NASCAR Road Racing + Plymouth XNR (Sunday Classic Racing) Pimiki Double Champion!!!Finished 

Do you have any of these cars? Information check for future race series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Important notice: When picking your braking marker for the Sebring corner (see map below) don't rely on the 100 meter sign. At least offline there seems to be a bug causing the 100 meter sign to drop even if no one hits it. Gave me a big surprise on the 3rd lap of my practice run :P

Instead, I'd recommend to either look for the stairs on the right, or the road to the left.

Ascari-Track.jpg

It's nice to be back after a week spent looking at these!
What are "these"?! It's not the family is it?
Good to see you're back.

I've yet to have a successful race at Ascari, so if you see me parked up on the grass somewhere you know I've given up again. :indiff:
It's an odd track. The chicanes for instance (Rafael & Piff-Paff)- are you supposed to go over them or drive around them? The starts with the first chicane (Rafael) are always chaotic.

Does the second nascar race count? Because I didn't think so and pushed a little hard and took out a few people in the beginning, sorry about that! :nervous:

Bloodyboy!

It's one thing to see who 's on second place but it's natural because you did not even apologize for asking for this series in this competition does not work that way.
if so then you can be faster
look for another race or adapt a regular series of racing us!
Thank you !

Good racing today! I was pretty close to getting the 3rd place in the XNR race, but in the last section of the last lap I made a big mistake and went off the track :lol: Very close and clean racing with @rehdogg15 there 👍

I had a brand new tune for the Nascar: gearbox, suspension, LSD and downforce were completely overhauled. I wasn't the fastest driver out there, some did 2:09 laps while my best was a 2:10, and on average I did 2:11 laps. But I tried to play safe and stay out of trouble and in the end it payed off :)

Ascari Full Track_80.jpg Ascari Full Track_79.jpg Ascari Full Track_78.jpg Ascari Full Track_77.jpg Ascari Full Track_76.jpg Ascari Full Track_75.jpg Ascari Full Track_74.jpg Ascari Full Track_73.jpg Ascari Full Track_72.jpg

Nice pictures eran, and Nena's "99 air-baloons" is always an apreciated tune as that brings with it a lot of memories, although I didn't quite get the point as of why you put it in there... :S

Speaking of not getting the point ... Miki ??? Lex, help? :)

I do not have a wheel at the moment, because I am building a rig with my Dad, whenever I visit him we might work on it but it's by far not the only "project" going on so our development speed is somewhere near PD's so all I'll say is: "Soon!". As long as this is not finished, or me doing the next big mistake which is: buying a G29 ... (I know, just shh...) I will most probably not attend any races. I could use a DS3-controller, but than again I don't want to do this to you guys! :D

Nice pictures eran, and Nena's "99 air-baloons" is always an apreciated tune as that brings with it a lot of memories, although I didn't quite get the point as of why you put it in there... :S

Because of car #99 ;)

Hope your rig gets finished soon! Will you show us some pictures of it?

Yeah, really good and close clean races! I really enjoyed this week quite a lot. Perhaps due to Ascari being one of my favorite tracks. I also managed to be very consistent this time around (not counting the first race). I used to only focus on getting the quickest lap even though it doesn't win you the race, so I messed up a lot. Most of you probably passed me at least once while I'm off the track somewhere :P. However, I didn't try to post the quickest lap this time, just tried to be fast and consistent throughout the race and I managed to not mess up in the Nascar races, so that's great for me.

Anyway, I ****ing hate the XNR. :lol: Not the best thing to drive, especially with the additional 100 kg. And as soon as you touch the gas pedal you're facing either right or left!

The first Nascar race went smoothly with a few mistakes here and there, but nothing major. In the second race I got caught up in the first turn mess, but I managed to finish 3rd still so I'm happy about that :). Good races everyone, especially eran, we were racing closely in all the races!

Speaking of not getting the point ... Miki ??? Lex, help? :)

I do not have a wheel at the moment, because I am building a rig with my Dad, whenever I visit him we might work on it but it's by far not the only "project" going on so our development speed is somewhere near PD's so all I'll say is: "Soon!". As long as this is not finished, or me doing the next big mistake which is: buying a G29 ... (I know, just shh...) I will most probably not attend any races. I could use a DS3-controller, but than again I don't want to do this to you guys! :D

I am currently driving G27 government. PS4 GT7 you plan .In the G29 cockpit self-made controller is not never drove !

Exciting News!

The Cunningham C4R is coming to Gran Turismo! https://www.gtplanet.net/cunningham-c-4r-wins-2015-gran-turismo-award-at-pebble-beach/

Hopefully Kaz will add some other cars to give us a new racing category of 1950's Le Mans cars (the Aston Marton DB3S is already an award winner). Ideally he will add the Ferrari 375 Plus which won Le Mans in 1954 in the hands of Froilan "Speedy" Gonzalez and the second placed Jaguar D Type of Duncan Hamilton. This would be a good matchup with the Ferrari and Cunningham having the best acceleration, the Aston Martin the best handling and the Jaguar the best brakes and aerodynamics.

Below Cunningham C4R Chrysler V8 with four carbs was one of the most powerful engines raced at Le mans in 1954. The car placed 3rd and 5th overall including 1st in the S8 class.

Cunningham C4R Engine.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys!
This is not open lobby! This is Sick's Racing Room!

I saw some abusing yesterday:

Nascar 1:
BBB vs. Lex: I hit BBB after start in The Screw. I tried to wait him, just in the wrong place. I'm sorry.

Nascar 2:
Harsk vs. BBB: Harsk divebombed BBB in Gachot, then BBB pushed him in Sebring.
BBB vs. Pimiki: Pimiki made a mistake in Oulton, then BBB hit him before Copse.

Please more attention and respect, less agression.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Is there any chance that the Traction Control could be allowed this series? Neither one of the cars is a purist classic car, right? I do not think TCS gives any advantage but would maybe reduce the sidewise action and "litterboxing" :)

In the second Nascar race I crashed someone returning on track because I could not make fast enough evasive steering so I hit him straight in the tail. Lost motivation and retired after that. Car wass wrecked anyway :)

I love those cars too... I was checking that list a while back and my understanding is they only bring these cars in new GT versions, so maybe in GT7...?

Last edited:
Hey guys!
This is not open lobby! This is Sick's Racing Room!

I saw some abusing yesterday:

Nascar 1:
BBB vs. Lex: I hit BBB after start in The Screw. I tried to wait him, just in the wrong place. I'm sorry.

Nascar 2:
Harsk vs. BBB: Harsk divebombed BBB in Gachot, then BBB pushed him in Sebring.
BBB vs. Pimiki: Pimiki made a mistake in Oulton, then BBB hit him before Copse.

Please more attention and respect, less agression.

Thank you.

+10 👍

I want to able to trust the driver next to me, knowing that we can go side by side through a corner without any foul action. Also, the race track is no place for vendettas, if you have a score to settle you can do that after the race.

Apologies for not posting up the results or a race report yet or responses to recent questions - this is due to time constraints, but I will get them up soon. In the meantime please enjoy this superb video narrated by former racing driver and joint founder with Lucky Casner of the Camoradi Racing Team, Fred K Gamble. The film includes many shots and details of the 1960 and 1961 Sebring 12 hour races. Note, in part 2 only the first 5 minutes relates to Sebring.

Race Report - Round 6 from Ascari

It's the first time that we have raced at this track and it wasn't universally well received. personally I enjoyed the track, even though I got poor results and didn't know the track well enough to race without using the driving line. I was pleased to improve by three seconds compared with my qualification time during the first Nascar race and therefore had high hopes for an improved result in race two. Early in the first lap, after a steady start I braked too early to avoid a racing incident and fell back to last place behind John Wells. He was driving nicely so I was unable to pass until John made a slight mistake and slipped off. I found that the track punishes you if you try too hard - there is only a narrow racing line on which you can go fast, braking too late and going wide loses a lot of time and it is a difficult track to pass unless someone is giving you space. Plus points about the track include the lack of runoff / gravel traps which makes it more realistic for classic racing and the flowing nature of some corner sequences also the realistic width (some modern tracks have been ruined by the requirements of the F1 circus). We will definitely use it again in the future from time to time, but not often - only when it appears relevant as a good historical substitute.

The Plymouth XNR seemed well suited to the track. On this thread someone suggested, a few weeks ago, adding some of the ballast to the front and not going with the normal 50 / 50 balance - since trying this I have found the Plymouth easier to drive with less tendency to spin out.

Clean Driving
Just to emphasise points made by Lex Lathor and others in the thread - some contact is inevitable in racing whether virtual or real, but please try to minimise contact by not dive bombing up the inside etc, being sensible and patient at the start of races and not weaving on the track. If in doubt, please re-read the racing guidelines on GT Planet. Penalties which will include loss of points etc may have to be considered, but I don't want to spend my free time watching replays to issue penalties, so all drivers please exercise care as if it was your own car.

Traction Control
We have had a request to allow traction control. This request is made from time to time and I have given it a lot of thought, but would prefer to keep it disallowed so that the emphasis is on developing throttle control. We will continue to allow ABS and the driving line, but not the other driving aids.

License Upgrades
GTP TLE and Bloodyboyblue have been upgraded from Silver to Gold.

Monzanapolis Points 6.jpg
Nascar Points 6.jpg

Next Round 7 of 12 from Red Bull Ring (short track for Plymouth XNR, long track for Nascar)

I hope you will all stay for the next championship (Round 0 of 12 starts 4th October). This is our most ambitious yet and is inspired by the Le Mans entries in 1966 ("1966 Sports Car Cup") and 1967 ("Three Ten Cup"). In order to give an authentic look and feel the new championships use replica cars with original race numbers and colours.

1966 Historic Le Mans Poster.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ic-replica-racing-starts-4th-oct-2015.316026/

Please check out the thread above. If you are not sure which cars you have been assigned send me a message and I will check and reply asap.

Added by edit - to make the thread easier to follow, the posts have been numbered. Posts 7 and 8 contain driver names against cars and include the race numbers and paint colours.

Last edited:
I apologized to miki after the race in case you guys didn't notice, that was completely accidental and a racing incident since he was coming back to the line after going wide and I saw an opportunity and was already there and couldn't really do anything but hit him, especially in these cars, I feel like it was a glitch that he spun out though since on my screen we made light side by side contact and then he went spinning which doesn't really make any sense.

I felt like Ascari was one of the few races I had a chance to win anyway so I was driving over aggressive mostly, I'll probably be back to my normal mild-mannered self for the rest of the races and finish dead centre of the pack.

Last edited:
Back