NASCAR 2012 Thread

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Furinkazen, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkeye122

hawkeye122

Ahhh! In black it looks even better!

2. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Nice pictures. The Fusion looks simply awesome in black.

3. Northstar

Northstar Premium

We may find out what the others look like soon.

I hope Chevy goes with the Malibu, would look awesome.

[​IMG]

4. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

Chevy originally used the Malibu on the COT but decided the Impala would be better as it was in direct market competition with what the other manufacturers were using.

That headlight looks like an odd mashup of a M-B and a BMW.

5. Snaeper

Snaeper Premium

I understand and appreciate that people are entitled to their opinions, but looking at the picture you posted... I know you HAVE to be a troll. The new Fusion looks like a budget Aston Martin, which isn't a bad thing in my opinion. All the sedans are going to four cylinders and what better engine to have than Ford's 2.0 Ecoboost? You really consider this car to be vanilla? When I look at what it's up against, this is one of the most exciting and captivating-ly styled mid-size sedans that's going to hit the market. But it's all opinion.

Oh and that picture is a European Mondeo-bodied test mule, which really makes me wonder if you're being serious? Text doesn't always transfer humor well, so forgive me.

They never used the Malibu. They switched from the Monte Carlo to the Impala SS and then from the Impala SS to the Impala.

6. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

Guess I'm wrong. I thought they did.

7. Rossell2

Rossell2

Thats the last generation Mondeo:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^^The real deal.

Edit: I didn't see your post Snaeper. Sorry.

8. Furi

Furi Premium

9. zippy_the_cat

zippy_the_cat

Badass is the word I'd use. :cool:

10. Harley45

Harley45 Premium

Wow I really hope the 2013 Cars get to look like that , that New Car Shape is way better than the Current Boxy thing on wheels

Just a Shame at some point they'll be in the pits gettting hit with Deadblow Hammers an covered in Gaffa Tape after a wreck :p

11. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

They may have sold aston martin to TATA, but they still take design ques from them :sly:

This is what I've been saying the cup cars should look like, they look like a race variant of their road car counter parts. It is great to see this.

12. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

Wow, that's a great-looking car.

13. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

I know right, and you saying it makes me (seriously) feel good about Nascar. Finally we have stock cars that actually look like the production model. Now I wont have to keep saying how Nascar should follow the stock car model of V8 Supercars.

14. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

There's been a bit of talk in Australia recently that the Ford Falcon and Holden Commodore could be discontinued because they're simply not selling. I don't think they really have a replacement vehicle in mind, but I could see the Fusion coming over here (possibly rebadged as something else). It would look good as a V8 Supercar, even if it can only be bought in an inline-four.

15. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

I didn't know that about both of them. I guess gas is just too much to keep them around.

16. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

Aston Martin was bought by David Richards, it was JLR that was sold to Tata.

17. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

I read an article the other day that said Ford is sticking with the RWD Falcon for at least another 5 years.

18. Snaeper

Snaeper Premium

And I heard that the Commodore might be going more upmarket, since it might be using Cadillac underpinnings (if it wants to stay RWD) and since the expensive/high performance Commodore's are the ones that haven't seen a sales decrease.

Time will tell!

19. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

GOTMAXPOWER thanks, I get them mixed up from time to time. Either way the new ford looks like it could be an aston or jag, they both have that cat fish like front end.

20. Northstar

Northstar Premium

Elliott Sadler will be in the 33 for the 500 with Brendan Gaughan doing races 2-5. Guessing plans after that depend on sponsors.

Really was hoping Vickers would be in the car, really hope he can find a ride but it's looking doubtful.:nervous:

21. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Pretty sure him driving immaturely didn't really help his case.

22. Blitz24

Blitz24 Premium

Vickers will have to humble himself more than Kurt Busch is doing in order to get a ride. He may be better off going to the trucks.

23. Cale

Cale Premium

Ugh I'm so excited. CAN IT BE FEBRUARY YET PLEASE?

24. Northstar

Northstar Premium

Thankfully the 24 is this weekend or I would go insane from the waiting.:lol:

25. plate88

plate88 Premium

I know. Daytona not till last weekend in February, ugh. Why is it so late? Did they lose some off weekends? Haven't checked schedule.

26. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Why? Vickers acts like he's some great driver out there but has hardly anything to show for it. Him going out and making a crash fest two races in a row along with his attitude about it doesn't do him any favors. I've watched Vicker from his start all the way back at Hendrick and he's been quite sub-par.

27. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Same here. The season can not start soon enough for me.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  28. Northstar

Northstar Premium

I'm fully aware he is nothing more than a mid-pack driver who occasionally has a good run, he is surely better than Brendan Gaughan though who hasn't done worth noticing outside of the truck series.

29. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

I have to agree with you there, but there are plenty of other drivers that would be a great pick, especially some of the younger guys like Dillon.

30. Blitz24

Blitz24 Premium

Gaughan brings a sponsor, Vickers apparently would drive sponsors away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.