NASCAR Road Racing + Plymouth XNR (Sunday Classic Racing) Pimiki Double Champion!!!Finished 

Do you have any of these cars? Information check for future race series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Sick Cylinder I won't be able to make the race tomorrow. I'm scheduled to work 10-2 EST. Don't know why my job scheduled me to work on a Sunday. :banghead:

No problem - see you next time.

AMOC Festival Report Part 2

Below these two MG powered TVR Granturas were nose to tail fighting hard all through their race. Below functional race cockpit and inset highly tuned MG engine with twin Webers.

TVRs & Tiger.jpg

Ford V8 powered Sunbeam Tiger number 20 was very rapid.Bonnet was slightly raised to improve under bonnet airflow / cooling - getting rid of heat was always a problem with these cars and these cars.

A car desperately needed in GT6/7 is the Factory Lightweight Jaguar E Type which raced in period against the Ferrari 250 GTO, AC Cobra 289. Check out this example - in the race it was a strong second behind a 289 Cobra, but sadly had to make an extra pit stop due to an over filled / spilling fuel tank.

E Types.jpg

Above left factory lightweight Roadster - this one is painted in the famous Briggs Cunningham team colours. That team competed at Le Mans many times and their E Types were raced against the Shelby team Cobra's in 1963. Above right number 25 E Type Coupe was one of the best sounding (loudest) cars.

Below Porsche 968 number 29 won the AMOC Intermaque race. The podium was completed by a Ferrari 355 and an Aston.

Ferrari & Porsche & Alfa.jpg

Above right Alfa was perfectly restored.

Astons.jpg

Number 9 Aston DB2 was driven by a novice and circulated at the back of the field. Number 44 V8 Aston Intermarque racer was highly modified. Number 53 DB4 Lightweight - these are very popular for racing and still very potent today. The nearest we are likely to get in GT7 is the Aston Martin DB5 which is currently the most popular classic in the suggestions list.

Last edited:
Sorry but I won't be able to race today too. A friend came back from studying overseas for a while so I'll be out with him today. See you all next week and good luck in today's races.

Internet failure! I suppose I could share it from the phone, but I don't really have energy to mess with that.
You could just put me as the winner on today's nascar race, I feel as if I would have gotten that position if I had been able to race right now! ;)

funniest moment at Truckfest: hungarian stuntrider "Tróger Mókus" (Bum Squirrel)

No iceberg? ;)

Race report:

XNR - Worked pretty well, qualified as 3rd but had an incident in the first corner which brought me back to last position. Entered epic hunter mode and advanced through the field until I was halted by @Cu3e 's excellent defensive driving. I was hoping for a mistake but he kept his cool and covered all the apexes and on the straight there was nothing I could do. Very close racing at the end :) Finished 4th.

Nascar 1 - Didn't have the speed to keep up with the leaders, but was lucky enough to benefit from some mistakes and made it from 5th to 3rd.

Nascar 2 - Better pace this time. Managed to stay near the leaders for the first few laps, but then I made a mistake and ran wide out on the slippery surface in the corners before the back straight. Finished 3rd here as well.

Race Report Round 9 from Suzuka East & Suzuka

These two tracks always seem to throw up good racing and the cars seemed to be well suited to their respective tracks - the Plymouth XNR at Suzuka East and the Nascar at Suzuka 2014. I qualified at the back and made a steady start, benefitting in the early laps from other peoples offs so gradually climbed up the order before inevitably losing places to the faster drivers behind as they recovered their positions. This however gave me the opportunity to try to follow their lines after they passed. The action was clean at my end of the field with nothing more than the occasional taps of normal racing. In the Plymouth race I noticed that Pimiki's car had broken down on the start finish straight near the wall about six laps from the end. I stayed to the outside of the track to avoid a collision, but near the end I was passed by a couple of faster cars who went very close to the inside wall where I presume there was a collision or emergency avoiding action as there was a lot of dust and I undeservedly gained a place.

If you are retiring from the race please sink your car deep into a gravel trap - don't leave it on track where it might be hit by other cars. Try not to rage quit, but if there is an incident and you are too angry to continue, just take a break and return for the next race after you have had a chance to calm down (perhaps with a nice cup of tea) - please don't retaliate on track - people will and should drive cleanly, but some contact and / or mistakes are inevitable.

The Nascar races followed a similar pattern with a steady start, gaining and then losing a few places. In the second Nascar race I was hoping for an improvement in my lap times and although I eventually improved by a second on my best lap, at first I was lapping a second slower - I presume this is down to a lack of concentration and or an inability to get back into the racing rhythm. I was very pleased with my result in the second Nascar race although IfAndOr seemed to slow just before the line gifting me an extra place. He has improved more than me over the years so it is rarer now that I am near him, but he is always a true gentleman and good to race with.

Turnout for the races was a bit disappointing - hopefully the track will be fuller for the final three rounds. Please all get your cars ready for the next series - not long now before it starts. Silver drivers only have two cars to get ready - one for the "1966 Sports Car Cup" and one for the "1967 Three Ten Cup" (so called because the cars in that series are tuned to 310bhp). Gold and Platinum drivers have four cars to get ready - their Ford GT40 for the "1966 Sports Car Cup" and three cars for the "1967 Three Ten Cup". Please post a picture of each car onto the new thread - there are quite a few detail points to get right with colours, numbers etc. and this will save time later. We do have a test round 0, but the purpose of that is a final test and check not to go through the little details which can be checked beforehand.

Thanks to everyone who stayed on for the recent photo shoots - much appreciated - here are a couple of posters from those (first photo courtesy of Lex Lathor). PS if you are not planning to enter the next series please let me know asap so that I can line up replacement drivers. If you are unsure about your cars just let me know, the next series is inevitably more complicated than normal, but it will be followed in January by a simple series.

Please visit the new thread. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...s-replicas-starts-4th-oct-2015-spaces.316026/

Combined Poster 1966 & 1967.jpg
Round 9 Plymouth XNR.jpg
Round 9 Nascar.jpg

Next Round 10 from Midfield

@GTP_TLE152 Pushed me off track so I could lose on the 2nd race!!! :(

'Off the track'? definitely not mate, you stayed well on - I was the one pushed off track and had to cut through the chicane.

@Sick Cylinder or other host - if you have time can you check Lap 6 chicane and Lap 7 (final lap) hairpin please if he he wants to open a stewards inquiry.

Other than that I was surprised to be competitive after being away from 3 weeks, good race weekend. See you all Sunday

'Off the track'? definitely not mate, you stayed well on - I was the one pushed off track and had to cut through the chicane.

@Sick Cylinder or other host - if you have time can you check Lap 6 chicane and Lap 7 (final lap) hairpin please if he he wants to open a stewards inquiry.

Other than that I was surprised to be competitive after being away from 3 weeks, good race weekend. See you all Sunday
I'm sorry about this, but I was really pissed off about this....

@Harsk100 @GTP_TLE152

On my replay file Harsk bumped TLE in the chicane at the end of lap 6 and made a pass, and on lap 7 TLE bumped Harsk in the hairpin and made a pass.

To me it looks like a case of karma. Harsk lost a position because of a bump, but it was a position that he had gained because of another bump on the previous lap.

You should both be disqualified and I should be given the win :dopey:

(Just kidding)

I will have a look at the replay and will not comment until then, but might not have time to do this until next week.

Yes - a very good return to racing - glad to see you back TLE.

Hopefully we get a fuller grid this Sunday. If anyone has any friends who might want to race, let them know about our series - they don't need to be fast and I am hoping for a full grid with the new series.

Classic car Show - Sunday 13th September 2015

Hi guys I had a great time at a classic car show this morning. I've posted some pictures of some of the most interesting cars. Highlights for me were my first sight of an incredibly rare (in the UK) 1960 Autounion 1000S two stroke triple. The owner explained that in 1959 the cars were badged as DKW's. He engages free-wheel mode using a special lever when going down hills which protects the engine from under oiling. Other cars that I haven't seen before include the Packard Ultramatic and the Siva which in approximately 1970 was the car chosen for the TV series Doctor Who (not this actual car). I included a photo of an Opel Kadet especially for Flaco, a Ford GT40 - you can never have too many GT40's. Other personal favourites include the very rare TVR Taimar Turbo - the Taimar was a later development of the M series and the turbo version was developed for TVR by Broadspeed and featured a blow through system with a pressurised carb rather than the more usual suck through system. Torque of the 3.0 Essex V6 was massively increased so this must be a very exciting car to drive.

Slide 1 Final.jpg
Slide 2 Final.jpg
Slide 3 Final.jpg
Slide 4 Final.jpg
Slide 5 Final.jpg
Slide 6 Final.jpg
Slide 7 Final.jpg

See you all on track later!

I'm sorry harsk, but your driving is getting really annoying. Every time you're behind me you overtake me by pushing me off the track. This has happened at least 3 times, probably a bit more. Even in today's race you overtook me by pushing my car, which almost got off track but it was close. Whenever I'm behind you, you try to block me any way you can even if I'm side by side with you and end up pushing me. And in today's race I was taking the inside line and you wer eon the left when you were leading into the tunnel. I stayed on the right and you suddenly cut in front of me and ended up being pushed by me. I don't know what you and Flaco are on about, because for me I was totally just minding my own business and I couldn't do anything about it. Maybe because it is online it seems like I did it on purpose, but I assure you I didn't

It's really bothersome and quite a few people have already complained about your driving, so I'm sure you know you're at fault here. I didn't wanna bother with the last race cause it'd be the same story, being pushed off track when you're close to me. I'm sure everyone here cares about clean driving, so try to do that please. There is aggressive and defensive driving, but what you're doing isn't any of these.

Sorry I was just a little late, various real life things going on!

And sorry I quit out. I couldn't see a third of the drivers so didn't think there was much point in racing and maybe causing others to crash.

Possibly this is what caused your "incidents" Rehdogg? I couldn't see you or indeed Harsk!

Shame really because I like Midfield.

Last edited:
Whenever I'm behind you, you try to block me any way you can even if I'm side by side with you and end up pushing me. And in today's race I was taking the inside line and you wer eon the left when you were leading into the tunnel. I stayed on the right and you suddenly cut in front of me and ended up being pushed by me.

+1 - I've experience too much weaving myself and being turned in on, especially the last race at Suzuka

Sorry I couldn't attend, I didn't get home in time for the race, hope everyone had good races

Last edited:
I'm sorry harsk, but your driving is getting really annoying. Every time you're behind me you overtake me by pushing me off the track. This has happened at least 3 times, probably a bit more. Even in today's race you overtook me by pushing my car, which almost got off track but it was close. Whenever I'm behind you, you try to block me any way you can even if I'm side by side with you and end up pushing me. And in today's race I was taking the inside line and you wer eon the left when you were leading into the tunnel. I stayed on the right and you suddenly cut in front of me and ended up being pushed by me. I don't know what you and Flaco are on about, because for me I was totally just minding my own business and I couldn't do anything about it. Maybe because it is online it seems like I did it on purpose, but I assure you I didn't

It's really bothersome and quite a few people have already complained about your driving, so I'm sure you know you're at fault here. I didn't wanna bother with the last race cause it'd be the same story, being pushed off track when you're close to me. I'm sure everyone here cares about clean driving, so try to do that please. There is aggressive and defensive driving, but what you're doing isn't any of these.
I didn't push your car off track. I have made an overtake. And I didn't even try to block you, but when you were executing the overtaking, I was doing moves to protect my position.

I'm trying to do the clean race, but all I wanted is to do better than the previous race...

All I can say is that I'm very sorry. But in previous year, I was the driver who has used to make clean race and getting 2-3 wins in every weekly meeting... But now after I got a new PS3, I don't feel that I'm the same driver like I was in previous year... :(

...I don't know what you and Flaco are on about...
Hey I only told you what I saw. I went out to reboot my router and came back to late, the Qualifying had already started so I decided to watch. Since you had Pole Position I put the camera on you and I enjoyed the race and the battles between you and Harsk, and I didn't see any really bad moves from either of you until lap 14, and the way I saw it was that you should have been the one to avoid that colission to the one in front of you because your bumper was just about on the height of his rear tyre which is simply not enough to claim your line. If this would have been Harsk causing you to spin I would tell Harsk exactly the same thing, so I ain't 'on about' nothing!

Last edited:
XNR: Spoiled by the invisibility bug and the mayhem on the first lap.

Nascar 1: Best race of the evening. Wish I had a bit more speed though.

Nascar 2: Tried a low-downforce setup, worked well on the straight but was horrible elsewhere. Still, had a nice race with @bloodyboyblue although I probably slowed him down quite a lot.

Driving with a controller worked better than I had thought. I noticed that I am a bit out of routine now that I haven't played the game in a while.

GNX race, I didn't see anyone except 3 or 4 people, my car was a mess but I managed to get past Sick after he had made a mistake or two, before that, Manasseh took the chance to pass me and Sick in good fashion, he must have seen a gap that I didn't or I was just too careful behind Sick having in mind that there can be people I don't see and they might not see me either. Some time after I closed up to Manasseh again and managed to pass him, he then was able to stay close but within a (for me) non-dangerous distance until the last lap, well who knows he might have had a chance to attack if there was one more lap. Great racing Manasseh!

If you came in 4th it means I was 3rd? I have no idea, will wait for the tables.

First race NASCAR I didn't make it back on time from rebooting my router but I was playing my role as a spectator and wannabe-Marshal (sorry again for typing during race).

Second race NASCAR turned out as I had expected, since that car was a mess too. Now being able to see everyone on track, I still didn't see most of them due to their much faster pace while I struggled to keep the darn thing under control with my fingers hurting ... damn controllers, how do you controller-users do that? Close to end I got a little closer to bloodyboyblue and eran, but could only watch their battle from a distance and made a mistake in the last lap so the gap at the finish got bigger again.

All in all though, it felt good to be back.

Last edited:
GNX Race: In first lap, I was 7th, but in the 3rd corner, I couldn't avoid hitting another car which made me spin out and went to 12th place. But still had 6th place though.

Nascar Race 1: I have qualified at 7th overall, but I went to 4th place, fighting for the 2nd place with Lex and Rehdogg. I was on 2nd place until Pimiki has spinned out with Dr. P which was a miracle. I thought that miracle would help me to winning that race, but in the end, it didn't help. Simply because in lap 14, I was closing Rehdogg's line and instead of he backing up, he made me spin out which made me lose the race because of him.

Nascar Race 2: As the Rehdogg has left the lobby, then I was 1st on the grid (considering that the Race 2 is Fastest First). But Pimiki had an good start and he has been leading the race at all time. I tried to close the gap, but one more time, it didn't work and I had to accept the 2nd place for the 2nd time.

General Veredict: Although that I was the Top Scorer of this race, I could have done better because I wanted more victories for WCS as I'm trying to be the driver like I was in the last year.
If I hadn't done the error at lap 14 like I did, it probably would be different.

If who thinks that I have made an divebombing to Rehdogg, then I'm really sorry. :(

What the H**L. I confused the days totally, I was sure it was Saturday yesterday, I probably should get the kids to school then? :boggled:
Well that means that it is gumball 3000 on tv tonight, and while I wasn't racing yesterday I built something awesome instead, a crappy 50cc Chinese scooter which is dead already at less than 2000 miles, have gotten a heart transplant in form of a Honda 100cc, worked perfectly! :)
DSC_0842.JPG

Sick, I don't know if I will be able to race in the final round as I will have a Furinkazen's WSC Race in same day.

But I will try my best to be there.

Back