my new videos better than most of here posted

• Thread starter rockman229
  • 95 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
With most people if their skills aren't that great I'd use some careful wording and be sure to be tactful, but with the kind of entrance you tried to make, I'll make an exception in your case...

Basically, that was horrid. You barely drifted any of the corners, didn't hold the drift for very long, and when you had decent angle you lost it half way through. You drove straight through plenty of corners. And then you come in here trying to drift an FF, please. Then you can't even spell, and you're apparently trying to make a point to somebody, but in case you hadn't noticed....

You FAILED....get out mah house...

"my new videos better than most of here posted"

show-off you, videos old posted now.

Welcome to GTPlanet, and try not to step on too many positive toes.

Thank you, for wasting my time. That was so horrible. I knew you sucked as soon as saw the car you decided to drive, and the manner in which you drove it. You drove straight through many corners as Loon had said, and even when you accomplished a drift [which you barely did] you had a horrible snapback when you tried to exit the drift. Don't try to come in here and say you're better than everyone else, because bottomline, you're not, especially with an FF.

P.s. Noone likes an elitist.

Man, as soon as I saw the S.S. Trueno, I knew the video was going to be bad. NO offense to the car, but so many people new to drifting use it. When I saw the Integra, I thought even worse. I was thinking, "This guy can berely drift a Trueno, how is he supposed to drift FF?" Drifting FF is not as hard as people make it out to be, but still. Big failure here.

I think all the people who previously posted would agree that we probably would have given you welcoming tips, and criticism, If it were not for the fact that you claim to have "some of the best videos up here."

You know what Famine, I think he did. He did a horrible job of it too. Then he masked the regular game music with stuff from Initial D.
I agree with Blitz, if he had came in here and asked for some help or constructive criticism we would have given it to him. Hell even if he came in and said "Hey guys check out my drift videos" that would've yielded better results than what his topic started out as.

So dam cocky when
1st You filmed Your tv
2nd Your not the best drifter
3rd Your calling out people
4th Rename your video to my videos are worst then everyone else's on here

A better way u could have started was thanks guys for the constructive criticism and here are some videos I made that could have made this topic a million times better

Its not really Cocky but like mostly everyone said" If he doesn't ask or search for anything, we can't help him to get better" Though I wouldn't say he sucks because we were all like that until we asked. His English may a bit low on the side or may he is just plain ignorant and stubborn. I use to film my TV before I got the capture card. And the Eurobeat music just somewhat worst. Go back to basics man, Go read the Stickies and use the PM system or Search Bar. GTX: Please don't get too lazy with the English language. I want to STRESS out that PEOPLE should make ONE thread for their videos. Go back to basics and spend more time on it.

The drifting was downright terrible, there was no editing, there was no quality, and I do mean that, NO quality, you can only get away with filming a TV when its HD.

You have a long way to go to be considered a serious drifter let alone video editor.

Wow I didn't even watch the second vid, but now that I have, give up drifting, you CANNOT drift an FF car that is not a drift a drift is mantaining a loss of traction at the rear wheels to carry through a corner in a sideways motion, something an FF car cannot do, FF powerslide, using momentum to go sideways as long as possible through a corner until traction is regained.

I hate using this term but I've never seen a better example to use it. You fail.

Wow I didn't even watch the second vid, but now that I have, give up drifting, you CANNOT drift an FF car that is not a drift a drift is mantaining a loss of traction at the rear wheels to carry through a corner in a sideways motion, something an FF car cannot do, FF powerslide, using momentum to go sideways as long as possible through a corner until traction is regained.

I resent that. Try this and then tell me that. Drifting FF is not as hard as you people think. :sly:

Not true, FF drifting is not assdragging if you've tuned the car right it will lose traction all on its own and no handbrake will need to be applied. FF drifting requires a different skillset that not many people know how to use.

Not true, FF drifting is not assdragging if you've tuned the car right it will lose traction all on its own and no handbrake will need to be applied. FF drifting requires a different skillset that not many people know how to use.
Then it's just sliding IMO. I think drifting can only be called drifting when done with RWD or AWD cars.

Yours VS Mine
Yours

Mine

Quality=little better (used cellphone to record, all i had)
Drifting=not bad, owned you
Ranking=probably low

If your going to put up drifting videos and call them the best, make sure they don't get owned by the one I have above. Seriously, getting owned by THAT video is pretty bad.

Then it's just sliding IMO. I think drifting can only be called drifting when done with RWD or AWD cars.

Thinking and knowing are completely different things. Sliding would mean you'd come to a stop eventually. Drifting in an FF which is possible, as I've said before requires a different skill set. Drifting is defined by wikipedia as "A car is said to be drifting when the rear slip angle is greater than the front slip angle, and the front wheels are pointing in the opposite direction to the turn (e.g. car is turning left, wheels are pointed right or vice versa), and the driver is controlling these factors."
So there.

Thinking and knowing are completely different things. Sliding would mean you'd come to a stop eventually. Drifting in an FF which is possible, as I've said before requires a different skill set. Drifting is defined by wikipedia as "A car is said to be drifting when the rear slip angle is greater than the front slip angle, and the front wheels are pointing in the opposite direction to the turn (e.g. car is turning left, wheels are pointed right or vice versa), and the driver is controlling these factors."
So there.
Owned!:scared:

So there.

Saying "I think" is another way of saying in my opinion. So he thinks, feels, in his mind, that drifting can only be accomplished by RWD and AWD cars.

And its hard to countersteer in a FWD, usually results in the car going back in the wrong direction.

Saying "I think" is another way of saying in my opinion. So he thinks, feels, in his mind, that drifting can only be accomplished by RWD and AWD cars.

And its hard to countersteer in a FWD, usually results in the car going back in the wrong direction.

True, but I didn't see anywhere in the thread asking for his opinion on FF drifting.
And again, Loon you are correct about it being hard to control an FF, which is why I say it again, FF drifting requires a different skill set, most people will not like the extra effort to control the car.

I resent that. Try this and then tell me that. Drifting FF is not as hard as you people think. :sly:

Awesome you have a tune, but I never said it was easy, or hard, I said its not drifting, its powersliding. You stated the car breaks traction on its own, thats great, but it's not a drift since you are not maintaining the loss of traction, momentum is the only thing keeping you sideways.

I'm amazed Soulless, you managed to ignore about 7 posts to find the one you liked. Did you not want to admit that you're wrong?

Exactly. You can't countersteer while "drifting" in an FF. I've done it personally in my car plenty of times. In order to keep it going you have to keep the wheels straight and use the gas to pull the car forward. If you don't use the gas the car won't go forward and just slide sideways, but if you countersteer and use the gas the car regains grip and snaps the other way.

And you don't have to stop just because you're sliding.

And I feel it's easier to "drift" (as you call it) my FF than a RWD car. Yes I've done both. To "drift" my car I just have to brake hard into a corner and the back slides out, then I just hit the gas. On a rwd, you have to control both the throttle input and steering. Quit being so big-headed.

@Soulessvessel: You can't powerslide an ff. The reason it's called a powerslide is because you use to power to induce oversteer. Stomping the gas in an FF just shifts all the weight to the back and overloads the front tires, making understeer, not oversteer.

You are right about maintaining the loss of traction though, an ff can't continue a drift once it's momentum is gone, which is why I called it sliding. You just throw the car into a corner and force it to lose traction, and then grip whenever it loses the momentum, you can't maintain it forever like it's possible to in a RWD or AWD.

Well, the fight between either that FF DriveTrain is consider drifting is another topic. It really matters on opinion because Drifting in General is the "Art of getting sideways".

Well, the fight between either that FF DriveTrain is consider drifting is another topic. It really matters on opinion because Drifting in General is the "Art of getting sideways".

Nk4e, maybe we should point people towards that?
FF drifting discussion is right here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74809
If you'd like to argue about whether or not its drifting go there instead. This thread is about how much rockman's videos suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back