MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,239 views
There is a stomach bug going around. My wife and one of my boys had it. It was pretty bad. They were wiped out. Hope you feel better.
 
There is a stomach bug going around. My wife and one of my boys had it. It was pretty bad. They were wiped out. Hope you feel better.

We are much better now but it lasted two days.. definitely wasn't fun. Be glad you didn't get it.
 
I hope everyone is ready for tomorrow night's race.
As of now we have two people confirmed out and one new signup giving us a total of 17 people tomorrow.

I'm super excited to use my new wheel and setup tomorrow. I was so worried I wouldn't be as fast on the wheel compared to the DS4 but it didn't take me long to adjust.
Also I'm not 100% sure on my strategy for the race because I feel I'm good enough with the wheel to start where I qualify but I will probably just start in the back anyway.

I just want a good smooth consistent race and I'll be very happy no matter how I finish.
 
I hope everyone is ready for tomorrow night's race.
As of now we have two people confirmed out and one new signup giving us a total of 17 people tomorrow.

I'm super excited to use my new wheel and setup tomorrow. I was so worried I wouldn't be as fast on the wheel compared to the DS4 but it didn't take me long to adjust.
Also I'm not 100% sure on my strategy for the race because I feel I'm good enough with the wheel to start where I qualify but I will probably just start in the back anyway.

I just want a good smooth consistent race and I'll be very happy no matter how I finish.

I'm practicing tonight (european time, that is, in an hour or two), do feel free to join in! Will also have a party running so we can chat a bit! Really looking forward to racing tomorrow, haven't raced in GT Sport for quite some time by now! :gtpflag:
 
I'm practicing tonight (european time, that is, in an hour or two), do feel free to join in! Will also have a party running so we can chat a bit! Really looking forward to racing tomorrow, haven't raced in GT Sport for quite some time by now! :gtpflag:

Unfortunately I'm at work and can't play right now.
You going to live stream the race tomorrow?

I’ll be there, haven’t been in the mood to make a new one so I’ll be using the chrome Virgin Mobile livery again. It didn’t get a good showing last time anyway

Redemption time :cheers:
 
I don't think I'll be racing tonight. Focusing on the F.I.A. events right now and tonight's Manufacturer Series Race 1 starts the same time as qualifying starts. If I finish well, I may have time to jump in but if I don't finish well, I will do Race 2 which overlaps the last half hour of this race.
 
I don't think I'll be racing tonight. Focusing on the F.I.A. events right now and tonight's Manufacturer Series Race 1 starts the same time as qualifying starts. If I finish well, I may have time to jump in but if I don't finish well, I will do Race 2 which overlaps the last half hour of this race.

Good luck :cheers:
 
I’m hoping to join to tonight but I’ve been out with the family all day and shattered! Supposed to be doing fia in an or so too!

If I don’t make it in @Rinsky i apologise in advance, looking forward to racing with you lot again, see if I can stay awake!
 
Unfortunately I'm at work and can't play right now.
You going to live stream the race tomorrow?



Redemption time :cheers:
Nah, that middle of the night slot is too late for commentating. I'd wake the entire block! No, racing tonight, then broadcasting the replay tomorrow evening. I'll make it as late as possible, so you get the best chances of catching it live! I'm thinking about starting the stream around 21.00 CET tomorrow :)
 
Btw, any of you guys running some party chat during the race?
 
That was a good race! My strategy always seems to get me isolated on track but I knew things would get crazy for me at the end. Starting 6th I didn't hold out much hope for a better finish than that. Little did I know the tiny Alfa was very good on fuel and tires. I was able to do a 2 stopper and that moved me up to third once @bloodyboyblue caught me.
I figured I'd hang on to him for a few corners but to my surprise I was able to mix it up a bit with him. He must have been low in fuel or tore up his tires because we fought for a while and I ended up finishing 2nd.
We caught @Infineon on the last two laps and he did a great job holding his line and not really becoming a factor in our battle.
All in all, a great race. Thanks again @Rinsky!
Congratulations to @Standard_FV for a dominating win! Great Job!!
 
That was a good race! My strategy always seems to get me isolated on track but I knew things would get crazy for me at the end. Starting 6th I didn't hold out much hope for a better finish than that. Little did I know the tiny Alfa was very good on fuel and tires. I was able to do a 2 stopper and that moved me up to third once @bloodyboyblue caught me.
I figured I'd hang on to him for a few corners but to my surprise I was able to mix it up a bit with him. He must have been low in fuel or tore up his tires because we fought for a while and I ended up finishing 2nd.
We caught @Infineon on the last two laps and he did a great job holding his line and not really becoming a factor in our battle.
All in all, a great race. Thanks again @Rinsky!
Congratulations to @Standard_FV for a dominating win! Great Job!!

I was a lap and a half short of fuel, had to drive the last 2.5 laps on fuel map 2-4. I was only back there racing with you since I had to make a 4th pit stop when I drove into the pit wall and got damage, while I was on what should have been about a 2:03.4 lap since I had 3 tenth purple sectors the whole lap until then. I should’ve finished 2nd with about 15 seconds on either side of me.

I didn’t get any fuel, on that 4th stop, when I should’ve added another lap or two. I generally use the same strategy in every race, pitting every 23 minutes, since 2 stops on RS isn’t possible in the Lexus.

I don’t remember there being an update recently but the Lexus definitely seems to drive differently, it seems more tail happy on fresh tires, and only gets comfortable about 3 laps into a run, and that only lasts about 3 more laps before it wears out the fronts. I was running 2:06s for the first few laps out of the pits before I could get down into the low 2:04s consistently so I just lost so much time. Then it went back into the 2:06s again. It drives like a giant heavy 86 now.

Same with the Hyundai, no idea how @Standard_FV won since it usually has the worst tire wear of any FR car, it shouldn’t have been able to run that fast for that long, unless there’s been major changes to how tire wear works lately. Must have had jet fuel.

The 4C has been the meta Gr.4 car in FIA races for a while now, it destroys everything on wear, while not being as slow as the Megane Trophy.
 
I was a lap and a half short of fuel, had to drive the last 2.5 laps on fuel map 2-4. I was only back there racing with you since I had to make a 4th pit stop when I drove into the pit wall and got damage, while I was on what should have been about a 2:03.4 lap since I had 3 tenth purple sectors the whole lap until then. I should’ve finished 2nd with about 15 seconds on either side of me.

I didn’t get any fuel, on that 4th stop, when I should’ve added another lap or two. I generally use the same strategy in every race, pitting every 23 minutes, since 2 stops on RS isn’t possible in the Lexus.

I don’t remember there being an update recently but the Lexus definitely seems to drive differently, it seems more tail happy on fresh tires, and only gets comfortable about 3 laps into a run, and that only lasts about 3 more laps before it wears out the fronts. I was running 2:06s for the first few laps out of the pits before I could get down into the low 2:04s consistently so I just lost so much time. Then it went back into the 2:06s again. It drives like a giant heavy 86 now.

Same with the Hyundai, no idea how @Standard_FV won since it usually has the worst tire wear of any FR car, it shouldn’t have been able to run that fast for that long, unless there’s been major changes to how tire wear works lately. Must have had jet fuel.

The 4C has been the meta Gr.4 car in FIA races for a while now, it destroys everything on wear, while not being as slow as the Megane Trophy.
Ahhh, makes sense now. I knew it couldn't just be fuel or tires individually. Well, that takes a little shine off the 2nd place finish. It was still fun though. Especially since I don't normally get to race near you. Thanks for the super clean driving.
 
Edit: apologies in advance; i just kept rambling on and couldn't stop myself

Well, where do I start...

No offense to the speed demons of the group that couldn't show up due to other commitments, but I admit it gave me some hope for a strong finish when i realized they were not racing :sly:. After qualifying 2nd in my little front wheel drive Audi TT, I thought and hoped a podium would be in the cards last night 👍 (in spite of the unique challenges this car brings to an endurance race).
I knew my strategy was to drive 100% at all times and pit every 8-9 laps, there was no other way to do it for my Audi. I had done much testing and knew RM sucked; and beyond about 6 laps, my tires were shot so bad the lap times suffered horribly. I expected a 43 lap race if nothing went wrong. (i was 1 second too slow to get to that lap before the timer went off; about 45 seconds behind the leader maybe? the top 3 did 43 laps)

I lined up next to the pole sitter @Standard_FV; Then the start happened. The Audi is FF, so starts are always a bit sluggish compared to the rest of the field. To top it off, I thought we had false start check on and even though i had practiced my starts, it kind of threw me off for those 3 seconds and i completely blew it. I need to watch the replay, but i dropped down several places right off the line as everyone shot by me. I stuck to the inside into turn 1 though, and hugged the hairpin as best i could to try to hold as many spots as i could and not get involved with everyone who hopefully would stay to the outside there as is normal. No contact yea!:cheers: I think I came out of it back in 4th or 5th place after qualifying 2nd so that sucked overall, but not the end of the day as i knew my car was fast for 4-5 laps until the tires gave way.
Anyway, after a lap i tucked in behind DirtenDK ( @Hasse R ) and @bloodyboyblue in 4th place.
@Standard_FV was pretty much gone from the start. I don't know what the deal was, but that track and his driving seems to be perfect for that car in this race. He dominated and left us all behind from the start; With no mistakes, he controlled the race from the front all the way. Qualified 1st, finished 1st and had fastest lap (although i tried to beat his fast lap and came close, but i dont think he was trying to increase it as he had the race under control). Awesome race dude!👍

My race went downhill from the start. Penalty, penalty and more penalties. Despite DirtenDK, our friend at Half the Race Gone, crashing early and giving me 3rd place, i simply ran a poor race by my standards. I will let Dirten give you the details of his crash, but i was right behind him when it occurred and got a front row seat as he touched the curb/sand coming onto the back straight and swung hard right into the wall :banghead:. Ouch.
Back to me though :D; Due to the see-saw driving style necessary to go fast in this awesome FF Audi, i was hitting the curbs hard throughout the lap. And while i could turn some really fast laps, My style put me on the edge of getting penalties if i broke a little too early and turned in a little too early. I just was not able to keep a consistent, clean flow and I shot myself in the foot throughout the race. I will add them up, but i bet i had at least 45 seconds of total penalty time to kill throughout the race. 3 seconds at turn 4 a few times, 4.5 seconds at the last chicane several times. Ick. It was brutal and i was so annoyed with myself :irked:. I honestly feel i would have been right in the hunt for 2nd/3rd place with @bloodyboyblue and @Clean Racer if not for all my mishaps. It could have been some good fun amongst the three of us.
-I knew i was pitting 4 times unfortunately, so i had to do everything else perfect to stay up front and it was just not my day. Perhaps i was a bit rusty not having raced since January competitively. That'll be my excuse :lol:.
By the half way , I knew I was not in the fight with Gentleman Racing (clean racer) and BBB, so i just pulled aside and stayed out of their fight if they came up behind me during their pitstop transitions. I hate to do that because It's fun to race and fight to pass people in these races, and i wanted to give them some fun; But i could tell they were in a heated, close battle to the end depending on pitstops and strategy for who would come out on top. At the end of the day, i knew i had 4th place locked up by the half way point and that was where i finished; Just off the podium. With many more penalties of course :dunce:
My multi-pit strategy put me behind a few other drives from time-to-time and I had a blast fighting and passing them while i had fresh tires :D; I hope none of you feel i was too aggressive; I knew with my light car i could brake late and still make the corners and that was how i was able to get past several times. It's the nature of my car at this track. Everyone raced me clean and i had a great time last night, thank you all for your clean driving :bowdown:
@Cold Warrior @hirnsauger69 @Clean Racer @bloodyboyblue @Standard_FV and everyone else I didnt go toe-to-toe with as well.

Sorry for the novel, but i wanted to add a couple notes:
@Rinsky too bad we didnt get a chance to battle, seemed like the couple times i got behind you, you pitted right after. Still love the livery though and that Porsche. I hope you enjoyed your new wheel. I have no idea where you finished, but seemed like you had a tough race.
I didnt lap one person to my knowledge (maybe in pitstops i didnt notice), so everyone must have had decent races. I also didnt notice anyone leave early or DNF, so that is a plus.
Gentleman Racing dude, what was the deal with switching cars after Qualifying? are we not locked in once we leave the pits and hit the track on race night? I didnt even realize it until mid-race when your evil Teeth were right behind me to eat my car up on old tires :lol::p
Switching tire wear to 3X with the long pitstop delta on this track killed my car in particular because of the Audi's tire wear issues. Hopefully future tracks wont have the same impact because i will always have to pit more times than others. It did make it interesting though. Others can probably judge that better than me, i'm just looking at it from a purely selfish perspective.

As always, enjoyed the racing! Looking forward the the Grid Walk and the Live stream from Half the Race Gone. Always a joy to listen to 👍; thank you for doing them. And I got no lag off you this month, so that was fun to try to chase your Beemer down early on.

Peace Everyone.
 
Last edited:
Well my race sucked right from the start :lol:. I got a good jump on several folks, stayed in the outside line and got rear-ended at turn one. With damage I was running 2:11-12's. I knew my car wouand running consistantly 2:08-09's in 18 lap stints. But I made the choice to stay out my whole stint instead of repairing early. I finished last at least 20 seconds or so behind 2nd to last. Pretty much the whole time, I was alone and wrecked when I cut it close with 2Fast4U. Other than that, the only company I saw was GentlemanRacer and BloodyBoyBlue lapping me at the end. Thanks for the compliment, but I was actually trying to race you guys. I was bord the whole race:cheers:. End of my rant.
 
There have been huge tire model changes in the past few months. Also, there was a data update a few days ago for anyone questioning tire wear and handling. You have to warm up the sidewalls now because they flex in turns so running a lap or two a second off pace helps. You can get warm treads fast and go fast but it takes a few laps for the sidewalls to warm. Another thing is braking, any tire squeal under braking indicates heavy wear so trailbraking has become more precise where you have to balance speed and wear.
 
@micantony it sure was a hectic start, i was absolutely kicking myself for that mistake! Glad there was no lag yesterday, i suspect i might have forgotten to turn the PS4 to using the cable network instead of the WIFI... And it's always good fun to do the broadcasts, looking forward to another one! I've been thinking about making some kind of US Special Event on the channel, which could feature something as un-European as OVAL RACING?! Anyways, that was a bit of a side-step! In the end, i had a great, FUN race with more racing action than i can remember having in quite some time! The stream goes up in about an hour and 15 mins, i'll of course throw a link in here as soon as it's running! :cheers::gtpflag:
 
I qualified 4th but decided to start in the rear of the field like I do 99% of the time. I got a great jump off the line but couldn't go anywhere because of slower starting cars so I ended up dead last into turn one. I settled in behind @fastone371 and planned on following him as we worked our way through traffic but once I caught up to @im2fst4u he had no plans on letting me by easily and raced me hard in the opening 6 laps. I had to be careful not to get damage racing to aggressively so by the time I got around him @fastone371 and everyone else was long gone. I slowly chipped away at their gap. @Cold Warrior was very generous letting me by and not pushing to hard in the beginning ( thank you). I finally caught back up with the group in front of me and had some great racing with @fastone371 @Hasse R for many laps.

I eventually made it up to 4th place holding off most of the challengers who had pitted and on much better tires. After my Las pit stop I came back out in between @fastone371 & @Hasse R again and the battle was on in the closing laps. I tried so hard to keep @Hasse R behind me but his car was better on fresh tires and staying in my slipstream he finally got around me but I wasn't making it easy this time. I knew if I stayed close I could brake later and get a better drive out of the corner to get back around him. I pushed it to hard and made contact with him resulting in frontend and both tires damaged. He only got light bumper damage and continued on 👍
I pitted changed tires & fixed the damage coming out in 7th place until the end of the race. I Had fun and I'm happy with my first endurance wheel race.

I don’t remember there being an update recently but the Lexus definitely seems to drive differently, it seems more tail happy on fresh tires, and only gets comfortable about 3 laps into a run, and that only lasts about 3 more laps before it wears out the fronts. I was running 2:06s for the first few laps out of the pits before I could get down into the low 2:04s consistently so I just lost so much time. Then it went back into the 2:06s again. It drives like a giant heavy 86 now.

I don't know what's going on with this game because I thought I had this issue solved but the same thing happened to me. I could consistantly run 2:05's & 2:04's in practice under our lobby Settings but once the race started 2:06's & 2:07's were all I could do. Really wish I knew why this happens.

I have a lot of adjusting to do with the members list as this was many people second missed race and they will now lose their cars and spots on the list. I will also open the membership as we will have spots to fill now.
 
@micantony it sure was a hectic start, i was absolutely kicking myself for that mistake! Glad there was no lag yesterday, i suspect i might have forgotten to turn the PS4 to using the cable network instead of the WIFI... And it's always good fun to do the broadcasts, looking forward to another one! I've been thinking about making some kind of US Special Event on the channel, which could feature something as un-European as OVAL RACING?! Anyways, that was a bit of a side-step! In the end, i had a great, FUN race with more racing action than i can remember having in quite some time! The stream goes up in about an hour and 15 mins, i'll of course throw a link in here as soon as it's running! :cheers::gtpflag:

Make sure I’m invited if there’s any ovals involved
 
Are you taking on drivers as a reserve? I’m normally still awake doing nothing when these races are running!

Also, just started using a wheel on PS4 and enjoying my group 4’s. Gave @Hasse R a run for his money yesterday in a little practice race!
 
Back