MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,005 views
Here is an idea.
Since there is no real reason to do qualifying here then we can use that extra time to race.
So it will give us the opportunity to run two races. One with the McLaren P1 GTR and another with an N-class car.

This will give people who do not own the 3.6 mil McLaren the opportunity to race in the N-class race.
I've already done 3 custom races an hour long each with the P1 GTR and if we need to shorten that time down to let's say 40 or 50 minutes to fit two races in we can because it's not that big of a time loss at this track. Or we can just stick to one race with a car everyone will own.

Again I like the N-700 McLaren. It hits speeds of 220mph alone in 7th gear with more than half of the tachometer unused. Its very stable and it can run almost 6 laps on fuel.

The McLaren P1 GTR can hit speeds of 277mph only on the first lap then it runs 250mph the rest of the race. Its also very stable but you have to pit on every 4th lap.

Remember this race is just something @WhiteFlight1 and myself are putting together so we can do something different than our normal series offers.
So let's just have fun with it.
 
Here is an idea.
Since there is no real reason to do qualifying here then we can use that extra time to race.
So it will give us the opportunity to run two races. One with the McLaren P1 GTR and another with an N-class car.

This will give people who do not own the 3.6 mil McLaren the opportunity to race in the N-class race.
I've already done 3 custom races an hour long each with the P1 GTR and if we need to shorten that time down to let's say 40 or 50 minutes to fit two races in we can because it's not that big of a time loss at this track. Or we can just stick to one race with a car everyone will own.

Again I like the N-700 McLaren. It hits speeds of 220mph alone in 7th gear with more than half of the tachometer unused. Its very stable and it can run almost 6 laps on fuel.

The McLaren P1 GTR can hit speeds of 277mph only on the first lap then it runs 250mph the rest of the race. Its also very stable but you have to pit on every 4th lap.

Remember this race is just something @WhiteFlight1 and myself are putting together so we can do something different than our normal series offers.
So let's just have fun with it.

We should do the race with the McLaren without boost and then a race with any car in one class (ie Gr.1, high N class, VGTs) or even any car at all (under a hp limit so we don’t all use tomahawks) with weak boost. Otherwise it’ll just be the same race twice in two different cars.

It would be nice to see some different cars racing each other, and it can be up to each of us ourselves to figure out which car in the chosen class to use that won’t hit the limiter.
 
Last edited:
We should do the race with the McLaren without boost and then a race with any car in one class (ie Gr.1, high N class, VGTs) or even any car at all (under a hp limit so we don’t all use tomahawks) with weak boost. Otherwise it’ll just be the same race twice in two different cars.

It would be nice to see some different cars racing each other, and it can be up to each of us ourselves to figure out which car in the chosen class to use that won’t hit the limiter.

I like that idea a lot.
I can just leave the class open so any car can be chosen for our second race under a HP limit. I hate the idea of boosting but understand it would be necessary for the second race and should make for a good race.
 
I like that idea a lot.
I can just leave the class open so any car can be chosen for our second race under a HP limit. I hate the idea of boosting but understand it would be necessary for the second race and should make for a good race.

I’ve only done one race with boost in GTS (albeit not on an oval), and it was far less pronounced than in GT6. Basically if you were in the top 3 you didn’t get anything at all. I was stuck in 2nd about 5 seconds behind the lead and didn’t get any benefit from the boost, it was just a normal race. In GT6 it seemed to boost anyone who wasn’t leading. But on this track who knows. Everyone should be close together anyway so it shouldn’t make a huge difference. It just is the only way to keep different cars on the same level on this track
 
I’ve only done one race with boost in GTS (albeit not on an oval), and it was far less pronounced than in GT6. Basically if you were in the top 3 you didn’t get anything at all. I was stuck in 2nd about 5 seconds behind the lead and didn’t get any benefit from the boost, it was just a normal race. In GT6 it seemed to boost anyone who wasn’t leading. But on this track who knows. Everyone should be close together anyway so it shouldn’t make a huge difference. It just is the only way to keep different cars on the same level on this track

I've only done one race in GTS with boost and it was by accident. The boost was set to Strong so it was working just like GT6 where anyone but the leader got boosted. I have not tried boost on weak but if it works like you experienced then that could be fun too.
 
Useless I get the McLaren P1 GTR as prize car tomorrow. I'm out for the first race then. I have no plans on dropping 3.6cr Million on a car that I won't use very much.

I might come in for the second race though. I vote for Gr.1 with tuning but, no BOP. Run them at qualifying performance.
 
Useless I get the McLaren P1 GTR as prize car tomorrow. I'm out for the first race then. I have no plans on dropping 3.6cr Million on a car that I won't use very much.

I might come in for the second race though. I vote for Gr.1 with tuning but, no BOP. Run them at qualifying performance.

This is exactly why we are going to run 2 races tonight so the people who do not have the McLaren P1 GTR will still be able to join in on the second race.

The second race will have a HP limit (we will figure that number out tonight) but it will be open to all classes Gr1 thru Gr.4, Gr.X and all N-class.
No BOP, No Tuning, light boost on. Those Settings should keep everyone grouped together no matter what car you choose.
 
Tonight's Special Stage Route X Races

Race #1
One make race with the McLaren P1 GTR
40 minute race
(If you do not own or will not own the McLaren then I will allow you to run the Red Bull Standard for this race.
You will not be fast enough to compete against the McLaren but you will be fast enough not to get lapped. So for those who will be using the RB car you will have a separate race going on at the same time. )

Race #2
Open car selection any class with HP restrictions
40 minute race
Light boost on.

The rules
#1- No Blocking what so ever
This is a race of the draft/slipstream so people will have a run on you and you are not to block that run in anyway. Everyone will get passed in this race.

#2 No swerving across the track.
This track is very very wide and your radar will not pickup someone running beside you on the other side of the track. Sudden movements to go from one side of the lane to the other will not end well so please be aware of your surroundings at all times.

#3 Everyone must please be in the lobby at the beginning of the first race even if your only racing in race #2
The possibility of making this event a public lobby is highly likely because the lack of members attending this race might be lower than expected. We will make that call near race time but if it becomes public I need everyone here to be in the lobby to secure your spot.

#4 Have Fun
This is a special race outside of our normal endurance racing and because of the GTS track roster draft racing is not something that has been possible in GTS until now.
We are all doing this different type of racing normally found in Nascar to have a fun but different experience.
It should be loads of fun because even the best or fastest racers will not have an advantage over anyone else at this track.


Note.
Even with heavy damage on I was able to do some bump drafting or stay connected to the another cars bumper in a custom race without having damage. It must be done carefully through.



Lobby Settings

Gr.X
Two 40 minute races
No Qualifying session
Track: Special Stage X
In game track time: night
BOP Off with No Tuning.
Race Softs
Fuel x1 & Tire wear x5
No assist but ABS
Damage on Heavy
Boost is off for the first race & on light for the second race.
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
Track limit and wall penalties will be off but
Hard contact with other cars will be on.
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off
Lap Cars Ghosted Off
Rolling Start

Lobby opens at

US
7:00 pm EST (Eastern Standard Time)
6:00 pm CST (Central Standard Time)
5:00 pm MST (Mountain Standard Time)

UK
12:00 am CET (Central European Time)
12:00 am BST (British Standard Time)

Universal
11:00 pm UTC (Universal Time Coordinated)
​
 
I'm having issues with the internet today (currently posting on my phone as its more reliable) so, may have to drop out of this.

I'll run a few daily races, and see what my connection is like. That said, it seems to be weather related. Weather dependent, I'll see you all later.
 
Things came up, and I’ll say right now that it’s pretty unlikely I’ll be able to make it tonight now
 
What will this hp limit be for the 2nd race.
 
Lobby is open

Racing will begin in about 40 minutes

0475-4228-9517-6665-8116
 
Hey @bloodyboyblue your primary excuse for not racing the Tokyo South in March is now invalid. Alsace Village was not removed from the rotation. Round 2 of the next Manufacturers Cup season will be a Gr.4 race at Alsace Village II.
 
Last night's Stage X race was a lot of fun. The first race was with the McLaren P1 GTR and it sure didn't disappoint. Early in the race me and @docbrown40 teamed up after starting near the back and bumped drafted our way to the lead. Instead of fighting each other we kept working together extending our distance over 3rd and 4th and out of their reach of our draft. In true race fashion though @WhiteFlight1 & @T5Black started working together and somehow got back within out slipstream and in the closing laps caught us for a 4 way battle for the win. On the last lap and final corner @T5Black passed us for the win with @docbrown40 in second and myself in 3rd only a bumper separated our finish.

Second race was any car 900 HP or under with Strong boost on. Again me and @docbrown40 teamed up in the only N-class cars in the field and we started to gaining ground on the leaders. Different pit stops split us up and our run was over. There was no catching @Cold Warrior as he ran away with this race by over 30+ seconds.
I ended up catching P2 & P3 by not pitting and was on their bumper on the final lap but I ran out of fuel right before the finish line and came in 4th.

I want to thank everyone who came out to race.

Everyone else You guys missed some intense racing.
 
Yes it was, i didn't expect to have so much fun,
On the first race great team work with Rinsky, a nice 4 way battle for the win, very clean, i was so glad i had the wheel tho to be as smooth as possible and keep my line in the corners...
Nice swoop'in by T5Black just on the last corner, the slipstream catapulted him away from us, didn't see him coming !! Lol

The second race i knew from the start i would end up at the end, i had to make two stops i was in 6th gear close to the limiter, i wish i had taken another car cause yes we could have gained on the leader,
So an experience to be renewed i guess ;)
 
Last night's Stage X race was a lot of fun. The first race was with the McLaren P1 GTR and it sure didn't disappoint. Early in the race me and @docbrown40 teamed up after starting near the back and bumped drafted our way to the lead. Instead of fighting each other we kept working together extending our distance over 3rd and 4th and out of their reach of our draft. In true race fashion though @WhiteFlight1 & @T5Black started working together and somehow got back within out slipstream and in the closing laps caught us for a 4 way battle for the win. On the last lap and final corner @T5Black passed us for the win with @docbrown40 in second and myself in 3rd only a bumper separated our finish.

Second race was any car 900 HP or under with Strong boost on. Again me and @docbrown40 teamed up in the only N-class cars in the field and we started to gaining ground on the leaders. Different pit stops split us up and our run was over. There was no catching @Cold Warrior as he ran away with this race by over 30+ seconds.
I ended up catching P2 & P3 by not pitting and was on their bumper on the final lap but I ran out of fuel right before the finish line and came in 4th.

I want to thank everyone who came out to race.

Everyone else You guys missed some intense racing.
Actually both @WhiteFlight1 and @T5Black managed to keep up with me until they had to pit for fuel.
I knew I found something good when I took the Hyundai VGT out on track during practice and it top out 258 mph. And then it didn't consume fuel so I didn't have to pit. At that point I only had worry about some else picking the same car.
 
I was surprised that Strong boost didn't keep us closer together. It was kinda a trial and error race because up to this point I have not seen anyone trying this. So now we know even with Strong boost some cars can still run away. But if you had a draft partner boost worked to perfection allowing both drivers to gain on the cars ahead but if you got caught out by yourself boost was useless.

Really wish we could get the Gr.4 race to work here and I will continue to work on it even if it has to be a one make Gr.4 race. I have a lot of testing to do.
Its definitely a different type of racing and when you team up with other cars it's so much fun.

I think maybe after our race in February I will load in this track with boost on and we can see if it would even work with different Gr.4 cars together.
 
Last edited:
I was surprised that Strong boost didn't keep us closer together. It was kinda a trial and error race because up to this point I have not seen anyone trying this. So now we know even with Strong boost some cars can still run away. Now when you had a draft partner boost worked to to perfection allowing both drivers to gain on the cars ahead but if you got caught out by yourself boost was useless.
I wasn't too surprised in my case. I didn't think the boost was going to beable too make up for me not pitting. Especially with how much speed the car had.
 
I was so mad, when i lost the contact with you guys after the first lap. We tried to reduce the gap with @QTip8329Wags but it was a hard task for us. :banghead:

It was so much fun, thank you guys for the race :lol:
 
My livery for the Groundhog Day GP at Maggiore is a throwback to the Toyota Soarer from the original Gran Turismo
BDA0CB2A-04B2-4E8A-BC55-57C90153A20E.jpeg
3E13D418-B3DF-40BC-A611-8301E192839B.jpeg


I was surprised that Strong boost didn't keep us closer together. It was kinda a trial and error race because up to this point I have not seen anyone trying this. So now we know even with Strong boost some cars can still run away. But if you had a draft partner boost worked to perfection allowing both drivers to gain on the cars ahead but if you got caught out by yourself boost was useless.

Really wish we could get the Gr.4 race to work here and I will continue to work on it even if it has to be a one make Gr.4 race. I have a lot of testing to do.
Its definitely a different type of racing and when you team up with other cars it's so much fun.

I think maybe after our race in February I will load in this track with boost on and we can see if it would even work with different Gr.4 cars together.

I’m still waiting for a Gr.4 race at BB Raceway
 
I was so mad, when i lost the contact with you guys after the first lap. We tried to reduce the gap with @QTip8329Wags but it was a hard task for us. :banghead:

It was so much fun, thank you guys for the race :lol:

Yes that was the first race without boost. I really didn't think we would pull away like that. In custom race testing with the McLaren I couldn't pull away from the other cars even bump drafting.

If we should ever try this again or you find another race doing this just remember to team up from the start and don't break that draft until you get into or catch a bigger group to draft off of. The fun ends if you get hung out by yourself or fall to far behind.

Thanks for joining last night.
 
My livery for the Groundhog Day GP at Maggiore is a throwback to the Toyota Soarer from the original Gran Turismo
View attachment 795719 View attachment 795720



I’m still waiting for a Gr.4 race at BB Raceway

I like that livery a lot.

Now that I got a taste for oval racing again I tried out BB Raceway today in a Gr.4 custom race. I got to say it would probably be a lot of fun even though the draft will not play a huge role at this track.
 
Just as I thought the race was massive fun, even with only 7 cars. I would definitely be looking to race more on that track, totally different style, but given the right circumstances and mindful racers it's pretty intense :D
 
Yeah, starting in first wasn't fun...everyone got the draft on me and once I topped out people began passing. The rules stated no blocking of any kind so I stayed straight and everyone took off past me. By the time I caught the draft in P7, 6th was almost 2 seconds ahead and I lost the draft completely after the first turn. Used autodrive on the straights until 6th fell back. I began pushing which got our time within .5 of the fastest lap time but a switch from 40 minutes to 30 minutes wasn't expected. I pitted and took too much fuel thinking it was still 40 minutes when it had been changed to 30. Lost my draft partner and all hopes, cruised around at 2/3rd pace on lap 6 so I didn't have to run a 7th more than half a lap behind. Being drafted from the start and then left behind after half a lap sucked, bit off a rage quit after I crossed the finish line. Next time.
 
Back