Nürburgring Night Racing Shown Off in GT Sport Gamescom Teaser

Urrrrghhh the sound.... i duno what's missing, it still just sounds so sterile and not atmospheric at all. The cars just don't sound fearsome like their real life counterparts. Needs more oomph.

I think one issue is that in real life, race car engine sounds don't usually swell as smoothly or in a smooth linear fashion, giving them a more animalistic voice with their coughs/sputters/backfires/vibrations. + a lot more non-car sounds

Last edited:
Wait, there was night footage in this?

I was too amazed by the BMW using its indicators to notice anything else.

Seriously, you've got to give it to PD, they seem to have got night racing down.

One can only dream of when the day comes and it's dynamic again, but oh well, part of the trade-off, I guess.

Last edited:
It looks amazing. I really like the new lighting source, it's awesome. I just wished that the headlights would light up more of the road in front of the car, it doesn't seem to be 300-500 meters.

I did not expect to see this, what more do Polyphony Digital have in store for us, we will see, but I like it.:bowdown:👍

giphy.gif

:(:(:( Why is the car moving up and down like that? And why is the light not even on the surface?

giphy.gif

:(:(:( Why is the car moving up and down like that? And why is the light not even on the surface?

I think the car is going up and down because of surface irregularities probably.

On the light not being even, that's quite a detail...and a very good one IMO. If the car is turning to the left, the right hand light will be closer to the road surface, illuminating a smaller area while the left hand light will do the exact opposite (maybe not as much as in the gif, but it would happen). Also it looks like there's a slight banking on the inside of the corner, making the light (left hand side) on the road look wider that what it would if the road was 100% flat.

Another point is that cars in GT had also this issue where sometimes they look they're floating above the road surface somehow. That's what I take from that gif.

I'm going to agree with those who said that it looked very good or amazing. But I notice one thing: The computers acted like they were being lapped by the Audi R8 LMS. It is possible to notice not only by their behavior but by observing them using their side lights. If in the whole "campaign"/career they are going to act like that, then the campaign will be very boring. It is even scarier for offliners or half offliners to think that the computer in arcade mode might have the same behavior, acting like it is being lapped.

The computer at GT5 wasn't as bad as it looks but it used to have the same behavior in the campaign: In the whole campaign, at least in some versions, the computer acted as if it was being lapped, which made the AÍ looks stupid. But when you played the arcade mode with proper configuration (maximum aggressiveness and proper cars on the grid) it looked like as if it was a completely different AÍ. The AI in GT5 and 6 aren't as bad as they seem, but PD keeps setting them as they were being lapped, just to help out the noobs and make every intermediate and advanced drivers either bored or mad.

I think the car is going up and down because of surface irregularities probably.

On the light not being even, that's quite a detail...and a very good one IMO. If the car is turning to the left, the right hand light will be closer to the road surface, illuminating a smaller area while the left hand light will do the exact opposite (maybe not as much as in the gif, but it would happen). Also it looks like there's a slight banking on the inside of the corner, making the light (left hand side) on the road look wider that what it would if the road was 100% flat.

You might be seeing the little fog lights reflecting off the road surface and giving the illusion that the light is floating, but it definitely isn't floating :)

OHHHHH! :dopey::dopey::dopey:
And here I thought it was another bug/error by PD since the game track is smooth.

That's the thing about GT Sport - It's all about how it looks. Everything else is secondary.

It's so far behind much of the competition in areas that actually matter, instead of the fact that you can now get a *******g Ferrari in the correct red, that it is becoming embarrassing. 4 years in the making?? Jesus.

I've preordered it to keep my collection up to date, but I'm not looking forward to it half as much as PC2.

That's the thing about GT Sport - It's all about how it looks. Everything else is secondary.

It's so far behind much of the competition in areas that actually matter, instead of the fact that you can now get a *******g Ferrari in the correct red, that it is becoming embarrassing. 4 years in the making?? Jesus.

I've preordered it to keep my collection up to date, but I'm not looking forward to it half as much as PC2.

I agree. Even FM7 seems more complete than GTS at this round. I will wait reviews for GTS before considering the idea to buy it.

Back