NASCAR Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter nick45502
  • 57 comments
  • 2,840 views
Messages
124
Messages
nick45502
I'd like to start a NASCAR Series at Indy and Daytona, all NASCAR rules and regs apply, will have pace-car and official. Let me know if interested.
 
OK cool, we need more interest though, I'm looking for about 6-8 people though
 
I'm currently racing in the SCANA league, but would be glad to join if you raced at a time that didn't conflict with their schedule (Saturday nights from 7p-~11p EST)
 
I'd be able to do it permitting it starts after March 11.
 
i'm currently racing in the scana league, but would be glad to join if you raced at a time that didn't conflict with their schedule (saturday nights from 7p-~11p est)

+1
 
I'd like to start a NASCAR Series at Indy and Daytona, all NASCAR rules and regs apply, will have pace-car and official. Let me know if interested.
Interested' Can you please go into a little more detail far as laps damage Etc.
 
I'm interested provided time suits. Will there be road course races at somewhere like High Speed Ring and Monza without chicane?
 
I would also get in on this depending on the day and time....I run in SCANA and FND those run FRI and SAT night 7:00 pm EST
 
Wow, I didn't think I'd have this much interest. I am open to track suggestions, and will not start until mid March. The laps will be about 50 to 100 laps depending on the race being compared to.
 
I understand the Nascar interest, but I would think that a bunch of folks would get the pc game Nascar 2003 and server running and be able to race ALL the regular tracks and then some. Maybe not enough folks have computers and the game perhaps?
Just a thought.
 
Some track suggestions:

Daytona Oval and Road Course, Indy Oval and Road Course, Madrid Mini, Monza (no chicanes), LeMans (no chicanes), High Speed Ring (forward and backward), Autumn Ring Mini, Suzuka East, Grand Valley East, Clubman SSR 5, Cape Ring Inside.
 
I woll do the Daytona Oval and Indy Oval, but on road courses as you all know, the car does not like to stick, therefore, I'd like to keep the road courses to a minimum if thats possible, but those are suggestions and they will be considered.
 
I understand the Nascar interest, but I would think that a bunch of folks would get the pc game Nascar 2003 and server running and be able to race ALL the regular tracks and then some. Maybe not enough folks have computers and the game perhaps?
Just a thought.

Nascar 2003 hasn't been online for years.
 
Well Nascar 2011 will be out 3-29 and I know alot of my friends will be tied up with that game so starting that late in march is something I can not commit to. But good luck
 
Hmm, I think a Laguna 200 Mile race would be awesome. By the way, do you have a dedicated pace car driver + Official?
 
I do, I am the official and I have a person to be a pace car. and I will see about Laguna, I am going to do trials this weekend on tracks, starting with Monza, then High Speed Ring then Laguna, but by no means will we do Top Gear.
 
Damn, I was gonna ask to be the safety car driver :P Are you gonna use that skyline or a different car? And going to Top Gear would be awesome ... Also with 14 player races will you use the same 14 over in a League style or just for fun or something?
 
I don't know exactly what car the pace car will be, and I will take TG to a debate as to if it will be included, at this point, anyone who is interested add me on psn, nick45502, and i will get back to you
 
Of course Nascar 2003 has been online, it never left. The Sierra servers went down yes, but there are dozens and dozens of independent servers out there. Do a search for online racing Nascar 2003, lots of hits will pop up.
Anyhow, I was just saying if someone wanted to make a Nascar series, that would be the way to go, lots of tracks, (game is fully customizable), individual paint schemes for the cars/trucks, and you can have more than 16 people running. Oh, the pace car is game controlled so no need for someone to "drive" the pacecar.

Again don't shoot the messenger, I was just saying...
 
I didn't know that, but I do not have NASCAR 03, but isn't the point of GTPlanet to use GT games? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but we are using GT5.
 
yeah I know this is GT5 land. Sorry for thinking out of the box.
 
Don't get me wrong, your thinking was only advice, and I admire that in a person, but I was just pointing out that this is GT5, not NASCAR 03.
 
Back