NBA: 2013-2014 Season - DONE Spurs Win

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,927 comments
Need for shooters applies to half the league, but Clippers do get two very good help in that department. Having Chris Paul will attract talent.
So the Bulls sign Dunleavy.

Don't know what to make of it.
It is what it is. Solid help, but probably irrelevant. I'm not even sure what he's done, last couple of seasons.

Well the only positives I see is that with him and Noah or Boozer, rebounding would be Hell against us. He does have good numbers at the 3 for a player of his size or position. But I have a feeling he'll be utilized more as a complement to Gibson in controlling the paint. I trust Thibs to make him transcend himself.

You are right. Looks like he did shoot the threes well for Milwaukee. I've never been a fan, but he's always been a true pro. I hope Chicago didn't overpay, and he provide some quality minutes for the Bulls. 👍

I don't know about $5 million, but I'd definitely take less money to win. Losing would cause so much all-around stress.

I 🤬 knew it. Portland's desperate, they would be interested in a headcase center with on-court/off-court problems and only set of knees that's almost as bad as Brandon Roy & Greg Oden's. If this happen, expect me to be a Pelican fan next season. :dopey:
There's no way Dallas will even offer him a meeting. We already had one Lakers big man from Bynum's squad & he threw a pissy fit about not being back in LA. Besides, Dallas fans don't want the player who committed a Flagrant 2 on Barea because he got swept out of the Playoffs. Cuban has little to no love for the Lakers outside of Howard & Nash.

Yeah, he's definitely damaged goods. Mentally & physically.

Speaking of mentally damaged, yeah, that Odom thing was just weird. Big man, professional athlete, but he never really recovered from that one. It was pretty pathetic.

THIS JUST IN...

According to a Tweet from ESPN Sportscenter's Twitter feed, a coaching vacancy has been filled. Brad Stevens is the new Boston Celtics head coach. He goes from being coach of Butler University's men's basketball team to coach the many-times NBA Champion Boston Celtics. What do you make of this?

This is surprising. Manu, after rumors about wanting to spend time with family in South America, has signed a 2-year contract with the Spurs. I guess Pop, even after his shoddy performance, still has faith in him.
Better than the 4-year deal with Splitter, imo. Guy became a big liability when attempting to finish at the rim against the Heat.

Kind of surprised at the little talk of Monta Ellis who made it clear he didn't want to remain with the Bucks. He's right at his prime & a deadly accurate shooter. I know Dallas is interested, but there doesn't appear to have been any contact towards him beyond that.

Last edited:
This is surprising. Manu, after rumors about wanting to spend time with family in South America, has signed a 2-year contract with the Spurs. I guess Pop, even after his shoddy performance, still has faith in him.
Better than the 4-year deal with Splitter, imo. Guy became a big liability when attempting to finish at the rim against the Heat.
I'm not sure of their intention there either. Splitter though, he is little bit underrated. He's got decent head on his shoulders, while there is no mistake that he's second-tier center at best.
Kind of surprised at the little talk of Monta Ellis who made it clear he didn't want to remain with the Bucks. He's right at his prime & a deadly accurate shooter. I know Dallas is interested, but there doesn't appear to have been any contact towards him beyond that.
Love his scoring ability, but he's one of those guys that his "head" is starting to outweigh his game. He can score with the best of them, but I think the popular observation here is that, he believes he's a better player than he actually is.

If Pelicans sign Evans, I hope he can increase his PER whilst playing at the 3, (He recorded 16.6 playing SF compared to his PG which was rated higher)

If Pelicans sign Evans, I hope he can increase his PER whilst playing at the 3, (He recorded 16.6 playing SF compared to his PG which was rated higher)
He did agree to sign the offer sheet, but small forward? How big is this guy!?

He did agree to sign the offer sheet, but small forward? How big is this guy!?

He's 6'6 but apparently his wingspan is crazy (6'11) but the problem is he only weighs in at 220lb which may be a problem when matched up with stronger 3's like LBJ, Melo etc.

He's 6'6 but apparently his wingspan is crazy (6'11) but the problem is he only weighs in at 220lb which may be a problem when matched up with stronger 3's like LBJ, Melo etc.
220 sounds adequate, but I hear he needs a jump shot. :lol:

The Pelicans are looking pretty good so far.......
As far as Boston's new head coach goes, could it be possible they even want a lowsy coach to help their tanking efforts?

As far as Boston's new head coach goes, could it be possible they even want a lowsy coach to help their tanking efforts?
That is how it seems, though the guy isn't a lousy coach, obviously. I know nothing about the college game, but I know Butler's been making headlines overachieving in the NCAA tournaments. Having said that, college & NBA is totally different business, and so many college coaches fail in the pros. Everything from the approach to the game by the players, front office, to philosophy & attitude, traveling, media, etc., etc., etc., they couldn't be more different. And you can't forget that these coaches must adjust to NBA rules & way they bend the rules, and going up against people who are masters at working them.

Stevens is a really young guy, he seems to be a different breed(again, I know nothing about college ball) of coach, but it is going to be an uphill battle for him to say the least.

Edit: OK, first I see this headline on Tyreke Evans.

Reports: Kings, Pelicans, Blazers eye sign, trade deal for Tyreke Evans link

I got scared initially, because we don't need his on, or off court talents. I misunderstood.

Per @ailene_voisin report on Kings/NO trade, no deal done but scenario would send Robin Lopez to Portland, Vasquez to Sac, Evans to Pelicans

— Sam Amick (@sam_amick) July 4, 2013

CBS assessment:

Meanwhile, the Blazers would do really well in this deal, depending on what they give up. They need a center, badly, with starter J.J. Hickson an underwhelming free agent. Lopez fits perfectly next to LaMarcus Aldridge and instantly makes the team better while not surrendering a massive contract.
I concur. It's not a home run, but it'll do, and very efficiently. Article says the deal is still evolving, so it could fall apart just like that, but I hope it happens..... pending what we give up.

Edit2: Kevin Martin to Minnesota? Did OKC not want him back? Kind of surprised by this one. I guess it's possible OKC didn't want to commit anymore than 2, 3 years(MN deal's for 4). Good for the Wolves.

Last edited:
Even more surprising is a report Al Jefferson just signed with the Bobcats!:odd: Didn't they just use a high draft pick on some promising young centre?:odd:
I doubt that Tyreke Evans trade would happen, as far as Bleacher Report knows Evans will sign a 4yr/$44million offer sheet with the Pelicans (overpaid IMO).

Even more surprising is a report Al Jefferson just signed with the Bobcats!:odd: Didn't they just use a high draft pick on some promising young centre?:odd:
I doubt that Tyreke Evans trade would happen, as far as Bleacher Report knows Evans will sign a 4yr/$44million offer sheet with the Pelicans (overpaid IMO).
Well, the trade stems from the offer sheet, because he is a restricted FA. It generates a small incentive to the Kings for letting Evans leave without resistance.

I read about Jefferson, not sure what to make of it. Team's not going anywhere. Don't know who they have, and while Jefferson's game is full of holes(why man of that talent is available to a team like the Bobcats), you certainly could do a lot worse...... maybe not for the money. I think I read $14 million a year or something like that. :lol:

Other news I read said that Heat & Spurs were hot on Oden, Blazers were interested in Splitter before he resigned, Belinelli may be headed to San Antonio, that Clark or whatever from Lakers to Cleveland & JR Smith will stay with the Knicks.

Yep. I believe Belinelli just signed a 2-year deal with San Antonio.

Interestingly, article I read about it from, writer speculated that this may suggest Spurs lost Neal. I didn't even know that he was a FA, but I'm sure his stock went up after the NBA Finals.

Edit: Looks like my local paper thinks the Evans deal is a done deal.

Trail Blazers acquire center Robin Lopez in 3-team trade​

The Trail Blazers finally landed a veteran center.

The Blazers on Thursday acquired center Robin Lopez from the New Orleans Pelicans in a three-team trade that also involved the Sacramento Kings. In the deal, first reported by ESPN, the Hornets acquired guard Tyreke Evans in a sign-and-trade with the Kings, while shipping guard Greivis Vasquez back to Sacramento.

The Blazers facilitated the deal by reportedly giving up future second-round draft picks and cash considerations. link

Writer called Robin Lopez a notable upgrade for the Blazers. Robin Lopez. Notable upgrade. God, my team suck so bad. :lol:

Last edited:
Writer called Robin Lopez a notable upgrade for the Blazers. Robin Lopez. Notable upgrade. God, my team suck so bad. :lol:

To be fair a6, Lopez is a big man who doesn't have knee's made out of glass, so there's that. :lol:

Too soon, Jarrod. Too soon. Give me another 2, 3, 15 years or so & I'll be good. I hope to be able to laugh about it before I die.

Apologies. Still think Lopez is a solid addition for the Blazers.

Apparently, now the Warriors are trying to offload the expiring contracts of Bogut, Biedrins and Jefferson in the hope of clearing some cap in order to sign Howard. Still think Houston is the most likely to snag Howard but if the Warriors can to do it without giving up young talent like Thompson or Barnes. Man, that would be something.

I was kidding man. :lol:

I did read about them, I guess calling around to dump the contracts. There was also a article about how Kobe, instead of kissing Howard's butt in the meeting, he told Howard that he needs to stick around and learn from Kobe how to win. I wish Dwight Howard didn't exist. So much drama around this guy, he should change his name to Drama Howard. :lol:

If the Warriors offload Bogut he's still a big interior presence for another team chasing a centre.

Back