NASCAR 2012 Thread

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 9,370 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl Edwards has announced that he will not be running in the Nationwide Series this year. That would be a good seat to fill for Vickers.

I kind of figured this would happen once the 1 series rule was announced, the only reason there was still Cup drivers in Nationwide last year was because sponsorship was already set up. Glad to see that Nationwide is becoming a feeder series again. I think the Truck series will still get some Cup drivers though due to it being a completely different product.

Really the only problem is that ratings will be down(It's a feeder series, ratings aren't expected to be high anyways), but it will give fans a chance to get to know other drivers other than Cup drivers. Granted that is once Danica goes Cup full time.:P

Agreed. I hate the 2 car tango (couples dance, whatever to call it). I miss the pack racing.

The only problem with pack racing is that a small mistake turns into a field destroying pileup.

(which is only a bad thing when your favorite drivers are in it) :P

Pardon the double post, but THIS is how we do NASCAR in Colorado! :P

405854_10150505714607655_91104792654_9070271_770095265_n.jpg

That's pretty awesome seeing snow tires on a cup car.

Looks like Kyle and Kurt will be sharing a NNS ride this season for KBM. I'd link the news from the KBM website but it won't load for me.

That's pretty awesome seeing snow tires on a cup car.

Looks like Kyle and Kurt will be sharing a NNS ride this season for KBM. I'd link the news from the KBM website but it won't load for me.

Well it would have helped if they had the snow tires for:
Bristol a few years ago and Atlanta in the Spring of 1993 :lol:

Kyle and Kurt will be running this car:
54-monster-right.jpg

Judging by the KBM truck team's success, this could spell trouble for all other teams.

Except the 22 and BK.

ICEYOU
This is Gordon's YEAR! Strive for Five!

I hope that he and Alan do better in the chase this year because last year he was among the favorites going in and then he lost all of his momentum. I do see him getting several wins again this year atleast.

Nice! Definitely a step in the right direction. Can't wait to see what Chevy, Toyota and Dodge come up with. 👍

Looks like an Aston from the front :drool: However, one of the massive mistakes NASCAR/The manufacturers have always made, in my opinion, is basing their race cars off of crappy street cars (e.i. the Camry, Impala, Fusion). Dodge has it okay, but everyone else... well, not so much. The real Ford Fusion that the 2013 prototype is based off of is one of the worst looking, under achieving, underpowered, vanilla, and most useless new car I've ever seen. In fact the real one is so ugly I decided to contain it in the link I posted below so that you may view at your own risk.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/var/ezf...S/spy-ford-fusion-005_gallery_image_large.jpg

Looks like an Aston from the front :drool: However, one of the massive mistakes NASCAR/The manufacturers have always made, in my opinion, is basing their race cars off of crappy street cars (e.i. the Camry, Impala, Fusion). Dodge has it okay, but everyone else... well, not so much. The real Ford Fusion that the 2013 prototype is based off of is one of the worst looking, under achieving, underpowered, vanilla, and most useless new car I've ever seen. In fact the real one is so ugly I decided to contain it in the link I posted below so that you may view at your own risk.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/var/ezf...S/spy-ford-fusion-005_gallery_image_large.jpg

This might be the first time in the aero era of NASCAR that the race car looks better than the street car. :crazy:

The picture he linked is of the rear and it might be a bit bland but the sculpting and brake light decals on the Cup car look a bit better than the street car.

I don't think Chevy has debuted their 2013 Impala yet and I don't think Dodge or Toyota will have redesigned models out as they just brought out refreshes within the last year or so. Will be interested to see how those look compared to the Ford.

Looks fine to me?

Same here. As far as a NASCAR racecar loking better then the Street car, Does the Charger or Fusion not count? Willing to bet the Camry will look just as good as the 2013 Ford Fusion.

So, am I correct in thinking that the 2013 cars will actually perform quite a bit differently from the current models? Un-flattening the sides and the rear seems like quite a big step (at least symbolically) in the direction of "stock." I'm very curious to see how the new aerodynamics will affect the cars' behavior, especially in traffic.

Seems NASCAR are progressively turning the cars similar to the old pre-COT cars, less boxy. Also that rear end seems a little less friendly to bump drafters...

Oh my. For the first time ever, I'm gonna say that is one sexy NASCAR stock car.

That looks mean, hopefully the other 3 put as much effort into their new cars(kind of worried about Dodge continuing to be honest).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back