NBA: 2012-2013 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,503 comments
Great.... Hornets fan. I can just sense the Raptor fan coming on soon....... says the Blazer fan. :lol:

Blazers beat up on the Lakers tonight, but I couldn't analyze much about the Blazers from it. They shot 50% from the field, 40+ from the 3 and I think 82% or something from the free throw line, then they win only by ten against struggling Lakers. By the way, Lakers lost Steve Nash tonight, about half way thru the game.

Lakers, I think they need to fire Mike Brown, beg & offer Phil Jackson $30M for the next two seasons, then trade Artest & Gasol for a prize from a cracker jack box. Seriously though, Artest's play's been just too eratic, last few years. Problem is, he's capable of output, but you couldn't trade him for LeBron James' stepfather.

Kobe & Dwight did look good though, and they got ripped off by the officials big time in the second half. Had they gotten few more calls, they'd easily been in position to maybe win this game. But we are talking about the Blazers, i.e. low-lottery team.

Phil Jackson's health is preventing him from returning. Let the man rest. That's all he wants now after all those years with the glitz and glamor of Hollywood down the street.

As for Mike Brown...I know it was just preseason, but going 0-10 in your first 10 games a bit disconcerting in a once again explosive Western Conference.

I'm just talking out of my you know what. With a team like the Lakers, where do you even begin, they are just so complex!

Ahh tough loss for the Hornets against the Spurs, at least the brow put up solid numbers with 21 points and 7 rebounds.

Tough loss indeed, but for a young squad such as the Hornets to hang with the Spurs the way they did, I was impressed big time. Trying not to get my hopes up too much though. :lol:

Oh, yeah. I forgot all about the #1 pick that they had. That unibrow kid, whatever his name was.

Tough loss indeed, but for a young squad such as the Hornets to hang with the Spurs the way they did, I was impressed big time. Trying not to get my hopes up too much though. :lol:

True that :lol:

I was surprised that we led the game for a little bit though haha

Norris Cole is going to be incredible this year.

Also, give Steve Nash the ball, then pick n roll to D-Ho on one end while leaving Kobe in iso on the other side. If D-Ho gets opposed, then just dish it to Kobe for easy money. Or give it to Ron Artest. Ron Artest can get into a fight or something so Nash can bring it in for the easy layup.

Norris Cole is going to be incredible this year.

Not Tim Hardaway but he is impressing me. I'm more impressed by Ray Allen though.

And no, the Clippers aren't better than the Lakers.

Last edited:
What a disappointing loss to the Pacers for Toronto, I've never seen more horrible officiating in the NBA, ever. Raptors out played them in every facet but the refs cost them the game well and truly. Either way, provided officiating isn't like THAT all season, the Raptors showed a lot of promise today, I was impressed with everyone on the squad.

And no, the Clippers aren't better than the Lakers.

Currently, I say they probably are. What does it mean? Just about absolutely nothing.

Last season, few weeks into the season, my team was the hottest team in the NBA. We ended up with I think the sixth lottery pick in the end.

Go Blozers! :sly:

If the Clips can manage to keep this type of play throughout the season then the Lakers deserved to get laughed at. That said, I'm sure Kobe will go mamba soon.

Ready for Thunder at Spurs tonight? It would have been Knicks at Nets along with Thunder at Spurs, but the Knicks at Nets match was postponed thanks to Hurricane/Superstorm Sandy. Have to wonder how OKC will play after having given up certain players and picking up others.

When it comes to the Lakers, I am wondering if trying to install this new offense for the Lakers is almost like when Rich Rodriguez tried to install the Spread Offense to the University of Michigan football team back when Rich-Rod was the Michigan coach. I'm sick of the Lakers like most get sick of the NFL's New York Jets, but I think they'll get it together eventually. And again- it's just the first few games of the season. Let's REALLY worry at about things at about the 25% portion of the 2012-2013 season.

C'mon now. There is no fanbase more braced for defeat than non-bandwagon Clipper fans. :lol:

I thought you guys were extinct. :lol:

If the Lakers flop(there is a decent chance, folks), the percentage of the fair-weather Clipper fans would skyrocket to epic proportion. It was already to a sickening degree last year, and they have no idea who Donald Sterling is, what he stands for, why he should just go away, and why Clippers should lose as long this man owns the club. I have a friend who jumped on the Clippers bandwagon last season, and he is aware of the crap Sterling is. I don't understand it, but I think he just loves Chris Paul too much(who doesn't?).

Oh, yeah. I forgot all about the #1 pick that they had. That unibrow kid, whatever his name was.

Don't be like that. :lol:

I know it's only been one game, but I think Al Farouq Aminu is in for a big year for the Hornets.

Last edited:
But Magic, he advertises his unibrow! I think it was on Jimmy Kimmel, he said it could be his trademark! :lol:

Back