NASCAR Heat: Evolution

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 555 comments
I wonder if they're maybe trying to attract more people who wouldn't consider a NASCAR game because "Ovals are really easy to drive around, you don't even need to be an athlete."

or the AI is crap on the oval tracks and they are trying to hide it

eutcehnyx was pretty good at cherry picking what tracks they used in their gameplay videos.

or the AI is crap on the oval tracks and they are trying to hide it

eutcehnyx was pretty good at cherry picking what tracks they used in their gameplay videos.

The videos I looked at from Jeff seem to show the AI being just fine on Ovals.

another thing I noticed is there is no track map on the hud that i've seen in the videos i have watched. so there's no way of knowing where the leader is on the track. this could be an issue for longer races

:lol: http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/24/12622906/nascar-heat-evolution-preview-hands-on
rgz2dh6t5oix.png

so I wonder what 6 tracks they consider the easiest? obviously dega and daytona will be on there. what are the 4 other tracks?

so I wonder what 6 tracks they consider the easiest? obviously dega and daytona will be on there. what are the 4 other tracks?

I would put Martinsville on that list, Homestead, Michigan, and Kansas probably belong there too.

Being the classical thinker, I loathe ideas like this. Like when I was a newcomer on GTPlanet while Gran Turismo 4 was in the works, I always thought in the offline experience to not be overshadowed or disregarded compared to online play. A game has to be good away from any multiplayer or online connectivity before even considering online options. That is, unless a game was specifically designed for multiplayer. So don't dumb down the offline experience too much to where you feel you HAVE to have an online connection to enjoy a game. Like I've heard about a Call of Duty or something that has a four or six hour long non-multiplayer campaign. Even games like "Test Drive Unlimited 2" had a so-so offline deal though the online experience is better. Connections online fail or don't happen at all. What do you do then? Make the offline experience as great as the online experience. A lot of games' lives last longer when you don't depend on multiplayer to be key especially after most of the servers no longer support a game.

I'm with all or most of you on this deal here.

the lack of a track map on the hud really sucks. There is absolutely no way of knowing where the leader is or how far behind you are once you lose sight of him. How are suppose to make pit strategies on the fly if you have no clue where the leaders are?

This game seems to be going to the same way as other recent games in only focusing on short races

the lack of a track map on the hud really sucks. There is absolutely no way of knowing where the leader is or how far behind you are once you lose sight of him. How are suppose to make pit strategies on the fly if you have no clue where the leaders are?

This game seems to be going to the same way as other recent games in only focusing on short races
Well come to think of it D2D didnt have it either. They had a time board that gave you live updates of time in seconds of where the cars relative to you were.

As long as the game ain't a buggy mess, they might add a track map in the a patch. I just realize that as well. I don't get that how they could miss that.

Back