NASCAR Heat: Evolution

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 555 comments
This AI rubberbanding has completely taken the joy out of offline experience for me. everything just feels so scripted because the game is essentially predetermining where you will finish each race. LAME!!!!!

This AI rubberbanding has completely taken the joy out of offline experience for me. everything just feels so scripted because the game is essentially predetermining where you will finish each race. LAME!!!!!

I'm not go lie but i feel the same. I thought that rubberbanding crap was only gonna happen if the AI was set to auto but the fact that it's there even if you set the AI difficulty to your liking and it still happens pisses me off. I'll stick to racing online with friends until they get rid of that. I did one career race so far at Daytona and that was pretty much it. Career mode that is.

I'm not go lie but i feel the same. I thought that rubberbanding crap was only gonna happen if the AI was set to auto but the fact that it's there even if you set the AI difficulty to your liking and it still happens pisses me off. I'll stick to racing online with friends until they get rid of that. I did one career race so far at Daytona and that was pretty much it. Career mode that is.
The game is a joke. Seriously,how the hell can they call this a complete game? You can push a car around the track at Bristol and nothing happens? Really? Bump draft in a turn,stuck to a guys bumper. Should be a free PS plus game for PS3.

The game is a joke. Seriously,how the hell can they call this a complete game? You can push a car around the track at Bristol and nothing happens? Really? Bump draft in a turn,stuck to a guys bumper. Should be a free PS plus game for PS3.

And then there I was earlier on NR2003 getting a tiny rub in the quarter panel in the turn and exiting stage right into the SAFER Barrier.... such a contrast.

I feel like updates may have an influence. They already added new Kentucky, so its a start, i guess. Its not a realistic game but its fun.

I feel like updates may have an influence. They already added new Kentucky, so its a start, i guess. Its not a realistic game but its fun.
This game is not even close to being finished. Now you say it's not realistic? I want a NASCAR game as bad as you do. But to actually say it's good does a disservice to people who are looking for a finished game. Damn in GT5 you got spun if you tapped in a corner. GT6 too. I get it you as well as a whole bunch of others got stuck with another bad game. Drive Club,crap until a year later,PCars,ditto,Assetto Corsa,who knows. Look these developers keep putting out 🤬 games. Patch this update that. Tired of their garbage. Get their 🤬 together and put out a decent game. It's pathetic really.

Last edited:
This game is not even close to being finished. Now you say it's not realistic? I want a NASCAR game as bad as you do. But to actually say it's good does a disservice to people who are looking for a finished game. Damn in GT5 you got spun if you tapped in a corner. GT6 too. I get it you as well as a whole bunch of others got stuck with another bad game. Drive Club,crap until a year later,PCars,ditto,Assetto Corsa,who knows. Look these developers keep putting out 🤬 games. Patch this update that. Tired of their garbage. Get their 🤬 together and put out a decent game. It's pathetic really.
At least they care enough to patch it. Heck, NR2003 even had its fair share of patches

Patches don't necessarily make a game better. They may update different things, but if the entire physics engine is crap, then there's only so much a broken game can be molded into.

At least they care enough to patch it. Heck, NR2003 even had its fair share of patches
Yeah it was so bad that IRacing bought the franchise and rights to the game. LOL.

Patches don't necessarily make a game better. They may update different things, but if the entire physics engine is crap, then there's only so much a broken game can be molded into.
You know the old saying if it smells like 🤬 it probably is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it was so bad that IRacing bought the franchise and rights to the game. LOL.
Iracing releases patches, too...

This is true, but my point is, they are making an effort to improve the experience for us, which makes me think perhaps next year will be much better.

Iracing releases patches, too...

This is true, but my point is, they are making an effort to improve the experience for us, which makes me think perhaps next year will be much better.
Please don't compare IRacing to a console game. Your kidding me right. Maybe it's my age,but can someone release a game that actually does what it says on the cover?

Please don't compare IRacing to a console game. Your kidding me right. Maybe it's my age,but can someone release a game that actually does what it says on the cover?
I will compare iracing to consoles in the sense that literally everything gets patches now.

My only fear with patches is thing's getting messed up and new bugs appearing. As matter a fact, when they came out with that last patch a new bug appear for online. You could be racing and then all the sudden the timer pops up and when you cross the finish line the race is over even though it's not. Like the other night me and some friends was racing and we had it set to 42 laps and the race ended like around lap 29. Now to me the game ain't bad to me so far. But if they gonna come out with patches and thing's get messed up then I'm gonna be really pissed off. Test these patches!

the dmrnascar subreddit is becoming just like eutechnyx's forums back in the day. fanboys trying to shut up everyone who posts their criticisms and concerns about the game.

At this point, unless they pull a 2K16 and make it free a couple months before the next game comes out, this will be a hard pass

Seems to me like if I asked if you would recommend this game, I'd pass on "NASCAR Heat: Evolution" based on the impressions I'm seeing in this thread. Heck, some of you are even making me want to look at the old NASCAR Heat games instead. There wouldn't be too much to convince me to get this game even as someone who generally loves various forms of motorsport and as someone who has logged many laps in many different racing games. Seems like this is a hard sell.

you guys are bitching way too much,......... this game has better online lobbys then Assetto,..
still having more fun with it then F1 2016,....

And your expectations are maybe too high,... this is not a Triple A game.

Only thing i could talk about is, why am i soo slow in this game ??
Anybody suggestions??

you guys are bitching way too much,......... this game has better online lobbys then Assetto,..
still having more fun with it then F1 2016,....

And your expectations are maybe too high,... this is not a Triple A game.

Only thing i could talk about is, why am i soo slow in this game ??
Anybody suggestions??

Tune the car ;)

Psst, I have 2011 Nascar the Game, it's still played regularly to this day, more like time trial NASCAR as racing with AI is not challenging at all even on Legend and no assists. If anyone have that game, I did 160mph lap speed at Dover, 191mph at Texas, 19s at Martinsville and 1:16s at Infineon/Sonoma, which may not be alien time, but pretty close to qualifying speeds/times in 2010/2011.

Last edited:
Tune the car ;)

Psst, I have 2011 Nascar the Game, it's still played regularly to this day, more like time trial NASCAR as racing with AI is not challenging at all even on Legend and no assists. If anyone have that game, I did 160mph lap speed at Dover, 191mph at Texas, 19s at Martinsville and 1:16s at Infineon/Sonoma, which may not be alien time, but pretty close to qualifying speeds/times in 2010/2011.
can you tune it in multiplayer?? did not see that option,.... :boggled:

Tune the car ;)

Psst! It's 2016. No one plays Nascar 2011. We're discussing current gen PS4/XBox1.Good luck tuning in this game. Online,sure get on the track,pit and then you can tune. 🤬 brilliant.:gtpflag:

Psst! It's 2016. No one plays Nascar 2011. We're discussing current gen PS4/XBox1.Good luck tuning in this game. Online,sure get on the track,pit and then you can tune. 🤬 brilliant.:gtpflag:

So you can tune in Heat Evolution online ( in lobby ) ?

I got 2011 game in 2013, back then I could still race with other people, right now I could only do local 2 player race :) Did you ever played or owned the older 2011-2015 games ?

So you can tune in Heat Evolution online ( in lobby ) ?

I got 2011 game in 2013, back then I could still race with other people, right now I could only do local 2 player race :) Did you ever played or owned the older 2011-2015 games ?
Ridox2JZGTE, did you read what I posted. Yes you have to "pit". You cannot tune the car before the race,in an online lobby. The tuning is bare bones,to say the least.Not trying to be an ass. I don't usually try to comment on games that have been sitting in a box,in my basement for years, unless they had an actual impact on the discussion at hand. Which all those games don't.

Ridox2JZGTE, did you read what I posted. Yes you have to "pit". You cannot tune the car before the race,in an online lobby. The tuning is bare bones,to say the least.Not trying to be an ass. I don't usually try to comment on games that have been sitting in a box,in my basement for years, unless they had an actual impact on the discussion at hand. Which all those games don't.

So, there's no practice session before race, where you can pit to tune and test in Heat evolution ? Straight up race, that sucks. What do you mean bare bones ? Just slider tuning, no advanced stuff like tire pressure, track bar, wedge etc ?

So, there's no practice session before race, where you can pit to tune and test in Heat evolution ? Straight up race, that sucks. What do you mean bare bones ? Just slider tuning, no advanced stuff like tire pressure, track bar, wedge etc ?
I'm at work. I'll post later.

Latest Posts

Back