My Journey: 2013 US GT Academy Champion

• Thread starter GumballCGT
  • 330 comments
Bronze test finished up about an hour ago. Went out first with a downpour going on so everyone was being very cautious. Lots of cars off and multiple red flags still. Unfortunate incident for our sister car #35 but should be ready to go for tomorrow. Not much time for everyone in the car but was still nice to get a few laps in. Hopefully it will be drier for the weekend! I don't think the GTR was made to be a boat but she pushes through the water quite well.

And yes there will be live streams off the racing and practice sessions this weekend! We have cameras in my car as well so there might be live onboard footage as well! Check out NISMO.TV and the Blancpain GT site for coverage.

Lack of a Facebook account is probably why you have the time and concentration to have gotten so damn fast doodle. :lol:
I think I'm one of the only people at my school that doesn't have one. Although my school is very small.

Back on topic though, good luck Nick! :cheers:

Hope you guys are enjoying the updates during the race weekend!

Today didn't quite go as well as planned but we did get some dry-ish running in! First practice Alex Buncombe went out in the car to start the session but after a couple laps it was decided the rain was far too bad to go out for all the teams which pretty much ended that session.

Second practice session went much better with some sun trying to pop out and dry the track up for us. First half of the session was a fairly damp track but second part we had a mainly dry track and were able to throw some slicks on. Felt good to finally run the full GP circuit in almost all dry conditions, at least for the 3 laps I got till the end of the session. All in all enjoyed the running we got today although limited. Looking forward to tomorrow and going racing!

Catch qualifying and racing live tomorrow on NISMO.TV! Also, watch the highlights from the race on CBS Sports Network channel 221 and channel 158 on DISH at 2pm(PST).

For live
Qualifying - 1:00am(PST)
Race - 6:55am(PST)

14070730800_7a64a79d9d_z.jpg

14070683039_d152a75071_z.jpg

14257989294_9722dc4983_z.jpg

Just found this NISMO live garage cam:LIVE: GT-R NISMO GT3 Garage Cam - Blancpain Endur…:

Nick, you should totally wave at your adoring fans (if you've got a break in race prep, lol). I'm sure the mechanics won't think you're weird...

Congrats Nick on your amazing victory! :cheers:

Nice work on your interview, you've got good presence on camera, and good work mentioning how all the laps at Silverstone in GTA helped you prepare for the real race. :cool:
Great driving Nick, you're making us all proud! :gtpflag:

Back