MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,016 views
Yeah, starting in first wasn't fun...everyone got the draft on me and once I topped out people began passing. The rules stated no blocking of any kind so I stayed straight and everyone took off past me. By the time I caught the draft in P7, 6th was almost 2 seconds ahead and I lost the draft completely after the first turn. Used autodrive on the straights until 6th fell back. I began pushing which got our time within .5 of the fastest lap time but a switch from 40 minutes to 30 minutes wasn't expected. I pitted and took too much fuel thinking it was still 40 minutes when it had been changed to 30. Lost my draft partner and all hopes, cruised around at 2/3rd pace on lap 6 so I didn't have to run a 7th more than half a lap behind. Being drafted from the start and then left behind after half a lap sucked, bit off a rage quit after I crossed the finish line. Next time.

You can actually catch the draft without directly being right behind someone. It won't pull you as fast but it will keep everyone from flying by you once they get on their run. It's something I was practicing in custom races before hand when the AI would pass me for the lead.
Sorry things didn't go well but we all learned something valuable if we ever decided to do this again.

I made the call to do 30 minute races instead of 40 minutes because some people had to leave by 9:00 and it worked out as we ended the second race at 9:05. I personally would have done an hour long race if we could have.

Hopefully if we do this again sometime that we all learned enough to make the next race even better.
 
You can actually catch the draft without directly being right behind someone. It won't pull you as fast but it will keep everyone from flying by you once they get on their run. It's something I was practicing in custom races before hand when the AI would pass me for the lead.
Sorry things didn't go well but we all learned something valuable if we ever decided to do this again.

I made the call to do 30 minute races instead of 40 minutes because some people had to leave by 9:00 and it worked out as we ended the second race at 9:05. I personally would have done an hour long race if we could have.

Hopefully if we do this again sometime that we all learned enough to make the next race even better.

Yeah, I should have side drafted but I didn't want to risk any contact moving over. After the first car or two, the line was moving 40+ KPH faster than me. Had I not messed up pitting, might have gained a few seconds on the 10 second gap but yeah, it was all for fun, no hard feelings. Had my SR wrecked this morning in the Nurburgring Gr. 3 Daily in one race. I never have had intentional contact like that racing with any of you, it's always clean racing here. Losing that 16 SR points was worse than being a bit salty running 403KPH by my lonesome for way too long. Next time I'll get every bit of draft I can, apologies if I get a bit close.
 
Guys if you want to plan to do a race on that track anytime soon, with much more people, and also with 2 catégories like we did Saturday night (The P1 GTR and X2014) i'm ready for it :gtpflag:
 
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to race on Saturday. I intend to race next month.
 
Yeah, I should have side drafted but I didn't want to risk any contact moving over. After the first car or two, the line was moving 40+ KPH faster than me. Had I not messed up pitting, might have gained a few seconds on the 10 second gap but yeah, it was all for fun, no hard feelings. Had my SR wrecked this morning in the Nurburgring Gr. 3 Daily in one race. I never have had intentional contact like that racing with any of you, it's always clean racing here. Losing that 16 SR points was worse than being a bit salty running 403KPH by my lonesome for way too long. Next time I'll get every bit of draft I can, apologies if I get a bit close.

Guys if you want to plan to do a race on that track anytime soon, with much more people, and also with 2 catégories like we did Saturday night (The P1 GTR and X2014) i'm ready for it :gtpflag:

Whiteflight1 and myself are already talking about doing this again.
We are working on changing some of the rules to make the race even better now that we know how things work at Stage X.
Nobody should get left alone on the track under some of the new changes and the racing will be even better.
We will let everyone when we have decided on the final details.
 
Whiteflight1 and myself are already talking about doing this again.
We are working on changing some of the rules to make the race even better now that we know how things work at Stage X.
Nobody should get left alone on the track under some of the new changes and the racing will be even better.
We will let everyone when we have decided on the final details.

Make a new separate thread for it next time, it was hard keeping track of the same conversation on 2 threads and I’m sure the people who weren’t participating were tired of the notifications
 
I hope everyone is ready for our race on February 2nd at Lago Maggiore WEST

Since the new physics update I have not ran one single practice lap for this race. Its very frustrating to put the time and effort into running & practicing for this Series only to have them change everything about our cars once again for better or worse.
I don't know how much the tire wear or fuel depletion was effected with this update but I'm sure it was.
I have decided to add back RH into the lineup since PD can't seem to leave things alone. However I will continue to use RS as the basis for tire wear for our races.

We will have some new people racing with us this Saturday as enough people have now confirmed they will miss the February race so this will allow those who have been waiting patiently to get in the opportunity to join us. I hope they enjoy this race as much as we do.
 
There's a possibility that I won't be able to make it this Saturday as my family will be celebrating my brother's birthday.
 
I hope everyone is ready for our race on February 2nd at Lago Maggiore WEST

Since the new physics update I have not ran one single practice lap for this race. Its very frustrating to put the time and effort into running & practicing for this Series only to have them change everything about our cars once again for better or worse.
I don't know how much the tire wear or fuel depletion was effected with this update but I'm sure it was.
I have decided to add back RH into the lineup since PD can't seem to leave things alone. However I will continue to use RS as the basis for tire wear for our races.

We will have some new people racing with us this Saturday as enough people have now confirmed they will miss the February race so this will allow those who have been waiting patiently to get in the opportunity to join us. I hope they enjoy this race as much as we do.
That's a good call on tires. I've only done minor so testing but, it seems tire wear is a little worse. And the cars seem a less understeery too.
 
Regarding this Saturday's race, I do wish to attend. I am participating heavily in the 2019 F.I.A. Manufacturer's Series and the possibility of the top 24 race I think falls into the second starting time. I will do everything to be done before race start at 8 p.m., please do not count me out but notify @hirnsauger69 that a spot may become available.
 
Regarding this Saturday's race, I do wish to attend. I am participating heavily in the 2019 F.I.A. Manufacturer's Series and the possibility of the top 24 race I think falls into the second starting time. I will do everything to be done before race start at 8 p.m., please do not count me out but notify @hirnsauger69 that a spot may become available.
It's only top 16 this time. And I'm mad that the Gr.1 Race for the Nations Cup is Top 16 only.
 
Regarding this Saturday's race, I do wish to attend. I am participating heavily in the 2019 F.I.A. Manufacturer's Series and the possibility of the top 24 race I think falls into the second starting time. I will do everything to be done before race start at 8 p.m., please do not count me out but notify @hirnsauger69 that a spot may become available.

The Top 16 Superstars (no top 24 at the moment) isn’t scheduled until March 2nd, on the final round like it always is, and you’re not going to get into it in a million years with 24k DR (you need at least 50k to even be in the races that’ll get you enough points to get a shot to be there) so I wouldn’t worry about it. You’re going to have way more fun in this race. Just do one of the earlier time slots if you insist on doing the FIA (which doesn’t count for anything)
 
The Top 16 Superstars (no top 24 at the moment) isn’t scheduled until March 2nd, on the final round like it always is, and you’re not going to get into it in a million years with 24k DR (you need at least 50k to even be in the races that’ll get you enough points to get a shot to be there) so I wouldn’t worry about it. You’re going to have way more fun in this race. Just do one of the earlier time slots if you insist on doing the FIA (which doesn’t count for anything)
So if the FIA Championships doesn't count for anything. The top racers last year got to for free to travel the world to compete in a video game? By that same logic what do our races count towards then. We're just a bunch of people who decided to get together once a month to race a hour and a half for fun and some in game prize money.
 
Hey guys. I know a lot of you here already know me and my series but since a lot of new guys have shown up lately I'd like to make a quick advertisement.

If you're here then you're interested in clean racing among like-minded individuals. I run a spec series every Wednesday night at 9pm EST with the Toyota 86 GRMN with the main goal of having fun and becoming better drivers. All of the details are in the first link of my signature but all you really need to know is we run 3 races with laps set to 20 minutes and we're on Week 3 tonight at Red Bull Ring Short. Room opens at 9pm and racing starts at 9:30. I hope to see a few new faces soon :cheers:
 
So if the FIA Championships doesn't count for anything. The top racers last year got to for free to travel the world to compete in a video game? By that same logic what do our races count towards then. We're just a bunch of people who decided to get together once a month to race a hour and a half for fun and some in game prize money.

the key to your statement is "top racers"; that is what Bloodyboyblue means i think.
Have you ever raced with some of the "top racers" who win those things? not a one of us is even close to being at their skill level on many factors. So, we dont stand a chance at getting any free travel or top 24. It's fun to think we can, but if you realize how absolutely crazy talented and fast those guys are i think you would get what bloodyboyblue means. Not to disrespect anyone here, we have a great group of racers and some great talents, but based on what i have seen, i think even the fastest racer in our enduro's would get lapped easily by the "elite" drivers in GTSport. aka the Aliens:bowdown:
those dudes are unreal at how talented and consistent they are lap after lap after lap.

obviously just my opinion, but i think that is all bloodyboyblue meant by his comments.
 
By that same logic what do our races count towards then. We're just a bunch of people who decided to get together once a month to race a hour and a half for fun and some in game prize money.

Exactly, I only play video games for fun, especially when I can do it on a fictional race track with balanced cars, simulated tyre wear, fuel consumption and most importantly: To do it with other individuals who try their best to give everyone a good time by simply racing(fair & clean, unlike FIA races). So yes, we are in fact "only" a bunch of people who decided to get together once a month to race for an hour and a half for fun, but I'd do it without prize money or mileage points.

Looking forward to Saturday's race!
 
So if the FIA Championships doesn't count for anything. The top racers last year got to for free to travel the world to compete in a video game? By that same logic what do our races count towards then. We're just a bunch of people who decided to get together once a month to race a hour and a half for fun and some in game prize money.
Yes, last year they got to travel because it was a Championship season. We are currently in a exhibition season. Doubt any travel arrangements will be needed.
 
I would ad that the competition in 2019 will be even more difficult than 2018 cause the previous season was really well broadcasted and that will probably give even more people wanting to fight with the bests...
So yeah top 24 (16) is pretty much out of our league.

Also agreed that i see really bad behaviours in FIA, even in daily races, so that's why i like to race with you guys, no pressure, no point, no fear of the DR etc, just fair racing, working on consistency and strategies
 
I'm glad some of you keep up and know everything about the FIA events because I don't keep up with it and couldn't tell you what it takes to make those events.
Like Infineon said it is only an exhibition season right now and that's how I read into Bloodyboyblue comments about it doesn't matter right now.

Everyone else is right though and nobody in our race even with the exceptional talent of some is even close to getting into the top 24 or top 16.
Like most things in life those guys must live and breathe GTS to be at that level and that amount of dedication is not something most of us have time for in a video game. You got to ask yourself is it really that much of a passion to put that much effort into something that really has no reward in the end. It's not like the top 3 or something get full time factory rides in real race cars by winning these things. Most of us do it for fun only anyway and the sole reason I run the 1.5hr endurance races.

I think we get more out of racing hard with like minded people. We respect each other on the track we don't do dirty moves just to get a win and we really race more like real life than the FIA events do. If you ask me that's way more impressive to get 16 people together to race like we do than to be one of the fastest driver's but has no on track respect for other racers as we have seen from the last year's FIA events.

I go out of my way to be a clean racer and that requires me not to jump on every opportunity I think I can make a pass and makes me size that person up to find out where I'm faster and pick a spot to make my move. But a 1.5hr race allows us to take that extra time to race more like real life and short races like in the FIA just force people to make very bad decisions to win.
 
the key to your statement is "top racers"; that is what Bloodyboyblue means i think.
Have you ever raced with some of the "top racers" who win those things? not a one of us is even close to being at their skill level on many factors. So, we dont stand a chance at getting any free travel or top 24. It's fun to think we can, but if you realize how absolutely crazy talented and fast those guys are i think you would get what bloodyboyblue means. Not to disrespect anyone here, we have a great group of racers and some great talents, but based on what i have seen, i think even the fastest racer in our enduro's would get lapped easily by the "elite" drivers in GTSport. aka the Aliens:bowdown:
those dudes are unreal at how talented and consistent they are lap after lap after lap.

obviously just my opinion, but i think that is all bloodyboyblue meant by his comments.
I'm just saying that by @bloodyboyblue logic what do we count for then. What do 30 to 40 people know about us tops. And only 16 get to race. Maybe 32 in future. That's still far away from the over 7 million players GT Sport has worldwide. Say maybe just half of them compete in the FIA Championships then that's still 3.5 million players. So that's a whole lot of nothing. I think it still matters to world a lot more than we do. Even if it only Exhibition series right now.

And yes I'm well aware think have a chance in heck of getting in to the now top 16 for this region. I don't have talant or equipment for that. That's why I'm mad that only Gr.1 race for Nations Cup is Top 16 only. I only maintain a low B DR. Which do I without manipulating the ratings system like a lot players do. If the GT / FIA could afford it. I would love to see an endurance cup added. Run it like Nation Cup with a mix of different cars but, with longer races. Maybe cut back to 2 or 3 time slots a day.
 
Actually it’s a big misconception that the top dedicate massive amounts of time to make it, they really don’t, they are just that naturally fast. I’ve seen and raced with most of the uk guys that qualified for the world finals and they play probably quite a bit less than us.

I will be trying my best in fia this year (I struggle to enter all the time with work and family), I am a A+ and my best result so far is 64th in the EMEA and usually in the higher split if not one of the top races, it’s hard going very competitive. I won’t make it to a top 16 race or a live final but still going to try!

I disagree that some of guys in here wouldn’t stand a chance, maybe lacking on the DR front but I think a lot would do very well actually.
 
Agree with @Venster, most of us would be competitive in the top tier FIA, simply because we can run consistent laps, stay on track, respect our competitors, and understand how racing works. Just those four things are more valuable than pure speed.

I’m generally top 10-20 in Canada and 30th-70th in the Americas when I commit to a full season, but I can’t hold a candle to those elite guys who make it to the world finals. I’m often in the top splits as a field filler driving around in 19th place and it is pretty humbling and just gives you incentive to learn and get better and try harder. I’ve raced with Igor Fraga who was the world champion a few times, he’s at least 2-3 seconds faster a lap on any track and I’m half a lap behind with 10 laps. It is just natural ability, since he’s a champion in real life racing as well.

Being utterly destroyed in first the Canadian GTS Championships (which were for $8000), then the real FIA season, and finally just recently the Canadian Forza Championships, are what’s inspired me to get faster each time, and race more, and have more enthusiasm and enjoyment for fun races with like minded people like this.
 
Everyone in this group is awesome. 👍

I have learned more from racing against Bloodyboyblue and listening to Venster the last 6 months than i can even explain. There is so much that goes into this hobby and this game and the more you learn 💡, the less you know sometimes :dunce: :lol:

I'm getting too old to get much faster on pure reflexes and ability, but there is so much more to this game and to racecraft; I try to absorb as much as i can from the great members on this forum and this series. :cheers:
 
I'm ready for this Lobby to open. Also, please read the three documents released on the 24th in regards to the 2019 Championship. All Seasons and races matter and the final race is held for everyone, not just the top 16 though the top 16 will get their own lobby etc. If you do not make the top 140 each season, your Star Player rating is revoked. If I do not maintain it this Season, I have no chance in Season 2. I have made the points deficit and ranked 22nd in the North America region and if not for a single intentional wreck in the third round, I would have been in serious contention for the fastest Nissan driver, sadly I finished second to AMS_Redline but I didn't have the Star Player rating last year that was aquired from the test seasons. Open a lobby please?
 
Last edited:
My livery in case there is a free spot.


You will have a spot. I have already received messages from a few that are a maybe for tomorrow and I have heard nothing from the two people above you on the list. Like I said before I've been doing this long enough to know that a spot will be available and if I'm wrong then you can have my spot.


Everyone in this group is awesome. 👍

I have learned more from racing against Bloodyboyblue and listening to Venster the last 6 months than i can even explain. There is so much that goes into this hobby and this game and the more you learn 💡, the less you know sometimes :dunce: :lol:

I'm getting too old to get much faster on pure reflexes and ability, but there is so much more to this game and to racecraft; I try to absorb as much as i can from the great members on this forum and this series. :cheers:

You are spot on everyone in this group is awesome and I have also learned so much from the fastest guy's in this group. It's no secret that I'm not one of the fastest driver's and my choice of equipment and driving style are not going to let me get any faster at the moment. But just learning the best lines to take and being consistent have made me better than just being only fast.

The Gr.3 Fugi Race I did of Whiteflight1 I ended up being the only person not to have a penalty and I suck at Gr.3 but that consistency placed me higher than my driving abilities could alone.
So I definitely wasn't saying nobody in here wasn't good enough to compete at the highest levels in the FIA. I was talking about once you reach the lobbies or level that Igor and them are in. It's at that point you must find a way to gain 3 more seconds a lap even though your already faster than 99.9% of the people who play this game.

I also think most of you are fighting against a broken penalty system that allows people to exploit the SR. Unfortunately people who belong in the top will get screwed over by this system at some point and then others who don't belong there at all will make it in from exploiting this. It's this broken system that turns me away from running the FIA. Nothing makes me more upset than someone ruining your race just because they can.
 
You will have a spot. I have already received messages from a few that are a maybe for tomorrow and I have heard nothing from the two people above you on the list. Like I said before I've been doing this long enough to know that a spot will be available and if I'm wrong then you can have my spot.

Thank you, but your spot is yours. :cheers:
We will see...
 
Back