My Journey: 2013 US GT Academy Champion

• Thread starter GumballCGT
  • 330 comments
you haven't missed the online part yet. that only starts in April. And there are still plenty more Live events coming up too.

Thanks thought I'd missed it because I had only heard about the one in Melbourne. I will partake in the online event and When the next live events come up i will go to them.

Hey Nick, you are my most recent project. I wanted to do a GT Academy edit and when I saw the final 2013 episode, that was it. Thought you would like to see this. Good luck. I have this posted in a few Photomode forums.

...and just like that, the race was over. If you didn't get a chance to see the final episode of the 2013 GT Academy Championship, well, here is your chance. Just in case, SPOILER ALERT, watch the video. It was an almost certainty Christopher Hill, car 33, was going to get the win, he dominated the whole race. Outback, Nick McMillen in car 28, had a lousy start and dropped to 3rd. He eventually persevered, quickly reached 2nd and gaining steadily on Chris. Although, Nick was slightly faster than Chris, it would be another thing to pass him in the last lap. Only thing to do is to keep on the pressure, wait for a mistake and have the win come to him…and then it happened.

Last edited:
I'd like to thank all the guys at S.N.A.I.L. Spec Racing for all the awesome support they've given me since before winning GT Academy. I'd also like to welcome them as my first sponsor outside of all the GT Academy stuff!

I stumbled upon this group of guys (now the largest online Gran Turismo racing league I know of) almost 2 years ago when I joined a random online spec race on Gran Turismo. Been hooked ever since and it helped me improve a ton after failing to go to Silverstone in 2012 when I couldn't get to the final round at national finals. I put in a year's worth of fun and work racing many Sunday nights in my spare room to what helped lead me to racing a Nissan NISMO GTR GT3 around the world. Whether it's to improve your Gran Turismo skills for GT Academy or just for the fun of it I recommend checking them out. I still race from time to time so you might see me around when I've got a free Sunday night. Thank you again guys!

You can check them out by clicking the S.N.A.I.L. Spec Racing link in my signature.

13853496133_45b3119617_c.jpg

P.S. I will have a Monza race update this week at some point.

Last edited:
All hail S.N.A.I.L. power! :bowdown:

Great racing at Monza, Nick! I was able to catch the last hour or so of it and always anticipated an appearance of that Nissan NISMO GT3 GT-R. I look forward to the rest of the series! :D:cheers:

I should probably check them out. I'm not as fast as I need to be.
It actually doesn't matter, they are a huge group with several divisions and will place you with others of similar speed. I don't get to their races much anymore but it is a great group and I love that they run stock cars so you don't need to spend a tone of time tuning before any event. Even just joining for the practice nights is great fun.

Question. How does the real life Monza compare to the Monza you remember from GT5/6?

I'd say the GT6 version is quite good! To my surprise the track was actually quite narrow which is something that is hard to grasp in the game. Curbs are pretty similar but obviously they effect the real car quite a lot (at least in the GTR) compared to the game. But, all the corners, speed, etc. cross over quite well to the real thing. I don't know how much better the game could get in being "more real."

How's the GT-R in GT6 compare to the real life one?

Also, congrats on Monza:tup:. I'm still amazed that you can go from playing GT, to racing professionally:eek:.

Headed off to the UK today! Have a week of physical training in preparation for round two of the Blancpain Endurance Series! The second event will be held at Silverstone so we should be quick there considering it's our home track and we've had probably hundreds of laps around the place. Looking forward to it!

Check out my photos from Laguna Seca from the Tudor races to hold you over for a little bit :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/113022284@N05/sets/72157644540168092/

Headed off to the UK today! Have a week of physical training in preparation for round two of the Blancpain Endurance Series! The second event will be held at Silverstone so we should be quick there considering it's our home track and we've had probably hundreds of laps around the place. Looking forward to it!

Check out my photos from Laguna Seca from the Tudor races to hold you over for a little bit :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/113022284@N05/sets/72157644540168092/

Dude, I just wanna say how awesome it is that you keep up with these posts even as you continue your professional racing career. Good job on the GT Academy times too! Racing in a real car doesn't seem to have diminished your virtual skills, lol.

Did you practice on GT6? ;)

Round two of the Blancpain Endurance Series begins tomorrow at Silverstone! Excited to be back in the car after a month away and get back at it. Be sure to follow the#eatsleepRACErepeat hashtag on all social media fronts for all things Nissan racing for this summer where you can see pics, status updates, videos, and more that will be posted along the way.

Timetable in PST
--------------------
Bronze Test: 8:45am
Friday, 23 May

Free practice: 1:00am
Saturday, 24 May

Pre-Qualifying Practice: 4:50am
Saturday, 24 May

Qualifying Practice: 1:00am
Sunday, 25 May

Main Race: 6:55am
Sunday, 25 May

14245547794_23dfffcb0a_o.jpg

Blancpain GT, F1, Indy 500, and NASCAR... What a great day for racing it will be this Sunday!

Best of luck to you man! Show the world how tough are the SNAIL drivers! :D

Back