally quicker

2. Done using my DS4 that I’ve not really used in sometime (bit rusty) since getting a wheel so hopefully negates some of the first point!

Mitsubishi Lancer - 56.8
Mazda Atenza- 56.8

Both more time in them though, optimums were lower than posted times, so other cars in the mix here as well!

Really fun track to hot lap, will use the wheel later may try a few other cars too!
 
Hello. I've been keeping my eyes on this thread and would be interested in being added to the waiting list.
I like the vibe I get from what i have read in that many seem to be dedicated to their racecraft, yet casual in spirit.
I've been around here for a while and participated in many of the endurance events on GT Planet; Having recently picked back up GTSport, I am a bit rusty, but interested in finding a group to run the occasional Endurance race with. (I don't find much time these days with family, work and such)

I know very little about the endurance aspect of GTSport in practice (fuel mapping and tire wear), but i am looking forward to learning.
Since i have barely driven the Group 4 cars, i have no idea which of the remaining vehicles I may be interested in, but i will run a few laps in a couple of them to see how they feel and give you my preference soon Rinsky.

I would be honored to be added to the list and look forward to racing with everyone in the future; It is very exciting to see you may have a full room for the next race as that bodes well for the future and interest in the group.
Take it easy,
-Anton

It will great to have you and hopefully we can get you in soon. Just let me know what Available car you would like and I will add you to the list.
 
Please don't give away the GT-R until tatjana001 makes her decision.
 
It will great to have you and hopefully we can get you in soon. Just let me know what Available car you would like and I will add you to the list.
Let's reserve the NSX.

thank you.
 
Well tried on the wheel Mitsubishi and Mazda times came down to a 56.6 but a low 56 is possible.

Tried the cayman, it is a great drive round here, so so smooth it loves the last corner, but still lacks some power I think got a 56.9 with it, optimum was a couple tenths quicker but couldn’t get it, probably have good race pace though.
 
I like the vibe I get from what i have read in that many seem to be dedicated to their racecraft, yet casual in spirit.
Wonderful said Anton ! Thats exactly how I feel and my reason to join (just in time).
 
I am able to do a 57,7 with RH full tank. Lapping 58 low would be ideal. So am curious how the others will do.

k7fs58WD.jpeg
 
Gathering all the information done on RH testing so far it seems hot lapping 57's are possible but not ideal in the race.
58's seems to be the normal pace without traffic and 1 minute lap times are the normal in traffic

58's on RH can be achieve on FM1, FM2, FM3 & maybe FM4 but that's pushing it.

23 to 26 laps seem to be the range that lap times start to fall off on RH.

55's is the best qualifying times posted so far on RS.

That's all the Information I've gathered so far.
 
Than I am quite happy and will not be doing any practice. Should be competitive enough with 58.

Thanks for your input !

Now need to find something to do to stay awake. Typical for me is also to be ready this saturday all by myself middle of the night and then finding out I am a week to early ....
 
Just remember each car is different and the line used to get them rotated through the corners will vary.
 
Back