NASCAR Heat: Evolution

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 555 comments

Those having to be patch notes and not basic features included at launch
Totalbiscuit-TANK20130629-220151.jpg

Those having to be patch notes and not basic features included at launch
Totalbiscuit-TANK20130629-220151.jpg

True. But at least their attempting to fix and add some thing's into the game. This won't all the sudden be a feature heavy game, but it's nice to see some improvements. Next year game i want a huge step up. Extra series, deep career mode, more options for everything, DNF's, presentation and etc.... Tbh its no excuse to have a lackluster game now. Maybe their only excuse is that their a small company and that's it.

meh.

nice to see them supposedly fixing some things but no mention of career mode AI rubberbanding or being able to adjust auto brake and traction control

meh.

nice to see them supposedly fixing some things but no mention of career mode AI rubberbanding or being able to adjust auto brake and traction control

Yea. The rubberbanding AI is what keeping me away from offline right now. That plus the broken caution system. But luckily they said they go address the caution system.

Patch notes are out. The PC guys actually already have the update. Consoles suppose to receive it next week from what they said. Here are the patch notes:

– Cars ghost out and are not collidable when driving backwards or parked in Normal Lobbies

– Cars ghost out and are not collidable and then are kicked mid-race when driving backwards or parked in Hosted Lobbies

– User can create simulation only lobbies with custom setups in Hosted Lobbies

– In Private Lobbies, users can modify race length and wear factor (Console-only)

Tracks

– Track surface improvements at Las Vegas

– Fence improvements at New Hampshire, Michigan, and Texas

– Fixed crazy bump at Chicagoland

– AI Improvements as Dover and Homestead

– Corrected the qualification rules at Indy, Michigan, and Pocono

– Superspeedway engine/car tuning (improved the RPM engine curve at superspeedways)

Visuals/Options

– Show position/lap in replay

– Added a screen adjustment feature in Options->Visuals

– Movie volume is now connected to SFX volume slider

– User can specify to Always Use Custom Setups in advanced options

Bugs Fixes

– Improved Yellow Flag sensitivity

– Fixed ordering of cars when pitting under yellow

– Fixed tire pressure labels in pitting options (LR and RF were swapped)

– Fixed bug where you could see “Custom AI level” when closing track settings, even if AI wasn’t set to Custom

– Fixed rare situation where user could get stuck at race day in multiplayer, without ever entering race

– Fixed issue that could cause performance hitches when playing spotter sounds

– Fixed issue where DLC wasn’t loaded if it was installed while the game was suspended

– The correct pit animation is displayed, taking into account how much fuel was remaining in the car

– Corrected scaling of damage (improved engine damage)

Miscellaneous

– Added 2016 NASCAR Next drivers (only playable in Quick Race mode)

– Performance enhancements when viewing season standings in UI and post-race

– Season standings only show the first 40 drivers

– Clarified that clutch only works with stick shift

– Speed points count up faster when earning a large number of points

– Players only get speed points for laps completed

System Specific

– PS4: Thrustmaster TH8A shifter and clutch pedals now work correctly (shifter must be plugged into wheel to work)

– PS4: Fixed challenge videos so that they play the correct video

– Xbox: Added Duel mode with voice chat. (Duel mode is an online two-player quick-race mode. We have no plans to release this feature on other systems.)

Also here is a video from someone that was showing off the new engine sounds. All I gotta say is that they sound a lot better than the 2002 sound. Not perfect but it's better. They still far off though.

Last edited:
Whoa, Gary Klutt (That guy from "Legendary Motorcar" for anyone that watches Velocity) is on there now? That is quite the surprise.

@nascarfan1400 Music-to-Voice ratio could use abit of work as I could barely hear your voice at times.

As for Ty Majeski, he's a development driver for Roush and does do real life racing. He was actually in the ARCA race at Kentucky not too long ago in the 99.

At least i know i'm better than majority of people that play this game. I bet these guys that got setups for online are talking so much trash. Just because you have a setup doesn't make you the better driver. If I had the setups they had I'll be just as better. I'm not trying to talk like im all that but i proved myself when i was going against great racers and winning against them a lot when everyone was forced to use setups before this update came out.

Strange post, why worry how people think of your racing ability :boggled:

Actually, no one would beat me if I had a good setup :D

any of you folks still playing this game regularly. I've been playing NASCAR 06 career mode lately. it makes the career mode in heat evolution hilariously barebones.

any of you folks still playing this game regularly. I've been playing NASCAR 06 career mode lately. it makes the career mode in heat evolution hilariously barebones.

I been on NASCAR 05 lately. I bought NASCAR 06 but it's a glitch in the career mode. If you sign with KHI in the Busch series and then go to a real team the next year like chance 2 the game freezes and it's nothing you can do about it. No matter how many times you reset the game or whatever. The only solution is to restart your career mode.

I been on NASCAR 05 lately. I bought NASCAR 06 but it's a glitch in the career mode. If you sign with KHI in the Busch series and then go to a real team the next year like chance 2 the game freezes and it's nothing you can do about it. No matter how many times you reset the game or whatever. The only solution is to restart your career mode.
hmm. I tried doing exactly that and it worked for me

but i did run into this glitch in nascar 07's career mode

As shown in the video, eventually the game runs out of drivers to replace the retired drivers in the NEXTEL Cup Series. Oddly enough, drivers only retire from the Nextel series and not the other lower series.

Once you reach year 2025, the game stops counting the years. So you essentially you can replay the 2025 season over and over. However, once you reach the year 2025, you will be able to play a few more seasons until eventually the game glitches out and will freeze if you attempt to simulate any qualifying or race session.

As shown in the video, eventually the game runs out of drivers to replace the retired drivers in the NEXTEL Cup Series. Oddly enough, drivers only retire from the Nextel series and not the other lower series.

Once you reach year 2025, the game stops counting the years. So you essentially you can replay the 2025 season over and over. However, once you reach the year 2025, you will be able to play a few more seasons until eventually the game glitches out and will freeze if you attempt to simulate any qualifying or race session.

Ohhh, so the 20 season limit the Thunder games had wasn't merely arbitrary, it was limited to that by the code.

2005 also has just Cup drivers retiring, but from what I remember they only retire if you're racing in Cup. I did a long, drawn out career once, was 9 or 10 years in, finally jump to cup, Mark Martin and Kyle Petty are starting in the same row.

Ohhh, so the 20 season limit the Thunder games had wasn't merely arbitrary, it was limited to that by the code.

2005 also has just Cup drivers retiring, but from what I remember they only retire if you're racing in Cup. I did a long, drawn out career once, was 9 or 10 years in, finally jump to cup, Mark Martin and Kyle Petty are starting in the same row.
2005 and 2006 career modes can have drivers retire during the first 20 seasons. after that drivers do not retire. For whatever reason, in 2007 EA had it so that drivers retired every season even after hitting the 20 year mark, so eventually the career mode would glitch out lol

I cant remember, did they have Busch Series and Truck Series drivers fill in? I think they did. I do know that nobody replaces Terry Labonte in the 44 on NASCAR 06, Because otherwise if you bought the team you would end up with 6 cars, which wouldnt fit on the 'team scanner' lol

I cant remember, did they have Busch Series and Truck Series drivers fill in? I think they did. I do know that nobody replaces Terry Labonte in the 44 on NASCAR 06, Because otherwise if you bought the team you would end up with 6 cars, which wouldnt fit on the 'team scanner' lol
yeah they have some of their fantasy drivers that raced full time in the lower series fill in. I've had dover monster replace dale jarett and jeff gordon lol

So 2017 schemes are coming to the game but it's gonna cost us. The 2017 update should of been free. Then on top of that you can't even use the 2017 car's online. All I do when I play this game is race online. No doubt that this is a pass for me. That was a stupid decision of them. They already don't have nobody playing their game and then they turn around and do this. They taking a lot of heat right now and tbh they deserve it.

Reminds me the glitch from the first game. Biffle's age was entered wrong so he retired at end of first year.

So 2017 schemes are coming to the game but it's gonna cost us. The 2017 update should of been free. Then on top of that you can't even use the 2017 car's online. All I do when I play this game is race online. No doubt that this is a pass for me. That was a stupid decision of them. They already don't have nobody playing their game and then they turn around and do this. They taking a lot of heat right now and tbh they deserve it.
considering how barebones this game was for $60.00, it is ridiculous that they are charging for the paint schemes

So I popped in some nascar 08 and quickly remembered why I hated that game

You can see AI rubberbanding in full effect. You can hear the ai engine topping out in the middle of the corner :lol:

Back