NASCAR Daytona set up

• Thread starter mike102888
  • 263 comments

Does anyone have a NASCAR Daytona setup?

• Total voters
And WhoosierGirl the last time you beat my time on gt5 was with a hacked car that tmmo1 took the down force off of for you .

That is a bold faced lie, and you know it! I even offered here on gtplanet to send a copy of my replay to be checked! I sent it to another member and it was 100% legal. This is exactly why I am ready to be done with this game, everything I have done is because I cheated or someone has helped me. Can't possibly be because I can actually drive or setup a car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 205
Look who posted one of the first setups for gt5 and gt6 for NASCAR platoon. I may be killer Jimbag while I post on here but I'm sure if you go online you can find me under my username abetterplaya. I don't race dirty as the skill set for that is not something I personally would want to race.Anyhow I am real easy to find.

I asked whoosiergirl to send me her replay when she offered to a few months back. It was an unhacked 40.95setup, really interesting tune.
I know you put up with more than your share of BS whoosier but, try not to let others jealousy and insecurities get to you.

Heres my setup for Nascars on Daytona raceway only. Alone on the track I get 43sec avg laptimes, my speed with no drafting is 335kmh / 209mph, with other cars drafting I get 40'sec lap times and speed up to 385kmh / .Transmission is set up so you only use 3 gears, the car is also super stable around the entire track, dont have problem of under or oversteer and its easy to go around the turns, only millimeters from the walls without touching them. I havent tested exactly how long tires and fuel last yet, but overall its a bulletproof setup.

Suspension:
95 / 90
18.0 / 17.0
8 / 5
8 / 5
5 / 4
0.00 / 0.00
-0.10 / +0.10

Brake ballance:
1 / 1

LSD:
60 / 60 / 15

Transmission:
Final: 5000
Max speed: 420kmh
1st: move slider all way left
2nd: move slider all way left
3rd: move slider all way left
4th: 0.564

Downforce:
200 / 400

Turn off all race settings like TC, steering assist etc. and make steering sensitivity 7

Hope this helps some of you guys out, if you can add on to or make improvements on this setup please post it..

PSN# W_O_N_D_R_B_0_Y

That is a bold faced lie, and you know it! I even offered here on gtplanet to send a copy of my replay to be checked! I sent it to another member and it was 100% legal. This is exactly why I am ready to be done with this game, everything I have done is because I cheated or someone has helped me. Can't possibly be because I can actually drive or setup a car.

Whoosier you are way to awesome of a racer to let someones opinion get in the way of your passion. Theres a ton of people that knows that she puts in a ton of work on her babys,(cars) The only reason someone accuses somebody of cheating without replay proof, is because the cant figure out why the get there As $ beat on the track, so to all the haters keep serving up the haterade we willturn it into motivation to kick your A s s even more, ok im done.............:mad:

I have been messing with the NASCAR like crazy. Here's my suspension tune.. It kept me of the walls, I was able to pass on the high side.
Ride height.. 90-85
Spring 13.90-14.88
Compression 2-2
Extension 3-1
Anti roll 4-5
Cam 0.7-1.0
Toe -0.16 .06

I will give yours a try. I was running a tune that I was comfortable with, I wasn't running any down force which meant it would be a little loose but stable enough to pass on the high side. Here is my current set up:

RH 95/95
SR 18/19.03
Damp Comp 6/3
Damp Ext 6/3
Roll 4/4
Camber 0/0 ** I know its a tad odd no camber, but try it.
Toe -0.14/ -0.31

LSD 7/15/20

Test run with your tune 46.327
Test run with my tune 46.403

Your tune was quicker, however my tune, the tires will last a lot longer. I watched the ghost and your set up, for me anyway, was all over the turns, and a lot of tire noise in comparison to my set up, where there is very little tire noise in comparison. I was complaining about my set up as being loose but after trying yours, I found it to be even worse...for me anyway...though yours is faster for sure. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

I use gluteus1's tune with Nomad67 LSD setting and it worked out great on super speedway. I was about 10 seconds ahead of the back thanks :D

I've tried every setup posted on this thread and as I tweaked it more and more, my NASCAR (I drive the 2013 #11 FedEX Camry) improved. I started out with a time of 46.5 and now I am at 44.5 or a 44.6. My transmission is complete and all that matters is my suspension setup. I am trying to get the car to hold grip coming into a turn (I go about 206 alone towards turn 3 and 4) and not only that but to hold its speed better on the turns.

Here's my Suspension setup if any of you would like to try it:

Ride Height: 65/70
Spring Rate: 20.00/21.00
Compression: 8/5
Extension: 8/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/4
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle: -0.10/+0.10
Brake Balance: 5/3

Any suggestions on improvement would be great... Please and thank you! :D

Try reversing your ride heights, use slightly higher front, Think I'm using 75/65 at the moment. My 2013 # 11 FedEx is at 44.0xx and a solid 207 mph with a similar suspension and a 3 gear tune, also my spring rates are maxed out, I know it can be faster yet, just haven't found the right settings yet.

Last edited:
Just ran a personal best time of 44.270

My tune (using the Edwards 2013 Ford #99 Fastenal with oil change)

Suspension:
Ride Height: 75/65
Springs: 22/21
Dampers (Comp): 2/1
Dampers (Ext): 2/1
ARB: 7/7
Camber: 0/0
Toe: - 0.06/0.10

Brakes: 1/1

Transmission:
Max Speed: 261
1st: 1.366
2nd: 0.912
3rd: 0.700
4th: 0.527
Final: 5.000

LSD: all 15
Downforce: 200/400

Thinking 3rd might need tweaked a bit. Hope this helps.

Judas I just used Vickers 2011 car with pretty much your setup and run a best for me 44.079. So yes it did help this is pretty much my first real attempt at running a Nascar in gt6.

Just ran a personal best time of 44.270

My tune (using the Edwards 2013 Ford #99 Fastenal with oil change)

Suspension:
Ride Height: 75/65
Springs: 22/21
Dampers (Comp): 2/1
Dampers (Ext): 2/1
ARB: 7/7
Camber: 0/0
Toe: - 0.06/0.10

Brakes: 1/1

Transmission:
Max Speed: 261
1st: 1.366
2nd: 0.912
3rd: 0.700
4th: 0.527
Final: 5.000

LSD: all 15
Downforce: 200/400

Thinking 3rd might need tweaked a bit. Hope this helps.

Good tune. I've tested everything in this thread and it's the fastest here. I made it slightly faster by using an LSD of 60-60-15. (The braking doesn't really matter as you don't brake at Daytona though. Right?)

It seems that these tunes slow down when you jack-up the ride height. Has anyone tried going the other way with it and lowering the car?

I'm going to post a tune in honour of the Daytona 500 over the next few days. I'd love for folks to try it and provide feedback. :)

I used this tune for Daytona, Twin Ring Motegi and Indy and won all 3 !

Suspension: 80 70

Spring rate: 24.55 21.00

Dampers C: 2 2

Dampers E: 2 2

Anti Roll Bar: 7 7

Camber: 0.0 0.0

Toe Angle: 0 0

Transmission Top Speed 217

Gears: 1st - 1.777
2nd - 1.188
3rd - 0.877
4th - 0.695
Final gear: 50000

NOTE: YOU CAN ADJUST TRANS SETTINGS TO YOUR LIKING BUT THIS SETTING WORKED FOR ME AT DAYTONA,TWIN RING MOTEGI and INDY !

I left df at default but of course you can adjust it as well if you wish !

I've tried every setup posted on this thread and as I tweaked it more and more, my NASCAR (I drive the 2013 #11 FedEX Camry) improved. I started out with a time of 46.5 and now I am at 44.5 or a 44.6. My transmission is complete and all that matters is my suspension setup. I am trying to get the car to hold grip coming into a turn (I go about 206 alone towards turn 3 and 4) and not only that but to hold its speed better on the turns.

Here's my Suspension setup if any of you would like to try it:

Ride Height: 65/70
Spring Rate: 20.00/21.00
Compression: 8/5
Extension: 8/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/4
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle: -0.10/+0.10
Brake Balance: 5/3

Any suggestions on improvement would be great... Please and thank you! :D

I can tell you this...I have 6 cars, and each one has its own demons, you'd think you might get a break from ford to ford, chev to chev or Yoda to Yoda...but nope! Each car has its own tricks...so one persons fast set up on the Ford, won't be so fast in the Yoda

I've done a 44.169 using trends I've noticed in most of your setups, higher front ride height than back low damper rates stiff if not maxed anti roll bars 0 camber etc so this is what I've got if someone would like to test it out give me some feedback honestly i think it push's going into 3 but can overcome this by a little (minute even) more steering input.

Using the 2013 Dale Jr Chevy
85/80 ride height
16.00/13.90 spring rate
4/4 compression
2/2 extension
7/7 roll bars
0/0 camber
0.00/0.17 toe

Tranny i upped to 217mph, left everything else, to be honest i faffed with it a bit but it gets up to speed faster (i think) on default ratios with enough in reserve when your in a pack

downforce is at minimum

only thing left to tune is the Diff which the description in every GT has always baffled me.

Please note that time was alone with no wear on and was done over a 1 lap sprint so i can't vouch for its consistency or long distance reliability, that will come later once I'm truly happy with its balance (and hopefully in the mid 43's)

I'm curious, when these lap times are being Epeened, where are they being run and with what settings? I've only gone through the entire setup once so far, and was only able to get down into the 43.9s. I'm on my 2nd way through and I've gotten in the low 43.8s. Just need to know how and where your laps times are coming from. Online, offline, day, night, tire wear, how fast, is this a 1 and done lap, or are these back to back lap times.

Looking for a consistent platform, so we all know what we're really looking for.
Thus far, I've just been using the 'test drive' option through the garage, and using the Day Time Daytona.
I see from Whoosier's pic, the time came on lap 15.

I'm curious, when these lap times are being Epeened, where are they being run and with what settings? I've only gone through the entire setup once so far, and was only able to get down into the 43.9s. I'm on my 2nd way through and I've gotten in the low 43.8s. Just need to know how and where your laps times are coming from. Online, offline, day, night, tire wear, how fast, is this a 1 and done lap, or are these back to back lap times.

Looking for a consistent platform, so we all know what we're really looking for.
Thus far, I've just been using the 'test drive' option through the garage, and using the Day Time Daytona.
I see from Whoosier's pic, the time came on lap 15.

I use the test drive mode mostly, daytime settings. That picture is from earlier on before they update the game. The update changed the tire temperature characteristics. I can do 43.50's on the second lap so no need to get the tires warmed up anymore.

Best lap now is 43.489 on lap 4 and did the identical time on lap 5. I have a video of it posted in the video section. Just hitting 210mph on backstretch and 206 at the finish line, 199/200 on exit.

Settings are no tire wear and real grip, daytime in both test drive and practice time trial. Both modes show the same speed, I did a .491 in test mode and switch to the TT mode and did the .489 so I had a record of when I did it.

I knew it wouldn't take you long to get tuning on a nascar:D.

I knew it wouldn't take you long to get tuning on a nascar:D.

/sigh.... yeah, I couldn't stay away , lol.
Got down to a 43.656 offline, but obviously still have a long way to go.
The Offline adjustments I've made are useless for online though, so I think I'll set that aside for now.
Online with tirewear off I'm only running 43.931. I was hoping that GT6 would have gotten rid of the online/offline differences. Makes zero sense to me :(

/sigh.... yeah, I couldn't stay away , lol.
Got down to a 43.656 offline, but obviously still have a long way to go.
The Offline adjustments I've made are useless for online though, so I think I'll set that aside for now.
Online with tirewear off I'm only running 43.931. I was hoping that GT6 would have gotten rid of the online/offline differences. Makes zero sense to me :(

There are a lot more variables online that you have control of, hence the wide variety of times achieve and all these back and froths of who's getting what.

I mean those fast laps are nice to watch, however IMO, not worth a hill of beans in the draft or running with 15 other cars...yes its nice to be close, however stability and consistency is where its at.

I have personally witnessed Whoosier run 43.5 online with no tire wear and qualify in a 50 lap normal tire pit race with a 43.6. Online the tire wear indicator is a brighter blue than offline. Probably online tires start colder and make the lap times slower and the car feel different.

Good tune. I've tested everything in this thread and it's the fastest here. I made it slightly faster by using an LSD of 60-60-15. (The braking doesn't really matter as you don't brake at Daytona though. Right?)

It seems that these tunes slow down when you jack-up the ride height. Has anyone tried going the other way with it and lowering the car?

I took those same settings....but changed the diff to the 60 60 15 and pulled a 44.167, though I haven't tried loweriing it yet...normally I wouldn't get so low...but with the stronger springs hopefully it shouldn't bottom out/\

Sorry but all these settings and timings are not including the 70% cap are they?

I'm using Jeff Gordon's Impala (2011). Tweaked a bit using some posts here for pointers but clocked 50 seconds on Daytona wit 70% cap....

Sorry but all these settings and timings are not including the 70% cap are they?

I'm using Jeff Gordon's Impala (2011). Tweaked a bit using some posts here for points but clocked 50 seconds on Daytona wit 70% cap....

Those times are with 100% power.

Online the tire wear indicator is a brighter blue than offline. Probably online tires start colder and make the lap times slower and the car feel different.

You just might be on to something there soupcan. I didn't equal my offline time but I did get closer to them after 10 laps online when the tire color started changing to a lighter blue color.

OK, so who has driving tips for a NASCAR noob? The car seems fine and I can make it to the front pretty much whenever I like but I can't seem to make it the full 5 laps before I get bounced around like a pinball and shot up to the moon. Willow was a 🤬 cakewalk compared to Daytona. Haven't yet tried the others.

Latest Posts

Back