My Journey: 2013 US GT Academy Champion

• Thread starter GumballCGT
  • 330 comments
I was about 5 minutes late watching the round table cast - am I correct in assuming that Kaz didn't show up? Also, I did not see a round table. :P And somebody just tell me what that new track was - it looks gorgeous.

I've got a good post for you guys!

First up are some pictures of what I was up to over the weekend. But of course it wouldn't be as awesome unless there was some video! Enjoy an outside shot of the car but one with some onboard while I was piloting this beast of a car!

12180254163_81292f0114_o.jpg

12180632376_bb93c62f77_o.jpg

12180392244_940eaed8ed_o.jpg

12180620676_2f33e20321_o.jpg

12180407674_28ba31c4ee_o.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Video:

I don't turn 18 until December 2014. :indiff:

sux0rz. I can only guarantee there will be a 2014... 2015 probably depends on the TV show continuing to get picked up. Though Nick being awesome should help. So get out the pom-poms and short skirt to cheer him on. :D 👍

What's up guys? It's been a little bit since I posted. Just a quick update for you all.

Had some good seat time over the last couple days here in the UK. Wednesday was very wet (as in streams and puddles on the track) but I finally got to drive the Nissan GTR GT3 car in the wet which was quite fun! That was until I shed blew apart and across the track in front of me lol. Ended the day there. Thursday was awesome with a nice dry and sunny day. Lots of laps in the GTR and got to drive something new, a Radical SR8. It was definitely one of the craziest things I've driven so far. I feel myself getting quicker and more comfortable in the car and can't wait for the Blancpain Endurance season to start! Will be having the first official test day for Blancpain in March at Paul Ricard in France.

12524576215_7cacfe54d9_c.jpg

How pants wetting is the radical? With the 8cyl its pretty close to lmp 2 pace.

Just absolutely insane! Very quick in a straight line and the downforce is very good. I'd like to drive it on a different track on a warmer day though. It was almost freezing outside so the tires wouldn't get up to optimum temps. Kept struggling with the right front locking up due to there being quite a lack of left turns lol.

How does the real life GT3 GT-R handle and feel compared to the version in GT6?

I haven't really had time to mess around with the GT3 car to compare it. I will once I get home. I'm gonna input the same settings we had on the real car into the game and see how it compares.

What's up guys?

Headed off to France in a few hours! Will be at Paul Ricard Circuit for the first official test and media day of the Blancpain Endurance GT3 season on Tuesday and Wednesday. Should be around 47 cars/teams at the track which will be quite exciting. Glad the season is coming up quick because I'm ready to go racing already! I will hopefully be posting live updates via my athlete page on Facebook so be sure to click on the link in my signature and give me a follow. :D

115_pr5.jpg

Enjoy some point of view footage from last year! If you want...

Black stuff = good.

Green, tan, brown, or painted stuff = not good.

Also, is it weird that when I see that overhead view of Paul Ricard, I think of Martini & Rossi?

Last edited:
Congrats mate I was actually planning on trying out this year in Australia but I missed out I'm hoping next year ill be able to go to the gt Academy live event. Gives me more practice this year to be ready next year. I've Ben practicing my lap times and hope to improve on them.

Congrats mate I was actually planning on trying out this year in Australia but I missed out I'm hoping next year ill be able to go to the gt Academy live event. Gives me more practice this year to be ready next year. I've Ben practicing my lap times and hope to improve on them.
you haven't missed the online part yet. that only starts in April. And there are still plenty more Live events coming up too.

Latest Posts

Back