Nascar at Daytona

• Thread starter Huston189
  • 54 comments
I can't even get my Nastycar to move out of it's own way. Rolling start then all the cars pass me before the first corner. I've toyed with settings but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Also, the races make you drop the power limiter to 70%..that just about kills any useful power that I would need to get moving. Any suggestions?

Take the downforce to 200/400 for the Daytona race and make sure all the assists are of as they slow you down on the ovals. A nothing special setup is 90/20/777/0/0 front and rear, lsd 10/10/10. works good enough on the nascar events.

I would like to give WhoosierGirl a big THANK YOU for coming back and picking up a few of us that had lost the draft in a race last week. She dropped out of the lead and came back and pulled us back up to the pack gets right back in the lead and wins that was really cool of you.

Your welcome, I noticed that the one that walled a few you wasn't going back so I figured I would go back and give you some draft. My USS teammates have taught me well, nothing worse than being knocked back and left to to ride in the back.

I have 6 different cars (2 fords, 3 chevy's and 1 toyota) that all can do 43.6's and all of them have slightly different setups. There is also about 8/9 of the nascars that have more built in downforce which makes them slower at Daytona. The pp system showed this in GT5 and the original version of GT6 did also. Version 2&3 changed the them all to 620pp brand new and 627 with oil change, that was not the case in the original version. Some had 1 additional pp and those that did as I have seen are the slowest at Daytona.

I am still struggling to even get into the 43's can you tell what the eight or nine nascars are? Is the #99 from your video your favorite?

I am still struggling to even get into the 43's can you tell what the eight or nine nascars are? Is the #99 from your video your favorite?

The 2013 #43,99,18/ 2011 # 42,11,14/ 2010 #42,11 are the ones. I don't really have a favorite one, that would all change if they made Danica's car.

I still haven't broken 43 seconds yet. I got close (44.200), but my car only gets to 205 tops on the straight heading in to turn 3, and drops to 198 and 195 heading into the two straighter sections. Using a Dualshock 3.

Yes 892 is max, 43.5 now with tire wear off.

Can you throw us a bone here, what are we missing? My teammates a I have collectively run thousands of miles trying to come close to your time. The closest anyone of us has gotten is a 43.779, almost two tenths slower than your lap. We have tried everything possible and can't even get close.

Can you throw us a bone here, what are we missing?

Handling is more important than straight speed. Try to maintain speed through the turns and have a good exit speed and don't worry about top speed, I'm not sure what you mean by "throwing you a bone".

Handling is more important than straight speed. Try to maintain speed through the turns and have a good exit speed and don't worry about top speed, I'm not sure what you mean by "throwing you a bone".
Top speed is probably going to be 215 or so. Anything higher and you will struggle in the corners as you will lose too much speed. If this were a typical NASCAR race I'd say max at 203 and run about 175-180 in the corners. The key is to maximize the lower end of your speed.

Top speed is probably going to be 215 or so. Anything higher and you will struggle in the corners as you will lose too much speed. If this were a typical NASCAR race I'd say max at 203 and run about 175-180 in the corners. The key is to maximize the lower end of your speed.

215mph solo? He was asking about solo lap times and the same applies to an online race or a solo lap time, maintaining or maximizing your exit speeds is going to make you faster. By typical do you mean, real life nascar?

215mph solo? He was asking about solo lap times and the same applies to an online race or a solo lap time, maintaining or maximizing your exit speeds is going to make you faster. By typical do you mean, real life nascar?
Thought he was asking for overall, not solo. Typical = Actual real life NASCAR.

Oh! ok, 215mph solo would be a big WOW, lol.
Well with the restrictor plates NASCAR use, it is not possible to go above 206 or 207 without cooking the engine. In GT6, there is no attrition rate so more focus can be made on speed even with less power.

I ran a low 43.7 this morning offline. 43.8 to .9s online. But I run 202 402 DF. Without it i'm too loose and actually faster w/ it. I hit 209MPH high side, low side 207, 208 if it's a good run, still tuning. GT6 feels nothing like GT5 did. I need to invest in a good wheel.

I ran a low 43.7 this morning offline. 43.8 to .9s online. But I run 202 402 DF. Without it i'm too loose and actually faster w/ it. I hit 209MPH high side, low side 207, 208 if it's a good run, still tuning. GT6 feels nothing like GT5 did. I need to invest in a good wheel.

Hi Herbie, :)

When using a controller at Daytona I feel it is easier to hold a line in GT6 than it was in GT5. It just feels smoother in GT6.

Back