My motorsport drawings

• Thread starter Klem
  • 358 comments
Have you considered selling these? I'm sure there's an audience somewhere. :)

Rothmans 961 is ok but just a "port" (speaking in gaming terms :D ) from a certain Dakar car the former Mr. Le Mans took to victory. (confusing, isn't it? ;) )

Now, the mother of all Le Mans 911s, the whole deal of epicness and awesomeness embodied ... is the Martini 935. Now THAT is a car. And I agree with Scapegoat, Klem got it particularly right, I'm just not sure if TOYOTA had advertising boards at Le Mans in those years :)

The car, however, is spot on, as can be seen comparing Klem's artistic creation with this picture:

1976_Porsche_935_001_4361.jpg

Congrats! 👍

Hey, any "port" that can dominate Dakar and manage 7th place overall at Le Mans is quite a worthy racing vehicle in my books...maybe the Bo Jackson of motorsport?

A pity the 961 was so short-lived.

Now, the mother of all Le Mans 911s, the whole deal of epicness and awesomeness embodied ... is the Martini 935. Now THAT is a car. And I agree with Scapegoat, Klem got it particularly right, I'm just not sure if TOYOTA had advertising boards at Le Mans in those years :)

I am glad you like the drawing. The scene itself is actually from Watkins Glen race, i was thinking of leaving the Toyota sign out but i decided against it, because of historic accuracy. :)

I have to just say that i just looked through your whole thread at once and every piece of yours made me :drool:.

Congratulations, You have an amazing talent:tup:.

Do you take requests? I'd love to see a James Hunt's McLaren M23, with Niki Lauda close behind in the rain.

^Same.
I was wondering if a 787b is ever going to be in the works.
Because I would be VERY interested in hanging it from my wall.

Sorry guys, i don't do requests, except if you would like to have a commission drawing done. On the positive side, i am planing to do a Mazda 787 drawing soon. ;)

Back