MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
This is a race where it seemed everything fell into place for me. Got a super start, and the gap I needed to not have to defend. Overall fun race, had to overtake @Hasse R twice due to some skewed pitstops, which at one point almost ended the race when I took too much kerb lol. I think my last win was at Monza last year so happy that it came together again. Definitely looking forward to the next one

After the full grid start we just had and after reading some of posts before race. Here are my thoughts on a second room.

I agree with Rinsky that we are not in need of a second room yet but, I think we are getting closer.

So Rinsky you want to think about how your going to handle when day comes that we need 2 race rooms. Remember you said yourself that this league needs to evolve with the changes. Well you might want to thinking of who you want to host that 2nd room.

Also the I like the idea of allow 2 of each car and or manufacturer if you want to go that route. I really don't think everyone would quit your league over it. It would allow more members to join and also would add a little more realism. As real life racing series allow at least 2 cars per team.

We are definitely not ready for a second lobby and I don't think we should ever attempt one now.

Its taken awhile to get this series running smoothly and because most of the people running in this series have been here for quite sometime the racing just keeps getting better & better. Everyone is getting comfortable racing against the same people and its really paying off.
I really don't see a need to change that and split things up.
Again it took awhile to get this series to this point so let's enjoy it now and it's only going to keep getting better the longer we do it.

The deal about running 2 of each Gr.4 car is not about fear that people will quit. I said people would not be happy about being split up into different lobbies. It goes right along with what I just wrote above. That this race is starting to click with everyone now, people are having more fun and we are working as a collective group much better.
I'm just don't want to mess with something that's working.

Plus other leagues like to run more than one of the same car. @WhiteFlight1 runs his Gr.3 race that way and that's absolutely fine but when I started this Endurance Series nobody had a league up that required everyone to use a different Gr.4 car. It's a different style and approach to much of the racing that people are acustom to on this game. I like that, I think it makes it stand out from the others and after all the racing we have done I think it works great as no one car or person is dominate month after month.

New people who join our series and comment after their first race are always saying how much fun they had and how respectful and clean everyone races.
We also have two people who take the time and stream the race live for others to watch so people can see just how clean and competitive our race is.
I think an overflow of extra people wanting in is a good thing and worth the wait when they do.

This is a race where it seemed everything fell into place for me. Got a super start, and the gap I needed to not have to defend. Overall fun race, had to overtake @Hasse R twice due to some skewed pitstops, which at one point almost ended the race when I took too much kerb lol. I think my last win was at Monza last year so happy that it came together again. Definitely looking forward to the next one
For all the (very) friendly spirit of competition betweem us, i wanted to give you a little bit of a hard time - you were much faster in the first place though, great job on the win! Grats! :)

First I want to say congrats to @WhiteFlight1 for the win!
Now for my race summary. As soon as the race started, I fell back to last place before I knew it. But once we started getting into a good race flow, I stayed on @Clean Racer bumper and followed him for a few laps till he passed @Cold Warrior and [USER=177422]@Racer283 ,then I followed them them for a few laps. Taking it easy, just running as consistantly as possible, waiting to pass others when safe. I really enjoyed driving the Trophy. The brakes on it was awesome and the car was great with tire wear. I drove on a set of softs for 15 laps each stint (2 stops) and 16 the last stint. I ran pretty much 1:55's the whole time. The Trophy did great on the track but suffered on the long front straight. I easily got got out powered there. So I had to make it count in the last chicane. Worked my way up to 8th place at one point before my 2nd stop. With 3 laps to go, I was in 9th with a good lead on Q-Tips in 10th, then all of a sudden, he caught to me on our last lap (46) and passed me to finished 9th with me in 10th. After looking at the replay, I can see why. He was running 1:53's to my 1:55's. Good job!
I'm hoping I can continue to have more decent finishes with this car. Finishing last doesn't bother me. It's finishing last and getting lapped 3-4 times by the second to last place pretty much the whole last season that discourages me LoL
Now, time for me to start practicing for our next race. Maggiore West was my pick by the way :cheers:[/USER]

I almost forgot about the race. Thanks to some messages from @DesertPenguin and @Rinsky himself I was able to get in the lobby in time, albeit without setting a qualifying time.

I wasn't too upset about not setting a time because I struggled at Catalunya in the SLS. Besides, I haven't raced that often in the series due to the fact that it conflicts with work. Starting at the back gave me a chance to "meet" drivers I havent raced against very often.

At the start I saw a Porsche Cayman just rocket away like a bat out of hell. It was amazing to see. Awesome start @Rinsky!

I was sad to see you have an incident.

I battled with a few guys for the first 10 laps or so but my pit strategy had me separated from other drivers after that. I would still get to mix it up on occasion but those battles were not truly for position since I was playing on a very different strategy. I dont think I ever saw @WhiteFlight1 the whole race. Congrats on the win!

I watched the broadcast and it was extremely entertaining. I will be watching it again soon. In fact, I watched some of their other broadcasts. Great stuff. Only complaint is that I didn't get more screen time. LOL JK

I've already got the Merc over to the garage in Italy to get her rebuilt and to the proper specs for race 2.
SLS AMG Gr.4.jpg

All in all, I am satisfied with a 6th place result from 15th.

Thanks for the great racing and thanks to @Rinsky for a great event!

With 3 laps to go, I was in 9th with a good lead on Q-Tips in 10th, then all of a sudden, he caught to me on our last lap (46) and passed me to finished 9th with me in 10th. After looking at the replay, I can see why. He was running 1:53's to my 1:55's. Good job!

Thank you. You were tough to catch! Had we adjusted our fuel strategies by maybe a lap or two, we would have made that last 3-5 seconds for another lap before the race time ran out. Sorry again for that bump into the first turn. Our braking points differed so much that mine was too late and I tried slowing to the inside but yeah, just glad I did't move you off of your line or off track.

To the gentlemen commentating the race video, thank you for the compliments. The livery will be much more "venomous" for the next race.

Anyone want to plan a lobby this week?

We are definitely not ready for a second lobby and I don't think we should ever attempt one now.

Its taken awhile to get this series running smoothly and because most of the people running in this series have been here for quite sometime the racing just keeps getting better & better. Everyone is getting comfortable racing against the same people and its really paying off.
Again it took awhile to get this series to this point so let's enjoy it now and it's only going to keep getting better the longer we do it.

The deal about running 2 of each Gr.4 car is not about fear that people will quit. I said people would not be happy about being split up into different lobbies. It goes right along with what I just wrote above. That this race is starting to click with everyone now, people are having more fun and we are working as a collective group much better.

Plus other leagues like to run more than one of the same car. @WhiteFlight1 runs his Gr.3 race that way and that's absolutely fine but when I started this Endurance Series nobody had a league up that required everyone to use a different Gr.4 car. It's a different style and approach to much of the racing that people are acustom to on this game. I like that, I think it makes it stand out from the others and after all the racing we have done I think it works great as no one car or person is dominate month after month.

New people who join our series and comment after their first race are always saying how much fun they had and how respectful and clean everyone races.
We also have two people who take the time and stream the race live for others to watch so people can see just how clean and competitive our race is.
I think an overflow of extra people wanting in is a good thing and worth the wait when they do.

The other thing about forcing everyone in a different car is that it gets you out of your favorite car and makes you drive something else. It's one thing driving a different car in campaign mode but it's entirely different when you are driving it for so many laps every month.

The other thing about forcing everyone in a different car is that it gets you out of your favorite car and makes you drive something else. It's one thing driving a different car in campaign mode but it's entirely different when you are driving it for so many laps every month.

I was thinking of creating a "Classic" racing series for that purpose. There's an oddball tune in the works but I still need to work out rules and regulations.

Last edited:

Not adding a second room and leaving too many people outside could eventually have the opposite effect of you want. Not everyone is willing to spend time practicing for month for a race that they can't get into. I know I wouldn't be.

I would only want a limit of 2 of per car or manufacturer. It would be nice to have a teammate car as a performance reference point. I would not want to see no limits on cars at all and have half the series players running the Megane Trophy.

I've realized that my Subaru chews through tires because of the four wheel drive. Any chance we can allow RH tires as well?
It's hard to balance out tire wear with three different compounds. If we allow hards with current tire wear settings, people using RWD's with RH tires could go almost the whole race without changing tires.

It's hard to balance out tire wear with three different compounds. If we allow hards with current tire wear settings, people using RWD's with RH tires could go almost the whole race without changing tires.

But they’re so slow no one would use them. As it is now there’s no reason to use anything other than RS, since RMs are much slower while offering no benefit in longevity. RM+RH is the best 2 tire combo IMO, if you don’t want to offer all 3, since they actually have a difference between them and the punishment for driving a poor tire wear car isn’t quite as extreme.

Last edited:
But they’re so slow no one would use them. As it is now there’s no reason to use anything other than RS, since RMs are much slower while offering no benefit in longevity. RM+RH is the best 2 tire combo IMO, if you don’t want to offer all 3, since they actually have a difference between them.
IMO, no matter what tire compounds we use, AWD and FF will suffer compared to other drivetrains in endurance races. They got screwed when they changed the tire model last summer.

As someone who drove a 4WD car all of last season I agree that without RH there is not really ever gonna be a track where they can compete. RH and RM make the most sense to me as I agree with bloodyboyblue. PD decided to make RM hard to use for only lasting slightly longer than softs but having almost no grip advantage to hards.

As someone who drove a 4WD car all of last season I agree that without RH there is not really ever gonna be a track where they can compete. RH and RM make the most sense to me as I agree with bloodyboyblue. PD decided to make RM hard to use for only lasting slightly longer than softs but having almost no grip advantage to hards.

My driving must really suck, I usually use the mediums, for me they are a noticable amount faster than RH and outlast RS.

Not adding a second room and leaving too many people outside could eventually have the opposite effect of you want. Not everyone is willing to spend time practicing for month for a race that they can't get into. I know I wouldn't be.

I would only want a limit of 2 of per car or manufacturer. It would be nice to have a teammate car as a performance reference point. I would not want to see no limits on cars at all and have half the series players running the Megane Trophy.

Its something to me monitored and I'm not totally against the idea but it's also not something I'm going to overreact on. It's very rare we have that many people in waiting and when we do its it's normally track specific and not for the entire season. We lost 2 people holding top 16 spots after Saturday's race and I have 1 confirmed out for February so the list is already back to normal.

I've realized that my Subaru chews through tires because of the four wheel drive. Any chance we can allow RH tires as well?

I'm replying to this but I have read everyone's post on the issue.
We went through this all last year trying to balance the tire wear and the game just doesn't offer the ability to balance 3 different compounds or not for endurance races of this length. One compound will always be the most dominant. Very few people even used Hards when RM & RH were the only compounds we used.
Also it can come down to the driver and not the car because I've watched people in this Series run faster lap times on RS all 4 tires glowing red than I can do on a fresh set of RH

Also I have the settings in this Series set to have the tires completely worn in 18 to 20 laps or roughly around every 30 minutes. If I did go back to using RH I'm just going to up the tire wear multiplier so it stays the same. I don't want people doing two fuel runs or an hour of racing on the same set of tires without having a serious handicap.

So its RS & RM that allows for more grip or RM & RH with less grip but the Settings will be adjusted to match the current tire wear times.

I will leave it up to everyone

This will be the only time I post the following
Because people fall off the list and their cars go back to the available list you will find better cars do become available and I'm kinda shocked nobody has tried to claim one sitting on the list now.

I will not post when cars are available and it is up to everyone to keep an eye on that list as cars are on a first come first serve basis.

Last edited:
Its something to me monitored and I'm not totally against the idea but it's also not something I'm going to overreact on. It's very rare we have that many people in waiting and when we do its it's normally track specific and not for the entire season. We lost 2 people holding top 16 spots after Saturday's race and I have 1 confirmed out for February so the list is already back to normal.

We went through this all last year trying to balance the tire wear and the game just doesn't offer the ability to balance 3 different compounds or not for endurance races of this length. One compound will always be the most dominant. Very few people even used Hards when RM & RH were the only compounds we used.
Also it can come down to the driver and not the car because I've watched people in this Series run faster lap times on RS all 4 tires glowing red than I can do on a fresh set of RH

Also I have the settings in this Series set to have the tires completely worn in 18 to 20 laps or roughly around every 30 minutes. If I did go back to using RH I'm just going to up the tire wear multiplier so it stays the same. I don't want people doing two fuel runs or an hour of racing on the same set of tires without having a serious handicap.

So its RS & RM that allows for more grip or RM & RH with less grip but the Settings will be adjusted to match the current tire wear times.

Because people fall off the list and their cars go back to the available list you will find better cars do become available and I'm kinda shocked nobody has tried to claim one sitting on the list now.

I will not post when cars are available and it is up to everyone to keep an eye on that list as cars are on a first come first serve basis.

I like it when people stick to their guns!!!!!
I have been driving the car you mentioned all week so far, it's the first time I have ever driven it for more than 2 or 3 laps in over a year of playing, I have become rather partial to it but I am going to learn to love my Aston. The other problem is that I absolutely can not find a decent livery for it, I went thru at least 20 pages and nothing looks good on it, maybe it's the shape of the body, I'm not sure. People sure love using a lot grey on that car though, I could chose about 5 pages out of 20 with grey liveries. I really need to learn to make my own liveries all though I did see a gorgeous livery that you made for the car we speak of Mr. Rinsky.:D:D:D

As I have said in several posts before. No I don't think we are ready for a second room just yet. I said soon. As of the near future. I think if we get players left out on a regular basis. Then start the second room on an as needed basis with a delayed start time.

I did say you should start thinking about who you want to run the second room.

As for the tire compound problem. I think we should go back a 3 tire compounds with plus 1x higher tire wear and leave it there. Let track's characteristics dictate what will be the dominant tire. So what if every tire will not be useful for each track we go too. Formula 1 now uses a 3 compound tire system for each race. And all 3 tires are not useful for every track they go too either.

I like it when people stick to their guns!!!!!
I have been driving the car you mentioned all week so far, it's the first time I have ever driven it for more than 2 or 3 laps in over a year of playing, I have become rather partial to it but I am going to learn to love my Aston. The other problem is that I absolutely can not find a decent livery for it, I went thru at least 20 pages and nothing looks good on it, maybe it's the shape of the body, I'm not sure. People sure love using a lot grey on that car though, I could chose about 5 pages out of 20 with grey liveries. I really need to learn to make my own liveries all though I did see a gorgeous livery that you made for the car we speak of Mr. Rinsky.:D:D:D

Give me your color, sponsor and any other choices you would like to have on your car. We will work on it together until we have something more along the lines of your taste.

As for the tire compound problem. I think we should go back a 3 tire compounds with plus 1x higher tire wear and leave it there. Let track's characteristics dictate what will be the dominant tire. So what if every tire will not be useful for each track we go too. Formula 1 now uses a 3 compound tire system for each race. And all 3 tires are not useful for every track they go too either.

And just like last year the problem becomes nobody will ever use RS because raising the multiplier just by x1 will make RS useless in 5 laps. There is no simple solution to the issue and I tried every possible setting to make 3 compounds work last year and it never did.

Me and @Infineon do a lot of private testing on the track that's up for the month. Not only do we test the fuel and tire settings but we also drive every single Gr.4 car that people signup with and test those cars to the settings. We do way more than most of you even realize.
We test the settings, we crunch the numbers, we drive the cars, and we have gotten this endurance race as good as we can with the tools we have to work with.

I'm not going back to a 3 compound setup because it just doesn't work for an 1.5 hour race and everyone will only run two compounds anyway. I feel the racing is much better because of the decision to run only RS & RM
Its allowed for more close side by side racing at the start and going back to RH will only cause problems like it has in the past. Nothing worse than being taken out on the first lap.

But look I'm an easy guy to get along with and it seems not everyone is happy running this setup so I will mix it up. Some races we will use RS & RM and some races we will use RM & RH.
I just don't want to hear any complaints when someone misjudged the draft and comes into a corner to hot on RH taking out people before the first lap is complete.

Give me your color, sponsor and any other choices you would like to have on your car. We will work on it together until we have something more along the lines of your taste.

And just like last year the problem becomes nobody will ever use RS because raising the multiplier just by x1 will make RS useless in 5 laps. There is no simple solution to the issue and I tried every possible setting to make 3 compounds work last year and it never did.

Me and @Infineon do a lot of private testing on the track that's up for the month. Not only do we test the fuel and tire settings but we also drive every single Gr.4 car that people signup with and test those cars to the settings. We do way more than most of you even realize.
We test the settings, we crunch the numbers, we drive the cars, and we have gotten this endurance race as good as we can with the tools we have to work with.

I'm not going back to a 3 compound setup because it just doesn't work for an 1.5 hour race and everyone will only run two compounds anyway. I feel the racing is much better because of the decision to run only RS & RM
Its allowed for more close side by side racing at the start and going back to RH will only cause problems like it has in the past. Nothing worse than being taken out on the first lap.

But look I'm an easy guy to get along with and it seems not everyone is happy running this setup so I will mix it up. Some races we will use RS & RM and some races we will use RM & RH.
I just don't want to hear any complaints when someone misjudged the draft and comes into a corner to hot on RH taking out people before the first lap is complete.

With 3 compounds the RS is a qualifying only tire so everyone qualifies on RS then runs deep with RH in the race with 1 stint on RM.
Mr. R, you have the livery on the car we are talking about in your garage already, white and purple I believe. If you wanna change the colors up and the sponsor that's fine with me but after you showed me that livery on that car it ruined every other livery for me, it was perfect. I believe race cars should look like proper race cars with some sponsorship on them and the livery not too wild.

With 3 compounds the RS is a qualifying only tire so everyone qualifies on RS then runs deep with RH in the race with 1 stint on RM.
Mr. R, you have the livery on the car we are talking about in your garage already, white and purple I believe. If you wanna change the colors up and the sponsor that's fine with me but after you showed me that livery on that car it ruined every other livery for me, it was perfect. I believe race cars should look like proper race cars with some sponsorship on them and the livery not too wild.

Do you know about what car or class of car it's on. I have so many liveries it impossible for me to even remotely know.

Okay then what about a 3 compound system with RSS, RS, RM?

Really No difference than if it was RS RM RH. The game really needs the option to set tire wear in .5's. Then you could set it at x1.5 or 2.5 to maybe get 3 compounds closer together in wear but as it stands now we either have one compound will always last twice as long then the other two or one compound will only last a few laps before its worn.
Unfortunately GTS lobby settings are nothing like GT6 and we are missing so many things that could make this race better but as it sits now GTS is just not really setup to run long endurance races like it should be.

Really No difference than if it was RS RM RH. The game really needs the option to set tire wear in .5's. Then you could set it at x1.5 or 2.5 to maybe get 3 compounds closer together in wear but as it stands now we either have one compound will always last twice as long then the other two or one compound will only last a few laps before its worn.
Unfortunately GTS lobby settings are nothing like GT6 and we are missing so many things that could make this race better but as it sits now GTS is just not really setup to run long endurance races like it should be.

I agree, with the settings and 3 compounds 1 would always be a qualifying only tire.

Quite looking forward to next race now I’m back on the wheel, I like this track too should be a good race.

Did a couple laps in TT and into the 1.26s but 25s doable, feel like I’m a bit back on pace again on the wheel and my hands don’t hurt like using the DS4.

January 5th - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Winner - Whiteflight1

February 2nd - Lago Maggiore WEST

March 2nd - Tokyo Expressway – South Inter Loop - night

April 6th - Fuji Speedway GT

May 4th - Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A

June 1st - Special Stage Route X

July 6th -

August 3rd - Nurburgring GP

September 7th -

October 5th -

November 2nd - Red Bull Ring

December 7th - The Nürburgring 2.4hr

:lol:
;)

January 5th - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Winner - Whiteflight1

February 2nd - Lago Maggiore WEST

March 2nd - Tokyo Expressway – South Inter Loop - night

April 6th - Fuji Speedway GT

May 4th - Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A

June 1st - Special Stage Route X

July 6th -

August 3rd - Nurburgring GP

September 7th -

October 5th -

November 2nd - Red Bull Ring

December 7th - The Nürburgring 2.4hr

:lol:
;)
As much as I like slip stream racing. The Gr.4 cars default gearing would make this a 1h 30m race of the cars being stuck at there limiter. Plus the oval BOP for the Gr.4 car stinks. Notice that even Gran Turismo Sport Mode never uses it.

The only way I would find a race there fun is if we were allowed tuning without BOP and we just run a max tune battle. It still wouldn't be fair but, at least you might be able to keep up with the faster cars by slip streaming.

Back