MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,237 views
Are you taking on drivers as a reserve? I’m normally still awake doing nothing when these races are running!

Also, just started using a wheel on PS4 and enjoying my group 4’s. Gave @Hasse R a run for his money yesterday in a little practice race!

If you want in for next months race there is an open spot.

Here is the list of available cars you can choose from.

Available Gr.4 car list

Viper
McLaren
Mustang
Veyron
RCZ
Scirocco
Jaguar
Mercedes
Mazda
Subaru
Regular Megane
 
If you want in for next months race there is an open spot.

Here is the list of available cars you can choose from.

Available Gr.4 car list

Viper
McLaren
Mustang
Veyron
RCZ
Scirocco
Jaguar
Mercedes
Mazda
Subaru
Regular Megane
Perfect. I’d like to put down for the McLaren. My PSN being Jimmy281090
 
Same with the Hyundai, no idea how @Standard_FV won since it usually has the worst tire wear of any FR car, it shouldn’t have been able to run that fast for that long, unless there’s been major changes to how tire wear works lately. Must have had jet fuel.

The Hyundai wears the front tyres very fast, I also had to fuel save in order to do 15 lap(30 minutes) stints. I knew the Hyundai would be quick on this circuit and that I just had to not push 100% during the first laps of every stint in order to save the tyres and maintaining 2:04.xxx laptimes.

There have been huge tire model changes in the past few months. Also, there was a data update a few days ago for anyone questioning tire wear and handling. You have to warm up the sidewalls now because they flex in turns so running a lap or two a second off pace helps. You can get warm treads fast and go fast but it takes a few laps for the sidewalls to warm. Another thing is braking, any tire squeal under braking indicates heavy wear so trailbraking has become more precise where you have to balance speed and wear.

Yeah, it seems the tyres takes 4-5 minutes to get warm before you get the best possible grip. I recently changed my volume settings so that I can hear the tyre squeals clearly, it helps to know where you're burning the most tyre in order to minimize it.


Overall the race went great for me, no big mistakes, 1 second lead after the first corner and my 2-stop strategy worked well, all this lead to a very satisifying win. @bloodyboyblue could match me laptime-wise but after that pit wall incident I had a 30 second gap and @Clean Racer caught up to him leading them to lose time whilst battling and I only had to follow @fastone371 for the last laps after he exited the pits right in front of me.

Once again a big Thanks to @Rinsky for organizing these races and to everyone else participating!:gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:
 
If you want in for next months race there is an open spot.

Here is the list of available cars you can choose from.

Available Gr.4 car list

Viper
McLaren
Mustang
Veyron
RCZ
Scirocco
Jaguar
Mercedes
Mazda
Subaru
Regular Megane

Please keep me on the reserve list. I'll continue to use the Viper if it's available. Apologies for missing races but I am currently focused on staying the fastest Nissan in the North America region for the Manufacturer Series. Thank you for the Barcelona and Autodromo Lago Maggiore races.
 
Please keep me on the reserve list. I'll continue to use the Viper if it's available. Apologies for missing races but I am currently focused on staying the fastest Nissan in the North America region for the Manufacturer Series. Thank you for the Barcelona and Autodromo Lago Maggiore races.

Viper is your again
 
The broadcast stream of yesterdays race is up and running!


You do such a great job providing commentary. I watched the entire race again.


Thanks again to everyone who makes this Series possible and exciting. I kinda sucks it's only once a month because I have so much fun racing everyone.
 
I don't know what's going on with this game because I thought I had this issue solved but the same thing happened to me. I could consistantly run 2:05's & 2:04's in practice under our lobby Settings but once the race started 2:06's & 2:07's were all I could do. Really wish I knew why this happens.

that is some weird ****. i did not experience that at all, my lap times were the same as my practice times. It must be a host thing somehow.
 
that is some weird ****. i did not experience that at all, my lap times were the same as my practice times. It must be a host thing somehow.

That's the only explanation I can come up with myself. It happened to me in the February race and afterwards I thought I had found and fixed the problem because the March race was just fine but now it happened again for the April race.
It all started around the February race because I had not experienced this issue beforehand.
So who knows
 
@micantony it sure was a hectic start, i was absolutely kicking myself for that mistake! Glad there was no lag yesterday, i suspect i might have forgotten to turn the PS4 to using the cable network instead of the WIFI... And it's always good fun to do the broadcasts, looking forward to another one! I've been thinking about making some kind of US Special Event on the channel, which could feature something as un-European as OVAL RACING?! Anyways, that was a bit of a side-step! In the end, i had a great, FUN race with more racing action than i can remember having in quite some time! The stream goes up in about an hour and 15 mins, i'll of course throw a link in here as soon as it's running! :cheers::gtpflag:

Me too please, ovals are where racing is supposed to happen.
 
Great job to Hasse R for another wonderful broadcast of our GR4 race!!

Was anyone else having trouble with .500 second penalties at the end of the first complex of corners? I was almost always keeping at least 2 wheels on at the last right hand turn at the end of complex but I would keep getting .500 sec penalties, I saw cars putting all 4 off and getting nothing.
 
Great job to Hasse R for another wonderful broadcast of our GR4 race!!

Was anyone else having trouble with .500 second penalties at the end of the first complex of corners? I was almost always keeping at least 2 wheels on at the last right hand turn at the end of complex but I would keep getting .500 sec penalties, I saw cars putting all 4 off and getting nothing.

Took me awhile to figure it out but there is a trick to not getting that .500 penalty even putting all 4 tires over the line. I would have to show you because describing it will not translate well.


This was a lot of fun. I had a great race without big mistakes.
Thanks to everyone for the clean racing and @Hasse R for another awesome stream and a great battle.
I‘m looking forward to the next race.

I was happy to see you have a good race. I also wanted to thank you for letting me and @Hasse R race each other when you get behind us coming out of the pits. It was no doubt slowing you down some but you never forced the issue and let us battle it out then you made your move.

Congratulations again to @Standard_FV on a dominant performance.

Next months track
I was able to go 24 laps or 28 minutes on a tank of fuel with RS. The left side tires were worn way more than right side on a full run.
I'm leaving the Settings as is X3 on both.
 
Last edited:
Took me awhile to figure it out but there is a trick to not getting that .500 penalty even putting all 4 tires over the line. I would have to show you because describing it will not translate well.




I was happy to see you have a good race. I also wanted to thank you for letting me and @Hasse R race each other when you get behind us coming out of the pits. It was no doubt slowing you down some but you never forced the issue and let us battle it out then you made your move.

Congratulations again to @Standard_FV on a dominant performance.

Next months track
I was able to go 24 laps or 28 minutes on a tank of fuel with RS. The left side tires were worn way more than right side on a full run.
I'm leaving the Settings as is X3 on both.

I like that, if you wanna 2 stop then you have to do some fuel saving.
 
I'm still so impressed with your Victory @Standard_FV ; Such a great drive.

4 races, 4 different winners/cars. This is one of the things that makes this monthly race so sweet in Group 4.
@bloodyboyblue @ Blue Moon Bay maybe? just sounds right :sly:

Suggestion: post the top 3 on the podium for each race on the first page. I guess I watch a lot of F1 and european races where the podium is the thing. Rather than Nascar and Indy where its always just the victor on the celebration stand.
 
Suggestion: post the top 3 on the podium for each race on the first page. I guess I watch a lot of F1 and european races where the podium is the thing. Rather than Nascar and Indy where its always just the victor on the celebration stand.

I can definitely do that and I also think it's a great idea. I really think racing in the US needs to adopt podium finishes instead of just the winner only. You can see the influence it's had on me without me even realizing it and that I just automatically put the winner only up.

Give me some time and I will change it.
 
I regret to announce that I won't be making it to any of the races the rest of the year. My schedule conflicts with the dates scheduled. Although I have only been a sporadic presence in this series I have had great fun at every single race. I am happy to see that so many drivers have improved their overall pace and race craft. Myself included!:cheers:

Thanks @Rinsky for your diligence in continuing the series and continued luck to all of the drivers in future races. If I can make it to any future races and there is a spot available I may ask to join in. Thanks again guys.

To whomever picks up the Alfa... enjoy, she is a fun little car.:gtpflag:
 
I'll will GLADLY take over the Alfa! :D

@Clean Racer a shame to hear that, but what to do!.. Hope we can schedule the HTRG Oval Cup so that you can take part! :)
Yeah, that would be cool. A one make using the Gr.3 Mustang would almost resemble NASCAR!:lol:
 
I think you should consider eliminating RH for tires. And add RSS as a 3rd tire option. I feel RH are useless unless someone can tell me otherwise. Just using RM were too slow last race. I dropped like a rock when I started on RM. But, I do think RM will come in use at BB Raceway II and maybe Tsukuba Circuit. RHs I'm sure could make 2 stops but, you lose much way too more time on track to make up for not changing tires once.
 
I regret to announce that I won't be making it to any of the races the rest of the year. My schedule conflicts with the dates scheduled. Although I have only been a sporadic presence in this series I have had great fun at every single race. I am happy to see that so many drivers have improved their overall pace and race craft. Myself included!:cheers:

Thanks @Rinsky for your diligence in continuing the series and continued luck to all of the drivers in future races. If I can make it to any future races and there is a spot available I may ask to join in. Thanks again guys.

To whomever picks up the Alfa... enjoy, she is a fun little car.:gtpflag:

@Clean Racer it was a pleasure racing with you in the series, and thank you in helping me transitioning over to MT:bowdown: Hope to see you again in future race lobbies!:cheers:
 
@Clean Racer it was a pleasure racing with you in the series, and thank you in helping me transitioning over to MT:bowdown: Hope to see you again in future race lobbies!:cheers:
My pleasure. Any time you are on-line and want to run some laps just shoot me a chat invite. I'm not the fastest but I firmly believe we can all learn from each other. It's so cool to see how you have progressed. Keep at it.👍
 
Last edited:
Back