NASCAR Daytona set up

• Thread starter mike102888
  • 263 comments

Does anyone have a NASCAR Daytona setup?

• Total voters
No, I won't get online until later tonight. I wish they had hot laps, qualifying and then racing while being able to tune in between.

I'll focus on car handling based on what you and others are describing. I guess the aero changes are making a big difference at Daytona. I was afraid that was going to happen. I also wonder how many times they will change the physics in the next year :boggled:.

Another thought. I wonder if the 2013 cars are different than the 2010 and 2011 cars? AFAIK the older cars can't be purchased yet.

u can buy the old nascars from Recommended cars

Last edited:
i've been playing yesterday a little with the nascar setup, 3 speed + over tranny, good results playing alone, it gets 206mph top speed, 195mph going out of turn 3. I need to test the overdrive running in group, I will post the tranny setup when it's finished.

I've been playing a little with the height of the car, having the nose higher seems to get better laptimes, but worse car handling, too much understeer. I ended with the nose only a little bit higher than rear, 95-90.

Best lap yesterday was 44.2 with the high nose setup ( about 115-90 ) and runs consistent 44.5's with the 95-90, a bit slower but the car keeps the line much better, and it's easy to drive along the race.

I'm going to try camber this night, i'm running 1.0-0.4 now, but I think it needs more camber in the rear, car seems to slide a little when you start to turn.

u can buy the old nascars from Recommended cars
Cool thanks!

I finally got to play around with a Nascar tonight. The cars are much twitchier than in GT5. Best I could do test driving was just under 44.4 with grip on low. I wish I could reset the tranny. Is there a workaround to reset the tranny?

Well, I just tried a tire run. I did my oil change, went to 892hp. I was running softs, all aids off, track set to real grip. I ran out of fuel with lots of wear left My wear indicators were all 6's except right rear, which was a 7 and I had 35 laps at that point. I want to pit in just for fuel...and go back out to see how many more laps I would get, but it won't let my fuel without changing my tires :( Need to talk to them about that!

My lap times are still for my liking, mid 45's...better than the 46's I was getting before my oil change. My straight speed is 200mph and I hold a 196-197 in the turns....well that's all for now...next up, need to tweak my tranny.

Before you do anything with a setup you need to understand that the days of running into turn 3 at 240mph+ and 38 second laps are over! Damn happy to see that! Anyway, once you've got that figured out the basics work out alright.

Yeah
anyone have anything? i really am struggling
no down downforce trans final gear 3500 top speed up top 236 when solo 246 when racing

Differential 22,36,20
Suspension Rh F 13.7 R 14,7
SR SAME AS HIGHT
DC & DE All 4s Anti roll 3 camber 2.0 f 1.0 back default toe that's what I used on gt5 going to open a room now to set up NASCAR tunes add me if u want to join jamies941

I have a basic 3 speed tranny to share. I ran a 44.107 with this tranny. I only tested in test drive with grip on low and real and there was no tire wear. Grip didn't make a difference in my lap times. My car did 206 on the straights and held 196-198 in the turns. I used the 2010 A.J. Allmendinger car.

Set top speed to 261
Final 3.000 (default)
4th 1.050
3rd 1.150 (almost all the way to the left)
2nd 1.521 (all the way to the left)
1st 2.715

Notes: 1st may need tweaked a little for standing starts. 3rd may need tweaked a hair but it should be pretty good. 4th needs tweaked for draft speeds. It probably needs to go higher.

I have a basic 3 speed tranny to share. I ran a 44.107 with this tranny. I only tested in test drive with grip on low and real and there was no tire wear. Grip didn't make a difference in my lap times. My car did 206 on the straights and held 196-198 in the turns. I used the 2010 A.J. Allmendinger car.

Set top speed to 261
Final 3.000 (default)
4th 1.050
3rd 1.150 (almost all the way to the left)
2nd 1.521 (all the way to the left)
1st 2.715

Notes: 1st may need tweaked a little for standing starts. 3rd may need tweaked a hair but it should be pretty good. 4th needs tweaked for draft speeds. It probably needs to go higher.

Thanks...will give that one a try

ok...44.8's but I am still at 892hp

Last edited:
Thanks...will give that one a try

ok...44.8's but I am still at 892hp
Someone game me a suspension setup so I can't share it. All I will say is that it is very similar to the old stiff GT5 Nascar suspensions and I didn't use any aero. For me the suspension in this thread pushed too much in the corners.

I ran a low line in the corners. If you touch the yellow line you lose time. I also ran with a controller and I'm surprised that it is easier to hold a line in GT6 than it was in GT5. If you're running solo with a 3 speed you want to stay in 3rd gear. My 4th is close to 3rd gear so it will pull hard in the draft. I still need to tweak 4th once I get online tonight.

After two miscues, I won Daytona in a Jeff Gordon prize car with a total time of 4:16.391, a whole 0.104 in hand over J. Johnson, and somehow won a Trophy for "3 Miraculous Laps".

I took the lead on the first lap by drafting to 204+ mph on the inside. From then on it was "simple" matter of blocking. Starting with Montoya, they all took a crack at bumping me, it seemed, but no cigar - for them! :lol:
I gained time on the field each corner by going down to the yellow line.

Setup:
Auto-set: 217 mph
Downforce: minimum
Ride Height: 93/90
Compression: 6/6
Extension: 6/6
Camber 0.0/0.0

All other settings default.

do I need to lower the power in order to make it eligible for the NASCAR Series, I have Kyle Busch's 2013 car and it is still above the minimum Performance points would these setups help with less power?

do I need to lower the power in order to make it eligible for the NASCAR Series, I have Kyle Busch's 2013 car and it is still above the minimum Performance points would these setups help with less power?

For the oval races only you need to put the engine power to 70% if I remember correctly, it tells you in the rules when you try to enter.

Yeah

no down downforce trans final gear 3500 top speed up top 236 when solo 246 when racing

Differential 22,36,20
Suspension Rh F 13.7 R 14,7
SR SAME AS HIGHT
DC & DE All 4s Anti roll 3 camber 2.0 f 1.0 back default toe that's what I used on gt5 going to open a room now to set up NASCAR tunes add me if u want to join jamies941
Hi Kevin, the AI's are even more aggro at Daytona than in GT5! To gold it I hung back of the pack until the final lap and passed them all on the inside. Not as easy as it sounds though. I love the new physics, quite realistic: too much throttle - into the back of the pack. Get too cute: lose the bump draft and they vanish into the distance. Also BE PREPARED to keep it and keep going if you are hit or slightly spun. They will always try to take you out but the majority of times you can save it if you know what you are about. Hope this helps a little. :)

43.870 208 b4 curve 201 out 204 at finish line (video posted facebook/gt6 dirty nascar ) to start not all cars are the same 2011 vickers runs 4 mph faster with same tran tune as 2013 cars ...Now the setup (the faster the car the looser ) oh im not the fastest any more 43.7?? posted on youtube... Against my better judgement here it goes lol susp 80/70 , 18.5/17.25 , 1/2 , 1/2 , 7/7 , .05/0.0 , -.05/0.5 brakes 0/0 not used on my ride ever ! THIS IS SUPER LOOSE FASTEST LAP TIME , dont touch the toe or camber but increase springs ,height ,comp ,ect all for more stable , and handling .. ( the lower spring rate and exct and comp the faster.. springs frt 16-20 rear 14-20 ) oh drive train important for speed 10/5/5 "10" important the 5 has been increased to 60 and no diff in lap time best i could tell .....NOW TRAN ! I will give 3 tran tunes ALL RUN 208 B4 CURVE PERIOD ! you will have to adjust twice to get the gears right first set final at 2.012 top speed is 217 but you will have to adjust that to get correct gears and then set it back to 217 and reset gears again 1st 4.861 , 2nd 3.278 3rd 2.306 4th 1.684 top speed 217 4094,2735,2021,1585 205mph across finish line top speed 217 4.442,2.967,2.193,1.684 final 2.000 thats what i got after 10k miles on daytona and 245 hrs driving time as of 12/30/2013 sincerlly platoonof1 (the dirtiest nascar driver of the bunch ) truely i will come out in the grass to hit you while your all ready spinning (yes even in last place if i dont like you "redneck titty bear " lmao

43.870 208 b4 curve 201 out 204 at finish line (video posted facebook/gt6 dirty nascar ) to start not all cars are the same 2011 vickers runs 4 mph faster with same tran tune as 2013 cars ...Now the setup (the faster the car the looser ) oh im not the fastest any more 43.7?? posted on youtube... Against my better judgement here it goes lol susp 80/70 , 18.5/17.25 , 1/2 , 1/2 , 7/7 , .05/0.0 , -.05/0.5 brakes 0/0 not used on my ride ever ! THIS IS SUPER LOOSE FASTEST LAP TIME , dont touch the toe or camber but increase springs ,height ,comp ,ect all for more stable , and handling .. ( the lower spring rate and exct and comp the faster.. springs frt 16-20 rear 14-20 ) oh drive train important for speed 10/5/5 "10" important the 5 has been increased to 60 and no diff in lap time best i could tell .....NOW TRAN ! I will give 3 tran tunes ALL RUN 208 B4 CURVE PERIOD ! you will have to adjust twice to get the gears right first set final at 2.012 top speed is 217 but you will have to adjust that to get correct gears and then set it back to 217 and reset gears again 1st 4.861 , 2nd 3.278 3rd 2.306 4th 1.684 top speed 217 4094,2735,2021,1585 205mph across finish line top speed 217 4.442,2.967,2.193,1.684 final 2.000 thats what i got after 10k miles on daytona and 245 hrs driving time as of 12/30/2013 sincerlly platoonof1 (the dirtiest nascar driver of the bunch ) truely i will come out in the grass to hit you while your all ready spinning (yes even in last place if i dont like you "redneck titty bear " lmao

Well why dont you show me i will race you dirty or clean with boost on or off and we will post the results right here unless you just like to run your mouth matter a fact i will post it on youtube then paste the link here And WhoosierGirl the last time you beat my time on gt5 was with a hacked car that tmmo1 took the down force off of for you . You forget he has been my friend a long time ...so to cut the bs and get to the point of this thread LETS RACE MOUTH PIECE PSN platoonof1 im logging in now and will open the room name "killerjimbag" is all mouth

Its jerks like "killerjimbag" always shooting off there mouth with bs they cant back up rather then trying to help the next guy like i said killer the room is open waiting for you to man up and show us like i said your rules clean boost no boost dirty . I will smoke you at your own game ! ROOM NUMBER 1472-6118-3615-5260-0618 I WILL WAIT ALL NIGHT AND ALL DAY TOMMO INTILL YOU SHOW AND POST RIGHT HERE EVERY FEW HOURS SAYING WARE YOU AT

Last edited:
INTILL YOU SHOW AND POST RIGHT HERE EVERY FEW HOURS SAYING WARE YOU AT
No, you won't. In case you have forgotten the AUP of the site:

• You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack any individual or any group.

You already have some private messages about your posting style. Have a careful read of them before hitting the 'post' button again.

You already have some private messages about your posting style. Have a careful read of them before hitting the 'post' button again.
hey bro he is the one talking trash i was trying to help people out and the thread was about does any one have daytona tune ..Not hate on the only one that helped and thats what we do is race so im just letting the readers see if the tune is any good and if he is just being a jerk like i feel you are best i can figure that was you just joined my room and got smoked and dont want the link posted why else would you step in and block my post im the one trying to help and following the thread

hey bro he is the one talking trash i was trying to help people out and the thread was about does any one have daytona tune ..Not hate on the only one that helped and thats what we do is race so im just letting the readers see if the tune is any good and if he is just being a jerk like i feel you are best i can figure that was you just joined my room and got smoked and dont want the link posted why else would you step in and block my post im the one trying to help and following the thread
a) Threatening to post continuously until someone races you online is in contravention of that AUP rule I posted above.
b) Your posts are still ignoring this part of the AUP:

• You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

I am indifferent in terms of who is helping whom, I would only ask you follow the AUP/ Terms of Service.

I would like one person on this thread to answer this question ,, who is being abusive ? who is posting daytona setups and who is the one out of line here the moderator ? or me or jim i will contact site owners and ask that they follow up on this here .....

I would like one person on this thread to answer this question ,, who is being abusive ? who is posting daytona setups and who is the one out of line here the moderator ? or me or jim i will contact site owners and ask that they follow up on this here .....
Your first post in this thread was the offensively bolded one, where you gave YOUR setup. Notice it's YOUR setup, not THE BEST SETUP FOR EVERYONE setup.

Someone then disagreed with YOUR setup and then you took upon yourself to start calling people out.

So as far as I am seeing it, if anyone is being a bit sensitive - the answer is you. You've posted your setup, people are free to use it, disagree with it or benefit from it.

a) Threatening to post continuously until someone races you online is in contravention of that AUP rule I posted above.

Please forgive my grammer , I am sorry and that was a joke about going to post till he shows , And i feel ( as i have reported you through email and asked them to follow up on this thread that you would be

Mike Rotch you sir are out of line and i have sent email asking for this thread to be reviewed as well as your positon on the forum good night sir , And maybe you will post a good tune to share or contrubitue to the forum in a positive note !

Back