MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
Race Recap from my perspective.

What an interesting start, I know the game has it's bugs but this was a new one. With the lobby set on rolling start and once the race was started it locked everyone into auto drive. We restarted the race twice under that setting and it wasn't going to let us out of auto drive. Once I switched the lobby over to Grid Start the race went off without a problem.

@Venster got the pole but had a slow standing start and dropped back to my position 5th and for the next 11 laps @Venster @im2fst4u55 @DesertPenguin and myself really had a great battle going on swapping positions every few laps and running so close to each other you couldn't put a sheet of paper between our cars at time.

After the first Round of pit/tire/fuel the field got more spread out and I found myself all alone in 4th with the top 3 more than 10 seconds ahead and I wasn't gaining any ground.

@micantony made a pitstop and I was able to go by and move into 3rd. He came out about 7 seconds behind me and quickly started to take about a second a lap off that gap. For the next 20 laps I was giving my Porsche all it had to keep him behind me. He got within just a little over a second behind me then his tires slowly fell off and I was able to extend my gap by around 3 seconds.

With over half the race gone @Venster decided he was tired of playing around and started making up ground fast it didn't take him long to get 3rd away from me and really put some distance between us over 15 seconds.

With 5 laps remaining I see @WhiteFlight1 enter the pits giving up 2nd. I knew it was going to be a short stop but I got by him during his stop and moved to 3rd again.
I was hoping that @micantony would get by him too as he was still close behind me but that didn't happen and within 2 laps @WhiteFlight1 grabbed 3rd back away from me. I was on worn out tires trying to keep @micantony behind me so I had nothing for him and couldn't fight to keep 3rd.

I crossed the line in 4th with no penalties and I ran a very consistent race and that's suprising with this new tire model. I did learn a lot about my car and the tires this race.

@Venster grabbed 2nd and @Sheldonsuckz had a very commanding lead all race in that Veyron and took home the win.

Congratulations to @Sheldonsuckz and thanks to everyone for showing up to race. I really enjoyed it.

PS_Messages_20180901_220804.jpg

We are seeing some large changes in our club after the September 1st race.

Starting with the Members. 7 people dropped off the list and their cars have now become available. If you are not happy with your car and want to change it to an available one then now is the time to do so.
There is a healthy dose of good cars waiting to be chosen.
If you are new and have been waiting to join our race once better car became available now is your opportunity.

Members & Car List for August

1.Lamborghini - Cold Warrior
2.Porsche - RINSKY
3.Mazda - Infineon
4.Viper - racer233
5.Mégane Trophy - Venster
6.Citroen - fastone371
7.Corvette - MrRacingline
8.Audi - im2fst4u55
9.Vantage - WhiteFlight1
10.Ferrari - Macboyilija
11.Lexus - DesertPenguin
12.Veyron - Sheldonsuckz
13.NSX - micantony
14.Hyundai - Clean Racer
15.GTR - luke norris

Available Gr.4 cars
Scirocco
BMW
RCZ
Megane
Lancer
Subaru
4C
Mercedes
Jaguar
Mustang
McLaren
Toyota

Please Remember

If your new and sign up to race then don't show up for that race your name and car will not remain on the list.

If you just don't show up for two months in a row your name and car will be removed from the list. However if you choose to run every other month then your name and car will remain on the list.

Lobby Setting Changes

1. We will be going to a Grid Start for the remainder of our races. For all those who attended the Sept 1st race you know exactly why.

2. Damage will now be set to light and not heavy so it doesn't completely ruin someone's race on these long tracks.

3. We will be going to a two compound tire for the remainder of our season.
We will see if this helps in keeping the field closer together by eliminating the large gap in lap times from 3 different compounds and tire Settings.

It always seems after the first Round of stops is when the field gets really spread out.
Tire wear Settings will be done on RM and tire compound choices will be RH & RM

Any questions or concerns about the rule changes please let me know.

Last edited:
How many times did you guys stop? I went 28 minutes on my first fuel load and RH but I cant seem to go faster than 2.24-2.25. At my first stop I took RH again and switched between fuel mode 2 and 3 and was running 2.26-2.27. Made it to 30 minutes left and stopped 1 last time for 2 stops, RH again, fuel mode 3 till end. I thought it looked like everyone was going to make an extra stop, I guess it didnt work out like I thought. I need to find some speed at that track. Yesterday was my first look at that track now that my wheel is back.

Were you guys all on RM??

Last edited:
I made 3 stops. Started the race on RM rear & RH front then kept RM on for the remainder of the race.

2:21 & 2:22 were my lap times but I would dip down into the 2:23 or 2:24 on worn out tires.

FM1 the entire race until about the last 8 laps then I switched to FM2 and finished the race with the fuel light flashing.

How many times did you guys stop? I went 28 minutes on my first fuel load and RH but I cant seem to go faster than 2.24-2.25. At my first stop I took RH again and switched between fuel mode 2 and 3 and was running 2.26-2.27. Made it to 30 minutes left and stopped 1 last time for 2 stops, RH again, fuel mode 3 till end. I thought it looked like everyone was going to make an extra stop, I guess it didnt work out like I thought. I need to find some speed at that track. Yesterday was my first look at that track now that my wheel is back.

Were you guys all on RM??
I was running RH the entire time. This new rule change will be interesting as using RM will put the 4WD cars at a huge disadvantage due to tire life . For example I could only make my RH last 12 laps while others were able to make their RM last longer than that.

I was running RH the entire time. This new rule change will be interesting as using RM will put the 4WD cars at a huge disadvantage due to tire life . For example I could only make my RH last 12 laps while others were able to make their RM last longer than that.

If it looks like it will put people at a disadvantage instead of helping then we will have two compound choices.
I definitely don't want the change to not help.
I could only get 10 laps out of RM.

OK, that answers it. I think I only ran a 2.23 on RS in qualy, I'm fast like molasses on a cold winter day.

Hey Rinsky, did you get your wheel?

OK, that answers it. I think I only ran a 2.23 on RS in qualy, I'm fast like molasses on a cold winter day.

I only did 2:21 laps in qualifying on RS and was did 2:21 in the race on RM. Most of all my laps were 2:22.

No wheel yet.

Last edited:
I calculated i would be a little faster with a strategy of:
8 laps RS
11 laps RH
8 laps RS
11 laps RS (i expected 38 laps; but wanted RH at end just in case it went one more lap than my stats showed)

In the NSX i couldnt do 13 lap stints unless i turned down the fuel, so it created a strategy intrigue. Pit stop delta’s filling fuel 100% and time lost on RH did not make up for one less stop in my calculation (13 RH, 13 RH, 12 RH on fuel map 2).
I honestly didnt know we were allowed to mix compounds, ive never heard of a series doing that, so that is something to try next time in my preparation.

It actually was looking pretty good when i decided to start on RS as everyone else was on RH it seemed and we went to the grid start. I shot off the line with all that grip :dopey: Had an bump turn 1, thought i left plenty of room and i havent reviewed the replay, so I may not have, but it felt like whomever was on my inside just drove across into me on the outside.
I couldnt decide if the fault was mine in that moment, so I just kept going.
Anyway, on the softs i was able to pull out a gap for a few laps, but of course the tires go after about 4 laps and then everyone started reeling me in as expected.
Sorry to those who caught and passed me as i didnt have much grip to fight with. Its always fun to battle more door to door in these enduro’s when given the chance.
I think my overall strategy might have gotten me to a podium looking at the results; unfortuntely, i had a huge crash on my out lap after the second pit stop i think it was; I simply ran into the wall on the left hander after the bridge. All by myself. I just lost focus and slam. Limped back to the pits and had to redo my strategy on the fly with the extra stop and loads of lost time that threw me into the throws of RINSKY. So i ended up with a 4 stopper, RS, RH, RS (1 lap), RS, RS.
I tried really hard to pressure RInSKy on my RS’s, but he held tough with no mistakes i could see. There was a big gap behind, so i could play it risky if i wanted.
When whiteflight pitted late, i did get a little excited it might be closer at the end but my tires were gone by then anyway and i never even saw he and RINSKY. Maybe next time i’ll catch you RINSKY :cheers:
I thought about pitting to shoot for fast lap, LoL, but figured it wiser to stay close in case RInSKY ran out of fuel or something. Not to be. Well done to all.
I had my fastest lap in qualifying, so that was a positive.

Overall, i enjoyed the race thoroughly. I didnt have the pace to keep with the top 2 at all over 38 laps :bowdown:; It was loads of fun trying to chase down Rinsky though after my crash. Well done everyone.
Sorry whomever had contact with me turn 1 if i affected your race at all. Will have to view the replay and learn from it.
Anyway, that’s the race from my point of view. 👍

At first iIwas short shifting to make fuel last 30 minutes but tires were giving up too much time at the end so I pushed hard and messed up. Got some damage from the Audi slipping up on the last turn (he did too) so we put. I took a splash of fuel and tires so I'd be set 'til the end and then I got disconnected with 15 minutes left. Good thing since I think i miscalculated and was gonna run out a lap or two early

I honestly didnt know we were allowed to mix compounds, ive never heard of a series doing that, so that is something to try next time in my preparation.

You can only do it at the start of the race but as soon as you pit it makes you change to the same compound on both.

We did have a good race together. This is No Joke you really had me sweating and I had to keep wiping off my forehead. I could really feel the pressure because if I slipped up once you were there to take advantage of it.:cheers:

Oh my fuel light was blinking red at the end so I was very close to running out.

To add: i did get to battle with Desertpenguin for a lap. Me on fresh tires, he on worn tires, so i had the advantage. He fought tough though and held me off wisely positioning his car well. Then he dove into the pits just after that fun 1/2 lap.

It was a shame to see him disconnect later on :banghead:
Hate that.

Damnit, I got disconnected but it showed that everyone else did so I assumed the race was over. You guys made it to the end? I was seeing 2fast4u lag jump all race. That might have had something to do with it. Weird that it still showed me in 12th place like that. Damnit, all that time spent and then I get D/C'd...
Haha, you were lagging on my side, and no one else was. Your last lag went really crazy and then you were gone.
I was really enjoying the race with you too! I wanted to see who'd come out on top.

What a fantastic race!! Very eventful for me at least!

Not sure what happened on the start, not sure if was me the car or tyres but got a terrible start. And from there it setup the next few laps. Let’s party was lagging lots so couldn’t get to close and I just wasn’t on it at all, had a good battle with @Rinsky, running two wide through the fast corners was great! Our battling was losing us both time to the leaders, he got through and I dropped back further with @im2fst4u where we had a great battle too, unfortunately though we were running 2 wide through the esses, and I bumped him out wide onto the grass. At first didn’t seem too bad but I looked back and he had lost a lot of time so I pulled over and let him back through. Gathered myself and then to round off a bad first stint I span out after the fast esses!! Just going bad to worse at this point I was now 50 seconds behind!!!

At this point I didn’t know what to do, fuel save go fast? I caught back up to @DesertPenguin and @im2fst4u, I’d found out earlier traffic was not the Trophy’s friend, I couldn’t pass, the trophy had no straight line speed. If I passed on a corner I’d get overtaken on the next straight and if I waited for the straight it just wasn’t fast enough. So decided to pit earlier and get some mediums.

And from this point decided all out from here see what happens! Basically did an hour of hot laps!. Much better on the mediums and I could see the times dropping, jumped @im2fst4u in the pits and caught @Rinsky, I’m not sure if he let me past or not but from that point just pull as much gap as possible.

Pitted for some mediums again and hoping I had enough gap to @Rinsky, that luckily I did. Managed to jump the nsx at some point, and now time to catch @WhiteFlight1, I was within a few seconds but I had to stop once more for an all out softs run. Managed to close the gap and unfortunately he made a mistake on the bridge and I got 2nd. @Sheldonsuckz was just to far to make up that gap. So ended up second.

Well done to @Sheldonsuckz, great race and to everyone else. Great race throughout everyone had good pace and I was happy to grab FL.

What an awesome race!!!!!

What a fantastic race!! Very eventful for me at least!

Not sure what happened on the start, not sure if was me the car or tyres but got a terrible start. And from there it setup the next few laps. Let’s party was lagging lots so couldn’t get to close and I just wasn’t on it at all, had a good battle with @Rinsky, running two wide through the fast corners was great! Our battling was losing us both time to the leaders, he got through and I dropped back further with @im2fst4u where we had a great battle too, unfortunately though we were running 2 wide through the esses, and I bumped him out wide onto the grass. At first didn’t seem too bad but I looked back and he had lost a lot of time so I pulled over and let him back through. Gathered myself and then to round off a bad first stint I span out after the fast esses!! Just going bad to worse at this point I was now 50 seconds behind!!!

At this point I didn’t know what to do, fuel save go fast? I caught back up to @DesertPenguin and @im2fst4u, I’d found out earlier traffic was not the Trophy’s friend, I couldn’t pass, the trophy had no straight line speed. If I passed on a corner I’d get overtaken on the next straight and if I waited for the straight it just wasn’t fast enough. So decided to pit earlier and get some mediums.

And from this point decided all out from here see what happens! Basically did an hour of hot laps!. Much better on the mediums and I could see the times dropping, jumped @im2fst4u in the pits and caught @Rinsky, I’m not sure if he let me past or not but from that point just pull as much gap as possible.

Pitted for some mediums again and hoping I had enough gap to @Rinsky, that luckily I did. Managed to jump the nsx at some point, and now time to catch @WhiteFlight1, I was within a few seconds but I had to stop once more for an all out softs run. Managed to close the gap and unfortunately he made a mistake on the bridge and I got 2nd. @Sheldonsuckz was just to far to make up that gap. So ended up second.

Well done to @Sheldonsuckz, great race and to everyone else. Great race throughout everyone had good pace and I was happy to grab FL.

What an awesome race!!!!!

At the point you caught back up to me I had already used up a good amount of my tires fighting off @micantony who was still behind me. You were flying and making up 2 seconds a lap.
As you got on my back bumper down the front stretch I just let off the throttle for a second and let you by. I wasn't going to hold you off and I didn't want to lose time to @micantony so I definitely didn't put up a fight that would have worked against me.

I came off to a good start, minor contact with @micantony at T1. I understeered but I tried my best to avoid hitting him. I really thought a two stop RH would be a sound strategy but after a while I realized I was never going to catch up with Antbuster in his Veyron. I expected he would lose time going for more than two stops but he was flying.

During what I intended to be my last stint I somehow misjudged the bridge by some centimeters and smashed up my car. A shame cause it was shaping up to be a tight fight for 2nd with @Venster. Had to pit to fix the car and with about 5 laps to go it had to be RS. Luckily i managed to overtake @Rinsky towards the end to claim 3rd.

The track grew on me this weekend, I eventually ran consistent and only one big error last night lol.

I will most likely be changing cars. The Lexus has trouble with hard braking down into 2nd gear and was more prevalent than ever last night. I'll come up with something before the next race.

At the point you caught back up to me I had already used up a good amount of my tires fighting off @micantony who was still behind me. You were flying and making up 2 seconds a lap.
As you got on my back bumper down the front stretch I just let off the throttle for a second and let you by. I wasn't going to hold you off and I didn't want to lose time to @micantony so I definitely didn't put up a fight that would have worked against me.

I thought that was the case, thanks for that. I really enjoyed the battle earlier but was kinda hoping you were going to let me through. I really needed clear track at that point, was hoping though I might bring you along with me after I went past.

I came off to a good start, minor contact with @micantony at T1. I understeered but I tried my best to avoid hitting him. I really thought a two stop RH would be a sound strategy but after a while I realized I was never going to catch up with Antbuster in his Veyron. I expected he would lose time going for more than two stops but he was flying.

During what I intended to be my last stint I somehow misjudged the bridge by some centimeters and smashed up my car. A shame cause it was shaping up to be a tight fight for 2nd with @Venster. Had to pit to fix the car and with about 5 laps to go it had to be RS. Luckily i managed to overtake @Rinsky towards the end to claim 3rd.

The track grew on me this weekend, I eventually ran consistent and only one big error last night lol.

Yeah was a shame you crashed there, wouldn’t of got past you easily that’s for sure! The track grew on me too, still prefer the standard direction but enjoyed it.

My mistake was not running any tyre wear practice, did some laps in TT to try and learn the track but only practice I ran with the lobby settings was in @fastone371 lobby just before the race.

I thought that was the case, thanks for that. I really enjoyed the battle earlier but was kinda hoping you were going to let me through. I really needed clear track at that point, was hoping though I might bring you along with me after I went past.

Now I just need to get back in touch with Fanatec and find out why my wheel still has issues

Yeah was a shame you crashed there, wouldn’t of got past you easily that’s for sure! The track grew on me too, still prefer the standard direction but enjoyed it.

My mistake was not running any tyre wear practice, did some laps in TT to try and learn the track but only practice I ran with the lobby settings was in @fastone371 lobby just before the race.

That was all the time I had to become familiar with this track unfortunately, that's why I had cones and markers on in my lobby. I tried to follow you a little in my lobby but I left too big of a gap and couldn't really see your braking points and line well. I was able to run the entire race without incident but I suppose that's not very hard going slow. My other mistake was not learning tire strategy, I think I would have been fine on RM instead of RH for an entire fuel run.

Knowing that I won't attend the Big Willow race I need to pick a car that's good at the short twisty of Gardens AND the long power straights of La Sarthe. That's gonna eliminate the 4C and 86GT unfortunately :(

@Rinsky do you plan on continuing this through 2019? We (as a collective group) can refine it and the way it's going probably get near full rooms every time.

Knowing that I won't attend the Big Willow race I need to pick a car that's good at the short twisty of Gardens AND the long power straights of La Sarthe. That's gonna eliminate the 4C and 86GT unfortunately :(

@Rinsky do you plan on continuing this through 2019? We (as a collective group) can refine it and the way it's going probably get near full rooms every time.

If we keep getting the turnouts like we have been I see no signs of slowing down. So yes I plan on running a full 2019 schedule.

I want to open this up to the group but if anyone is free on Tuesday's I will be hosting Car of the Week. Which is a weekly competition of testing cars and to determined which car is a beater or a sleeper. The races begin at 10pm CST and go for about 2hrs or so. Hope to see some of you tomorrow if you can make it.

Hey folks! Sorry for just going away for so long, but i'd love to reclaim the 86 and sign up for the october-race! I've had some other things going on, so GTS has been on pause for a couple of months. Now i'm back, looking forward to racing with this great pack once again :)

@Rinsky
Can I switch to the McLaren? I want to give that a shot for the rest of the season.

McLaren is now yours.

Hey folks! Sorry for just going away for so long, but i'd love to reclaim the 86 and sign up for the october-race! I've had some other things going on, so GTS has been on pause for a couple of months. Now i'm back, looking forward to racing with this great pack once again :)

Welcome back.
You and the Toyota are back on the list.

Latest Posts

Back