NBA 2010-2011 Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,141 comments
I can't believe my Knicks. How do you allow Kevin Love to score 31 pts and grab ........ 31 rebounds. They were shooting 3s like they were going out of style. Up by 21 and lose. Terrible. I don't know if its the players or coach. Probably both. Oh well what can you do?

Well, get ready, kjb... my boys are coming to Madison Square Garden this Sunday. This East road trip for my Rockets is not an easy one. We just fell apart at the Wizards, but came back nicely at the Pacers. I just want my Rockets to get on the positive side of .500 after dropping five straight to start the season. That also means we have to take down NYK on the road and CHI at home to go to 4-5. Then, I think we have to go to the Thunder and play at the Raptors. Who said the NBA was easy?

The Raptors lost to the Heat, but all things considered it as a pretty darn good effort. It was back to back away games, they're down a few players, including starter Linas Kleiza (I haven't heard why he or Aussie David Andersen are unable to play, any help would be appreciated) and it was only a 9pt loss. Demar DeRozan is becoming a serious talent to my eyes, I hope he doesn't leave Toronto for many years and continues to improve, he could become a superstar. He's already had a few 20pt games this season now- but not only that it's how he scores those points, reminds me of D Wade.

My Spurs destroyed the 76ers last night in fine fashion. Had a 30pt lead and 96pts at the start of the 4th qtr, which meant the bench played the rest of the game. That's good because we have a tough match-up against Oklahoma tonight. This game will be a good measuring stick for our team, since we've been playing mostly back-markers this season, with the exception of the Hornets (who are still undefeated I think).

^Kleiza has an achilles injury and is day to day.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=1535&line=143294&spln=1

Don't know about Anderson.

Our first winning streak! We won 104-96 at the New York Knicks. A strong third quarter along with some consistent play in the 4th Quarter helped to get us the win. It was pretty unnerving seeing the Knicks brick lay-ups and short shots. However, their mid-range and long-range game was pretty cool. We just took advantage of some poor shooting from the Knicks to end up winning. We probably should have won a bit longer than what we ended up winning by, but we'll take the win. Again- FIRST winning streak for my Rockets!

Up next... a back to back- Tuesday night vs. the Bulls, then at the Thunder the following night. The Raptors await us in Toronto this coming Friday. The next game after at Toronto will be back at Toyota Center next week against the Suns and and against the Warriors.

Spurs keep rockin'. After starting 1 for 10 from the field, they come back and drop bombs from beyond the arc. Combine Bonner shooting 7 for 7 from 3pt land and Ginobli adding a few, plus keeping Okc in check allowing only 14pts in the 3rd, my Spurs show impressively. Nice.

Thanks for that info, although now I know I'm not sure I wanted to, that's really bad news.:(

Up next... a back to back- Tuesday night vs. the Bulls, then at the Thunder the following night. The Raptors await us in Toronto this coming Friday. The next game after at Toronto will be back at Toyota Center next week against the Suns and and against the Warriors.

Bring it on.:sly: Actually, no, don't bring it, just lay down and lose please.:scared:

Well my Knicks fell apart in the 4th qtr again. Stoudamire questioned his teammates heart and never good especially 9 games into the season. Oh well 25 wins here we come.

Yeah that doesn't sound very good for the Knicks, and I thought they looked like a team that could do well this season.

No more unbeatens left. New Orleans got taken down to (or at?) the Mavericks. Interesting stat- the last four unbeatens in a season all played in the NBA Finals that season. The most recent previous unbeaten before New Orleans was Boston, who lost in the NBA Finals. The previous two final unbeaten NBA teams WON the NBA Finals.

Imagine if the Hornets win it all after the NFL's New Orleans Saints won the most recent Super Bowl. Perhaps this is the Big Easy's time? Elsewhere, my Rockets have a tough back-to-back ahead: at home vs. the Bulls, then at the Thunder tomorrow night.

Rockets could have won last night against the Bulls, but a three-pointer and a two-pointer by Kyle Lowry were disallowed as they were hits before the Shot Clock went off upon further review. Chicago won 95-92. Turnovers were a BIG problem for the Rockets as they are now 3-7. If they want to avoid going 3-8 (or even 3-9), they had BETTER step up at Oklahoma City tonight and then at Toronto Friday night.

Greg Oden, done for the year - micro fracture surgery. That dude can't get a break (no pun intended).

In other news - My Spurs are having a hard time with the Bulls. Turnover, turnover, turnover.......rinse-repeat. Bummer.

Greg Oden, done for the year - micro fracture surgery. That dude can't get a break (no pun intended).

In other news - My Spurs are having a hard time with the Bulls. Turnover, turnover, turnover.......rinse-repeat. Bummer.

Well, Greg Oden's value and future in the NBA is going to be in peril.

Season after season after season..... waste of time for Blazers.

Like a raggedy car ready to finally die at any given moment, we gloriously failed at the Oklahoma City Thunder after losing to the Bulls (who we COULD have beaten). This one wasn't even close- Our only(?) lead was 2-0. Since, it was a Thunder whitewashing of my Rockets- a 116-99 pound job. I guess we're set to fail in Toronto Friday night, too...

Wow. After the two lackluster opening quarters my Spurs come out after half-time and clamp down the Bulls, allowing only 12pts, while capitalizing on the other end and score 37; turning a 10pt defecit into a 15pt lead! They hold on in the fourth to keep our 8 game winning streak in tact. Nice job! Next we go to Utah on Friday night to battle the Jazz.

Nice! Spurs move to 10 and 1, winning their 9th straight to maintain the hottest record in the NBA with a hard fought victory over the Jazz. The first half was a typical Jazz game - elbows and earholes, no foul calls and blackeyes tomorrow for some. Then the second half no one could breath hard on each other and the whistle would blow. Spurs pull away in the latter half of the 4th. They've got the old work horses still, but I have to take back all the foul words I've said all last season about Richard Jefferson. He has evolved into an asset to the team and Dejaun Blair is a beast on the boards. A BEAST! Spurs keep finding ways to win....we'll see how it goes.

...meanwhile (in response to Post #227), we can't win a game in Canada. Rockets are now 3-9 after losing 106-96 in Toronto. We're the worst team in the state of Texas and dead last (5th) in the Southwest Division.

I am usually prescribed to the theory that Houston sports teams are second half teams. If this holds true, the Rockets have a WHOLE lot of work ahead of them to even make it to 8th in the Western Division. If the playoffs began today, we'd be out because we're in 14th place, 7 games back. The bottomdweller is the L.A. Clippers, 10 games back.

Just to give you some insight on what it's like when some fans really give up on their team and feel bad, here are a few comments from the Rockets' Facebook fan page:

"WTF?????? Toronto??? Really Rockets??? Its time for a change, im tired of all this blaming it on injuries. Everybody was healthy at tha beginning and we lost five straight!!!! Tonight really hass me pissed.... (TORONTO)??????? Lol. Damn man"

"wtf man where is the attitude the heart the leadership come on rockets get it together sooner than later or we are going down for the count !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"CHOKE CITY!!!!! If they had just done my deals and got danny granger and carmelo anthony and chauncey billups they wouldnt be in this mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the rockets are an embarassment!!!!!!! all i have left to say is CHOKE CITY!!!!!! If youre not mad at what this team has started out as then youre probably not hum...an; there im done speaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And if you think THAT is bad, you should see how Texans fans on Facebook respond. Oh, well... back home to Toyota Center to entertain the Suns and Warriors. Maybe we can bounce back at home.

Sorry John, but I'm really glad Toronto won again.:D That first guy has no respect for the Raptors, they've got some talent and an Aussie! Really relieved to see Kleiza back in the game, now where is Barbosa?:nervous: Raptors come up against Boston on Sunday in American time, come on Toronto, it's time for a major upset win........

Miami had their hearts broken playing at Memphis on Saturday night. A clutch late two-pointer vaulted the Grizzlies over the Heat in the closing seconds. I think it was a 97-95 victory for the Grizz. This puts Miami at 8-5, and a number of disappointed fans are already thinking this season is a lost cause. Almost as if instant results are predicted by fans. Sports don't work that way, players. Even some of the Heat players say that it's going to take time for them to really be that Laker-slayer Eastern Conference heavyweight. Maybe not "Laker-slayer" or "Eastern Conference heavyweight" as far as actual words, but the Heat will get to that powerhouse level with this unit. In due time, of course.

Too bad about the Wade injury, anyone know how Haslem is after leaving the game from a big hit?

^Rumor is he dislocated toes and tore some foot ligaments. Maybe, if you can believe LeBron :sly:
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/21/miamis-udonis-haslem-may-have-serious-foot-injury/

My Spurs keep truckin'!! Bench play comes up big and extends our winning streak to 10 games and improves us to 11 and 1. Scoring 100pts a game, while still playing some traditional Spurs defense is keeping them in every game. We're still playing .500 +/- teams, but that's ok by me. We usually can't get our groove on until after the All Star Break (Rodeo Roadtrip is well documented) so I'll take some wins ahead of that. This team will continue to improve and we may have something to say to big boys this season. :) We'll see....👍

The Spurs sure are doing well, have they ever won a championship?

Sure aren't, you know how much NBA coverage Australia has had for the last decade? Essentially none, and I'm still young!:D
Oh, and I just found out the Raptors beat Boston, YEEEEEEEAAAAAHH!!!:D But I can't watch the highlights on my PS3 and my computer died. :(

The Spurs sure are doing well, have they ever won a championship?

Oh yeah.....'99, '03, '05, '07. Those were the glory years!! (apparently we could only win on odd numbered years) In '99 after the strike shortened year we beat the Knicks (yes the Knicks). In '03 we beat the Nets (yes the Nets). In '05 we beat the Pistons and the series went 7 games (awesome series). In '07 we swept LeBron and the Cavs in 4. After that we went to a couple Western Conf Finals but the Mavs got over on us, and then the Lakers began their run.

We've been down the last two years as our guys are old, but last year and this year we've got some new blood amidst the roster. We're playing good right now, but haven't played the top seeds yet. We'll see what we look like after the All Star Break.

We got the Suns tonight and then the Warriors Wednesday night. I don't want my Rockets to fall apart more than my Texans are, so they really need to keep winning to generate confidence and develop a winning mentality. We are MUCH better than our record indicates. And also... they also need to pay attention to the Shot Clock. Don't think- SHOOT!

Hope things get better before they get much worse...

Spurs take down the Majic 106-97 in a closely fought game. Spurs weren't playing as well as they have lately, but after trading hoops most of the 4th quarter they go on an 11-2 run and take a 1/2 game lead over the Hornets in the West. 11 game streak, Nice.

Damn it to f:censored:in' Hell... again! Rockets lost 126-113 to the Suns (it's the Suns, but a loss is still a loss). Our season is over at this point. This just continues a poor sports year for me. I'm already depressed about most of my favorite sports teams and athletes this year. Just bring on 2011 because I'm pissed. I'm sure we'll fail again Wednesday night against against the Golden State Warriors, so I'll spare you my anger when we do lose to the Warriors.

Back