MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,973 views
My livery for the Hyundai:

Hyundai Genesis GT4 (3).jpg


Hyundai Genesis GT4 (4).jpg
 
I'll be opening a practice lobby for at least an hour starting at 7:30 p.m. E.S.T. for the Barcelona race. The lobby is titled "GT Planet Series Gr. 4 Enduro Practice Full Stints/No Race" and all participants are welcome. Search the lobby name or search for Q-Tip8329Wags. If you see a green Viper, you're in the right place! Hope to see some of you in game.

EDIT: LOBBY NOW CLOSED! I may open again later tonight and I will post if I do. Thanks to MrRacingline for stopping by in his Lamborghini and running a 1:52:6 which pushed me to run a 1:52:8.
 
Last edited:
Sorry I was away for awhile. The Family, Holidays plus traveling kept me disconnected for about a week. But I'm back home and Ready for this Saturday. I hope everyone had an excellent Christmas and New Year.

I will now catch up on the thread and answer any questions.
 
Hi guys! i'd like to signup with the McLaren if that's possible.. i raced a single horrible race in it last season, but would like to join in on the fun again :)

I’ll like to join
I’ll drive the mazda atenza

I'd like to join if possible :)
I'll drive the Subaru.
PSN ID: TheRaceReviewer

Ok, I'll just wait for the updated available car list but my favourites are all gone... that's a bummer.
Edit: after some reading I think the Alfa Romeo 4C is still available. I'll take that one.

If I could i would like to join the next Endurance race, car of choice would be the Mitsubishi :cheers:

PSN: Hirnsauger69



Edit: Changed car

Ok everyone got the available Gr.4 cars they requested cars and all names have been added to the list.

I was really surprised to have this many people signup in a short amount of time. Before you 5 signed up the list already had 17 people on it with only one person confirmed to be out for this race so that makes it a full lobby before everyone new just signed up.

So here is what I can say. Every month we have a full lobby of 16 signed up but we normally end up with 13 people on race day.
So it's my best guess due to past races that only 2 or 3 stand a chance of getting in the lobby for this Saturday's race.

You are added to the list in the order you signed up.

Member/Car list

1. Infineon - Mégane Trophy
2. Bloodyboyblue - Lexus
3. racer233 - NSX
4. Venster - Toyota
5. Docbrown40 - GT-R - Out for Jan
6. RINSKY - Porsche
7. micantony - Audi
8. WhiteFlight1 - Ferrari
9. MrRacingline - Lamborghini
10. fastone371 - Aston Martin
11. Standard_FV - Hyundai
12. Cold Warrior - Corvette
13. DirtenDK - BMW M4
14. Sheldonsuckz - Veyron
15. Clean Racer - Mercedes
16. Desertpenguin - Mustang
17. Q-Tip8329Wags - Viper
18. Traels - McLaren
19. RBZ_SouTh - Mazda
20. thracerviewr - Subaru
21. Schmiggz - Alfa Romeo
22. hirnsauger69 - Mitsubishi

So spots 18. 19. 20. Will stand the best chances of making cut but its definitely no guarantee.
I will send out friend invites to everyone and then all I can do is wait until Saturday to see how many spots I will have available if any. Then send out a Message to those who will make the race about 20 or 30 minutes before the race starts once I know for sure if any spots come available. Unless I have other people give me advance notice they will miss this Saturday.

Welcome everyone and I hope for those of you that don't get in this Saturday you will still stay around for future races.
 
Oh, so I'm in the "only a miracle" list, therefore just write me off.
Thanks for the opportunity and enjoy your races.
 
Oh, so I'm in the "only a miracle" list, therefore just write me off.
Thanks for the opportunity and enjoy your races.

From what I've seen in this series is that when it comes to race day there are some positions open as not everyone tell @Rinsky in advance that they are not going to be there. You have a pretty high chance of joining but it all comes down to who doesn't show up.
 
Oh, so I'm in the "only a miracle" list, therefore just write me off.
Thanks for the opportunity and enjoy your races.

Really? You singed up for a race you could clearly see was full and nowhere was it posted I had spots available.
If you read the main page at all it clearly says availability is on a first come first serve basis and your #21 on that list out of an available 16 spots. Most of the people in spots 1 thru 16 have been running in this Series for a year and 17 thru 22 are new signups just for this race.
I fill spots as needed for each race when people are absent but unless you reach #16 on that list you will never be guaranteed a spot. People do move up the list throughout the year but 12 people out of the 16 available spots will be in this race for the entire year so getting in doesn't happen overnight.

I simply don't know one person on here who runs a league or series who would allow someone new to leapfrog current members who have been loyally running in their races.

Sorry your upset or you somehow feel you have been written off but for now the game only allows 16 people in a lobby and unless PD changes that then it's impossible for me to have 20+ people in the race.
The first post on the main page (#1) explains the rules of this Series and how everything works.

Since there are 20+ people, could we do two lobbies that way no one gets left out?

This series cannot support two lobbies. Even in a rare case like this where I get an overflow of people wanting to race when it comes to race day you would be lucky to have 3 people in the second lobby.
We ran all of last year with at least one or more spots open in every event.

It's unfortunate some people will not be able to participate in Saturday's race but the amount of work and time it will take me to setup and run two lobbies is not worth the trouble for something that won't last.
3 or 4 people are not going to have fun racing against each other for 1.5 hours in a second lobby and I definitely know the long time members of this series would be very upset if I tried to split members list evenly into two lobbies forcing some of them out of the main race and making both lobbies have a low member count.

There are also not enough individual Gr.4 cars to support two full lobbies.
 
Mayhe now that this is getting bigger you can allow 2 people per car and use two rooms. Two groups of 10 is still a decently sized grid. Maybe bring in someone to help co-manage it
 
From what I've seen in this series is that when it comes to race day there are some positions open as not everyone tell @Rinsky in advance that they are not going to be there. You have a pretty high chance of joining but it all comes down to who doesn't show up.

That's just how Rinsky words things. It's not that unlikely that you'll get in

They are both right as I simply can't tell you how many people will actually show up to race Saturday. There is a chance that everyone new who signed up will get in to race Saturday and there is a chance none of them will.
I just won't know 100% until race time.
 
Mayhe now that this is getting bigger you can allow 2 people per car and use two rooms. Two groups of 10 is still a decently sized grid. Maybe bring in someone to help co-manage it

That idea has been floated around with before but was decided against by the membership awhile back.
Most everyone likes the idea of everyone having to run a different Gr.4 car where almost every month a different person as the dominant for that track.

I'm very grateful that so many people are wanting to run in this series and it truly sucks to tell people I don't have room. But if they are patient and willing to wait for a spot to open up for them they will eventually get in and its well worth the wait.
I've been in this spot before when I had 25 people signed up for a race and we still didn't start the race with a full lobby so I'm not going to start changing this series or rules until I see people showing up like this every month. Only then we all will discuss on how everyone would like to proceed.
 
What about opening this up to be bi-weekly? That way if you can't make the first January race there's always the second one.
 
Really? You singed up for a race you could clearly see was full and nowhere was it posted I had spots available.
If you read the main page at all it clearly says availability is on a first come first serve basis and your #21 on that list out of an available 16 spots. Most of the people in spots 1 thru 16 have been running in this Series for a year and 17 thru 22 are new signups just for this race.
I fill spots as needed for each race when people are absent but unless you reach #16 on that list you will never be guaranteed a spot. People do move up the list throughout the year but 12 people out of the 16 available spots will be in this race for the entire year so getting in doesn't happen overnight.

I simply don't know one person on here who runs a league or series who would allow someone new to leapfrog current members who have been loyally running in their races.

Sorry your upset or you somehow feel you have been written off but for now the game only allows 16 people in a lobby and unless PD changes that then it's impossible for me to have 20+ people in the race.
The first post on the main page (#1) explains the rules of this Series and how everything works.



This series cannot support two lobbies. Even in a rare case like this where I get an overflow of people wanting to race when it comes to race day you would be lucky to have 3 people in the second lobby.
We ran all of last year with at least one or more spots open in every event.

It's unfortunate some people will not be able to participate in Saturday's race but the amount of work and time it will take me to setup and run two lobbies is not worth the trouble for something that won't last.
3 or 4 people are not going to have fun racing against each other for 1.5 hours in a second lobby and I definitely know the long time members of this series would be very upset if I tried to split members list evenly into two lobbies forcing some of them out of the main race and making both lobbies have a low member count.

There are also not enough individual Gr.4 cars to support two full lobbies.

A very thorough explanation of what is explained at the thread opener:cheers:
 
@Rinsky, my friend, there's absolutely no problem about it. Those are the facts, I signed up a little too late and well, life goes on.:)
I just don't want waste time practicing and plan a strategy for nothing.
Maybe you can plan a second room if your series get enough popularity.
Cheers.
 
I understand completely about not wanting to run two rooms by yourself and the series regulars not wanting to be split from each other. However, in the future, if anything changes, I would happily host the second lobby with the late entries and would be willing to back out and enforce race rules according to whatever guidelines given. There are 27 Group 4 cars which could make a full lobby of series regulars and the other 11 cars could be put in the second lobby. I know it's currently not ideal as not everyone shows up but if the series takes off like crazy with much more than 27 people trying to sign up, I would gladly do my part to help out.
 
@Rinsky, my friend, there's absolutely no problem about it. Those are the facts, I signed up a little too late and well, life goes on.:)
I just don't want waste time practicing and plan a strategy for nothing.
Maybe you can plan a second room if your series get enough popularity.
Cheers.

Just don't get the idea I got upset or something because that's not what happened.
It's all good at this end.:)

I am truly sorry if you don't get in. Like I said previously I've been doing this long enough to know that most likely this Series will never get enough people to support 2 lobbies. I've been wrong before though and if looks like that pattern is changing I will definitely look into having someone run a second lobby for me.

I understand not wanting to put the time and effort into practice then not make the race and I really wish I could give you a more definite answer on the this issue. Even when I try do an advance head count on who will make the race and who will miss its never accurate.

Sorry I thought you were upset. Words on a forum don't always come across the way someone would say it in person and its easy to misunderstand and it happens to us all.

I will keep you updated the best I can as we just had someone else confirm they will be out for this Saturday so that another spot someone will get to fill.

I'm at work but here in a few I will explain everything about the current members list in full detail later on today.
 
@Rinsky here's the deal, if with all the people that signed in, you end up with free room, I'll prepare a car for round 2 and then we figure it out.
Cheers
 
Ok let me go into a little more detail on how the members list works and where it stands right now. The rules of this Series say that if your a new signup and don't show up for your first race then your name gets pulled from the list and your car goes back to the available list. Now this only applies to those who signup with a confirmed spot for the race. So as of now QTip8329Wags & Traels fall under this rule. Everyone else on the list below them who has not been confirmed for the race will not fall off the list because you couldn't race. I will also not hold it against you if a spot opens up 30 minutes or less before the race start and you are not able to fill that spot because of short notice.

Once you have completed your first race you are then allowed to miss a race or miss a race every other month without losing your spot. Nobody has ever missed every other month but could according to series rules.

If you miss two months in a row then your name gets pulled from the list and your car goes back to the available Gr.4 list.

Some People do miss 2 months in a row, some people do not show up for their first race at all. And some people just signup to race a certain track then move on. So the list does move but only a few spots at a time.

Here is the current list.

1. Infineon - Mégane Trophy
2. Bloodyboyblue - Lexus
3. racer233 - NSX
4. Venster - Toyota
5. Docbrown40 - GT-R - Out for Jan
6. RINSKY - Porsche
7. micantony - Audi
8. WhiteFlight1 - Ferrari
9. MrRacingline - Lamborghini
10. fastone371 - Aston Martin Out for Jan
11. Standard_FV - Hyundai
12. Cold Warrior - Corvette
13. DirtenDK - BMW M4
14. Clean Racer - Mercedes
-------------------------------
14. Sheldonsuckz - Veyron
16. Desertpenguin - Mustang
17. Q-Tip8329Wags - Viper
18. Traels - McLaren
------------------------------
19. RBZ_SouTh - Mazda
20. thracerviewr - Subaru
21. Schmiggz - Alfa Romeo
22. hirnsauger69 - Mitsubishi

Everyone in spots 1 thru 14 can miss this Saturday without losing their spot because they all raced or participated in the 2 hour car selection process in December. So this part of the list will not change for our February 2nd race.

Everyone in spots 15 thru 18 must show up to race this Saturday or they will be pulled off the list.

#15 - Sheldonsuckz - Sheldon has raced with us before but missed a few months in a row so he fell off the list later last year. He signed back up for this race in December after our car selection process was over and that put him in the 15th spot. So he will fall off the list if a no show. I will put him at a 50/50 chance.

#16 - Desertpenguin - My good old buddy Desertpenguin is a bit of an unpredictable cat. He signs up for the races but tends not to show up for all of them. Again I can't say what will happen come race day but I will call this one a 50/50 chance as well.

#17 - Q-Tip8329Wags - Q-tip sits just outside the top 16 but has the first confirmed available spot for Saturday. He is new to this Series and this will be his first race with us. He seems very active on the forum and has offered to help with the races in the future if needed. I say he is 100% going to show up for the race.

#18 - Traels - The next confirmed available spot for this Saturday goes to Traels. He has also raced with us in the past and is also good friends with #14 DirtenDK. I have about a 99% certainty that Traels will be in the race Saturday.

And everyone in spots 19 thru 22 are safe and waiting to get in.
But something came up for #19 - RBZ_SouTh and he will not be available. Now because he did not have a guaranteed spot in the race at the time he gave me this notice I will not remove him completely from the list. However if any more spots become available for Saturday he will be leapfrogged by the those who can race.

So that's the rundown of how this system works and where the members list stands as of right now. Just keep looking in this thread often because things seem to change the closer race day & time get here.
 
in other words @Schmiggz , you are 2nd on the list of available spots for Tomorrow's race if there are more dropouts. I would guess you have a decent chance of getting in if you are ready. Obviously nothing is guaranteed as Rinsky has informed so eloquently above.

Many of us above you have unpredictable family obligations and we drop out at the last second for one reason or another. I wish you luck and look forward to racing with you again if not this week, then in future races.

waiting list as of 12:44PM Friday (per Rinsky's more detailed message above):
thracerviewr - Subaru
Schmiggz - Alfa Romeo
hirnsauger69 - Mitsubishi
 
#17 - Q-Tip8329Wags - Q-tip sits just outside the top 16 but has the first confirmed available spot for Saturday. He is new to this Series and this will be his first race with us. He seems very active on the forum and has offered to help with the races in the future if needed. I say he is 100% going to show up for the race.

Certainly. If any emergency arises and I cannot make the race, I will be sure to let Rinsky know immediately.
 
Gonna do some Daily Races and try to get my SR to A at least. Setting up a lobby afterwards if anyone wants to join.
 
Tonight's really busy for me. I'm going to have to leave early.

I've got this at 8, then the IRS Superbug Series at 9:30 and the ARL at 11.
 
That 50/50 chance Rinsky was talking about is no joke. Looks like I will have drop out of the series.
Saturdays no longer work for me.
 
That 50/50 chance Rinsky was talking about is no joke. Looks like I will have drop out of the series.
Saturdays no longer work for me.

I'm sorry to here that man.
 
Back