NASCAR Heat: Evolution

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 555 comments
So, there's no practice session before race, where you can pit to tune and test in Heat evolution ? Straight up race, that sucks. What do you mean bare bones ? Just slider tuning, no advanced stuff like tire pressure, track bar, wedge etc ?
You can tune online via in race pit stops. As of now there are no practice or qualifying sessions. However the pit options are fairly advanced, you can adjust Tape, Wedge, and Air Pressures

You can tune online via in race pit stops. As of now there are no practice or qualifying sessions. However the pit options are fairly advanced, you can adjust Tape, Wedge, and Air Pressures

Does the game let you change the track bar while driving? It's not like I'd rush out and get the thing because of that but it would be handy to know.

Tape,wedge and air pressure are advanced? :banghead: So is pulling off the tear away windscreen and changing a water bottle.

Yeah, there are less options for pit lane changes than there were when ETX had the series. I'll give it that.

Tbh i just want EA back at this point. I mean, im enjoying NHE but man I'm tired of ok/bad NASCAR games with a whole bunch missing. I bet if they was to make NASCAR games again they would **** on DMR and ETX NASCAR games on the first time back.

Tbh i just want EA back at this point. I mean, im enjoying NHE but man I'm tired of ok/bad NASCAR games with a whole bunch missing. I bet if they was to make NASCAR games again they would **** on DMR and ETX NASCAR games on the first time back.
Dont know what you got until its gone.

Can you use saved setup in online race ? In 2011 for example, I can save setups that can be used for race or time trial. If online have tape, wedge and air pressures, how about offline ? Does offline have more complex tuning like in Eutechnyx Nascars, like this for example, Texas 191+mph lap speed setup :

Texas Setup Nascar 2011, 191+mph lap speed/no assists/need warm up the tires
Tires:

Front Left:
Pressure: 30.0 psi
Camber: 5.00
Caster: 2.5

Front Right:
Pressure: 50.0 psi
Camber: -2.50
Caster: 5.0

Rear Left:
Pressure: 30.0 psi
Camber: 1.75

Rear Right:
Pressure: 47.0 psi
Camber: -1.75

Front Toe Adjustments:
Front Toe In: -1/16

Rear Toe Adjustments:
L.Rear Toe In: -1/16
R.Rear Toe In: 1/16
__________________________________________________ __________________________

Suspension:

Front Left:
Bump: 24 lb/in/s
Rebound: 24 lb/in/s
Spring: 440 lb/in
Ride Height: 6.50"

Front Right:
Bump: 31 lb/in/s
Rebound: 45 lb/in/s
Spring: 1100 lb/in
Ride Height: 6.50"

Rear Left:
Bump: 21 lb/in/s
Rebound: 28 lb/in/s
Spring: 400 lb/in
Ride Height: 8.91"

Rear Right:
Bump: 26 lb/in/s
Rebound: 40 lb/in/s
Spring: 600 lb/in
Ride Height: 9.05"
Trackbar: 9.25"
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Drivetrain and Aero
Differential: 3.73:1
1st: 2.94/10.97
2nd: 1.83/6.83
3rd: 1.28/4.77
4th: 1.00/3.73

Brakes:
Brake Bias: 58.0%

Steering:
Steering Lock: 15.5

Aerodynamics:
Grill Tape: 0%
Front Splitter: 4.50"
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Balance:

Weight:
Front Left : 938.3 lb
Front Right : 832.0 lb
Rear Left : 902.9 lb
Rear Right : 867.5 lb

Wedge and Bias:
Front: 50.0%
Left: 52.0%
Wedge: 49.0%

Front and Rear Sway Bar:
Front: 800 lb/in
Rear: 100 lb/in

Last edited:
Can you use saved setup in online race ? In 2011 for example, I can save setups that can be used for race or time trial. If online have tape, wedge and air pressures, how about offline ? Does offline have more complex tuning like in Eutechnyx Nascars, like this for example, Texas 191+mph lap speed setup :
No

The problem with that is EA bought the exclusive rights, then did 🤬-all with it after 2005, with each new game being worse than the last, so I blame them for the first half of the decade of crap. The threat of competition brings out the better of EA, Madden not withstanding, so an EA game opposed to this, I'll think about. EA alone? No.

The problem with that is EA bought the exclusive rights, then did 🤬-all with it after 2005, with each new game being worse than the last, so I blame them for the first half of the decade of crap. The threat of competition brings out the better of EA, Madden not withstanding, so an EA game opposed to this, I'll think about. EA alone? No.
I don't think EA would even be interested unless they had rights to it similar to what they have/had with Porsche.

Id give DMR another year. Everyones first year is a rocky one... A big plus would be more than just the cup series. Id love to run the truck series.

Id give DMR another year. Everyones first year is a rocky one... A big plus would be more than just the cup series. Id love to run the truck series.

To further this a little bit, we knew coming in that they were going to be reusing most of the ETX stuff, it was pretty much a get our name out there and show we can make a decent game and hopefully you'll like us enough to buy future ones. That's pretty much what they said it was in the beginning so it really shouldn't be a surprise that we got what we got.

Dont know what you got until its gone.

True. I remember when NASCAR 08 and 09 was getting so much crap thrown at it during that time. But looking at it now, those game's look like gold compared with what we got from 11-16. Like someone else said I'll give DMR another shot at it but they gotta take a huge step forward with the next game.

The more I play this game, the less fun it is to play. At this point, the AI is pretty much the only good part about this game to me and even that is flawed with the rubberbanding in career mode

I just went back and ran a couple races on "inside line" and the car handling just feels so much better and is much more fun to drive. it's just too bad the AI is so bad in that game

True. I remember when NASCAR 08 and 09 was getting so much crap thrown at it during that time. But looking at it now, those game's look like gold compared with what we got from 11-16. Like someone else said I'll give DMR another shot at it but they gotta take a huge step forward with the next game.

that's because 08 and 09 were such a step down compared to the previous years at the time.

that's because 08 and 09 were such a step down compared to the previous years at the time.

Here's an odd thing I found out about 09 (apart from the fact that with a wheel, its miles better then with a controller: The game used physics derived from the gmotor engine (Yes, THAT very same gmotor that is in GTR2 AND rFactor).

i dont get why people would want too tune in a nascar game.,,.
everybody must have the same car too have a fair race,. is my opinion!!!

And yes, they can have seperate lobbies for tuning.

anybody got a link too a site where i can learn how to properly drive around nascar tracks??

i dont get why people would want too tune in a nascar game.,,.
everybody must have the same car too have a fair race,. is my opinion!!!

And yes, they can have seperate lobbies for tuning.

anybody got a link too a site where i can learn how to properly drive around nascar tracks??

Wut ? In NASCAR, setting up the car is one of the key to win as everyone have similar spec car, the driver and the setup are the decisive factors, along with luck of course. Tire pressure alone can do great things to the car or bad things :sly:

Separate lobbies for tuning ? :confused:

Not sure if there's a site that teach how to drive around Nascar track ...

Wut ? In NASCAR, setting up the car is one of the key to win as everyone have similar spec car, the driver and the setup are the decisive factors, along with luck of course. Tire pressure alone can do great things to the car or bad things :sly:

Separate lobbies for tuning ? :confused:

Not sure if there's a site that teach how to drive around Nascar track ...

i like that everybodys chance is the same ,.. that only the skills of the driver matter.
( In F1 (reallife) its all about the fastest car, not the fastest driver, it is the driver that must make the difference not the car,... still my opinion ;) )

and with tuning lobbies i mean,... give us the choice,.. so everybody can get their kicks out of it!!!

give everybody a cookie they like !!!

images

i like that everybodys chance is the same ,.. that only the skills of the driver matter.
( In F1 (reallife) its all about the fastest car, not the fastest driver, it is the driver that must make the difference not the car,... still my opinion ;) )

and with tuning lobbies i mean,... give us the choice,.. so everybody can get their kicks out of it!!!

give everybody a cookie they like !!!

images
There aren't tuning lobbies online.

From a recent patch, they do allow for you to create a tune to run online, but you can't necessarily edit that tune online...

In the settings where you would change the game mode from Normal to Simulation, there's now an option to 'Always use Custom Setups' Changing this to Yes means you will use a setup made offline while online.

From a recent patch, they do allow for you to create a tune to run online, but you can't necessarily edit that tune online...

In the settings where you would change the game mode from Normal to Simulation, there's now an option to 'Always use Custom Setups' Changing this to Yes means you will use a setup made offline while online.

Wait a minute....i never saw that in the patch 2 notes.

Trust me, it's there. What makes it unfortunate though is you can't set the lobbies in accordance with that, so you'll sometimes have lobbies with guys who have custom setups and of course are like 1 second faster than everyone else.

Here's an odd thing I found out about 09 (apart from the fact that with a wheel, its miles better then with a controller: The game used physics derived from the gmotor engine (Yes, THAT very same gmotor that is in GTR2 AND rFactor).
You sure about that? I know they did 04 for pc, but i'm not sure about 09.

I think I rented NASCAR 08 and NASCAR 09 for the PlayStation 2 before. So it is an interesting factoid regarding the gMotor usage. Then again, it's been so long since I played those games that I even noticed.

I think I rented NASCAR 08 and NASCAR 09 for the PlayStation 2 before. So it is an interesting factoid regarding the gMotor usage. Then again, it's been so long since I played those games that I even noticed.

The PS2 used the old EA Sports engine back from NASCAR 2001, only the PS3/X360 versions use it.

Back