Nascar at Daytona

• Thread starter Huston189
  • 54 comments
I was working on a couple of Nascars today, tires and fuel off just going for speed and lap times for now.

What kind of non draft lap times are people getting on this track int he Nascars?

I was working on a couple of Nascars today, tires and fuel off just going for speed and lap times for now.

What kind of non draft lap times are people getting on this track int he Nascars?

Can't remember times and tunes but will look later and post what i have.

The question about this is how controlled the car is and whether or not she can go more than 10 laps before having to pit .

The car is actually very easy to control and has great tire wear once the tires are heated. I have only used it in a few longer races because it is loose early on and builds heat in the tires slowly, by lap ten it is very stable and fast. I won a 24 lap race last week without pitting and when I looked at the replay I had more tires left than most..surprised me.

I know it doesn't seem to make sense but I want a car that handles better for sprint races.

I actually just created a new thread with the post below requesting a NASCAR tune to help me win the offline NASCAR event. Can anyone here help? Thank you!

Hello fellow racers. I've managed to win all of the current GT6 races except the High Speed Ring and Willow Springs races in the International A NASCAR Event. I used killerjimbag's tune (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/nascar-setup-daytona.294245/) and it worked great for the oval tracks, but not on the other two.

I not being modest when I say I'm an average level racer at best, so I'm sure there are many others here on the site who have already kicked the "*****" out of this event. These are the only two races in GT6 that I haven't finished yet so if anyone could help me a with a tune or even some general tips, I would GREATLY appreciate it!!!

Thanks in advance:cheers:!

The ovals require 70% power, HSR & Willow can be 100%. Makes sure your at 892hp add a little downforce to the stock setup and it be an easy win at both.

The ovals require 70% power, HSR & Willow can be 100%. Makes sure your at 892hp add a little downforce to the stock setup and it be an easy win at both.

Ah. I feel pretty stupid:-). I'm sure this will make the races quite a bit easier. Next time I will pay more attention to the details.

Thank you very much WhoosierGirl!!!

Really? I did not notice that, I ran them all at 70% still was able to win them without to much trouble though.

Really? I did not notice that, I ran them all at 70% still was able to win them without to much trouble though.

Well, as I mentioned, I'm an average driver at best. So that's probably the difference. With some optimal tranny settings, I probably could've won all of the races at 70%.

Regardless, thanks to WhoosierGirl I won those last 2 races easily. I'm ready to see some challenging Seasonal Events!

Well, as I mentioned, I'm an average driver at best. So that's probably the difference. With some optimal tranny settings, I probably could've won all of the races at 70%.

Regardless, thanks to WhoosierGirl I won those last 2 races easily. I'm ready to see some challenging Seasonal Events!

That's cool, I was just surprised that the races allowed more than 70% and that i did not notice it myself. I ended up using Max downforce, a gear adjustment and a diff adjustment to win at Willow, still a close race. not sure what I did at HSR. I had more trouble on Daytona initially than any of the others, getting spun out mostly, took a few tries to win it the first time through. I went back yesterday with a tuned car that i had been working on and just walked away from them like it was nothing ;)

Ah. I feel pretty stupid:-). I'm sure this will make the races quite a bit easier. Next time I will pay more attention to the details.

Thank you very much WhoosierGirl!!!

Your welcome, and Don't feel stupid, from the messages I have received your not the only one who forgot to go back to 100%.

I do tuning on GT from time to time - You might have seen my GT5 tunes here and there, maybe not. Anyway, I thought I'd go ahead and make myself a nascar setup. Few questions..

1) Is 892HP the max for a Nascar?
2) Is the 43.6 time up there with tire wear off?

209 and you stayed on the bottom i know thats not easy even with tire wear off. we had a british guy in our lobby talking how fast his 43.7 lap was, hope he sees this.

What settings are you guys/girls using to set this fastest lap. By settings, I mean room settings. Online? Arcade Mode? ect. I would like to know the exact settings that are being used to lay down this "official" fastest lap so that I may try this myself. No car settings are needed/wanted, only the room settings. Thanks.

The lap above was in Test drive mode in my Garage. I have ran a little faster in Single player TT mode but forgot to save the replay. I always set the Room setting to no tire wear and real grip for a "how fast can she go" lap.

I haven't tried my latest setup online yet but have done several 43.6's with my last one online. I don't think there is as much difference in GT6 offline vs. online as GT5 had. There is some but, I haven't figured out just how much yet.

No idea if that is anything "official" but as I offered in GT5, my replays can be review.

The lap above was in Test drive mode in my Garage. I have ran a little faster in Single player TT mode but forgot to save the replay. I always set the Room setting to no tire wear and real grip for a "how fast can she go" lap.

I haven't tried my latest setup online yet but have done several 43.6's with my last one online. I don't think there is as much difference in GT6 offline vs. online as GT5 had. There is some but, I haven't figured out just how much yet.

No idea if that is anything "official" but as I offered in GT5, my replays can be review.

Alright, thanks for the info.

I'm at least 0.2 faster offline vs online. My best laps are 43.9's online but that with a tire setup.

I think if anyone wanted to do an "Official" best lap, it should follow the real qualifying and be done in three laps like the real cars. One get up to speed lap and two flying laps. That would be an interesting way to do it I think.

I think if anyone wanted to do an "Official" best lap, it should follow the real qualifying and be done in three laps like the real cars. One get up to speed lap and two flying laps. That would be an interesting way to do it I think.

Her second lap was a .610 so I don't think that would be a problem. I would just like to be as fast as her get up to speed lap.

Just curious how may miles are on your car WhoosierGirl, I've got two cars with identical setups, one is about .2 seconds quicker than the other and both with the same hp and torque. The quicker one has 450-500 miles and the slow is under 100 at the moment. Was wondering if they get quicker with more milage

Last edited:
Just curious how may miles are on your car WhoosierGirl, I've got two cars with identical setups, one is about .2 seconds quicker than the other and both with the same hp and torque. The quicker one has 450-500 miles and the slow is under 100 at the moment. Was wondering if they get quicker with more milage

Once the oil has been changed they don't break in and gain anymore power.

Three things are possible, one being your not using the exact same car. All the Nascars are not the same and they do not all react to changes exactly the same. I have 6 different cars (2 fords, 3 chevy's and 1 toyota) that all can do 43.6's and all of them have slightly different setups. There is also about 8/9 of the nascars that have more built in downforce which makes them slower at Daytona. The pp system showed this in GT5 and the original version of GT6 did also. Version 2&3 changed the them all to 620pp brand new and 627 with oil change, that was not the case in the original version. Some had 1 additional pp and those that did as I have seen are the slowest at Daytona.

The second possibility is if the cars are the same, the chassis is getting worn out on the car with more miles. The reason that the older one is faster is because your setup is better suited for a loose car, and on a new car with fresh chassis it the setup is to tight. I hope that I am making sense, I don't know all the technical terms, but that is what I have found.

The third possibility is that one car has chassis reinforcement and the other does not. On some cars it helps and on some cars it does not.

Once the oil has been changed they don't break in and gain anymore power.

Three things are possible, one being your not using the exact same car. All the Nascars are not the same and they do not all react to changes exactly the same. I have 6 different cars (2 fords, 3 chevy's and 1 toyota) that all can do 43.6's and all of them have slightly different setups. There is also about 8/9 of the nascars that have more built in downforce which makes them slower at Daytona. The pp system showed this in GT5 and the original version of GT6 did also. Version 2&3 changed the them all to 620pp brand new and 627 with oil change, that was not the case in the original version. Some had 1 additional pp and those that did as I have seen are the slowest at Daytona.

The second possibility is if the cars are the same, the chassis is getting worn out on the car with more miles. The reason that the older one is faster is because your setup is better suited for a loose car, and on a new car with fresh chassis it the setup is to tight. I hope that I am making sense, I don't know all the technical terms, but that is what I have found.

The third possibility is that one car has chassis reinforcement and the other does not. On some cars it helps and on some cars it does not.

Thanks for the useful info,

I Just got back from tryinga third new car with no miles, it ran a best of 43.926 and 208 mph vs 44.075 and 206-207 on long straight with the same tune. Some cars certainly run quicker than others, It seems to be downforce as you stated and I had 2 Toyotas that ran different

Thanks for the useful info,

I Just got back from tryinga third new car with no miles, it ran a best of 43.926 and 208 mph vs 44.075 and 206-207 on long straight with the same tune. Some cars certainly run quicker than others, It seems to be downforce as you stated and I had 2 Toyotas that ran different

Don't discount the slower fast lap cars, I think they make very good race cars when tire wear is on fast/very fast or a long normal wear race. The additional downforce is a very good thing when the tires are starting to wear out.

This is another reason that I forgot to mention as to why I think the 1 additional pp cars have added downforce.

My best setup on a higher pp car will drop no lower than 199mph on exit where my fastest lap cars will drop to 198mph exiting turn 4. If the cause of the 2/3 mph less top speed was power related I don't think they could hold more speed through the corners.

I'm not saying I am right about all this and I am not saying I have the best/fastest setup, I'm just saying this is what I have found. Nascar talk seem to bring out the testosterone and I have a massive shortage of it so no PSN hate mail please.

Thanks @WhoosierGirl. Your insight is appreciated, I'll continue playing with various cars and setups. A wheel may help too, I'm generally a pretty bad GT driver using the standard controller.

I would like to give WhoosierGirl a big THANK YOU for coming back and picking up a few of us that had lost the draft in a race last week. She dropped out of the lead and came back and pulled us back up to the pack gets right back in the lead and wins that was really cool of you.

Back