MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,016 views
Thank you, but your spot is yours. :cheers:
We will see...

Just go ahead and make sure your in the lobby when it opens to get the 45 minutes of qualifying/practice time available everyone. Then we will see you on the track when the green flag drops.

Practice lobby tonight ?
I'll be online normaly

Because of work I cannot practice on Fridays but I'm sure a few people will want to.
 
I have a question to ask everyone.

It's my plan every season to add a short course to our yearly schedule. Last year we ran the Tsukuba Circuit and at first most people thought I was crazy adding such a small course to a Gr.4 race. It turned out Tsukuba Circuit fit Gr.4 cars very well and it ended up being more fun than people had first thought.

I would like to keep this tradition of adding a short course to our race every year because I feel that every race series should have a smaller track on their schedule but the problem is I can't decide on the next short course in the game.
I don't want to choose the wrong track because not every short course is going to work out like Tsukuba Circuit did.

Below is the list of short tracks in the game. I don't really feel that Northern Isle Speedway fits our race so that leaves us with 5 tracks

1. Tsukuba Circuit
2. Lago Maggiore – GP
3. Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
4. KYOTO DRIVING PARK – MIYABI
5. Red Bull Ring Short Track
6. Suzuka East

So I want everyone's opinion on what short course they feel would be the best to use this season?

Also I'm not opposed to running Tsukuba Circuit again or to running it every year for that matter because of how well it handles a 1.5hr Gr.4 race.
 
Last edited:
I have a question to ask everyone.

It's my plan every season to add a short course to our yearly schedule. Last year we ran the Tsukuba Circuit and at first most people thought I was crazy adding such a small course to a Gr.4 race. It turned out Tsukuba Circuit fit Gr.4 cars very well and it ended up being more fun than people had first thought.

I would like to keep this tradition of adding a short course to our race every year because I feel that every race series should have a smaller track on their schedule but the problem is I can't decide on the next short course in the game.
I don't want to choose the wrong track because not every short course is going to work out like Tsukuba Circuit did.

Below is the list of short tracks in the game. I don't really feel that Northern Isle Speedway fits our race so that leaves us with 5 tracks

1. Tsukuba Circuit
2. Lago Maggiore – GP
3. Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
4. KYOTO DRIVING PARK – MIYABI
5. Red Bull Ring Short Track
6. Northern Isle Speedway

So I want everyone's opinion on what short course they feel would be the best to use this season?

Also I'm not opposed to running Tsukuba Circuit again or to running it every year for that matter because of how well it handles a 1.5hr Gr.4 race.

I’d be happy to run Tsukuba again and maybe add brands or red bull ring
 
I have a question to ask everyone.

It's my plan every season to add a short course to our yearly schedule. Last year we ran the Tsukuba Circuit and at first most people thought I was crazy adding such a small course to a Gr.4 race. It turned out Tsukuba Circuit fit Gr.4 cars very well and it ended up being more fun than people had first thought.

I would like to keep this tradition of adding a short course to our race every year because I feel that every race series should have a smaller track on their schedule but the problem is I can't decide on the next short course in the game.
I don't want to choose the wrong track because not every short course is going to work out like Tsukuba Circuit did.

Below is the list of short tracks in the game. I don't really feel that Northern Isle Speedway fits our race so that leaves us with 5 tracks

1. Tsukuba Circuit
2. Lago Maggiore – GP
3. Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
4. KYOTO DRIVING PARK – MIYABI
5. Red Bull Ring Short Track
6. Northern Isle Speedway

So I want everyone's opinion on what short course they feel would be the best to use this season?

Also I'm not opposed to running Tsukuba Circuit again or to running it every year for that matter because of how well it handles a 1.5hr Gr.4 race.

You forgot BB, Streets of Willow and Horse Thief. Obviously I vote for BB, but I think Streets of Willow would work as well since the old daily races there with Gr.B cars were some of the best Sport Mode races ever. I think that was mostly because they had SM tires or something on them though so they slid everywhere, probably wouldn’t be so fun with RS tires and high downforce.

Red Bull Short and Brands Indy would work as well. Miyabi would also be fun, and chaotic.

I think Maggiore Centre is too tight and too stop-and-start to be fun with anything faster than N300

So basically I vote yes to everything except Maggiore, and Northern Isle only if you’re putting CH tires on the cars.
 
Last edited:
there is suzuka east as well as a short track. not sure if you intentionally left that one out or not.

I’ve always wanted to try an endurance race at Brands Hatch Indy. Just like the old Indy cars did.
I have no idea how the gr.4 cars are on that track though, so i’d have to run a few laps to see first.
That’d be my vote amongst the contenders you listed though simply because I always wanted to do one there.

 
You forgot BB, Streets of Willow and Horse Thief. Obviously I vote for BB, but I think Streets of Willow would work as well since the old daily races there with Gr.B cars were some of the best Sport Mode races ever. I think that was mostly because they had SM tires or something on them though so they slid everywhere, probably wouldn’t be so fun with RS tires and high downforce.

Red Bull Short and Brands Indy would work as well. Miyabi would also be fun, and chaotic.

I don't consider BB or Willow to be short tracks. I also wouldn't put our members through the Horse Thief Mile with Gr.4 cars. No room to pass and it's just a very difficult track to race on with powerful cars, plus I just can't stand those layouts at Willow.

It does seem that Brands Hatch Indy is popular with everyone so far.


there is suzuka east as well as a short track. not sure if you intentionally left that one out or not.

I’ve always wanted to try an endurance race at Brands Hatch Indy. Just like the old Indy cars did.
I have no idea how the gr.4 cars are on that track though, so i’d have to run a few laps to see first.
That’d be my vote amongst the contenders you listed though simply because I always wanted to do one there.



I honestly forgot about suzuka east so that's my fault. Brands Hatch Indy seems to have some popularity with everyone

Here is what we have so far.

3 votes for Tsukuba Circuit

3 votes for Brands Hatch Indy
 
Last edited:
I vote Tskuba and vote against Red Bull Ring, track limits are too vague there, I sticking to the actual track then getting passed by someone who goes off course. That's even considering RBR was where I won one of the Toyota N200 GRMN races even though I was stripped of my win because the race was restarted after 1 lap.
 
I'm at work so I can't practice.

I'm really looking forward to tonight's race. I had a bad race last month and didn't get to race like I wanted to so I've been itching to get on the track again with everyone.
A few nights ago Infineon and myself did some more practicing and it was my first time out in the Porsche under the new tire model. Grip has definitely improved so lap times were up from previous runs but it also appears that tire wear has increased ever so slightly. Tire wear between two different Gr.4 cars can also vary by a lot in some cases. It should be an interesting night.
 
Lobby is up

0475-4222-3287-0900-2308
 
I have a question to ask everyone.

It's my plan every season to add a short course to our yearly schedule. Last year we ran the Tsukuba Circuit and at first most people thought I was crazy adding such a small course to a Gr.4 race. It turned out Tsukuba Circuit fit Gr.4 cars very well and it ended up being more fun than people had first thought.

I would like to keep this tradition of adding a short course to our race every year because I feel that every race series should have a smaller track on their schedule but the problem is I can't decide on the next short course in the game.
I don't want to choose the wrong track because not every short course is going to work out like Tsukuba Circuit did.

Below is the list of short tracks in the game. I don't really feel that Northern Isle Speedway fits our race so that leaves us with 5 tracks

1. Tsukuba Circuit
2. Lago Maggiore – GP
3. Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
4. KYOTO DRIVING PARK – MIYABI
5. Red Bull Ring Short Track
6. Suzuka East

So I want everyone's opinion on what short course they feel would be the best to use this season?

Also I'm not opposed to running Tsukuba Circuit again or to running it every year for that matter because of how well it handles a 1.5hr Gr.4 race.
To add a 7 option. What about the Streets Of Williow Springs as a short track. I has done Gr.4 there with AI. It's not bad with this class. It hard to pass but, so was Tsukuba Circuit.

Out of the tracks listed above I vote for Brand Hatch Indy. And I vote against Suzuka East.
I want to see a Suzuka race on the full course. Not that don't like the East Course but, I like the track as a whole.
 
What a horrible race i had. Spun out the final corner on lap 5 or 6, hitting the pit wall right after the entrance - the field was still close enough that i had to wait for everyone to pass before being able to turn the car - then, an entire lap with the full damage cocktail, i lost almost a minute to the next cars on track. Had another spin, then lost all will to race. Somehow regained it for the latter part of the race, where in the end i was close to acutally not finishing last - however, a miscalculated fuel strategy forced me to pit on the penultimate lap (after running out of fuel through the last corner lol) which in turn put an end to my dreams of not-last. Hope everyone else had a better race than i did.. :lol:
 
So after Last nights race I have a technical question to ask everyone and hopefully I can explain this well enough.

Some of you may or may not remember me saying in the past that my car acts and handles completely different in the actual race compared to practicing with just Infineon in the online lobby. Everyone thinks I'm crazy every time I say this but last night was the worst it's ever been.
The other night me and Infineon did about a 2 hour practice in an online lobby under full race conditions. In that practice I was able to run 1:28.038 laps almost constantly while Infineon could only do 1:31.000 laps. Anytime I was behind his Megane Trophy on a straight my Porsche would just eat him up in straight line speed. Now the only thing somewhat different about practice was that Infineon was hosting the lobby.

Fast forwarding to last night's race and it was like the rolls got reversed between me and Infineon. I was only able to turn 1:30.00 laps all race long and my car wouldn't do a 1:28 or 1:29 to save its life yet Infineon was now doing 1:29.00 laps and when I got behind him he would pull away from me in straight line speed. The complete opposite from the other day.

What the Hell could be causing such a dramatic change between practice and the race.
Is it possible that because I'm the host that I'm experiencing some type of lag ( not the jumping all over the track kinda lag ) that is causing some kind of connection issue that makes my car completely different. Because it ran fine with Infineon as the host.

Thoughts, ideas, need help figuring this out?
Could it be a bug with hosting even though I haven't heard anyone else complaining about it? Could it be my equipment like my controllers going out ever so slightly? I just don't know.

Great race last night everyone. I'm becoming more and more impressed with how fast & competitive everyone is becoming all while keeping the racing the cleanest I've ever experienced.
 
Last edited:
I prefer not to run an endurance race on a short track. Short tracks usually have very little room to try an overtake. Which means they also have very little room if someone makes an error. It's too easy to affect someone else's race if I have an issue. I will probably skip any short track races. Not my cup of tea.
 
I prefer not to run an endurance race on a short track. Short tracks usually have very little room to try an overtake. Which means they also have very little room if someone makes an error. It's too easy to affect someone else's race if I have an issue. I will probably skip any short track races. Not my cup of tea.

That's what people thought about last year's run at Tsukuba Circuit but it turned out to be a great race for everyone in the Gr.4 cars.
Short tracks are supposed to be somewhat difficult because your always have others around you at all times. That level of intensity is what I think makes short track racing fun. I think you should try it because no matter how clean people try and race a short track will always create some amount of chaos.
 
I prefer not to run an endurance race on a short track. Short tracks usually have very little room to try an overtake. Which means they also have very little room if someone makes an error. It's too easy to affect someone else's race if I have an issue. I will probably skip any short track races. Not my cup of tea.

If the next short track is at Tskuba I think you would be making a huge mistake. It was my favorite race of the season because you dont have long stretches without another car around and Tskuba is a great rhythm track once you get used to it. It's the only track I ever vote for in open lobby's yet nobody ever races there, they dont know what they are missing.
 
So after Last nights race I have a technical question to ask everyone and hopefully I can explain this well enough.

Some of you may or may not remember me saying in the past that my car acts and handles completely different in the actual race compared to practicing with just Infineon in the online lobby. Everyone thinks I'm crazy every time I say this but last night was the worst it's ever been.
The other night me and Infineon did about a 2 hour practice in an online lobby under full race conditions. In that practice I was able to run 1:28.038 laps almost constantly while Infineon could only do 1:31.000 laps. Anytime I was behind his Megane Trophy on a straight my Porsche would just eat him up in straight line speed. Now the only thing somewhat different about practice was that Infineon was hosting the lobby.

Fast forwarding to last night's race and it was like the rolls got reversed between me and Infineon. I was only able to turn 1:30.00 laps all race long and my car wouldn't do a 1:28 or 1:29 to save its life yet Infineon was now doing 1:29.00 laps and when I got behind him he would pull away from me in straight line speed. The complete opposite from the other day.

What the Hell could be causing such a dramatic change between practice and the race.
Is it possible that because I'm the host that I'm experiencing some type of lag ( not the jumping all over the track kinda lag ) that is causing some kind of connection issue that makes my car completely different. Because it ran fine with Infineon as the host.

Thoughts, ideas, need help figuring this out?
Could it be a bug with hosting even though I haven't heard anyone else complaining about it? Could it be my equipment like my controllers going out ever so slightly? I just don't know.

Great race last night everyone. I'm becoming more and more impressed with how fast & competitive everyone is becoming all while keeping the racing the cleanest I've ever experienced.

Did you watch the replay to make sure you dont have a DS4 problem? I can join some lobby's with you or host them to see if we can duplacate the problem. I was wondering what happened to you last night.
 
Sorry for you Hasse R, i also hate when i end up alone and far behind, make other mistakes, it's just no fun...

On my side, i ended up on pole surprisingly, but Focie, White and T5 qualified very close behind, and i knew i wouldn't be able to keep a qualy pace due to the poor front tire wear of the GT-R.
Also a couple a mistakes on firsts laps let Focie and T5 go, White overtook me on another mistake i think and i was right on his tail but let me go again soon after, he didn't have to do that, i appreciated.

After that i finally found my pace but i couldn't close the gap with Focie and T5 5 seconds ahead and incrising.

I had in mind 60 laps so i was planning a stop every 15 laps with softs, but i should have gone for the 12 laps cause i think i was loosing too much all in all.
At lap 30 i did my second pit and i had a confortable gap with behind, so i decided to change start and try a stop at lap 40 and 50 to try pushing harder, which kind of work but it was too late to catch Focie.
I just missed what T5 did cause he was far ahead with Focie and started to be distanced by him, i think i gained the position during pit and i finished 2nd about 18s behind Focie and about 5s ahead of T5

Again very interesting track and race, i was glad i had enough practice to have a good pace here and mainly figure out not to be out of fuel

I look forward to Tokyo, this should be interesting too
 
I prefer not to run an endurance race on a short track. Short tracks usually have very little room to try an overtake. Which means they also have very little room if someone makes an error. It's too easy to affect someone else's race if I have an issue. I will probably skip any short track races. Not my cup of tea.

Tsukuba, Brands Indy, Red Bull Short and Miyabi are all extremely easy tracks to pass on. There will be more passing and less chaos in one lap of those tracks than in the entire final race at Nurb, saying nothing of the next race at Tokyo.
 
Did you watch the replay to make sure you dont have a DS4 problem? I can join some lobby's with you or host them to see if we can duplacate the problem. I was wondering what happened to you last night.

This is what I need. Everyone to help me troubleshoot the problem. I don't think it's a DS4 problem because if it was then no way it should have effected Infineon. I truly believe it's a connection issue but I need to find out if its isolated just to my connection or if it effects everyone in the same way.

We just got finished running a 1.5hr endurance race at Lago Maggiore WEST so everyone should know exactly how their car feels and handles at this track.
Someone or better yet a few people need to load in last nights race and be the host. Once everyone who is willing to help has entered the lobby then start the race. It definitely won't take you long to notice if something doesn't feel right with your car. The more people we can get to be a test host the better as it might be a connection speed issue and testing this out under different people's connections might yield better results.

Let me ask everyone a question.
Who was able to see the light fog on the track last night?
When Infineon was the host the other night I could see the light fog around the whole track but when I'm the host the light fog is not there for me.
 
As for your problem Rinsky i know on Gt5 or GT6 there was like an unstability in lobbies, from lobbies to another you couldn't have the same pace, and there was the tire bug...
But on GTS i don't know, the only thing i expérience is between FIA free practice and actual race, somekind of grip difference but i'm not sure if it's me or the fact that there is not tire wear and fuel variation between practice and race

And yes i could see the fog
 
As for your problem Rinsky i know on Gt5 or GT6 there was like an unstability in lobbies, from lobbies to another you couldn't have the same pace, and there was the tire bug...
But on GTS i don't know, the only thing i expérience is between FIA free practice and actual race, somekind of grip difference but i'm not sure if it's me or the fact that there is not tire wear and fuel variation between practice and race

The difference in the grip issue between practice and the actual race is something I've become accustomed to and some races are worse than others but last night was the first time I experienced a speed issue along with the grip issue.
Everyone was faster than me last night in Straight Line Speed even cars that shouldn't be.
 
The difference in the grip issue between practice and the actual race is something I've become accustomed to and some races are worse than others but last night was the first time I experienced a speed issue along with the grip issue.
Everyone was faster than me last night in Straight Line Speed even cars that shouldn't be.

I know in my Toyota races that I host I’ve been extremely uncompetitive in every race so far, 1.5 seconds off against people who I’m usually close to the same pace as in other lobbies, so maybe there is a tangible reason for it.

I could see the fog.
 
I know in my Toyota races that I host I’ve been extremely uncompetitive in every race so far, 1.5 seconds off against people who I’m usually close to the same pace as in other lobbies, so maybe there is a tangible reason for it.

I could see the fog.

There you go this is exactly what I'm talking about. I think the issue is worse now after the last update.

I'm glad it's not just me and thinking I'm crazy
 
Is anyone setting up a lobby today to test out Rinsky's connection suspicions. I'll join or set one up if necessary.

Short tracks aren't for me. I did a 40 minute race at Tsukuba in Gr. 4 cars. The lobby was not full and I did enjoy it but I'm not interested in Streets of Willow or places like that. Suzuka East has very few overtaking spots. Turn 1 or if you get a good run you can get by along the straight. I am naturally a very conservative driver. I'm not judging anybody I have no complaints about anyone specifically but I see moves made quite often that I would not attempt. But then again, I am overly cautious. To a fault.
 
Is anyone setting up a lobby today to test out Rinsky's connection suspicions. I'll join or set one up if necessary.

Short tracks aren't for me. I did a 40 minute race at Tsukuba in Gr. 4 cars. The lobby was not full and I did enjoy it but I'm not interested in Streets of Willow or places like that. Suzuka East has very few overtaking spots. Turn 1 or if you get a good run you can get by along the straight. I am naturally a very conservative driver. I'm not judging anybody I have no complaints about anyone specifically but I see moves made quite often that I would not attempt. But then again, I am overly cautious. To a fault.

The first chance I will have to test out this issue with everyone will be Tuesday as I'm off all day but you don't need to be there if others want to test this out.

The streets of Willow or Horse Thief will not be added as I don't feel these are good tracks for our race. You either like them or hate them.

Here is what we have so far.
3 votes for Tsukuba Circuit
4 votes for Brands Hatch Indy
 
Last edited:
Back