• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
Lobby is up. Qualifying is from now until 7:45

0475-4231-5380-9190-6116

Qualifying is underway
Currently 14 people in the lobby

If Clean Racer shows up then we will be full

Last edited:
I had a lot of fun racing with everyone. Is anyone opposed to having their cars in some race photos? I was going to mess around with the replay and see what kind of shots I could get from the opening and closing laps. If you don't wish your car to be in shot, please quote this and let me know.

What's the deal??
No race updates or discussion on how it went? I have never seen so little race talk the morning after a race. Was it rained out??

@fastone371
Race summary:

@WhiteFlight1 (Ferrrari) Had pole and won, slowly pulling away from the rest. Until lap 10 there was 6 cars within 10 sec behind the leader and the rest of the drivers were ≈15 sec behind that pack. On lap 10 I spun out and took out @Rinsky when I re-entered the track. Completely my fault since I re-entered in a very dangerous way, watch minute 29 of @thracerviewr and you will see how he barely avoids me wrecklessly re-entering. Three people were fighting for 2nd during the last laps and @Traels won that fight against @Venster & @Hasse R. @bloodyboyblue performed well in the tanklike Lexus considering the track, @Infineon, @Clean Racer, @SRT DK Racing & @QTip8329Wags had a great race too. @micantony was fast, at least when the front tyres weren't worn in his FF-Audi. Massive respect for driving an FF-car in an endurance series where tyre wear is an important factor. How @Racer283 finished without a penalty is beyond my understanding.

I had a bad race since it was hard to refocus after destroying someone else's race and so I kept making bad decisions. A shame because I qualified third and was hoping for a fun & fast race. Fun having a full lobby. Next race my goal is to be more consistent and not mess everything up and ruin someone else's race.

Race Summary Cont.:

I had a fun race. Was able to stay at the back of the lead pack for a while. @Standard_FV is correct, the TT is fast, but only until the front tyres give way (about 6 laps worth at Catalunya is all I could muster). So i pitted every 8 laps and tried to keep my nose clean. Seemed to be working well for me as i was fighting for 5th most of the race.

Had some fun battles throughout with several guys. FF vs MR vs AWD vs FR was interesting here as every car was strong in different areas of the track. Fresh tyres seemed to be the name of the game when trying to pass.
Shout out to @Clean Racer who I got to battle with a couple times. That Merc was strong on the straights, but seemed to struggle in the slow corners and braking. Also went back and forth with @DesertPenguin and his heavy as **** mustang during pitstop strategy changeovers early on. 👍
I just missed the wreck that caught out Rinsky early on (without the ghosting that would have caught 5 of us in that turn, but Rinsky got the **** end of that one); Unfortunately i got caught up in another wreck lap 40 turn 2 which put me to the back of the second group: @bloodyboyblue @SRT DK Racing @Clean Racer; had to limp around to the pits while they all flew by me; but that’s endurance racing. In the end I think i finished 8th.
The top 4 drivers had me outclassed, but it was fun to watch their strategy on the live feed @Hasse R @Traels did a great job on that commentary this morning. Give it a watch.
@WhiteFlight1 congrats! @Traels @Venster @Hasse R nice racing.
I don’t know much about what was happening beyond 8th place. Others will have to fill in the third(+) group highlights.
Thanks for hosting @Rinsky , your bad luck is bound to change.

Cheers :cheers:

Last edited:
What's the deal??
No race updates or discussion on how it went? I have never seen so little race talk the morning after a race. Was it rained out??

Race started on time with 16 out of 16 spots filled. There were a few issues with people scrubbing penalties that popped up in this race that have never been a problem in the past that will need to be addressed but other than that most people had a great race.

Unfortunately my race ended on lap 10
I put myself in the back and started in the16th position then got a surprisingly great jump off the line for an MR car and quickly gained 5 spots before turn 1.
I worked my way up to 8th in the next few laps and I was really having fun battling and swapping positions as everyone came ready to race.
On lap 10 we were still racing hard in a tight group when I seen the caution flag coming out. There was nothing within my view that was causing the caution and just as quickly as it appeared the caution was lifted. But as I came around the corner at full speed there was a car trying to pull back onto the track right on my racing line...Race over.
Front end, wheel & engine damage :ouch:
I wasn't happy about it at the time but who would be right.
I kept racing but I just wasn't into it from that point on and I was just getting in the way of others so I retired from the race. Time to regroup and get ready for next month but sadly my car is not as strong for our next location.

@Infineon had a solid run for the first race this year finishing 10th on the lead lap accident free.

Also everyone new who just joined our race for the first time yesterday all seemed to have a great race too.

How @Racer283 finished without a penalty is beyond my understanding.

I was quite surprised that i was the only one with out a penalty for the whole race. For the most part I was pretty consistent with the NSX and the tires and fuel for the NSX is pretty balanced. I did a three stop race but the third was just a splash and go just enough to have fresh tires and enough fuel to make it to the end.

I was quite surprised that i was the only one with out a penalty for the whole race. For the most part I was pretty consistent with the NSX and the tires and fuel for the NSX is pretty balanced. I did a three stop race but the third was just a splash and go just enough to have fresh tires and enough fuel to make it to the end.

I enjoyed that NSX last season. Very good on fuel and can run fairly strong on worn tyres too.
Great Endurance car IMO where you can try all sorts of strategy.

Tonight's really busy for me. I'm going to have to leave early.

I've got this at 8, then the IRS Superbug Series at 9:30 and the ARL at 11.
That's why you shouldn't sign up for multiple league that conflict with each other. Why start a race you can't finish and lose all that experience and prize money. I still mad about getting disconnected at Kyoto last year. That's a unpaid 1 hour 25 minutes I won't get back.
@fastone371
Race summary:

@WhiteFlight1 (Ferrrari) Had pole and won, slowly pulling away from the rest. Until lap 10 there was 6 cars within 10 sec behind the leader and the rest of the drivers were ≈15 sec behind that pack. On lap 10 I spun out and took out @Rinsky when I re-entered the track. Completely my fault since I re-entered in a very dangerous way, watch minute 29 of @thracerviewr and you will see how he barely avoids me wrecklessly re-entering. Three people were fighting for 2nd during the last laps and @Traels won that fight against @Venster & @Hasse R. @bloodyboyblue performed well in the tanklike Lexus considering the track, @Infineon, @Clean Racer, @SRT DK Racing & @QTip8329Wags had a great race too. @micantony was fast, at least when the front tyres weren't worn in his FF-Audi. Massive respect for driving an FF-car in an endurance series where tyre wear is an important factor. How @Racer283 finished without a penalty is beyond my understanding.

I had a bad race since it was hard to refocus after destroying someone else's race and so I kept making bad decisions. A shame because I qualified third and was hoping for a fun & fast race. Fun having a full lobby. Next race my goal is to be more consistent and not mess everything up and ruin someone else's race.
You forgot the part where you spin in front of me on my lap 33 I think and took me out too. I think I would have finished in about 11th but, I ended up 14th the last car running.

Because I don't care about the experience or prize money and just being on track racing with friends matters more.
Well I didn't intend to still send that but, since I forgot that this website doesn't erase unsent posts when you leave. I guess it's to late. So let's get this over with then.

It nice you want to race with you friends but, I think this league just got to the point where you could be taking up a valuable spot for someone else for a race that your not fully committed too.

Had a great time racing @RlNSKY in the beginning. The opening two laps were the most intense racing I have ever done with none stop side by side driving for almost three full laps. I managed to get a gap on @RlNSKY who at the time was in 10th or 9th and I was just ahead by a half second or so. Then on lap 5 I used too much throttle coming out of the 100-106 KPH right hand hairpin near the end and touched the Apex. My rear stepped out at full throttle and the car snapped hard right. By counter-steering, braking and downshifting I managed to stop from spinning and was way right of the racing line but I over corrected and began to go left slightly so I continued braking, counter-steered again and downshifted once more to stay as far right as I could while @RlNSKY slowed and passed me cleanly on the outside. Seeing as it was only about lap 5, I felt the need to drop to last as I felt I had just possibly ended everyone's chances behind me. It was the slowest part of the track with the sharp chicane's before the front straight so I felt it was also the best time to drop back without slowing anyone below race pace. Luckily there was no contact with another car and I was able to hang out to the right hand side while everyone from @RlNSKY on back could pass me without being held up. The rest of the race was gambling on a completely different fuel strategy but a spin caused by some contact from another driver put me out of it and after an hour and a half, I finished in 9th. This was one place in front of where I originally qualified and it was about 1 minute and 46 seconds behind the leader, not quite a lap down but almost. I'm satisfied with my lap consistency and the cleanliness/friendliness of everyone else that was in the lobby. The opening laps wouldn't have been possible in the Daily Races and only really possible in the S ranked F.I.A. lobbies so thank you for that experience as well.

Just woke up so I may get started on race photos in a bit. I'll create an album just for this event/series if anyone is interested.

You forgot the part where you spin in front of me on my lap 33 I think and took me out too. I think I would have finished in about 11th but, I ended up 14th the last car running.

Sorry for that. I remember following you into the pits with both of us having engine damage. I honestly don't remember the accident that caused it but I spun out several times so it was probably my fault and for that I'm sorry.

Race started on time with 16 out of 16 spots filled. There were a few issues with people scrubbing penalties that popped up in this race that have never been a problem in the past that will need to be addressed but other than that most people had a great race.

Unfortunately my race ended on lap 10
I put myself in the back and started in the16th position then got a surprisingly great jump off the line for an MR car and quickly gained 5 spots before turn 1.
I worked my way up to 8th in the next few laps and I was really having fun battling and swapping positions as everyone came ready to race.
On lap 10 we were still racing hard in a tight group when I seen the caution flag coming out. There was nothing within my view that was causing the caution and just as quickly as it appeared the caution was lifted. But as I came around the corner at full speed there was a car trying to pull back onto the track right on my racing line...Race over.
Front end, wheel & engine damage :ouch:
I wasn't happy about it at the time but who would be right.
I kept racing but I just wasn't into it from that point on and I was just getting in the way of others so I retired from the race. Time to regroup and get ready for next month but sadly my car is not as strong for our next location.

@Infineon had a solid run for the first race this year finishing 10th on the lead lap accident free.

Also everyone new who just joined our race for the first time yesterday all seemed to have a great race too.

The Cayman is actually really good at Maggiore West, last time it was in fia the two cars of choice were the Cayman or Veyron!

Overall I had an okay race and enjoyed it as always. After a terrible start got caught up in a small incident with @Hasse R who made a slight mistake and as he corrected caught my front end which gave me front end damage so had no option but to pit which ruined my strategy, but it was just a racing incident these things happen sometimes in racing. From there just a recovery race really, not great on DS4 but did okay I think, prefer the wheel though!

By the end my hands were pretty painful from using the pad, and had a pretty enjoyable battle with @Traels but my hands were too sore and I didn’t have the tyres which just led to messy penalties, didn’t get any until then!

Great race though and really close racing, everyone seemed liked they have upped the pace which is great! Good to see @Infineon have a good race in the trophy.

Well done to @WhiteFlight1 really great race! I should be back on the wheel next race though so hopefully push you a bit a harder next time out 👍

Last edited:
After the full grid start we just had and after reading some of posts before race. Here are my thoughts on a second room.

I agree with Rinsky that we are not in need of a second room yet but, I think we are getting closer.

So Rinsky you want to think about how your going to handle when day comes that we need 2 race rooms. Remember you said yourself that this league needs to evolve with the changes. Well you might want to thinking of who you want to host that 2nd room.

Also the I like the idea of allow 2 of each car and or manufacturer if you want to go that route. I really don't think everyone would quit your league over it. It would allow more members to join and also would add a little more realism. As real life racing series allow at least 2 cars per team.

IMO we are a way off needing two lobby’s and to a certain extent this really suits a single lobby. It was great to have a full lobby last night, but 2 lobby’s at this point will just dilute the series. I think that it’s getting to a point where we have enough to guarantee a full lobby which is good, it’s much better at this point to have one full lobby than 2 with 8 in each.

Don’t get me wrong I want everyone to get a chance to race it’s better at this point to consider maybe a rotation system rather than a second lobby.

IMO we are a way off needing two lobby’s and to a certain extent this really suits a single lobby. It was great to have a full lobby last night, but 2 lobby’s at this point will just dilute the series. I think that it’s getting to a point where we have enough to guarantee a full lobby which is good, it’s much better at this point to have one full lobby than 2 with 8 in each.

Don’t get me wrong I want everyone to get a chance to race it’s better at this point to consider maybe a rotation system rather than a second lobby.
I don't think we ready yet either but, I we'll be ready sooner than you think. I think we have to get the point where some are left out on a regular basis before we ready. At that point that I would start a second room on an as needed basis.

Had a lonely race after the first stint, which was action-packed. Lexus didn’t suit the track very well, but still qualified 5th. Jumped up to 2nd at the start but just steadily dropped back. Drove too hard that first stint so only got 10 laps out of the tires. Tried mediums the 2nd stint and as usual they didn’t last any longer than the softs, but were much slower, so that cost me at least 15 seconds to the top 4. Ended up 5th after the strategy worked itself out and stayed there the rest of the race pretty much. Ran comfortable 12 lap stints on softs the rest of the race, and really only drove 100% the first 5 laps and the last 6 or 7. Fuel mileage was good though.

I don't think we ready yet either but, I we'll be ready sooner than you think. I think we have to get the point where some are left out on a regular basis before we ready. At that point that I would start a second room on an as needed basis.

Maybe by the time there are enough for a second lobby with at least 6-8 cars run the full lobby with the fastest qualified 16 and the slower qualifiers in the smaller lobby. It would make it more competitive for everyone.

Back