Multi Class Endurance. Catalunya. 03/11/2019.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 561 comments

Where shall we race?

• Autopolis

• Blue Moon Bay Infield A

• Catalunya

Results are only viewable after voting.
I saw him twice when he passed me. Didn't anyone inform him that is 100% power and weight? :lol: @Pigems did you do a 2 stop on RS? I stopped once at 48 mins and used RM the whole race. I figured that would give me an advantage, but you guys had too much pace to make that work. Thanks @Bivittavus88 for hosting. I look forward to doing this again. Although I may have to rethink my strategy.

I saw him twice when he passed me. Didn't anyone inform him that is 100% power and weight? :lol: @Pigems did you do a 2 stop on RS? I stopped once at 48 mins and used RM the whole race. I figured that would give me an advantage, but you guys had too much pace to make that work. Thanks @Bivittavus88 for hosting. I look forward to doing this again. Although I may have to rethink my strategy.

We had some great battles in that race, well done man!! :cheers: Yeah, I did a two stop on RS. I stoped around 30 mins in and then again at around the 60 mins mark, had to take on fuel both times as well. :)

Hot tip: messing up your pit twice in a row causing 3 pit stops in 3 laps is not a good strategy. :banghead:

Amazing race though. The time really flew by and it didn't feel like ~50 laps. Just damn good fun. What strategies did you other Gr. 3 drivers use? I did two stints of RS because they lasted just about as long as my fuel on full tilt. Then I tried a stint on RM with short shifting to see if that worked out better. Boy the Vette hates medium tires on that track. Queue above 3 lap pitstop screwup and then I finished out the race on RS with 4% fuel left at the end.

Last edited:
Awesome event so first up big thanks to @Bivittavus88 for organising and hosting this one.

Well, gosh darn it, the Jag and I became very good friends today. We had our moments of shakiness, to be sure. Some big squiggles on the mediums and a few skechy moments navigating the traffic, but I really got in the groove of balancing the beast and it turned into a super rewarding 90 minutes of driving.

Shout out to @GOTMAXPOWER who was battling me... In his gr 3 car... For around three laps at the start, as I recall. The pace you have through sectors 2 and 3 really is something to behold, mate. Hope you enjoyed the V12 noises.

@Sven Jurgens dude, that Nissan looked like a right handful. I thought I'd be in real trouble but once quali started I really noticed that extra stability the Jag had over your pick. I did my risky strategy partly because I wanted a little battle with you, but mostly because I was really starting to lose time on worn mediums.

So the strategy panned out as, start on mediums, pit and grab softs for the last 6 laps of the tank, full refill and back onto mediums, repeat 3x. Amazed to see the efficiency of the other classes... That V12 absolutely demolishes fuel.

All was well, if a little tight on the timing by my flying maths and watching the gap to Sven, but I forgot to switch to mediums on the fourth (you read correctly, fourth) stop necessitating a FIFTH pitstop with about six minutes remaining for a fresh set.

Seemed Sven had his hands full though and things panned out in my favour.

EDIT: Boy is it hilarious getting blue flagged for an LMP1 in sector three and trying to psychically communicate "listen mate, you're gonna have to wait a straight and a couple corners to get by".

But man, after a full day of physics, this was super fun and rewarding, so thanks everyone for coming! :)

That was fun, I ran into some cars lapping me and some I was lapping but mostly it was a good clean race. @Bivittavus88 was quicker on old tyres at the end of the first stint so I started short fueling which I think was the only difference between us at the end.

You don't realise how quick those hybrids are until your driving something else against them.

Great race fellas! I’m still not 100% sure that Mistah MCA was actually in that race though, I never so much as saw him once. :lol: Thanks for hosting @Bivittavus88 ! :cheers:

I can vouch for him. I saw him ....many times!

Man what a mission. Not having CSA and ASM really screwed me. The games physics are somewhat suspect on at T5. 1mm of rear tyre touching the sand and the whole car strait lines into it! In the end My goals became to finish on the same lap as I *think* it was @Kuraudo , and to unlap myself from @JoeyLeonine. I didn't pay attention to how many laps I was getting out of a tank or my lap times, so I filled a complete tank for my final pit... the correct amount of fuel may have brought me back onto the track ahead :crazy:.

I think the initial lapping took a bit of time to sort out, so the first 3 or 4 cars that passed me had me swerving all over the track trying to re-gain control after the pass. After that I think everyone worked out where to go :scared:.

I've managed to catch the entire replay. 277MB. Really sorry you couldn't get off the grid, @NoStopN. Would have been nice to have someone at my pace.

Eh, what can you do? The server thought you guys needed a break, so it told me "you do circles by the chicane". :lol:

What strategies did you other Gr. 3 drivers use? I did two stints of RS because they lasted just about as long as my fuel on full tilt. Then I tried a stint on RM with short shifting to see if that worked out better. Boy the Vette hates medium tires on that track. Queue above 3 lap pitstop screwup and then I finished out the race on RS with 4% fuel left at the end.

I was planning to start on RH/RM, but when I went out to qualify, it felt more slippery than 5 sheets of ice. Can't imagine what RH would have felt like. :eek:

What strategies did you other Gr. 3 drivers use? I did two stints of RS because they lasted just about as long as my fuel on full tilt. Then I tried a stint on RM with short shifting to see if that worked out better. Boy the Vette hates medium tires on that track. Queue above 3 lap pitstop screwup and then I finished out the race on RS with 4% fuel left at the end.
I think I 4 stopped, I did a longer stint at the start whilst the fuel was full, then 10 lap stints on softs, I think that was the point where the tyres started to drop off, most of the pitstop time is waiting on the fuel so it didn't really hurt to do more stops.

I think I 4 stopped, I did a longer stint at the start whilst the fuel was full, then 10 lap stints on softs, I think that was the point where the tyres started to drop off, most of the pitstop time is waiting on the fuel so it didn't really hurt to do more stops.

That explains you gaining time, as much as you did. I was stopping every 15 laps, running softs. But, the last two or three laps of each stint ended up being high 46/low 47.

Then I ended up in the gravel a couple of times. If I do another endurance race, I'm aiming for 30 seconds behind you.

@MaxAttack I had my hands full at first trying to get ahead of GR.3 again after spinning out lap one! I only did 2 pit stops in the end which wasn't the best strategy. My best lap was 1:37 yet on average I only did 1:40 / 1:41 trying to stay on the road and out of the way. I had forgotten how much work that car is at low speed. It needs that high speed down force to corner.

I was watching the gap to you, it was shrinking for a while, then I took a sand bath again :lol:

Cool, same here. Your FL had mine by .6, so if I had started right behind you I may have been able to stay close for a while with the draft, but I don’t think it would have made a difference, .6 is still 30s over 60 laps. :)
I think I was only able to get into 1:31 once. It was really hard to get low 1:32, high 1:31 when you had to go around traffic all the time. Depending on how much traffic was in front of me in that lap, I'd often be doing high 1:32 - 1:35.

Qyn
Hey guys, sorry I missed the race :(. Had an unexpected situation to deal with at the last minute. Just making it back home. Hope it went well for everyone :dopey:.

Well, almost everyone. I'll have to drown my sorrow in a few more daily races.

I think I was only able to get into 1:31 once. It was really hard to get low 1:32, high 1:31 when you had to go around traffic all the time. Depending on how much traffic was in front of me in that lap, I'd often be doing high 1:32 - 1:35.

Your best was a 1:31.9xx while Pigems had a 1:32.5xx. Given another 30 minutes & you might have lapped the entire field.

I was planning to start on RH/RM, but when I went out to qualify, it felt more slippery than 5 sheets of ice. Can't imagine what RH would have felt like. :eek:

I can answer that.... like 🤬! . I ran RH's the first stint till I ran out of fuel, saw how little the tyre wear was and figured I could manage RMs instead. There wasn't a huge difference, I was still all over the place!

I don't even know where Qyn is from. I wouldn't have thought about people falling asleep.

I'm about to fire up the engines. Just out of curiosity, does anyone else's PS4 go into high speed fan mode on a regular basis? Mine does it in the freakin' livery editor. :boggled: I stuck my laptop fan base under it just to be on the safe side.
I'm in Jacksonville, FL. EST. The wife even feels bad for me :lol:. Had to explain to her that it was out of our control lol.

-

I was running in the 1:35 - 1;36 during my stints on the RM while short shifting to save fuel. Which doing the math explains why you lapped me twice. The lighter fuel offset the tire wear as I was getting faster near the end of the run.

Qyn
I'm in Jacksonville, FL. EST. The wife even feels bad for me :lol:. Had to explain to her that it was out of our control lol.

I just a couple hours south of you. I was up there for Rockfest in May. Two years in a row. We camped out in the tailgaters parking lot across from the stadium. They moved it to Daytona Speedway next year on Mother's Day weekend which sucks because I have to work. :banghead:

Last edited:
S'all good, mate. Sometimes, real life is more important than trying to figure out how Mistah makes a Prius do mach 3 :lol:
I stole the battery from @Pigems :lol:

-

I was running in the 1:35 - 1;36 during my stints on the RM while short shifting to save fuel. Which doing the math explains why you lapped me twice. The lighter fuel offset the tire wear as I was getting faster near the end of the run.
Ahhh. I just went with RS and pitted when I felt like I needed to. Coincidentally, that's when I found out that I can pit anywhere after 30 minutes on that stint. :D By each 30 minutes, at least one of the tires were already close to being 50% worn. Fuel wasn't too much of an issue, but I was still shortshifting when possible, unless if I needed to pass someone.

Hot tip: messing up your pit twice in a row causing 3 pit stops in 3 laps is not a good strategy. :banghead:

Amazing race though. The time really flew by and it didn't feel like ~50 laps. Just damn good fun. What strategies did you other Gr. 3 drivers use? I did two stints of RS because they lasted just about as long as my fuel on full tilt. Then I tried a stint on RM with short shifting to see if that worked out better. Boy the Vette hates medium tires on that track. Queue above 3 lap pitstop screwup and then I finished out the race on RS with 4% fuel left at the end.

I was in the Supra.

I three stopped and did M,M,M,S with the tyres. In practising last week, I worked out that mediums would start to go off as my fuel ran out when I was driving normally - around 14 or 15 laps. I didn't really have a strategy other than that. I didn't quite put enough fuel in at my last stop, so had to manage that a little in the last few laps.

I really enjoyed the race. No major spins or off roading. I was generally on the same wavelength as the people lapping me, although I did hit a Group 1 car under braking into the hairpin.

I thought fuel and tyres at +3 is about right for 90 minutes.

Back