NBA 2010-2011 Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,141 comments
The Orlando at New York game will be postponed because of some asbestos leak or something. Here are other games slated for tonight:

* 76ers at Wizards
* Hawks at Cavaliers
* Celtics at Pistons
* Timberwolves at Heat
* Trailblazers/Trail Blazers at Bucks
* Grizzlies at Lakers

I'm interested to see how much of a difference maker John Wall can be for the Wizards. Enjoy tonight's games!

kjb
Things have been so bad for so long even being in contention and getting knocked towards the end of the season would be a welcome improvement. I just hope the owner doesn't bring Isiah Thomas back. I hope this scandal with the scouts secretly working draftees will get rid of the rest of the people connected with Thomas. The only problem is the owner thinks the world of Thomas. 👎

Yeah, Isiah Thomas is a bad influence to the Knicks.

I was glad that he didn't end up being part of the Knicks as a "consultant".

During his coaching time in NY, he gave them the worst games.

They should ban him from doing anything in the NBA.

He's just full of it. He's unaccomplished as a player and as a coach full of consistent dismal performance.:crazy:

Yeah, yeah, sure he has some great records, but whatever. Those didn't give him any championship ring. 👎

Bucks lost to the Blazers in a big way after owning the first quarter, and John Wall produced for the Wizzards almost getting a triple double (29pts, 13asts, 9 steals). Sounds like a pretty decent rookie season this year.

Oh, John Wall was out of his mind. Dare I say, his performance in the NBA was almost like Arian Foster's first game with my Texans of the NFL. Wall is the truth. Then too, where did Wall go to school? A school called... the University of Kentucky. He was part of that star cast even along with Patrick Patterson of my Rockets.

Speaking of the Rockets... my 0-3 boys host the 3-0 Hornets tonight. If we blow this one, we'll head down I-10 to San Antonio with an 0-4 record. I'll be damned if we somehow become the 2010 version of the 2009 New Jersey Nets (as in unbearably sorry).

Man, the Bucks were so close! Delfino just had to throw it half court assuming hiss mate was free. Poor decision making.

Well, I don't like the Celtics.... but I have to congratulate Pierce for getting his milestone. He stuck with the team through thick and thin, and now he's leaving his mark as t true Celtic member.

Wow, T-wolves got hammered bad by Magic. Ouch.:)

Same old song and dance... first half lead, don't do s:censored: afterwards. The Rockets just can't seem to play 48 minutes. Yao is supposed to be the one with the 24-minute limit... NOT the Rockets! This has GOT to improve if they don't want to fall into a hole they can't dig themselves out of. Right now, the Rockets will have to be like the 2005 Houston Astros of Major League Baseball in terms of making a huge comeback from early struggles to take them into the playoffs and far into the playoffs.

It's got to improve. If this pattern continues, we'll lead San Antonio, then lay an egg in the second half to go to 0-5. This has GOT to improve. I still love the Rockets, but this is a crappy start for a very good team.

The Raptors aren't putting in a good show either, getting blown out by the Jazz. Bogut's 21pts and 13 rebounds wasn't good enough to top Boston. Bargnani has certainly been putting up the numbers, but Raptors really need to get a move along. After paying Amir Johnson so much money he only got 5mins against the Jazz.

Tonight on NBA on TNT...

* Knicks at Bulls
* Thunder at Trailblazers

Enjoy tonight's games! There is still a LONG way to go, but if the season ended right now, here would be your winners:

! = clinched division
!! = unbeaten (so far)

Eastern Conference Playoffs (if it ended today):
#1 Hawks!! vs. #8 Knicks
#2 Celtics! vs. #7 Nets
#3 Heat vs. #6 Pacers
#4 Bulls vs. #5 Magic

Western Conference Playoffs (if it ended today)
#1 Lakers!! vs. #8 Nuggets
#2 Hornets!! vs. #7 Kings
#3 Trailblazers! vs. #6 Spurs
#4 Warriors vs. #5 Mavericks

Again- LONG way to go. My Rockets and the Pistons are the only winless teams thus far. The only assuring deal is that the Pistons are 0-5 while my Rockets are 0-4.

Last edited:
John don't feel bad at least the Rockets have won and been in the playoffs the last few years. My Knicks have not done anything since ....... 1999. This year is the first year that I actually want to see their games, that's how bad it has been. Hopefully they find a way to win tonight.

I remember '99, was the start of my Spurs run. (Sorry to bring that up :) ) However, your Knicks are hanging 70 on the Bulls in the FIRST half right now! 👍 Plus their arrow is pointing up! (Unlike my Spurs who are just average, to below).

edit: Nice win by the Knicks! Chicago made a couple of runs throughout the game but ran out of gas late, plus the Knicks were shooting lights out.

Thunder v. Blazers: OKC is an up-and-coming team. They took the Lakers to the edge in the playoffs last season. I've got my eye on them throughout this season.

Last edited:
I am really excited about my Knicks. I like the way they won with Amare Stoudamire having a bad game. Good win

The Raptors kept the Lakers honest for 4 quarters this round but ultimately got handed another loss. For some reason Bogut did not play against the Pacers, wierd. The Heat finally lost again.

I'll tell you right now... after seeing bits and pieces of Chicago Bulls games, I think despite their losses, Chicago is going to be an extremely viable contender in the East. Today's Bulls may not have a certain guy that wears #23, but they are going to be a tough ticket if they keep playing hard.

The Texas Triangle goes into effect as the Rockets will play the Spurs tonight. ANY win for my Rockets will bring a smile to my face, especially against the black and silver boys...

What a game John! Seems the refs swallowed their whistles (as they should) during that final play. Rockets / Spurs is always a great game. ('specially when we win :D )

Our f:censored:ed up winless season continues. We just lost 124-121 at San Antonio. Aaron Brooks and Kevin Martin got dinged up, and Yao didn't play. We got the T-Wolves tomorrow night. At this point, the 2010 Rockets of the NBA are playing like the 2010 Astros, and at least the Astros can win their games.

Oh, and we TRAILED at the half this time. Rockets just hang in there but can't win. Courtney Lee should have made those damned free throws so we wouldn't get to a situation like this. Chance to win the game, and he blew it at the foul line. There was still Overtime, and the Spurs were better. I still love my Rockets, but I'm probably going to back to rooting on the Texans until the Rockets get their s:censored: together and start winning for a f:censored:ing change.

[UPDATE] The Rockets are now the ONLY winless team this season. The Pistons beat Charlotte 97-90 at home. Up next for the Rockets: Timberwolves (SUN), at Wizards (WED), at Pacers (FRI), at Knicks (next SUN), and Bulls (next TUE).

I've been hard on the Rockets despite their comeback efforts, but here's a stand I don't normally take- a loss is still a loss. They need to win and keep winning so that they don't end up falling on their faces like they did when last year's playoff hopes went up in smoke. Red Rising is still laying an egg rather than doing everything they need to do to win games. This has GOT to improve. The Rockets are too damn good of a team to have such a lackluster start.

Last edited:
Is Greg Oden injured! (this is a question, but with the ! because he's always)
I'm sure that you are aware that our two main centers; Joel Przybilla & Greg Oden has been out since last winter. We are hoping to see Przybilla back in next week or two, he'll play limited minutes. No ETA on Oden.

We lost some insane amount of players to injuries, last season. Trend continues, as so far this season, we have lost:

Jeff Pendergraph - out for the season

Elliot Williams - possibly out for the season

Rudy Fernandez - has missed few games due to his back problems

Fabricio Oberto - retired due to heart condition

At six games into the season, we have already lost three players for the 2010/11. Here we go again!

And then, there were none! The Rockets finally get into the win column with a convincing 120-94 victory over the Timberwolves. They probably looked at the T-Wolves and pretended they were the Spurs, Lakers, Warriors, Nuggets, and Hornets... all in one. No ranting from me this time.

Up next... a three-game road trip starting on Wednesday in Washington, D.C.

Oooh, that Heat game was nasty. It's refreshing to watch those highlights after watching the Dolphins.

The Raptors had better beat Golden State tomorrow now, they're back at home, had a day's rest and Golden State aren't that great. They're currently 1-5, pretty poor.

The NBA Fan Night Game of the Week is Utah at Miami. I heard Utah is going on this rather long road trip. I think they play at Orlando and Atlanta among other places in this trip. My Rockets don't get back on the floor until tomorrow night in Washington, D.C. against the Wizards. Speaking of the Wizards, I heard long ago that the Wizards were considering going back to being called the Bullets. What do you think of the Washington [, D.C.] team being named back to the Bullets, if it did ever happen?

Somebody must have ticked off Mike Dunleavy because he went OFF on Denver! Dude was out of his mind! Indiana won 144-113 over the Denver Nuggets. Dunleavy hit 6 out of 10 3-pointers. He ended up with 31 points. The Indiana Pacers shot 20 of 21 shots (good for 54 points) in the third quarter. Sad news for my Rockets is... we have to play AT Indiana on this road trip we have. (gulp)

Miami should have cruised to a win against Utah (not that Utah is sorry). However, being outscored 42-29 in the 3rd and 42-29 in the 4th is NOT good. Game went into Overtime after Miami led 51-32 at the half. The Jazz extinguished the Heat in Overtime 116-114.

Other results from Tuesday night (Home winner in CAPITAL LETTERS):
* 93-91, Cleveland def. New Jersey
* 101-82, NEW ORLEANS def. L.A. Clippers
* 107-80, MILWAUKEE def. New York
* 100-78, PORTLAND def. Detroit
* 99-94, L.A. LAKERS def. Minnesota

So really, Utah and Cleveland were the ONLY road winners Tuesday night.

Mike Dunleavy is his dad. I was like, I didn't even know he still coached!

I've never liked "Jr", but since he beat up on our division rival Denver, I guess it's all good!

God-forsaken shame. Rockets lose Yao Ming to injury, and the Rockets just played like crap almost all game long. We ended up losing 98-91 to a team we could have probably beaten easily (John Wall's performance notwithstanding). All I know is... I hope the Rockets don't treat the Pacers like they are the Lakers when they go back on the floor Friday night or when we play at New York on Sunday night. Otherwise, we're just playing for next season (though it's early), especially if we keep playing as lazily and as uninspired as our past losses.

Another fantastic fail job by the Rockets. This s:censored: needs to improve NOW!!! We're too damn good to fail like this.

I can pretty much give up on the Raptors now too, they're getting some good plays, but the rest of their game must be crap, because they're losing uncontrollably.

One Facebook "fan" wanted to bet that the Rockets are on pace to lose 50 games this season. I've been upset at the Rockets' slow start, but it's almost too early to already consider them done. So you stumble in November. Who's to say that December through playoff time that they (or any other team) get infinitely better?

And if you think I'm tough on my team, there are people who are even tougher on their team(s)!

Last night...

* Miami NEVER led against the Celtics as they went to 5-4. An interesting note on ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption" today... Cleveland is 4-4 right now without LeBron. I think I even heard they're leading the Central Division in the East.

* Somebody finally shut up the Lakers, and it was the Nuggets in Denver.

Tonight, my Rockets will try to avoid falling on their faces (again) when we play at the Pacers. Two big matches tonight involve the Utah Jazz at the Atlanta Hawks, and then the Oklahoma City Thunder try to shake up the Portland Trail Blazers in OKC.

Enjoy tonight and this weekend's games!

Last edited:
Second win for the Rockets! It was a 102-99 decision for the boys in red. Brad Miller returned to his home state and did very well against the Pacers. Up next for my boys... a trip to Madison Square Garden to take on the Knicks Sunday night.

I watched the Nuggets vs Lakers game, Denver was sublime. Oh, and the Raptors downed the Magic!:D Didn't see that one coming, but it sure makes me happy.;)

Back