NASCAR Heat: Evolution

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 555 comments
Its their first game in a while, let them get all the important parts worked out before they implement things like Livery editor.
Not saying the game sucks because of that, just disappointed is all. I mean there's many other off putting things asides from that.

I can see why everyone is on the fence about this 40 players online. I have mixed feelings towards it. Good news, they have servers, bad news, no cautions (even though it won't be to big of a problem when racing against people you know). Good news, Three different types of lobbies to separate the type of racer you are from other's. Bad news, the timer is set to 60 seconds and once someone join then it starts to count down which i don't like. Good/bad news, 40 freaking players online! This could either go pretty smooth or straight up terrible. I just can't see 40 cars on track and not have some sort of issue. Hell, i can't even see 24 working out smoothly. I want them to prove me wrong though. I hope they test the hell out of this. If everything turns out to be smooth then it's gonna be a blast. I got so many friends on my friend list that's into NASCAR and the NASCAR games of course, and if we can get 40 of us into that lobby with no problem then im gonna be so happy racing against a full field of 40 great clean racers online. It's go feel like iracing probably. With the full field of cars on track that is.

Game looks garbage, but at least we have blowovers

Not really "Pumped" as Jahgee promised. The liar :lol:

Hearing that online will be Server based and not peer-to-peer like the other games not only explains quite abit (you hear that, PD?), but gives me abit more confidence. Still, its hard to grasp that I'll get to actually play a console racing game with 40 players online.

Last edited:
As a guy who played the ETX games (and still does) way too much the game looks pretty good for a group who hasn't made a NASCAR game since the PS2.

Of course I have to play the game to see how it is and see how the cars feel and stuff, but from what i seen they did a pretty good job with the important thing's. The thing's ETX didn't get right in their games which was AI, career mode, and damage and (possibly) online. NHE AI doesn't look like it's on rails and knows where the player is at, at all times and they look somewhat difficult. The damage model looks great. No tear effect like in ETX games. You can blow an engine and have aero problems if you wreck. The only thing im still curious about is that can you DNF on this game. And last is the career. The ability to create a driver and customize him or her, start off underfunded and build up, upgrade your shop, earning sponsorship and etc... I still wanna find out some more about career like stats, hiring guys to join the team like pit crew members and stuff. But anyway, they can build something off of this. I know it's a bunch of stuff missing but what have we been asking for the last 8 or so years.....? A good solid stable NASCAR game and it seem like this is the one.

I don't know how they can screw it up. Literally cut and paste D2D, give us new bodies and tracks, and get Mike Joy if Allen Bestwick can't voice over, and that's literally it. That's literally all I want.

Sorry to double post but here's a good hour of gameplay. It actually looks bearable after awhile.

Jeff Fagviano and Brad K are in the video aswell racing.

Good to see Matt Tift up and about. I'm guessing the doctors haven't given him the approval to go racing yet.

So the game comes out in a few weeks. I'm not interested in leagues but i just want a good group of people to race with whenever I'm or they are available. Kinda like what the Crap pcars club does. So I'm on ps4 and wouldn't mind adding some of you guys so we can race.

I'm up for that. I doubt any of my old league racing friends from the days of NASCAR 09 are gonna be doing anything with this anytime soon so sure.

I'm up for that. I doubt any of my old league racing friends from the days of NASCAR 09 are gonna be doing anything with this anytime soon so sure.

Unless the online turns out to be excellent. I think if it does it will be bring a lot more people that went over to other racing games with NASCAR on it like GT5/6, Forza 6 and project cars. And maybe some guys from iracing.

kind of strange to me that they seem to focus so much of their gameplay videos on the only two road courses in the game

Back