Nürburgring Endurance Series

• Thread starter Ak1504
  • 243 comments
I can't imagine the exhaustion.

View attachment 1258226
I did it multiple times. Big annoyance for us teammembers was also the late starting time of 4 pm local (on one of my 24s it was 5 pm) while our Saturday starts at 6-7 am and we already had Wednesday - Friday 6/7 am - 12 pm. Was absolutely common to be home after the race on Monday at 2-3 am and haven't really slept since 6 am Saturday. Completely trashed the whole week afterwards.
Does anybody know who is that ‘Nora’ that popped on the global livestream ~10 minutes ago? I missed the commentary if it did say anything about that.
Didn't saw it but good chances it hommaged Thomas Anders from german 80s Pop-Duett Modern Talking who wore a Nora-chain (his first wife) during shows.

nora.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully the Ferrari wins this. It should, but could, would, should are not will.

Last edited:
Boo to BMW. And Mercedes and Audi. It is TIME something not German wins this race. Every GT3 race has been won by a German car.

Didn't saw it but good chances it hommaged Thomas Anders from german 80s Pop-Duett Modern Talking who wore a Nora-chain (his first wife) during shows.
I don’t think it is. I just looked up both the birthdays of Anders and his first wife, and neither matched the date of the N24. The screen read “Happy Birthday Nora”, so I’ll have to suppose that it’s some fan-requested content. Still, thanks for the response. 👍

Here’s a screengrab for anyone that’s both confused and interested (even if that includes only me :P):

IMG_3903.jpeg

Boo to BMW. And Mercedes and Audi. It is TIME something not German wins this race. Every GT3 race has been won by a German car.
Even if that happens, the Ferrari has shown some serious pace so far I reckon it can be a big contender in future.

I don’t think it is. I just looked up both the birthdays of Anders and his first wife, and neither matched the date of the N24. The screen read “Happy Birthday Nora”, so I’ll have to suppose that it’s some fan-requested content. Still, thanks for the response. 👍

Here’s a screengrab for anyone that’s both confused and interested (even if that includes only me :P):

View attachment 1258274
Ok, no backstory, just someone of the TV crew has her birthday.

Congratulations to Frikadelli.
Achieve victory without any support from Ferrari, they have a lot of merit.

I have noticed that two GM factory drivers (Catsburg, Bamber) have won. Will they come back next year with Corvette?

Also note that the last non-German car to win was Oreca's developed Viper, now the Ferrari made by Oreca take the win.

Ok, no backstory, just someone of the TV crew has her birthday.
That’s so random to put in a live stream 🤣 Must be a nice surprise for Nora. Thanks.

———

Excellent win by Frikadelli and Ferrari. There were no freak accidents making the race to the end a sprint (gotta admit I kinda wished for that under my heart despite rooting for the Ferrari :scared:), but it’s been a satisfying edition of the 1st-placed 24 hour race in my heart.

Now, let’s see if Le Mans can topple that…

Congratulations to Frikadelli.
Achieve victory without any support from Ferrari, they have a lot of merit.

I have noticed that two GM factory drivers (Catsburg, Bamber) have won. Will they come back next year with Corvette?

The commentary team talked a bit about this. It's sounding like there may be plans for GM to run the race in 2025 with a factory-backed C8 GT3. With any luck we'll hopefully see Ford with the Mustang GT3 by that time as well.

Last edited:
The commentary team talked a bit about this. It's sounding like there may be plans for GM to run the race in 2025 with a factory-backed C8 GT3. With any luck we'll hopefully see Ford with the Mustang GT3 by that time as well.
Yeah I think they said Corvette might try and run a late season NLS race next year.

I saw very little of the race live this year, as I was busy all weekend with family and other commitments.

I watched the highlights on YT, though unfortunately the thumbnail I saw on the first video was of the winners on the podium :ouch:

I'm going to the Spa24h next month and can't wait, although I do expect it to be quite hard work - even though I am only spectating :lol:

I would love to visit the Nurburgring and the 24h would be my first choice of events to see - however it does look like it could be quite tricky to get a decent vantage point without being surrounded by massive encampments of gazebos, tents and motorhomes - but it would be great to experience that... I'll see how Spa goes first before booking any tickets though!

Last edited:
Finally, someone stopped the German monopoly, moreover, unlike many semi-factory German teams, it was a customer team without factory drivers)))

I wonder in what century the Ferrari 296GT3 will be added to the Gran Turismo?)))

Last edited:
Back