MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
So how many people here use the H- Shifter in GTS?
I only bought mine to use in GT League and Time Trials to have fun and I actually didn't know there was a way to cheat with it in Sport Mode. Probably because I don't go looking for ways to cheat and I don't play Sport Mode anymore.
My new shifter cost me $170 but now its just an expensive decoration hanging off my Playseat. Maybe I should have just stayed with the DS4.
I'm not very happy at the moment.

I only bought mine to use in GT League and Time Trials to have fun and I actually didn't know there was a way to cheat with it in Sport Mode. Probably because I don't go looking for ways to cheat and I don't play Sport Mode anymore.
My new shifter cost me $170 but now its just an expensive decoration hanging off my Playseat. Maybe I should have just stayed with the DS4.

I don’t use a shifter, it wasn’t really a cheat but could change so much quicker than if using a DS4 in particular. I don’t like the way they fixed it though, all the they had to do was make all sport mode races sequential only and leave the shifting speed alone, from what I have read it’s ruined the shifter experience for a lot of people.

I don’t use a shifter, it wasn’t really a cheat but could change so much quicker than if using a DS4 in particular. I don’t like the way they fixed it though, all the they had to do was make all sport mode races sequential only and leave the shifting speed alone, from what I have read it’s ruined the shifter experience for a lot of people.

I thought it was already difficult using the shifter before the change because I would get false neutrals a lot. Now its just completely useless as you have to shift it like your driving a Ford Model T

Edit. I'm not out to argue or get mad with anyone if they were using it our race but something tells me nobody was anyway.

They do stupid stuff like this once in a while. PD will end up restoring it to what it was like before. I have the same shifter but only ever use it in sequential mode because I run my wheel in PS3 mode. I do not like the understeer vibrations that are present when the wheel is run in PS4 mode.

As a consequence of running in PS3 mode the game does not recognize my clutch pedal. The clutch simulation in this game sucks anyway.

They do stupid stuff like this once in a while. PD will end up restoring it to what it was like before. I have the same shifter but only ever use it in sequential mode because I run my wheel in PS3 mode. I do not like the understeer vibrations that are present when the wheel is run in PS4 mode.

As a consequence of running in PS3 mode the game does not recognize my clutch pedal. The clutch simulation in this game sucks anyway.

I'm not sure if my wheel has a PS3 mode or not but I don't think it does. I get those vibrations too.

I'm not sure if my wheel has a PS3 mode or not but I don't think it does. I get those vibrations too.

PS3 mode is basically PC mode or not GT mode. Some of those vibrations are the transducer on the rear, the other is the not really great version of understeer.

If you try AC you soon realise how limited the FFB is on GT, it does a decent job but it’s way behind the likes of assetto etc.

The H shifter was only a real big advantage in certain cars like Miata at Tskuba last week in daily race A one make. For some reason PD makes the shifts extremely slow and I have heard that up to 1 second could be gained per lap using the H shifter over the paddles. I have no idea why PD thinks the Miata must be rev matched to shift, those cars like every other car built since at least the early 60's has a synchronized gear box. If a car has has a gear box with synchros you can leave the gas pedal stuck to the firewall, push in the clutch and jerk the gear lever as fast you can and it will slide into the next extremely quick if you become adept at it. I'm sure many of you here had the chance to drive a golden era muscle car at some point, that's exact li y how everyone drove those when racing against someone. The guys very good at it won more than their fair share of races. I dont know why PD doesnt know this, maybe they need to become more familiar with car culture. I dont think it would help in our GR4 races because those cars do not use gear boxes from 1953 Dodge pick up trucks.

Cool I will 100% be on Tuesday

Hey Mr. R, I was just curious how the knobs for Fuel Map, BB, TCS, work on your new wheel. Let's say you have RADAR visible on your HUD, when you adjust Fuel Map does that automatically make Fuel Map appear on your HUD or does RADAR stay on and you just look at the setting on your wheel to know what Fuel Map setting you are on??

There are other games you can play that incorporate the gear shifter. Check out Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2, and whatever current WRC or Dirt Rally game is out.

Hey Mr. R, I was just curious how the knobs for Fuel Map, BB, TCS, work on your new wheel. Let's say you have RADAR visible on your HUD, when you adjust Fuel Map does that automatically make Fuel Map appear on your HUD or does RADAR stay on and you just look at the setting on your wheel to know what Fuel Map setting you are on??

All the knobs are rotary and have a button, they don’t have positions. When you turn the fuel map knob it changes automatically to the fuel map in the hud but you need to scroll back to the radar. Likewise with TCS or brake balance it changes to those automatically, but you need to scroll back to the radar, one knob is designated to scroll through and can change any of them, the other three are mapped to fuel map, tcs and bb.

Yes when you turn the knob it automatically goes to TC, brake balance or fuel map. But you have to - or I have to use the arrow pad to put it back on the radar. The knob that controls the 4×4 balance will not automatically go to that on the HUD for some reason. I have to once again use the arrow pad to put it on the 4×4 balance then the knob will control it.. very strange.

There are other games you can play that incorporate the gear shifter. Check out Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2, and whatever current WRC or Dirt Rally game is out.

Yeah but some of us only play GT and do not have enough time to get involved in another game. It's been talked about though and if PD insists on their quest to keep ruining this game then some of us will leave it for good and go to another racing title.

Yes when you turn the knob it automatically goes to TC, brake balance or fuel map. But you have to - or I have to use the arrow pad to put it back on the radar. The knob that controls the 4×4 balance will not automatically go to that on the HUD for some reason. I have to once again use the arrow pad to put it on the 4×4 balance then the knob will control it.. very strange.

It doesn’t go automatically to diff setting but if you push the bottom right hand knob like a button it will scroll through the hud and then you can turn the knob, no need to scroll with the d-pad 👍

It doesn’t go automatically to diff setting but if you push the bottom right hand knob like a button it will scroll through the hud and then you can turn the knob, no need to scroll with the d-pad 👍

I didn't even know you could push that button in. I haven't really played around with them that much because I normally have the car setup the way I want it before hand. However I will adjust the BB during the race but that's about it.

I haven't practiced for this race in a while so it will be good to get some laps in tomorrow night. I just like to make sure I can control the car and drive cleanly.

I haven't practiced for this race in a while so it will be good to get some laps in tomorrow night. I just like to make sure I can control the car and drive cleanly.

What time are you looking to practice. If it gets to be to late then I won't be able to play. I'm free all day up until around 6:30 or 7:00

I usually get on after that. When kids go to bed. Ill post up if I get started earlier.

Just post here and kinda give me a heads up
no matter what time you decide to get on. I will try and practice some if its late. I also have the Car Of The Week Series I run in at 11:00pm EST.

All four of the rotary dials are a button as well and can be pushed in

To bad we can assign them.

Hey @Rinsky you full on slots? I think I might try this out again! Grab the Citroen there.

I will put you down for Saturday.

Practice Anyone? I can get a lobby set up.

Me and the wife both came down with a stomach bug on Tuesday and I was in no shape to log on. Something we ate I guess.

Back