NBA: 2012-2013 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,503 comments
True about many bandwagon fans(it's unavoidable with any successful teams), but I wouldn't say they are overrated. That is the most loaded team I've ever witnessed in my something like 25 years of watching NBA.
Mate they need the rest, not too many young bloods in that squad :lol:
Don't say that! :lol:

Lebron fouling out is as common as America admitting wrongdoing in international politics.
To be perfectly fair, nobody admits to anything unless it's convenient for them. ;)

I can't believe that they won tonight(didn't pay attention), or that the Pacers are still hanging with them. 👍

P.S. Very officiating that I considered the last straw did involve LeBron James. NBA officiating involves so much B.S., some accidental, some totally intended, I only still follow this B.S. because I just love basketball.

I agree, the refs totally suck. Some obvious favors for Miami, and then BS retributive calls against them. They need to cut that out.

Also, I can't believe they didn't try to foul out Stephenson. Wtf, guys.

I feel like I'm watching Lebron back on the Cavs. It's like a one man show.

PLEASE, Pat Riley, get a big huge large man to help this guy out and bring Lebron back on a new contract.

PLEASE, Pat Riley, get a big huge large man to help this guy out

He said what?:eek: Haha, I jest, but agree the Heat need a true big man, Bosh is too soft and Birdman is always going to be that energy guy off the bench. The Heat probably have the least to lose and most to gain by signing Oden...... Or maybe Dwight Howard will play for peanuts.:P:lol:

sumbrownkid
Lebron fouling out is as common as America admitting wrongdoing in international politics.

I guess we could have done more to help the Falkland Islands situation, but we couldn't find it on a map, being the ignoramuses that we are.

See, there's no LeBron favoritism by the refs...

Both Indiana and Miami have a Home and Away win, and Game 5 could provide a psychological advantage for the winner. The loser of tonight's game will have to win two straight to face the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA Finals.

Good luck to both teams in tonight's match.

An NBA note to share... LeBron James, David West, and Lance Stephenson are all $5K light for their violation of the league's anti-flopping rule in Game 4 of this series.

Well LeBron James went back to his Cavalier days by carrying the team in game 5.

Meanwhile Birdman should be suspended for the double shove on Tyler, don't know how that ended up a double technical.

Still, Tyler is an absolute punk, so for me, the Birdman block on the very next play could well have been the best moment of the play-offs so far for me from a non-basketball point of view.:D Tyler's always doing what he can to dog other players and start fights, it's no coincidence he's always the one in altercations.

Last edited:
Yeah but for once it was Birdman starting all this pushing and shoving so gotta side with what they call him Psycho T here haha.

Still, Tyler is an absolute punk, so for me, the Birdman block on the very next play could well have been the best moment of the play-offs so far for me from a non-basketball point of view.:D Tyler's always doing what he can to dog other players and start fights, it's no coincidence he's always the one in altercations.
If they collide midair, take each other with season ending injuries, it wouldn't hurt my feelings any.

Well I don't pretend to know anyone in the NBA personally, but regardless Chris "Birdman" Andersen will be suspended for game 6 which will hurt the Heat bench in a big way against Indiana. This will be a desperation game tomorrow, should be good to watch.:D

Anderson should've been ejected and not suspended. Just like that guy on the Bulls.

Anderson should've been ejected and not suspended. Just like that guy on the Bulls.
Didn't he (pretend)try to fight thru the ref to go back to Hansbrough, after knocking him down, then going back to shove him? If it happened like how I recall it, that was a flagrant foul + initiating fight x2. That should've been a ejection and a suspension.

True.

Anyway, Steve Kerr finally said what everyone else has been thinking: We are the Miami Cavaliers. If it weren't for Lebron, we'd be toast.

Wow wade and bosh are nowhere to be seen so far, very hard grinding game so far but Indiana still has the lead.

81-68 with 3:55 left in the game. Excellent. :P
Anyway, Steve Kerr finally said what everyone else has been thinking: We are the Miami Cavaliers. If it weren't for Lebron, we'd be toast.
Guy at work told me that LeBron made a similar remark? I love it. :lol:

This is unbelievable. If I'm Pat Riley, I'm wondering how the hell I'm going to get Lebron to stay in Miami. Why wouldn't he go back to Cleveland to play with Kyrie Irving?

Wade is totally broken down. Stick a fork in him-- he's done. Hope he shows up in 2 days.

The Heat are going to be in huge trouble going forward. We need big men in the worst possible way. Could really use Alex Len, but, alas, we don't even have a pick in the first two rounds. I think Pat Riley thought Wade would have more longevity and more spark than he is currently showing. Bosh is just useless. How messed up is it that your biggest guy's most effective spot is in the corner of the court keeping a point guard out of the paint?

No matter how many times I hear it, it never ceases to amaze me..... Heat fan being critical about their roster. :D

I agree on Wade though, knees don't get better with age.

This is unbelievable. If I'm Pat Riley, I'm wondering how the hell I'm going to get Lebron to stay in Miami. Why wouldn't he go back to Cleveland to play with Kyrie Irving?

Wade is totally broken down. Stick a fork in him-- he's done. Hope he shows up in 2 days.

The Heat are going to be in huge trouble going forward. We need big men in the worst possible way. Could really use Alex Len, but, alas, we don't even have a pick in the first two rounds. I think Pat Riley thought Wade would have more longevity and more spark than he is currently showing. Bosh is just useless. How messed up is it that your biggest guy's most effective spot is in the corner of the court keeping a point guard out of the paint?

I don't think Lebron is in the mood to repair bridges with Cleveland yet. He's still seen as Judas more or less to the state of Ohio.

That said, and seeing from the view of a professional athlete with more cash than the treasury department, I'd much rather live in the glamour of Miami than in blue collar Cleveland. Especially when your income isn't taxed by Florida I think as well as your private property.

I think with him in Miami, other players will migrate to him making Riley's job easier, or as long as the ownership is willing to keep paying luxury taxes on bloated contracts.

No matter how many times I hear it, it never ceases to amaze me..... Heat fan being critical about their roster. :D

I agree on Wade though, knees don't get better with age.
Neither does arrogance.
This was Wade's comment after the game.
We've got to do a good job of making sure me and Chris have our opportunities to succeed throughout the game," Wade said. "That's something we're going to have to look at as a team.
Bosh was 1 for 8 & Wade was 3 for 11, 4 or so misses coming off layups. How many more opportunities do you need?

As for Game 7, this was his answer.
"We've got guys individually who want to play better," Wade said Saturday night. "But we've got to try to help each other out in this locker room and not leave it up to the individual to self-will it."
Is this guy serious? Help each other? That same individual had more assists than the entire team combined while this ass only had 1.

If Pat Riley wants to keep LeBron & show him another championship is still possible, get rid of Wade. Guy is a cancer. Bosh is fine because he knows he's a role player & admits his mistakes.
"I'm really disappointed in myself," Bosh said. "... I have to play better in Game 7. It's as simple as that."

Last edited:
I saw that, too. Those quotes seemed heavily edited together in the story I read though, so I'm not sure what he meant by that, exactly, though in the first line, he most definitely threw his teammates under the bus.

P.S. Bosh is not fine. This guy used to be a franchise player! If you want to become a role-player, do it on a role-player contract! :D

I saw that, too. Those quotes seemed heavily edited together in the story I read though, so I'm not sure what he meant by that, exactly, though in the first line, he most definitely threw his teammates under the bus.

P.S. Bosh is not fine. This guy used to be a franchise player! If you want to become a role-player, do it on a role-player contract! :D
Well, I meant that as in he's fine as a team player in comparison to Wade. He knows he screwed up & he's not even resorting to his injury as an excuse like everyone else. He's worth keeping seeing as he does have good nights & does contribute. If Anderson wasn't so old for a player, Bosh & him could easily start for 1 another.

I think my concern would be how Bosh has taken the backseat to the other two & settled there. With James developing post game, there is even less merit to keep Bosh on board for Heat.

It could be Spoelstra, it could the good old argument how there is just "one ball" to go around, but what Bosh does for this team, somebody could do for a lot less money.

Back to your point on Bosh's statement versus Wade's, I totally agree, Bosh did take it like a man, Wade sure does sound like crying.

I think my concern would be how Bosh has taken the backseat to the other two & settled there. With James developing post game, there is even less merit to keep Bosh on board for Heat.

It could be Spoelstra, it could the good old argument how there is just "one ball" to go around, but what Bosh does for this team, somebody could do for a lot less money.

Back to your point on Bosh's statement versus Wade's, I totally agree, Bosh did take it like a man, Wade sure does sound like crying.
Like maybe a contract extension for the Birdman? :D

But of course again, Birdman's at the end of his career so Miami would have to find a young big man to develop in a very short time frame. Would be a tough task since it hasn't been til' Hibbert's recent highlights on the importance of big men in the league.

Back