NASCAR Daytona set up

• Thread starter mike102888
  • 263 comments

Does anyone have a NASCAR Daytona setup?

• Total voters
OK, so who has driving tips for a NASCAR noob? The car seems fine and I can make it to the front pretty much whenever I like but I can't seem to make it the full 5 laps before I get bounced around like a pinball and shot up to the moon. Willow was a 🤬 cakewalk compared to Daytona. Haven't yet tried the others.
Once you're at the front, stay just above the yellow line, never give the AI a sniff at the low-line & whatever you do, DON'T try any blocking tactics. The AI don't like that & will & bounce you out of the speedway

OK, so who has driving tips for a NASCAR noob? The car seems fine and I can make it to the front pretty much whenever I like but I can't seem to make it the full 5 laps before I get bounced around like a pinball and shot up to the moon. Willow was a 🤬 cakewalk compared to Daytona. Haven't yet tried the others.

Get to the front by the end of the back stretch of the first lap...then once in front...stay left....the pak will automatically take the driving line right, towards the wall...but they can draft just like you...so if you give them a car to draft off of...they will...so stay off of the driving line once you pass them...they will take a peek every now and again,...however they won't or shouldn't pass you....they're trying to intimidate you to make a stupid move....keep you line..off of the draft...once you are up front of course.

I played GT6 nightly for a month and have never saw this girl race I wanting to see for myself
I dont understand your comment? Not seen this girl another week still.

Really? WTF does she have to prove to you? As killer said send her a PM, although it would seem you have wasted a week of your time because she hasn't logged into PSN since last week.

Hello all, I DO NOT run NASCAR on ovals, but I just started running them on road-courses. I was wondering if any1 has a good base SUSPENSION tune for Road-Course Daytona or any Road-Course? Grip reduction: Real- Racing Soft Tires- 100% power. thanks all.

If only we could tune both sides of the car...

Could you all please post up your best lap times so we know when we are getting close to being competitive?

Does the tranny trick and flipping the tranny still work?

Does it still take forever to get fuel when pitting?

I did 0:43,754 at 1-player practice with the 2011 AJ Allmendinger Ford Fusion.
All assists OFF, ABS on 1 and Controller Steering Sensitivity on 0 (I'm using a DS3 controller). If you want my setup, just tell me.

Thanks, hope she is good. A couple people were asking the other last night if anyone had seen her lately as they had sent messages and she had not responded.
I hope she is alright too. Maybe she just got bored with GT6? I haven't played online in a week myself...

I did 0:43,754 at 1-player practice with the 2011 AJ Allmendinger Ford Fusion.
All assists OFF, ABS on 1 and Controller Steering Sensitivity on 0 (I'm using a DS3 controller). If you want my setup, just tell me.
you have a PM

Whoosier said this in one of the seasonal time trial event threads. Hopefully she'll be back soon. :(

I have a small tear in my rotator cuff and I'm trying to avoid surgery. He has me scheduled for another few weeks of physical therapy starting tomorrow. He wants to do surgery if there is no improvement soon and I have to take therapy more serious this time so, no TT's for me for awhile.

NASCAR Willow Springs Gold with the following.

.. Same as Daytona (soft) with the following changes. LSD 7.15.20 seem to work good

RSR, 12.64 rear springs, BB F7 R9 (BRAKES) Dont even know if brakes is right correct me what proper NASCAR brake balance should be.

Camber and Toe all 0.00

Tranny auto set 224 Final gear 3.00 no changes on each gears.

areo F.300 R.475

BTW the 905 power has been patched but you all knew that just confirming.

Have yet to try the ring i am sure it will be challenging and need changes or not will see.

Hi Platoon. 43.668 :P, but useless other than pure qualifying. 43.9's with a raceable setup.

What she says is true ,and 43.8 is off the pace to say the least ,I can think of three drivers from Elite myself included who were running 43.7 as a raceable car well before Christmas ,43.6 as a Qualifying car as for going down to 43.4 as Whoosier you must be holding a great smoothe line to be hitting that time well done girl

What she says is true ,and 43.8 is off the pace to say the least ,I can think of three drivers from Elite myself included who were running 43.7 as a raceable car well before Christmas ,43.6 as a Qualifying car as for going down to 43.4 as Whoosier you must be holding a great smoothe line to be hitting that time well done girl

Ahhhh, the Holy Grail of shaving 100ths/sec or in some cases shaving 1000ths/sec can have its own personal reward of achievement...I have struggled with this, teetering with the adrenaline of getting that "fast lap" and stability. Although I must say, the temptation of getting going fast is great, stability and consistency over speed must prevail IMO if working to achieve the "W".

Ahhhh, the Holy Grail of shaving 100ths/sec or in some cases shaving 1000ths/sec can have its own personal reward of achievement...I have struggled with this, teetering with the adrenaline of getting that "fast lap" and stability. Although I must say, the temptation of getting going fast is great, stability and consistency over speed must prevail IMO if working to achieve the "W".

Most of it is down to driving a perfect racing line trying to be smooth around the turns ,as opposed to the cars tune ,Sure you have to have a good tune to get near these times but a good line knocks off the tenths of a second that posts a good lap time

You dont drive like this in a race ,so set ups have to be slightly different to avoid wiping out the rest of the pack ,but i`m still pulling 208mph on my own

Last edited:
Most of it is down to driving a perfect racing line trying to be smooth around the turns ,as opposed to the cars tune ,Sure you have to have a good tune to get near these times but a good line knocks off the tenths of a second that posts a good lap time

You dont drive like this in a race ,so set ups have to be slightly different to avoid wiping out the rest of the pack ,but i`m still pulling 208mph on my own

At what point are you getting that 208mph? I've managed to get the 208mph, however it just flickers at the end of the back stretch :( I watched Whoosier girls lap...very interesting, at she is topping 209-210mph...not sure the exact track conditions created and whether it was on or offline, all of which are factors...time of day even...anyway, no matter what they are...its safe to say I am nowhere near it :crazy:

At what point are you getting that 208mph? I've managed to get the 208mph, however it just flickers at the end of the back stretch :( I watched Whoosier girls lap...very interesting, at she is topping 209-210mph...not sure the exact track conditions created and whether it was on or offline, all of which are factors...time of day even...anyway, no matter what they are...its safe to say I am nowhere near it :crazy:
She's one fast lady. Keep trying mate & you'll get there.

I hit 208 mph on the back straight ,You also missed out what Car do you use ,if your trying with a gen 6 or 2013 car forget it lol ,you need either of the 2010 fords or the 2011 brian Vickers Toyota the rest seem to bog down at 202mph then labour to 206 mph
The 2010 AJ Almendinger car seems to be the fastest i beleive its what Whosier is using in the video
Also its worth taking notes on how she runs coming out of the corners ,if you see shes trying to come out of the corner as straight as possible not trying to hold the inside line which will scrub speed off then moving in and kissing the apex of the turn ,and another reason why you dont run like that in a race

check her vid/posts, practice sessions -offline. Time of day 1pm. Temperature 90°F (the hotter the better).
She said in the seasonal threads she's "not the best at setting up a transmission" but she is! I managed the same speeds out of turn 2 but never go past 208 at end of backstraight.

I hit 208 mph on the back straight ,You also missed out what Car do you use ,if your trying with a gen 6 or 2013 car forget it lol ,you need either of the 2010 fords or the 2011 brian Vickers Toyota the rest seem to bog down at 202mph then labour to 206 mph
The 2010 AJ Almendinger car seems to be the fastest i beleive its what Whosier is using in the video
Also its worth taking notes on how she runs coming out of the corners ,if you see shes trying to come out of the corner as straight as possible not trying to hold the inside line which will scrub speed off then moving in and kissing the apex of the turn ,and another reason why you dont run like that in a race
Good post. How low do you run in practice/qualifier?
The 2010-2011 Fords seem to be the fastest for me. With same setup, I was almost a full tenth off with 2011 Vickers (Camry).

ETA: Gen 6 cars are indeed slower, couldn't do best than 0.150sec worst with Edwards 2013.
PDI used Gen 5 specs for 2013 cars btw... Gen 6's are lighter, shorter, wider, and faster.

Last edited:
I played GT6 nightly for a month and have never saw this girl race I wanting to see for myself

I haven't been on in almost a month, and this borders on creepy!

Anyone heard from whoosier? She has been MIA for three weeks on PSN.

I'm good, just had a family matter to attend to and as Doodle posted I have to take care of my shoulder.

Yes, both 2010 Fords are the fastest solo so far, I did the updates yesterday and made a few laps last night to see if anything had changed.
Ran a .487 with the 2010 99 and a .49something with the 43, so it would seem nothing has.
I have run 43.5's with at least 5 other 2010's/11's and 43.7's with the 2013 #48, not as fast as the Fords but close enough.
I try to stick to this idea for qualifying "Quiet tires make for fast laps".

check her vid/posts, practice sessions -offline. Time of day 1pm. Temperature 90°F

This is correct :)

I haven't been on in almost a month, and this borders on creepy!

I'm good, just had a family matter to attend to and as Doodle posted I have to take care of my shoulder.

Yes, both 2010 Fords are the fastest solo so far, I did the updates yesterday and made a few laps last night to see if anything had changed.
Ran a .487 with the 2010 99 and a .49something with the 43, so it would seem nothing has.
I have run 43.5's with at least 5 other 2010's/11's and 43.7's with the 2013 #48, not as fast as the Fords but close enough.
I try to stick to this idea for qualifying "Quiet tires make for fast laps".

This is correct :)
Great to see you back and take care of the shoulder. I know what you're going through. I've got tears in both rotator cuffs :guilty:
Do you have a setup for Daytona, Motegi or Indy at 70% power for offline races? Every tune I've found is for 100%.

take care of yourself and family, good to have you back. I hope to see you post another personal best soon!
When you get a chance, can you check your inbox?

Ran a .487 with the 2010 99 and a .49something with the 43, so it would seem nothing has
nope, nothing has, you're still the fastest by far! next best I know of is 43.693 (online @90° with 2010 Allmendinger), I'm about a tenth more off... offline, add another tenth for online... ouch.

Last edited:
Great to see you back and take care of the shoulder. I know what you're going through. I've got tears in both rotator cuffs :guilty:
Do you have a setup for Daytona, Motegi or Indy at 70% power for offline races? Every tune I've found is for 100%.

Thank you and the shoulder is feeling better but it still going to curtail me doing TT's for the foreseeable future.
No real difference between 100% and 70% other than changing final gear, I honestly just changed the final gear, camber and downforce when I did the career mode races.

take care of yourself and family, good to have you back. I hope to see you post another personal best soon!
When you get a chance, can you check your inbox?

nope, nothing has, you're still the fastest by far! next best I know of is 43.693 (online @90° with 2010 Allmendinger), I'm about a tenth more off... offline, add another tenth for online... ouch.

I'll go through them today, I have quite to few to read through. Just set your car up to handle and be free when being pushed and that's all that really matters online, to me anyway.
That's why I never race the 2010 Fords, I don't think they are a good lead car.

Glad to hear your feeling better Whoosier. I'm curious as to what you think of the 2013's and why they seem to be slower than the 11's and 10's.

Thank you, Soupcan. I am certainly not the one to ask about the 2013's, not only have I not used them much I have not even raced Nascars in over a month. I will tell you what I do know about them, the 2013 #18,#99 and #43 have 1 more PP than the others. Although updated versions of GT6 don't show this, it is shown in the original version and it is IMO comes from a small amount of added downforce.

I have the 2013 #48 and #8, they just seem to have less rear grip the the 2011's and 10's. I have a 2013 #18 and it is more stable but much slower than the others, which I believe is the added downforce.

615pp and 616pp 2013's
2013 Nascar.jpg

Latest Posts

Back