NASCAR 2012 Thread

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 9,370 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
have to say i really like jimmie johnson's new paint scheme for 2012

48lowes-diecast.jpg

p11337840dt__23616_zoom.jpg

I'm not at all a fan of Jimmie, but I'm definitely a fan of that paint scheme.

have to say i really like jimmie johnson's new paint scheme for 2012

I much prefer the Black livery. I agree with Justin the racing stripes don't really work with that shade of blue.

The photo doesn't give his actual car justice. The actual car is the same blue that's been used on his car for the past 11 years.

no it's not

images

blue on the new paint scheme is much lighter

EDIT: I take that back. just saw his car live for the first time and it is indeed the dark blue

Last edited:
speaking of johnson.. this just in

#DAYTONA500 opening day inspection issue with C-posts #48 car - modification to area that is not permitted. #NASCAR confiscated C-posts... .and is allowing team to fix that area. #NASCAR will address any further actions coming out of #DAYTONA500.

oh chad what are we going to do with you lol

ICEYOU
Shootout practice is tonight on SPEED!!

Yup, just watched some of it and they're wrecking already.:lol:

Ready to watch the Shootout and see how this Superspeedway package changes the racing.

Well there you fans. Now we are back at the old style where when one person screws up, anyone nearby is screwed as well:indiff:

At least the 2-car tandom lessened the amount of cars involved, which I preferred.

Also, today's receiver for the Wreck Avoidance Challenge Award is Jeff Gordon.

RACECAR
Well there you fans. Now we are back at the old style where when one person screws up, anyone nearby is screwed as well:indiff:

You're right. I think we're going to get the big packs again. Meh. Just a faster freight train now. Haha.

Somehow Jeff still got minor damage from it.

That wreck wouldn't have happened if they weren't constantly pushing. It's not the large packs, it's when they get paired up, which is what Kurt and Tony were at the time.

The only solution is to reduce the aerodynamic ability of the cars in a way that they can't drive right against the bumper of the car ahead of them.

Probably from transitioning from the banking to the apron.

On SPEED they said he barely got in to the rear of the 2. I never noticed it in the many replays because I was always focused on Kurt getting spun into Kyle. :lol:

At least the 2-car tandom lessened the amount of cars involved, which I preferred.

Also, today's receiver for the Wreck Avoidance Challenge Award is Jeff Gordon.

2 car tandem was boring as hell.

the reason why restrictor plate racing used to be so fun is because there was a chance of a major wreck every lap. hopefully pack racing is here to stay again

2 car tandem was boring as hell.

the reason why restrictor plate racing used to be so fun is because there was a chance of a major wreck every lap.

I disagree. Pack racing was exciting on a bumpy track, but I don't find it enjoyable anymore now that the track was repaved. While it technically was more like 2 vs. 2, Tandems was more racing and less crashing and again it limited how many cars went out. This pack racing is not exciting for me, there's no bumps to unsettle the cars and actually make the racing more exciting. At least the 2 car tandem was a question of what 2 people were next to lead and towards the end, who exactly would be the "WTF" duo of the race. I still bring up Talladega race (The first one, not the other one) last year. Four wide 2 rows deep, how is that not exciting?

I disagree. Pack racing was exciting on a bumpy track, but I don't find it enjoyable anymore now that the track was repaved. While it technically was more like 2 vs. 2, Tandems was more racing and less crashing and again it limited how many cars went out. This pack racing is not exciting for me, there's no bumps to unsettle the cars and actually make the racing more exciting. At least the 2 car tandem was a question of what 2 people were next to lead and towards the end, who exactly would be the "WTF" duo of the race. I still bring up Talladega race (The first one, not the other one) last year. Four wide 2 rows deep, how is that not exciting?

Back in 2010 it was about right at Talladega. We had two car break away but they were in catching distance of the pack. That was a good mix.

These videos are the best examples of the two styles of racing (originally posted on page 7 of this thread). To me, "tandem" drafting is not racing because you have to rely exclusively on your partner to make moves. With pack drafting, you can choose by yourself when to make a move unless you're completely boxed in.

and that is the only race that had an exciting finish imo since the 2 car tandem was introduced

These videos are the best examples of the two styles of racing (originally posted on page 7 of this thread). To me, "tandem" drafting is not racing because you have to rely exclusively on your partner to make moves. With pack drafting, you can choose by yourself when to make a move unless you're completely boxed in.

agreed

Talks of a possible suspension for Chad Knaus for the rule infraction.

It's very 2006-esque in the way it's all happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back