MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,188 views
So after Last nights race I have a technical question to ask everyone and hopefully I can explain this well enough.

Some of you may or may not remember me saying in the past that my car acts and handles completely different in the actual race compared to practicing with just Infineon in the online lobby. Everyone thinks I'm crazy every time I say this but last night was the worst it's ever been.
The other night me and Infineon did about a 2 hour practice in an online lobby under full race conditions. In that practice I was able to run 1:28.038 laps almost constantly while Infineon could only do 1:31.000 laps. Anytime I was behind his Megane Trophy on a straight my Porsche would just eat him up in straight line speed. Now the only thing somewhat different about practice was that Infineon was hosting the lobby.

Fast forwarding to last night's race and it was like the rolls got reversed between me and Infineon. I was only able to turn 1:30.00 laps all race long and my car wouldn't do a 1:28 or 1:29 to save its life yet Infineon was now doing 1:29.00 laps and when I got behind him he would pull away from me in straight line speed. The complete opposite from the other day.

What the Hell could be causing such a dramatic change between practice and the race.
Is it possible that because I'm the host that I'm experiencing some type of lag ( not the jumping all over the track kinda lag ) that is causing some kind of connection issue that makes my car completely different. Because it ran fine with Infineon as the host.

Thoughts, ideas, need help figuring this out?
Could it be a bug with hosting even though I haven't heard anyone else complaining about it? Could it be my equipment like my controllers going out ever so slightly? I just don't know.

Great race last night everyone. I'm becoming more and more impressed with how fast & competitive everyone is becoming all while keeping the racing the cleanest I've ever experienced.
A couple of things I have noticed is there is a difference in how the cars behave from practice to race in the same lobby. It can go either way from better to worse. This seems to have been happening since GT5. Can not explain it. The other is time of day on the track. I have noticed cars perform better or worse depending on the track time you select. I first noticed this when we were testing for our N600 League which we ran on Sport tires. It was at Big Willow. Cars were crap at one time of day and much better at another. Now I have not done any real extensive testing but I did notice it there. Maybe some one can test a few other tracks and see if they see the same thing.
 
I haven't put any thought into it at all really, but my series runs a different time of day for each race. I'm going to start looking at the fastest laps in the race to see if there's a discrepancy between the times of day. No one has brought it to my attention yet though, and we run a less powerful car that's much lighter so it might not be as noticeable.
 
A couple of things I have noticed is there is a difference in how the cars behave from practice to race in the same lobby. It can go either way frome better to worse. This seems to have been happening since GT5. Can not explain it. The other is time of day on the track. I have noticed cars perform better or worse depending on the track time you select. I first noticed this when we were testing for our N600 League which we ran on Sport tires. It wa at Big Willow. Cars were crap at one time of day and much better at another. No I have not done any real extensive testing but I did notice it there. Maybe some one can test a few other tracks and see if they see the same thing.

I'm so glad other people are experiencing this problem..well I'm not really glad people are having issues but knowing that they are might help us find an answer and hopefully a solution.
It's definitely been going on for quite sometime in GTS but it was really bad for me last night.
 
I haven't put any thought into it at all really, but my series runs a different time of day for each race. I'm going to start looking at the fastest laps in the race to see if there's a discrepancy between the times of day. No one has brought it to my attention yet though, and we run a less powerful car that's much lighter so it might not be as noticeable.

As far as I can tell right now it will only be the host that will notice the problem and everyone else in your lobby will not be affected.
 
Well considering I'm already not that fast I surely haven't noticed it :lol:

Oh you will notice it and it seems to be more apparent the faster the cars are. I can't comment on the Gr.3 class because I don't race them much but I can definitely tell a bigger difference with this issue between the Gr.4 class and the N-classes

I'm very interested to see what the test results will reveal
 
To answer the questions, my vote is for Brand's Hatch Indy Circuit. I could also see the fog in yesterdays event. Tire wear has been noticeably affected by time of day which in turn changes track temp and grip levels since GT6 in my opinion and carries into GTS.

As for my race, good clean start with everyone as always. No dirt or hard blocking the first few laps. First stint was great, ended up racing for the top 3 around lap 18. Did my pit strategy and after a few laps following GentlemanRacer he and another car in front both entered the final turn too quickly. No idea if they were shooting for the pits or what but I was to Gentleman's inside as he lost traction and slammed hard into his left door panel. He managed to make the pit but I suffered an entire lap with engine damage and a top speed of 130 KPH. Pit after losing tons of time to fix the car, no fuel or tires, just repairs then managed to continue my strategy. I felt very competitive up until that second stint. After that it was a constant struggle to reach the original starting position...oh well. Next time.
 
Last edited:
Well the votes seem to be between two tracks

3 votes for Tsukuba Circuit
4 votes for Brands Hatch Indy

If the votes end up in a tie then Brands Hatch Indy will get the advantage because we raced
Tsukuba Circuit last year.
 
What a horrible race i had. Spun out the final corner on lap 5 or 6, hitting the pit wall right after the entrance - the field was still close enough that i had to wait for everyone to pass before being able to turn the car - then, an entire lap with the full damage cocktail, i lost almost a minute to the next cars on track. Had another spin, then lost all will to race. Somehow regained it for the latter part of the race, where in the end i was close to acutally not finishing last - however, a miscalculated fuel strategy forced me to pit on the penultimate lap (after running out of fuel through the last corner lol) which in turn put an end to my dreams of not-last. Hope everyone else had a better race than i did.. :lol:
Lago Maggiore is one of my favorites new original tracks but, I struggled for speed with the Corvette. I thought it would be good here. But It understeers a lot through the hillcrests in corners. Which got worse as my tires wore. The car was good on the straights which allowed me to make it difficult for others to pass me. I probably would have qualified last if it wasn't for a few laps I ran with new tires on a light fuel load. Sorry for those I held up but, I could afford to give up positions.

Oh, and yes the pit exit was a bit problem to with the way you enter turn 1. The way they launch you back out into the track doesn't help either. The pit exit should continue and exit after turn 1.
 
I really don't think the Streets Of Williow Springs would be that bad of a track with this group. And I consider it a short track (1.66 miles) or it at least races like one. It's short, slow, and hard pass.

As for the Horse Thief Mile layout. No even I wouldn't suggest that. It's fun to drive but, it's almost impossible to pass on this track with 200 hp cars. This would be great choice for the one lap qualifier for car selection.
 
We're on the air for the broadcast of yesterdays race!


I have it saved in my watch later list but looking forward to watching the action of the race since I missed yesterday.
 
I have a test lobby open if anyone wants to help me figure out the problem. The first lap I ran was a 1:28 something that was impossible to do once the race started.
 
A couple of things I have noticed is there is a difference in how the cars behave from practice to race in the same lobby. It can go either way from better to worse. This seems to have been happening since GT5. Can not explain it. The other is time of day on the track. I have noticed cars perform better or worse depending on the track time you select. I first noticed this when we were testing for our N600 League which we ran on Sport tires. It was at Big Willow. Cars were crap at one time of day and much better at another. Now I have not done any real extensive testing but I did notice it there. Maybe some one can test a few other tracks and see if they see the same thing.

That time of day would affect speed I would expect if PD were after realism because that's what happens to race tracks IRL. St Croix this seems to be most noticeable to me, sometimes the car plows thru corners worse than a Mack truck, other times cars seem ok. I never checked to see if it was a time of day difference but that is most likely the case. I do not remember seeing the fog last night at Maggiore and usually I always notice it.
 
Well the votes seem to be between two tracks

3 votes for Tsukuba Circuit
4 votes for Brands Hatch Indy

If the votes end up in a tie then Brands Hatch Indy will get the advantage because we raced
Tsukuba Circuit last year.

I vote Tskuba and 5 others told me they vote Tskuba so that makes it 8-4 advantage Tskuba!!!!
 
I vote Tskuba and 5 others told me they vote Tskuba so that makes it 8-4 advantage Tskuba!!!!

I'm only counting votes posted in this thread.

4 votes for Tsukuba Circuit
4 votes for Brands Hatch Indy
 
As much as I like Tsukuba Circuit. Why is it in this vote if we ran it last year? I thought you didn't want any tracks from last year in?
 
Is your "available cars list" up to date?

It seems one car is missing. That being the case... I would like to switch to the Alfa Romeo 4C Group 4.

I could have missed something so just let me know. Thanks.
 
Is your "available cars list" up to date?

It seems one car is missing. That being the case... I would like to switch to the Alfa Romeo 4C Group 4.

I could have missed something so just let me know. Thanks.

Good catch.
Everything is now current now.
4C is yours.
 
As much as I like Tsukuba Circuit. Why is it in this vote if we ran it last year? I thought you didn't want any tracks from last year in?

It's in there because it's the only true real life short course in the game.
Many of us like this track and Racing Gr.4 cars here.
I missed last year's race.
I would much rather do the full version of Suzuka and Brands than the short versions if possible.

I try to choose different tracks that we didn't race on the previous year but there is no written rule on it and it's just very hard to pass up on racing at Tsukuba. We have experience racing this series here and I also feel it will be much easier to keep the racing clean at Tsukuba.

Suzuka Full course has now been added for June 1st
 
Last edited:
Think I have just experienced the time difference in lobby’s, I ran a couple custom races before at st croix and easy in 2.18s and 19s. Went to a lobby fastest I could get was a low 19 in quali, in the race my pace was terrible. (I wasn’t hosting either). So went straight back to custom race easy back to 18s and 19s no problem my first lap was an 18 with high fuel. Same settings, grip, fuel, tyres etc????

Only thing I have done is move my rig over the weekend further away wireless wise, but tested connection and it’s 70mb down 10mb up should be ample!
 
Custom races and lobby's are always different lap times, custom races being quicker.
 
The 4C is ready. Just arrived in Japan. Just waiting to see when the roadways will be available for practice races. The traffic here is unbelievable!

4C Gr.4.jpg
 
It's in there because it's the only true real life short course in the game.
Many of us like this track and Racing Gr.4 cars here.
I missed last year's race.
I would much rather do the full version of Suzuka and Brands than the short versions if possible.

I try to choose different tracks that we didn't race on the previous year but there is no written rule on it and it's just very hard to pass up on racing at Tsukuba. We have experience racing this series here and I also feel it will be much easier to keep the racing clean at Tsukuba.

Suzuka Full course has now been added for June 1st
I really liked rule of not repeating races from last year. I makes us try something different.

Here's a suggestion. Why not run a race at both Brands Hatch Indy and Tsukuba Circuit. We'll have 3 more races this year than last. I think we can spare 2 slots.
 
Back