NASCAR Road Racing + Plymouth XNR (Sunday Classic Racing) Pimiki Double Champion!!!Finished 

Do you have any of these cars? Information check for future race series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Daniel - More power and therefore speed will produce longer jumps! Back in the early days of Sick's Sunday Racing in GT5 we did a photoshoot for a French Cars Championship and produced this publicity shot. There was no trick photography involved - just careful positioning of the cars on track and precise timing. I was driving one of the Peugeot 908's and it took ages to get the shot, but I think it was worth it!

View attachment 451601
And how was the French Cars Championship? Who won this championship?

I suggest a Porsche championship, the rufs could easily be modified to standard Porsches which I have done with mine because of boredom.
But the reason I write now is because I can't race on Sunday, I think my wife purposely decided to work almost every Sunday just to sabotage me.
Maybe not, but I'm a bit afraid that it might be the same on the upcoming championship, I'm gonna try to make her change her workdays. My playtime is important to me, she could do the dishes or something on Sundays instead! ;)

How about a rally championship, which we use rally cars on the game. :lol:

If not, then maybe I suggest replicating the feel of 1997 FIA GT Championship.
1997FIA-start.JPG

Think I'm gonna go to the UK next year, flight ticket is cheaper than the drive to the airport. Is there something worth seeing over there? Like a car meet or someone's outrageous garage. Maybe I can can go to Sick and play some gran turismo? :D

Think I'm gonna go to the UK next year, flight ticket is cheaper than the drive to the airport. Is there something worth seeing over there? Like a car meet or someone's outrageous garage. Maybe I can can go to Sick and play some gran turismo? :D

If you come to the UK there are a number of motor racing attractions within easy reach of London / Gatwick Airport. I try to go to a few events each year and would be happy to meet up with fellow Sunday Racers at an event subject to weather.

I pick the best value (cheaper) events where paddock access and grandstand seats are free and (where possible) which are held on a Saturday. The 2016 calendars are not available yet, but I suggest keeping an eye on the websites for the following (I'll post up details of the best meetings when the new calendars are available):

Santa Pod - the home of UK drag racing (look out for Dragstalgia the historic festival).
Buckmore Park - the home of UK Karting and the learning ground for Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton and many others
Lydden Hill - the home of British Rallycross, British Drift Championship and great motorcycle races.
Brands Hatch - Probably the worlds most famous circuit. Look out for the AMOC meeting and Historic meetings.
Aylesford Priory - Home to the classic car show, classic bike show, All Ford show, Kit and Custom show.
Chatham Dockyard - First Thursday evening of each month in summer - free American car shows.
Arena Essex Raceway - Banger Racing and F2 Stock cars etc.
Canada Heights - Motocross and Sidecar Cross
Frittenden - Grasstrack

There are many others, but those events are all within easy distance of London.

Last edited:
If you come to the UK there are a number of motor racing attractions within easy reach of London / Gatwick Airport. I try to go to a few events each year and would be happy to meet up with fellow Sunday Racers at an event subject to weather.

I pick the best value (cheaper) events where paddock access and grandstand seats are free and (where possible) which are held on a Saturday. The 2016 calendars are not available yet, but I suggest keeping an eye on the websites for the following (I'll post up details of the best meetings when the new calendars are available):

Santa Pod - the home of UK drag racing (look out for Dragstalgia the historic festival).
Buckmore Park - the home of UK Karting and the learning ground for Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton and many others
Lydden Hill - the home of British Rallycross, British Drift Championship and great motorcycle races.
Brands Hatch - Probably the worlds most famous circuit. Look out for the AMOC meeting and Historic meetings.
Aylesford Priory - Home to the classic car festival, classic bike festival, All Ford festival, Kit and Custom festival.
Chatham Dockyard - First Thursday evening of each month in summer - free American car shows.

There are many others, but those events are all within easy distance of London.
I would like to go to the motor racing attractions too. I'm planning to travel to UK in next 2 months or so. What do you think?

Hope you've recovered. :)
Not quite yet, as long as those keep coming:
dieselgate3.jpg

Watch out, there may be other manufacturers yet to be found out!
Anyway I thought you were from Germany. :dopey: :D
Nope, aaaand nope. They already know it was a VAG-only thing. But there might be more to come in for VAG itself now, refusal of recalls over faulty DSG-transmissions and cam chains etc. Man, I hope they will lose so many customers!!!

I'm Spanish mate. But yeah I've grown up in Germany ... and with Opels, now if you've grown a love for Opel you simply do not develop any sympathy for the arch-rival from Wolfsburg. ;)

I would like to go to the motor racing attractions too. I'm planning to travel to UK in next 2 months or so. What do you think?

I'll send you a private message Harsk with suggestions, but most motorsport in the UK comes to an end in early Autumn because of our poor weather. There may be some rallycross events and some circuits hold "Plum Pudding" races for cars or motorbikes just after Christmas.

I suggest a Porsche championship

There will be a Porsche in our AMOC series next year, but as it laps slower than the other cars it will be reserved for previous race winners to get closer racing. Also, I read Mark Donoghue's superb book "The Unfair Advantage" this summer which has given me a lot of ideas for possible series - he won the first ever Race of Champions in which all competitors drove identical Porsche's.

@Flaco13 Your rig looks great - I presume you will be now be even faster, which is a frightening thought!

Here's my shifter - I upholstered the mount to match the sofa - it was a bit of a surprise to Mrs Cylinder and the rest of the family - they don't understand my hobby, but fortunately they accept it!

GT5 Shifter 1.jpg

Good luck to one and all in the final round and hopefully see you all in the next championship!

Last edited:
I'll send you a private message Harsk with suggestions, but most motorsport in the UK comes to an end in early Autumn because of our poor weather. There may be some rallycross events and some circuits hold "Plum Pudding" races for cars or motorbikes just after Christmas.

There will be a Porsche in our AMOC series next year, but as it laps slower than the other cars it will be reserved for previous race winners to get closer racing. Also, I read Mark Donoghue's superb book "The Unfair Advantage" this summer which has given me a lot of ideas for possible series - he won the first ever Race of Champions in which all competitors drove identical Porsche's.

@Flaco13 Your rig looks great - I presume you will be now be even faster, which is a frightening thought!

Here's my shifter - I upholstered the mount to match the sofa - it was a bit of a surprise to Mrs Cylinder and the rest of the family - they don't understand my hobby, but fortunately they accept it!

View attachment 452412

Good luck to one and all in the final round and hopefully see you all in the next championship!
Yes, please send me a private message.

Anyways, I won't attend the today's final round as something in GT6 came up to me.

Good luck, guys. 👍

I here spelling error hear there's a new member of the week in town!

Congratulations @Sick Cylinder, I'll congratulate you again in the appropriate thread once your interview is published.
:cheers:

Community Spotlight
While this week’s inductee has yet to provide the necessary insight in their world, the call ahs been answered and without further ado let’s give a warm welcome to the newest member to find vacancy in the ever-growing Member of the Week madhouse, Sick Cylinder!

You can read the interview in its entirety the second it becomes available (watch for the alert!) in the official thread right here and remember, the feature is now on an alternating schedule so don’t panic when this particular feature is gone from the Spotlight next week.

Last edited:
I here spelling error hear there's a new member of the week in town!

Congratulations @Sick Cylinder, I'll congratulate you again in the appropriate thread once your interview is published.

Thanks. I don't know how that happened! They asked me to write an acceptance speech and I thought of thanking you all by name, but there are so many of you so please don't be offended if I didn't single you out for a mention.

Last edited:
Anyways, I won't attend the today's final round as something in GT6 came up to me.

Good luck, guys. 👍

Good, we were 1 point apart for 4th in the XNR series so now that makes it easier....

Also, Sick are you taking off the lowest 6 scores for the NASCAR championship, or are you taking off the lowest cumulative scores of your 3 lowest race weekends, or are you just taking off the three lowest single race scores?

Good, we were 1 point apart for 4th in the XNR series so now that makes it easier....

Also, Sick are you taking off the lowest 6 scores for the NASCAR championship, or are you taking off the lowest cumulative scores of your 3 lowest race weekends, or are you just taking off the three lowest single race scores?
And as you won't participate in 1966 Sports Car Cup, then you can take the 4th. You deserve it, mate. 👍

I think that the 3 lowest scores will be dropped.

The 3 lowest scoring rounds are deducted. For some people that will be a deduction of zero if they missed three or more rounds. If someone attended all the rounds it will be the lowest cumulative three rounds.

My car was driving even more like garbage than usual, wouldn't do anything I wanted it to do, and it didn't look like I'd do any better than seventh so I dropped out since today would've been one of my worst scores anyway. It was frustrating because I love that track. Plus the other group I race with on Sundays are using the spitfire which I've never had the chance to race.

Anyways thanks for having me,
mostly fun racing in this series, and I'm sure I'll be back here sometime soon. My lack of tuning ability of rear wheel drive cars and my auto transmission are a big handicap with the high powered cars and I struggled off the corners all season. If there's something with AWD or even FF cars in the future I'll be there with enthusiasm since I can at least somewhat tune those.

Last edited:
Race report

Only had a few laps of practice before the races today, but after those 24 hours of Nürburgring in GT5 I know this track like the back of my hand! Nürburgring is also the track in GT6 that's closest to home for me, so I guess it counts as my home turf :P

XNR - The car felt very good today, I restored the body rigidity before the race, adjusted the limited slip differential and gave it a well deserved car wash, so this car was finishing the series with flying colours! Qualified 3rd and managed to keep that position throughout the race.

Nascar 1 - Qualified 2nd, but there were three of us within 0.1 seconds so I knew it was going to be close. Got a good start and managed to stay on @Pimasz tail, using the technique I learned in the Rome race, where the car was turning better when I gave it a little throttle through the corners. As the race progressed though I lost my cool and started to make some small mistakes. Pimiki eventually got out of reach and instead @LexLathor closed in from behind. On the last lap I made a tiny mistake in the Schumacher S that allowed Lex to catch up, and in the following corner I ran wide and he could overtake me. I didn't give up just yet though, stayed right on his tail as we were coming up towards the chicane, managed to move up next to him during braking and then we were actually going through the chicane side by side! I lost traction at the exit though so Lex managed to defend his position and I crossed the line in 3rd place.

Nascar 2 - Started from 3rd, briefly made it up to 2nd, but I was too hot after the previous race and made too many mistakes, so I was soon back at 3rd. Towards the end of the race I spun around after the chicane and ended up on the grass. Before I could turn the car around again (it was like that scene in Titanic: "Turn! Turn!") I had lost 15 seconds and was down in 5th place. In an attempt to reclaim my 3rd position I entered epic hunter mode and started to chase down the two cars that had passed me. After a lap or two I had caught up and managed to pass the first car (@Manasseh257NSX I believe?) while braking for the chicane. On the last lap I attempted the same maneuver on the second car (@buybon355), but this time I had a bad line and ended up plowing straight forward and rammed his car as we were turning in for the chicane. Not the best way to end a series, but apart from that there was a lot of great racing today!

PS: I took some photos, I'll upload them here within a couple of days.

Race Report Round 12 of 12 from Nurburgring GP/D & GP/F

I find these to be very difficult tracks so it was no surprise to find myself qualifying at the back although I was disappointed with how much slower I was than the rest of the field especially in the Nascar. Only IfAndOr was behind me and I think he had probably chosen not to qualify due to lack of practise. With the Plymouth XNR having a tendency to swap ends it was difficult to judge when to brake for the hairpin at the end of the main straight - I erred on the side of caution as it is very easy to spin off. It was also difficult to judge the braking for the chicane - I think I only got it spot on once in the whole meeting.

It seemed as if IFAndOr was deliberately staying behind rather than trying to pass so I tried giving more room, staying off line etc and ended up going even slower, but it is possible that these cars are just big and it is difficult to pass. We should see a lot of passing and re-passing in the next series as it is multi-class and the cars have different strengths and weaknesses. Hopefully passing will be clean as people, knowing they have an advantage will wait for the right spot on the track to make their move.

In the second Nascar race I made a reasonable start, but didn't push hard on the opening lap as I didn't want to spoil the race for a faster driver by getting in the way. IfAndOr came past me and rapidly pulled away - I wish the game would display the gap to the nearest car behind and in front, because that is who I race, not the leader. It would be nice to know how quickly people are catching and also after passing how quickly they pull away. I think IfAndOr stopped to change his plugs or have a cup of tea at the side of the track because after opening a big gap I passed his stationary car. Within a few laps he was on my tail. As the tyres wore in the final laps I found it tricky keeping the Nascar on the track - It was running wide on corner entry. In race two I was pleased to improve my fastest race lap by one second.

Championship Points Monzanapolis - Congratulations Pimiki!!!

To calculate the final points standings the three lowest scoring rounds were deducted (in future only two rounds will be deducted, but it was summer with more absence). The dropped score rounds are highlighted in pink. The left column headed total gives the total points scored while the right hand column (beside 1) gives the total points after deduction of dropped scores. The number to the right of that is the ranking.

Congratulations to Pimiki for his 1st place score of 215 - I am hoping that via Lex Lathor I can publish an interview with Pimiki so that we can learn some of his speed secrets.

Congratulations to Vice-Champion Lex Lathor on his 2nd place score of 184.

Congratulations to Eran on his 3rd place score of 122.

Round 12 Plymouth XNR.jpg

Championship Points Nascar Road Racing - Congratulations Pimiki!!!

To calculate the final points standings the three lowest scoring rounds were deducted (in future only two rounds will be deducted, but it was summer with more absence). Because rounds 1 and 2 were single race rounds and the others were double header, the scores from the first two races were doubled. The dropped score rounds are highlighted in pink. The left column headed total gives the total points scored while the right hand column (beside 1) gives the total points after deduction of dropped scores. The number to the right of that is the ranking.

Congratulations to Pimiki for his 1st place score of 403 - I am hoping that via Lex Lathor I can publish an interview with Pimiki so that we can learn some of his speed secrets.

Congratulations to Vice-Champion Lex Lathor on his 2nd place score of 318.

Congratulations to Eran on his 3rd place score of 249.

A special mention has to made for the incredible performance in Nascar of @GTP_TLE152 . He was only able to attend 10 races, but he scored 4 first places and 4 second places. We wish him all the best with his studying and hope he gets time to race in the future after his work is done - studies first!

Round 12 Nascar.jpg

The next series commences next Sunday 4th October with Round 0 (Test Day). If anyone is reading this who wants to join in please message Sick Cylinder. All ability levels are welcome. Although experienced racers are always welcome it would be especially nice to get some enthusiastic beginners who can join me towards the back of the field.

If anyone is unsure of the cars, colours, numbers etc that they are using in the next series please let me know asap. Please have all your cars ready for Round 0. We will do at least five test races. Two races for the "1966 Sports Car Cup" and three races for the "1967 310 cup". Silver drivers have two cars to get ready - including a Ford GT40 tuned to 310 bhp which they use in the 1967 310 cup. Gold and Platinum drivers have three cars to get ready including a Ford GT40 MK2 replica tuned to 485bhp which they use in the "1966 Sports Car Cup" and three cars for the "1967 310 cup" tuned to 310bhp - these three cars are either from GT5 (low cost) or GT3 (high cost). If in any doubt please let me know.

Congratulations to all for their results and hopefully we see as many of you as possible together with some new faces in the next championship.

LINK: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...s-replicas-starts-4th-oct-2015-spaces.316026/

Although I only made it to one round (plus the test round), I followed the chat on the thread & hopefully I'll be able to attend more in the next series.
From late October I'm normally out of commission GT-wise until mid to late January because of the nature of my work. I'll try to get to some of the early rounds.
Well done everybody.

Latest Posts

Back