MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,236 views
That's valuable information on those pedals. Does the TGT have two plugins for the pedals and gearshift or will I need an adapter?

Good thing GTS doesn't support triple screen like GT6 did because I just don't have the room for a rig that big. Whatever I get has to fit in a closet when not in use.



Just because I get a wheel doesn't mean I will be racing with it right away. I will still use my controller until I've become comfortable with the wheel and I believe that's going to take awhile.
I will mainly be using it to drive N-class cars with the gear shifter in single player mode at first.



I had a wheel along time ago when GT4 was new. I didn't like using the wheel at all back then as it was much harder than the controller so I've never even considered getting another wheel until now. Of course the equipment has gotten much better now than it was way back then. I can tell by playing on Infineon's rig that its much easier to drive with a wheel in GTS than it was with any of the past titles.



Yeah if your hand go numb after only 10 minutes of racing then it will be very difficult to use the controller.



Oh you guys are talking about the track actually being a street when it's not being used as a race track. I thought you all were saying it to describe how small the track width is. In that case Brands Hatch doesn't fit into this category.

I was talking about the width, it was just coincidence that they’re used as public roads as well (I actually forgot about mount panorama being used like that)
 
I was talking about the width, it was just coincidence that they’re used as public roads as well (I actually forgot about mount panorama being used like that)

Ok so I wasn't completely wrong then or I was half right..lol
 
Yes it has an input for the shifter on the base as well as the pedals. When you use a wheel on console everything has to plug into the base of the wheel and from the same company. Unlike PC where you can just use the usb inputs and use say Thrustmaster wheel and Fanatec pedals.

Thrustmaster don’t do great pedals, they are more than adequate and play just fine. The only thing you really get from upgrade Thrustmaster pedals is stiffer feel, bit more sturdy and option to invert but that won’t work well with the playseat if at all, unfortunately they don’t do load cell pedals.
 
That's valuable information on those pedals. Does the TGT have two plugins for the pedals and gearshift or will I need an adapter?

Good thing GTS doesn't support triple screen like GT6 did because I just don't have the room for a rig that big. Whatever I get has to fit in a closet when not in use.



Just because I get a wheel doesn't mean I will be racing with it right away. I will still use my controller until I've become comfortable with the wheel and I believe that's going to take awhile.
I will mainly be using it to drive N-class cars with the gear shifter in single player mode at first.



I had a wheel along time ago when GT4 was new. I didn't like using the wheel at all back then as it was much harder than the controller so I've never even considered getting another wheel until now. Of course the equipment has gotten much better now than it was way back then. I can tell by playing on Infineon's rig that its much easier to drive with a wheel in GTS than it was with any of the past titles.



Yeah if your hand go numb after only 10 minutes of racing then it will be very difficult to use the controller.



Oh you guys are talking about the track actually being a street when it's not being used as a race track. I thought you all were saying it to describe how small the track width is. In that case Brands Hatch doesn't fit into this category.

Well it actually got started over my dislike of Mount Panorama and calling it a bicycle path and kinda transformed from there. :boggled::boggled::boggled::boggled:
 
Looks like you guys have a good gathering going, but why is it only 1 race/month? Would others appreciate an option to run every weekend and expand the player base?
 
Looks like you guys have a good gathering going, but why is it only 1 race/month? Would others appreciate an option to run every weekend and expand the player base?

I'm sure Mr. Rlnsky will answer but many of us have to arrange a clear spot in our calendars to race just once a month and Mr. Rlnsky also has young children including a relative newborn. Work also gets in the way for many of us, others live in Europe and are racing late at night or in the wee hours of morning and probably wouldn't want to maintain that schedule. I also seem to have a troublesome Fanatec CSL Elite that off getting repaired once again and that could cause me to miss many races instead of just one or 2. :banghead::banghead::mad::mad:
Lastly there are many who say they will race but when race night actually rolls around we often do not fill the lobby. I would also guess if our group gets too big we would get more alien level or close to alien level drivers which would discourage slow drivers like me. It seems like my driving would improve racing with aliens but when you can only see them for a lap and half there is not much time to learn.
 
I can understand the limitation leading to 1race/month. Just wanted to see if this group was up for practice races (no points up for grabs). Interim races could be held at same/similar time and settings can be varied to accommodate for pace differences (ie tire compound)...

It's just a thought, organized practice runs can be just as fun.
 
I guess i watch too many endurance races on TV, because i love Mount Panarama, Nurb and La Sarth. So much history there; My favorite tracks for endurance racing on GTS. I truly miss Daytona and wish it were on GTS.
That being said, I have always had some GREAT races every time I've raced at Brands Hatch, it really is a good track to race on, not sure why is it not popular on this side of the ocean.

I guess i just like the real life race tracks to go along with my virtual racing fantasy life. Love Suzuka. Love Spa. bla, bla, bla, etc, etc :dopey::dopey::dopey:
 
Looks like you guys have a good gathering going, but why is it only 1 race/month? Would others appreciate an option to run every weekend and expand the player base?

Well @fastone371 covered almost everything about your question.

The biggest reason I set it up for one race a month was because it's a 1.5hr race. It doesn't feel like the race is that long once your racing but afterwards you start to feel that amount of time physically. Many of us are not young anymore and that kinda of abuse would take its toll on everyone if we did it every week.

Just ask how sore they were after we did our 2.4 hours of LeMans at the end of last year.

We like endurance racing and the only way to fit it in every week would be to drop the race length otherwise people would just stop racing.
So far it's really worked out great doing a 1.5hr race once a month because it's not a huge commitment on everyone.
 
It was just a suggestion to offer additional chances to race/practice together. In the future if things change, contact me and I'd be happy to host interim sessions for your community.
 
Ok I will change it. I like the forward layout better but it seems like everyone runs it in reverse
I'm very surprised about the you adding BB Raceway I or II to the schedule. I thought you didn't want to do ovals. Does this make Northern Isles and Blue Moon Speedway possibles for next year? You might want to do some testing with Oval Package BOP for Gr.4 cars. I've never seen it used in GT Sport Mode. So I don't know what expect from it.
 
The Nurburgring Nordschleife is a closed circuit not public roads. The circuit is used as tourist attraction when it is not in use for racing, testing, or super car hot laps. You can pay a fee per lap to drive the track. It's how the track funds itself since the German Government won't make the track a landmark. It's kind of like a track day but, there are speed limits it some sections to prevent the public from killing them selves.

When the 24 hours of Le Mans started. The Circuit de la Sarthe was made entirely of public roads. Now days it is about 2/3 public roads and 1/3 closed circuit. From the Porsche Curves until after Tertre Rouge is closed circuit. The two chicanes on Mulsanne Straight and a few place are also closed. You can tell by what has public road markings and what doesn't.

Mount Panaroma is public roads when not in use. I'm not sure if the pit complex is used for anything other than racing. Why there is no public roads markings I don't know.
 
I'm very surprised about the you adding BB Raceway I or II to the schedule. I thought you didn't want to do ovals. Does this make Northern Isles and Blue Moon Speedway possibles for next year? You might want to do some testing with Oval Package BOP for Gr.4 cars. I've never seen it used in GT Sport Mode. So I don't know what expect from it.

Yes they are possible for next year. Running the Stage X race with WhiteFlight1 kinda changed my mind on ovals in GTS. I know many of people in this series like ovals so its also not always about what I like.

Mount Panaroma is public roads when not in use. I'm not sure if the pit complex is used for anything other than racing. Why there is no public roads markings I don't know.

I learned something new because I had no idea Mount Panorama was public roads. Even after all the Information & research I've gathered on this track I never knew this.
 
Yes they are possible for next year. Running the Stage X race with WhiteFlight1 kinda changed my mind on ovals in GTS. I know many of people in this series like ovals so its also not always about what I like.



I learned something new because I had no idea Mount Panorama was public roads. Even after all the Information & research I've gathered on this track I never knew this.
I wouldn't suggest SSRX with this series even with the oval package it's a battle of the revlimiter.

I do request you discontinue use of wall penalties. A 5 second penalty for hitting a wall is just unnecessary. It is not faster to wall ride. Gran Turismo has gotten more realistic of how hitting or scraping wall effects. Plus we race with heavy damage.

Yes Mount Panorama is public road. Go into time trials and drive around and look around. You can see connecting roads and people's driveways on the otherside of the walls.
 
I wouldn't suggest SSRX with this series even with the oval package it's a battle of the revlimiter.

I do request you discontinue use of wall penalties. A 5 second penalty for hitting a wall is just unnecessary. It is not faster to wall ride. Gran Turismo has gotten more realistic of how hitting or scraping wall effects. Plus we race with heavy damage.

Yes Mount Panorama is public road. Go into time trials and drive around and look around. You can see connecting roads and people's driveways on the otherside of the walls.

I'm fine with doing away with wall penalties if everyone else is. I don't think many of us ever even hit the walls anyway.

I've seen all the houses and other things around Panorama but never put two & two together. Plus up until this point I have never seen anyone share this information. That's the most surprising thing to me seeing as how iconic this track is.

If I could visit two tracks to run on anywhere in the world it would be Nurburgring Nordschleife first and Mount Panorama second.
 
Last edited:
I'm fine with doing away with wall penalties if everyone else is. I don't think many of us ever even hit the walls anyway.

I've seen all the houses and other things around Panorama but never put two & two together. Plus up until this point I have never seen anyone share this information. That's the most surprising thing to me seeing as how iconic this track is.

If I could visit two tracks to run on anywhere in the world to run on it would be Nurburgring Nordschleife first and Mount Panorama second.
There is a lot places I wish I some day visit. I like want to go to a 24 hour race. I think it would fun to spend a entire day at a race track. But the traveling and expenses are a problem.
 
Definitely better without that penalty. Better with no penalties and we police ourselves but we know that rabbit hole don't we ;)
 
Definitely better without that penalty. Better with no penalties and we police ourselves but we know that rabbit hole don't we ;)

Yup that ain't happening. Absolutely no reason for me to police the race when the game does it for me.
Again we don't run a point system so there is absolutely nothing for me to take away from people. Let the game hand out the punishment right there and then for cutting corners to close or hitting other players.

I have no desire or time trying to rewatch the race multiple times handing out penalties..plus it pisses people off.
 
Definitely better without that penalty. Better with no penalties and we police ourselves but we know that rabbit hole don't we ;)
I don't know mind the the rest of penalties. Corner penalties help establish track limits. And contract penalties help prevent unnecessary aggressive driving. Removing them would make @Rinsky have to go through the headache of policing us himself.

I just want wall penalties removed because why do we need them or why they exist for that matter. Scraping or Hitting the walls already slows you down and cause time lost. We you do need a 5 second penalty on top of that. Plus our league races with heavy damage. I feel that's more than enough of a penalty already.
 
Yes Mount Panorama is public road. Go into time trials and drive around and look around. You can see connecting roads and people's driveways on the otherside of the walls.

I disagree, I still think it's a bicycle path. :eek::eek::eek:
 
I will remove the wall penalties and I highly doubt anyone will even notice. Now that we have been running this Series for a year and almost every has been here that long I have to 100% agree with you. Wall penalties have become pointless in our races.
 
I will remove the wall penalties and I highly doubt anyone will even notice. Now that we have been running this Series for a year and almost every has been here that long I have to 100% agree with you. Wall penalties have become pointless in our races.
I think wall penalties are pointless in general. It's just adding insult to injury.
 
I think wall penalties are pointless in general. It's just adding insult to injury.

Well I can see wall penalties helping in Sport Mode (wall riders) or in online lobbies that don't have full damage on. Other than those two things I completely agree.
 
Well I can see wall penalties helping in Sport Mode (wall riders) or in online lobbies that don't have full damage on. Other than those two things I completely agree.
From making mistakes at oval races or Tokyo Central. I have yet to find any improvement in my race from making contact with a wall in GT Sport. I found very useful for losing time and positions.
 
Yap I just tested wall riding at Northern Isles. Wall riding provided no benefit that I could see. I was also 10 second slower than just running at normal lap around the track. So again why do wall penalties exist?
 
Wall penalties basically only exist because of Tokyo, those are the only tracks that wall riding is a benefit. We have heavy damage on though so that’ll be enough of a discouragement not to do it
 
Wall penalties basically only exist because of Tokyo, those are the only tracks that wall riding is a benefit. We have heavy damage on though so that’ll be enough of a discouragement not to do it
Northern Isle Speedway is a smooth wall all the way around the track. Eith no gaps in the wall to cause you to accidentally hit anything. If you wall riding there isn't going to improve you laps there. I very much doubt you find any difference at the Tokyo Tracks but, if you're willing to prove me wrong. Be my guest. I won't argue with evidence.
 
Northern Isle Speedway is a smooth wall all the way around the track. Eith no gaps in the wall to cause you to accidentally hit anything. If you wall riding there isn't going to improve you laps there. I very much doubt you find any difference at the Tokyo Tracks but, if you're willing to prove me wrong. Be my guest. I won't argue with evidence.

Continuous wall riding is not beneficial but wall riding through corners at Tokyo is. I had a guy fly by me the other day at Tokyo wall riding so it can be very beneficial by doing that.
 
Back