MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,237 views
I regret to announce that I won't be making it to any of the races the rest of the year. My schedule conflicts with the dates scheduled. Although I have only been a sporadic presence in this series I have had great fun at every single race. I am happy to see that so many drivers have improved their overall pace and race craft. Myself included!:cheers:

Thanks @Rinsky for your diligence in continuing the series and continued luck to all of the drivers in future races. If I can make it to any future races and there is a spot available I may ask to join in. Thanks again guys.

To whomever picks up the Alfa... enjoy, she is a fun little car.:gtpflag:

I really hate to hear that. I'm my eyes you've been with us for a very long time and your competitiveness will be missed.
You know your always welcome to join in anytime and most likely a spot is always available on race day.

Don't be a stranger either way


The main page has now been updated with the top 3 drivers from each race. Everyone's cars have also been changed.
 
I think you should consider eliminating RH for tires. And add RSS as a 3rd tire option. I feel RH are useless unless someone can tell me otherwise. Just using RM were too slow last race. I dropped like a rock when I started on RM. But, I do think RM will come in use at BB Raceway II and maybe Tsukuba Circuit. RHs I'm sure could make 2 stops but, you lose much way too more time on track to make up for not changing tires once.

More than likely we will not use RH most of the time but you just never know what curveball I'm liable to throw at everyone. As RSS I just don't feel they belong in an endurance race other than used for qualifying. I might add them in for one but I don't know.
 
More than likely we will not use RH most of the time but you just never know what curveball I'm liable to throw at everyone. As RSS I just don't feel they belong in an endurance race other than used for qualifying. I might add them in for one but I don't know.

Yeah the RSS almost have the same longevity as RS and just don’t fit, personally I don’t think they would add to the strategy.
 
I regret to announce that I won't be making it to any of the races the rest of the year. My schedule conflicts with the dates scheduled. Although I have only been a sporadic presence in this series I have had great fun at every single race. I am happy to see that so many drivers have improved their overall pace and race craft. Myself included!:cheers:

that’s a shame CR. I have truly enjoyed racing with and against you in these endurance races. and the occassional practices.
i’m sure i’ll see you on track in other series though. :cheers:
 
Yeah the RSS almost have the same longevity as RS and just don’t fit, personally I don’t think they would add to the strategy.

Unless the choices would be RM and RSS if you can do that. I suppose if you cant set the lobby up like that we would have to use the integrity system.
 
The lobby can be setup that way but I just don't believe RSS Serve a purpose in our race. I have yet to ever use them anywhere in this game just because I feel they are a beginner's tire and RS provide more than enough grip to get the job done if need be. But that's just my view on them.
 
I dont dont know how long the the RSS last compared to RS, I was just thinking about it from a strategy standpoint where everyone really has to decide on a fuel or tire dependent race.
 
Really wish they would add rain so we would have a reason to use the rain tires in this game.

I think it will come after they get their tire model and track temp/ambient temp models right. Then I think they will start coding in time progression before we get wet weather conditions and rain. P.D. is taking their sweet time to do it right and with another 3 or 4 years until the next console releases, I'm not complaining. Especially after partnering with the F.I.A. eSport Commity. Gran Turismo is looking to be the most realistic race simulator for console systems, its worth the wait.
 
I think it will come after they get their tire model and track temp/ambient temp models right.
So never? :lol:

Gran Turismo is looking to be the most realistic race simulator for console systems, its worth the wait.
Unfortunately it's just that. Outside of consoles there is a whole world of racing sims with better features/physics/etc.

I'm always optimistic for the future but cautiously and realistically so.
 
I think it will come after they get their tire model and track temp/ambient temp models right. Then I think they will start coding in time progression before we get wet weather conditions and rain. P.D. is taking their sweet time to do it right and with another 3 or 4 years until the next console releases, I'm not complaining. Especially after partnering with the F.I.A. eSport Commity. Gran Turismo is looking to be the most realistic race simulator for console systems, its worth the wait.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up, other than the first sentence. GT Sport isn’t that type of game.
 
So never? :lol:


Unfortunately it's just that. Outside of consoles there is a whole world of racing sims with better features/physics/etc.

I'm always optimistic for the future but cautiously and realistically so.

I don't get your cynicism. The tire model is realistic and way better than at release and the ambient temperatures work for the set times of day, it just takes longer to link those times and create time progression.

I'm talking about it being the best racing simulator for consoles, not the best sim so my hopes are completely based in reality. Very few people have the cash for P.C. setups and iRacing's price points can be stressful on those going paycheck to paycheck. The tire model will be fine tuned, then the race start times at each track will be connected to create time progression and then weather will be added and they will begin the process of fine tuning the rain, etc.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up, other than the first sentence. GT Sport isn’t that type of game.

G.T. 1-6 weren't. Kaz did an interview about this. G.T. Sport isn't classic Gran Turismo and shouldn't be viewed as such, Sport is an evolved step away from the classic arcade style it used to be. It is Kaz's second generation of the Gran Turismo franchise.
 
I don't get your cynicism. The tire model is realistic and way better than at release and the ambient temperatures work for the set times of day, it just takes longer to link those times and create time progression.

I'm talking about it being the best racing simulator for consoles, not the best sim so my hopes are completely based in reality. Very few people have the cash for P.C. setups and iRacing's price points can be stressful on those going paycheck to paycheck. The tire model will be fine tuned, then the race start times at each track will be connected to create time progression and then weather will be added and they will begin the process of fine tuning the rain, etc.



G.T. 1-6 weren't. Kaz did an interview about this. G.T. Sport isn't classic Gran Turismo and shouldn't be viewed as such, Sport is an evolved step away from the classic arcade style it used to be. It is Kaz's second generation of the Gran Turismo franchise.

I know I have absolutely no interest in gaming on a PC again. What a pain it is to keep updating the hardware in your computer every year just to keep up not to mention the cost. I know I've been down that road before.
Console gaming has come along way and is much more convenient and cheaper than PC gaming.
I've been gaming on the PS2 PS3 PS4 and I have no plans on switching.
 
I know I have absolutely no interest in gaming on a PC again. What a pain it is to keep updating the hardware in your computer every year just to keep up not to mention the cost. I know I've been down that road before.
Console gaming has come along way and is much more convenient and cheaper than PC gaming.
I've been gaming on the PS2 PS3 PS4 and I have no plans on switching.

I still don’t know why you don’t play Project CARS 2, it fits your style more than GT does, especially since you have a wheel now. It’s more geared towards endurance races and it has more stuff to do single player
 
I still don’t know why you don’t play Project CARS 2, it fits your style more than GT does, especially since you have a wheel now. It’s more geared towards endurance races and it has more stuff to do single player
I have PCars 2 and would join you guys if you started something but TBH, I think it looks horrible and feels so different to GTS. I'm not saying the FFB is bad. It's just very different. Too much pixilation and it runs horribly. The FPS is no where near what GTS provides. Just my opinion.
 
I know I have absolutely no interest in gaming on a PC again. What a pain it is to keep updating the hardware in your computer every year just to keep up not to mention the cost. I know I've been down that road before.
Console gaming has come along way and is much more convenient and cheaper than PC gaming.
I've been gaming on the PS2 PS3 PS4 and I have no plans on switching.
I have a friend who switched to PC gaming and is having the problem you mentioned. His computer is too old for most of the newer games. So he has to wait to afford a new one. Console gaming isn't perfect but, at least the games are made for the specifically console capabilities. PC games are made for the newest computers.
 
I have a friend who switched to PC gaming and is having the problem you mentioned. His computer is too old for most of the newer games. So he has to wait to afford a new one. Console gaming isn't perfect but, at least the games are made for the specifically console capabilities. PC games are made for the newest computers.

You got that 100% right.
 
PCs aren’t so bad these days, in respect that they are so powerful they last for quite a while and sims in general aren’t that processor demanding, games are around for a lot longer on pc compared to console too. If you want to play the latest COD for example with absolute highest settings in 4K then yeah perhaps you end up upgrading.

I’m going down the PC route this year, GTS is great but as soon as you try AC or similar you realise how from an immersion/real feeling of racing how limited GTS feels. It’s got lots of sim features and it remains accessible and that’s what it’s about, I really enjoy GTS and will still continue to play it as it’s mostly about enjoying it not how real it is.

I just think GTS could do so much more, an hour long race on sport mode with normal settings would be great. I can’t see it would take too much work just to run a couple to get an idea of participation.

Console gaming is great I love it, but I want that next step towards full sim and currently console just doesn’t offer that.
 
I play GT Sport over other games racing sims because of my nostalgia. I am loyal to the franchise. I have played Gran Turismo since first game and still own all of the old full games except for PSP version.

That said no Gran Turismo Sport is not the greatest racing sim game in the world or even the greatest game in the franchise. From an experienced Gran Turismo player. This installment was meant to improve online play, graphics, and physics of the franchise a long which some other aspects, not for lots of content. Gran Turismo Sport reminds me a lot of GT3. Including the missing cars and tracks from the previous installment. They should make up for the missing content next game. Gran Turismo 2 had some 650 cars. Gran Turismo 3 had about 180 cars. Gran Turismo 4 had around 700 cars. Not all of the cars from Gran Turismo 2 returned but, there were new cars added that Gran Turismo 2 didn't have too.
 
There is no doubt the graphics from any PC game today will blow a console away. PC gaming is the on the top the best of the best.
Even if they have found ways to bring down the cost its still a massive amount of money to do it right. And by doing it right I mean building your own from the ground up to custom fit it to the games you play. Buying one off the store shelves will not cut it maybe unless your going after Alienware then your really talking about big money.

Consoles have come along way and to think I had the very first console when they came out. It was just one game pong but that one console & game created what we have today. Im still amazed how far consoles have come along and the older I get the less I want to mess with all that PC stuff.

When running a PC it almost becomes an addiction to keep upgrading it. To have the latest and greatest technology in your PC just so you can say well my PC is now this good or this fast.
I still run my flight simulators on a PC but the day someone makes a decent Simulator for the console my days of PC gaming are done all together.
 
There is no doubt the graphics from any PC game today will blow a console away. PC gaming is the on the top the best of the best.
Even if they have found ways to bring down the cost its still a massive amount of money to do it right. And by doing it right I mean building your own from the ground up to custom fit it to the games you play. Buying one off the store shelves will not cut it maybe unless your going after Alienware then your really talking about big money.

Consoles have come along way and to think I had the very first console when they came out. It was just one game pong but that one console & game created what we have today. Im still amazed how far consoles have come along and the older I get the less I want to mess with all that PC stuff.

When running a PC it almost becomes an addiction to keep upgrading it. To have the latest and greatest technology in your PC just so you can say well my PC is now this good or this fast.
I still run my flight simulators on a PC but the day someone makes a decent Simulator for the console my days of PC gaming are done all together.

Agree totally, consoles are so fantastic and what ever happens I will always have one and will always be a console gamer. I started with an Atari and I will always get the latest console out.

PC stuff is very expensive for sure, especially initial setup. But after that this hobby is cheap and you can do it from the comfort of your own home, as long as I can afford it I will have no issues getting it as I think the amount I will enjoy it and use will easily justify the expenditure.

Most hobbies are inherently expensive and because we are interested in them we want to invest in them.
 
I always tend to go way overboard when I get into a new hobby. I can never seem to start out cheap because I'm always buying the top of the line stuff when I start out.

If I had the room I would have one of those motorized sim racing seats but I just don't have anywhere to put it for now.
 
I always tend to go way overboard when I get into a new hobby. I can never seem to start out cheap because I'm always buying the top of the line stuff when I start out.

If I had the room I would have one of those motorized sim racing seats but I just don't have anywhere to put it for now.

Ha ha I’m exactly the same! I’m so fickle when it comes to this stuff, I just want the best right away, with sim racing I’ve actually been sensible. Now I know I like it I want progress it, it’s good job my Mrs reigns me in!!

VR and motion seat is on my can’t really afford wish list!!
 
Ha ha I’m exactly the same! I’m so fickle when it comes to this stuff, I just want the best right away, with sim racing I’ve actually been sensible. Now I know I like it I want progress it, it’s good job my Mrs reigns me in!!

VR and motion seat is on my can’t really afford wish list!!

I guess I didn't do to bad of a job getting into my sim racing equipment either. We definitely could have gone to the extreme in this hobby for sure. The VR will be my next new toy to buy but like you that motion seat will have to wait. Even if I did have the room it would very very hard to convince the wife to let me spend 3 grand on a seat.
If by some chance I could convince her she would have a Honey do list for me that would last over a year. Don't know if its worth all that.:lol:
 
I guess I didn't do to bad of a job getting into my sim racing equipment either. We definitely could have gone to the extreme in this hobby for sure. The VR will be my next new toy to buy but like you that motion seat will have to wait. Even if I did have the room it would very very hard to convince the wife to let me spend 3 grand on a seat.
If by some chance I could convince her she would have a Honey do list for me that would last over a year. Don't know if its worth all that.:lol:

I suppose I have a different perspective, $3K for motion seat is actually pretty reasonable, for $3K about all I can buy for the race car is a set of rear coil overs or a pair of carbon fiber doors instead of just measly fiberglass doors. ;)
When you get right down to it virtual racing is really very inexpensive when you think about how much time you get to spend on it, it's a hobby you do from inside your own home. By comparison if you wanted to go inland fishing you could spend an easy $20k to just dip your toes or $70k if you wanted the latest and greatest bass boat but then you still need gear and a tow vehicle not to mention what you spend in time and dollars when you use it. You hear GTS players talk about how expensive a wheel is but there are people that will race in 4-6 hour blocks at least a couple times a week, it starts to bring cost per use to pennies in a hurry, that sounds pretty reasonable to me and if you only play the game for 1 year you have something you should be able to unload 2nd hand and recoup some of your investment. There are people who spend $60 per month just to listen to their favorite music on their iPhones, try selling 2nd hand digital music on the free market. :eek::eek::eek:
 
I suppose I have a different perspective, $3K for motion seat is actually pretty reasonable, for $3K about all I can buy for the race car is a set of rear coil overs or a pair of carbon fiber doors instead of just measly fiberglass doors. ;)
When you get right down to it virtual racing is really very inexpensive when you think about how much time you get to spend on it, it's a hobby you do from inside your own home. By comparison if you wanted to go inland fishing you could spend an easy $20k to just dip your toes or $70k if you wanted the latest and greatest bass boat but then you still need gear and a tow vehicle not to mention what you spend in time and dollars when you use it. You hear GTS players talk about how expensive a wheel is but there are people that will race in 4-6 hour blocks at least a couple times a week, it starts to bring cost per use to pennies in a hurry, that sounds pretty reasonable to me and if you only play the game for 1 year you have something you should be able to unload 2nd hand and recoup some of your investment. There are people who spend $60 per month just to listen to their favorite music on their iPhones, try selling 2nd hand digital music on the free market. :eek::eek::eek:

Music (or, you know, any form of art, or anything with a tangible use in the real world) is 99999999999999999999999999999999999x more worth any amount of money than some garbage piece of plastic with a 1000% profit margin to play video games with a bunch of sad nerds. Don’t even say something like that again or I’m destroying you every time I see you on track and making sure you never enjoy this “hobby” again.
 
Last edited:
I suppose I have a different perspective, $3K for motion seat is actually pretty reasonable, for $3K about all I can buy for the race car is a set of rear coil overs or a pair of carbon fiber doors instead of just measly fiberglass doors. ;)
When you get right down to it virtual racing is really very inexpensive when you think about how much time you get to spend on it, it's a hobby you do from inside your own home. By comparison if you wanted to go inland fishing you could spend an easy $20k to just dip your toes or $70k if you wanted the latest and greatest bass boat but then you still need gear and a tow vehicle not to mention what you spend in time and dollars when you use it. You hear GTS players talk about how expensive a wheel is but there are people that will race in 4-6 hour blocks at least a couple times a week, it starts to bring cost per use to pennies in a hurry, that sounds pretty reasonable to me and if you only play the game for 1 year you have something you should be able to unload 2nd hand and recoup some of your investment. There are people who spend $60 per month just to listen to their favorite music on their iPhones, try selling 2nd hand digital music on the free market. :eek::eek::eek:

I've been down the owning real race cars road too and that is absolutely crazy expensive. You better be somewhat wealthy just to fund a race car at the lowest levels of racing. You better be butt ass rich to fund any Motorsports race car at the medium levels of racing. I think we all know what it takes to fund a race car at the top levels.

That was a hobby of mine for a few years until I said screw this crap and I was the one building my cars, the motors and everything else that comes with racing. Could you imagine the cost if you had to have other people building that stuff for you.
It's not a hobby for people that like money because you never have any.
 
Back